I saw Doctor Strange and have no way of proving it. AMA!

I was part of one of the many recent test screenings. The movie was completed but still was in the stage where it needed to be polished.

How was the villain?

What did you think?

How was my girl Tilda?

So it's clear Marvel was listening to people's criticisms of their villains but at the same time I doubt they care too much. He's a step above most MCU villains but at the end of the day he's another throwaway origin story baddie.

GOD MOTHERFUCKING DAMNIT

WASTE OF A GOOD MADS

Any chance that we could see Based Mads again as like, Dormammu or something?

Was dormammu pulling the strings?
Nightmare?
Does chiewtail go evil at the end?

It's alright, just another MCU movie. I know we joke about the production line Marvel movie thing but I feel it was in full effect here. Dont get me wrong, the movie isn't devoid of creativity but there's really nothing there that makes it stand out you know? Then again I'm kinda picky about my movies. I hated Ant Man while the world loved it so who knows.

7/10
Eh she did her job. I couldn't find anything about her actual performance that hooked me. The way her character is written is the strongest part about her.

This is probably irrelevant to the contents of the movie itself, but how do you see Cumberbatch's Strange getting on with the other existing members of the Avengers? Who will probably wind up having good chemistry with him?

>Any chance that we could see Based Mads again as like, Dormammu or something?

No.
Sorta. It's really all Mads plan with just Dormammu behind the scenes. It's akin to Loki and Thanos in Avengers.
No.
Not full on villain but it's clear he and Strange are at odds. Their relationship is actually the most compelling part of the whole film.

This is actually what I'm most excited for with this character. Strange and his strangeness is going to add a whole new dynamic to the Avengers if written correctly.

I have a feeling he's going to get along very well with Vison and Scarlet Witch.

Do they stay with the fractals the whole movie, or are there actual trippy dimension designs?

>I have a feeling he's going to get along very well with Vison and Scarlet Witch.
I've been calling love triangle with the 3 of them since Civil War.

It'd be nice to have someone around to play off of Wanda more. She kind of feels like the odd one out.

How long in the movie until he gets his cape and powers?

How quippy it was?
TWS or AoU tier?

>ama

Fuck off reddit

I just saw a commercial during the football game and it ended with a quip off between Mads and Cucumberman. It's AoU tier.

See this right here. If you're making this all up OP go fuck yourself. Because if you're lying like every other fake insider you're just perpetuating the "All marvel movies are the same" maymay. This movie seems like it's going to be very different than the other origin stories. This is the comment that actually made me think you were full of shit.

>This movie seems like it's going to be very different than the other origin stories
There is a line between "being" and "looking".

>Sorta. It's really all Mads plan with just Dormammu behind the scenes.

Except the director insinuated Dormammu will have a much more active role in the movie.

You fucked up OP.

>I just saw a commercial and can make an assessment about how often quips and bants appear in the film from what was probably selected as the most mass marketable joke moment.

If you're OP: Great counter-argument with examples as to how it's the same

If you're not:
>defending a fakeposter
wew

Yes, I can, considering we're a dozen movies deep into the MCU and all but 2 are quippy as shit. I expect nothing different from this one.

Fractals are what we mostly see. We do get a BRIEF glimpse at some trippy things towards the end though. I feel that sequence was ripped off from the end of Ant Man.
Powers are in Act 2. Cape is Act 3.
Uhm this is a hard one because I'm not bothered by quips and a "quip" is kinda hard to define. Are there funny one liners? Of course. I guess it's TWS-tier with slightly more quips.

> and all but 2 are quippy
Which ones are you referring to?
TIH wasn't quippy and CA:TFA was just campy.

Did he really say that? Didn't seem that way from what I saw.

> I guess it's TWS-tier with slightly more quips.
Would call you fake but i want to believe.

We're there any notable spells and incantations from the comics?

Rings of raggador?
Shield of seraphim?
Wind of watoomb?
Flames of the faltine?

That kind of shit?

Is Strange another wise cracking smart ass? In the trailers so far he seems to be refreshingly square.

He's rather sarcastic and often cracks jokes, but nobody finds him particularly amusing. It actually leads to a rather funny/sweet moment in the end.

Wong never laughs at his jokes and quite clearly doesn't respect him early on. In the end after Strange proves his worth and earns Wong's respect, he makes some offhanded sarcastic comment and Wong laughs for the first time.

>We do get a BRIEF glimpse at some trippy things towards the end though
Describe the scene.

Quips are if every scene needs a joke.
Do the villains constantly make jokes?
Does Strange constantly make jokes?
Do they constantly make jokes when interacting?

i saw it too, how'd you like the Spider-Man scene?

Heading to bed now. If this thread isn't archived in the morning then I will answer some more questions.

In case you wanna know: SUPER SPECIAL CAMEO SPOILER ALERT

They managed to squeeze Brie Larson in there for a brief scene as a young Lt.Danvers. Nothing big that distracts the audience but it was fun to get a taste of what MCU Carol will be like. I had the biggest grin on my face watching her.

Also before I go I need to say I am OP signing off now. This is not me.

Strange and Kaecilius fight in the Dark Dimension and we see the environment reshaping itself around them and hints of Dormammu as Kaecilius is consumed by the flames.

>Captain Marvel
Better not joking brah.
So, there is no RDJ cameo then?

Stop pretending to be me, douchebag.

He's full of shit. If there's any cameos, it's Spider-Man as a nod to Ditko.

desu, weren't there rumors about Peter appearing in one of the postcredit scenes?

If this is true then it's likley OP wasn't shown the post credits scene. I heard those are left out during test screenings. I'm still banking on these rumors being false since people complained about Iron Man 2 promoting the Thor in the post credits.

Stop pretending to be me, assfuck.