Man, this really fell apart in the last couple of episodes

Man, this really fell apart in the last couple of episodes.

I still liked it though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-m6UKS1L0YQ
youtube.com/watch?v=v0_IZt8ToAA
youtu.be/1p7oH8BhBJE
youtube.com/watch?v=Js-VgpvR1IE
youtube.com/watch?v=H_AQFnqMY3E
m.youtube.com/watch?v=OPcpNxCc-LU
youtu.be/pMpZgWtPT2I?t=1838
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Man, this really fell apart in the last couple of episodes.

I just thought his and Diamondbacks kinda sucked but other than that it was all gold.

>Man, this really fell apart in the last couple of episodes.

Marvel's Netflix shows summarized in a single sentence.

Seriously though, I feel like they're really struggling with the 13 episode format. It consistently seems like they're trying to tell a 10 episode story and then have to stretch things out to make it drag on long enough.

* fight

Ment to say their figh sucked.

>Black Mariah walked
I can't wait for Kingpin to push her shit in.

Eh, I thought it did a better job of it than DD or JJ when it came to keeping the tension high and having shit actually happen. I also liked that things didn't necessarily end with the final fight and things were left open ended.

niggas fighting over rings

niggas wanna be the kang

but long live the chief

Also Stranger Things, another netflix show

The finales of most of the Marvel netflix series have been pretty lackluster. Luke Cage in particular because they kind of set up Diamondback as a character in literally like two or three episodes.

Cottonmouth felt more like a character. Hell, I even liked Scarfe way more. I thought his death was particularly well done even though they admit in the middle of the series that he had no real motivation for being corrupt.

How so? I thought it was the first Marvel Netflix show to not falter at the end, and attributed it to killing Cottonmouth and changing villains for the second half. I thought that helped it to avoid spinning it's wheels like Jessica Jones. But my opinion may change with the second viewing.

Nah, he was set up from the beginning and appeared halfway through. He didn't need a whole flashback episode devoted to him. I liked that the way he was presented and how the conflict with him and Luke unfolded was very different than Killgrave and Fisk.

Scarfe was wasted potential. It felt like they were setting up some kind of post-mortem reveal for his character, some kind of reasoning behind his actions, but nothing ever came of it. Like, what was he actually DOING with all that money? He was so deep in Cottonmouth's pocket, but he was still just schlubbing it. I half expected to find out that he had been donating all the cash to charities related to gun safety or some other shit related to how his son died because of his negligence with a firearm.

How will the Defenders work if Luke Cage is incarcerated in Georgia?

Being set up doesn't mean he was a character. Diamondback felt paper thin and his whole bible thumping bad guy schtick was super cheesy until we found out his father was the pastor and even then it played out weak

It also didn't help that he was a significantly weaker actor than Cottonmouth

Matt will get him off the hook with the help of that folder of evidence from the barber shop.

The ending shows Bobby Fish finding his evidence folder

Bobby Fish has the evidence to exonerate him and he has a great lawyer.

Do we really need spoiler tags in a thread specifically talking about the last few episodes

Man, this really fell apart immediately after the first episode.

seriously tho, the first episode was fucking great and then it shat the bed

That's all subjective, user. I thought it did a good job in showing how crazy he was and if anything clearly set him apart from Cottonmouth. Cotton mouth actually had a heart and morals. Diamondback gave no fucks and was genuinely insane. As someone in another thread said Diamondback is who Cottonmouth was trying to be but couldn't. I thought both actors were good.

Yeah, but he still needs to go to prison for breaking out in the first place.

Unless he can prove that being forced to fight was cruel and unusual punishment, maybe,

Yikes.

I think the reason why Luke Cage succeeded where Jessica Jones failed is that most of Luke's supporting cast, including the antagonists, were either great or at least LIKABLE. Pretty much everyone in JJ was a shitty human being that I wanted to see fail, other than Luke and Trish.

This. The supporting cast in JJ was so insufferable. The villains and side characters in Luke's life were pretty cool and the way in which they were all connected made sense and elevated the drama of it all.

No one would really try to fight him on that since it would be unwinable plus put a lot of people in hot water.. Most likely the minute Matt mentions underground fights the state will roll over and let Luke go sighting his time served as good for his breakout.

>the main cast has to be likable in order for them to be good characters
this continues to be the most plebbiest thing ever said in the history of television

I hope in future Luke appearances hes having fun helping his community instead of the mopey "I want to be left alone" stuff. Which I get it, really, but I hope he progresses from that Keep in mind I finished ep 8 so correct me if that does happen

You misunderstand, though I probably could have worded it better. You can have a character that is flat out evil as shit, or mean or despicable or whatever, and still be likable. Likable in the sense that you're invested in them and want to see more of them on the screen instead of audibly groaning every time they show up.

And then you can have characters like Hogarth.

Some people still use the front page.

Insufferable is not "unlikeable" insufferable means you don't want them to be on the screen at all because they're shit fucking characters.

The Defenders will consist of Daredevil, Luke Cake, Jessica Jones, and Night Nurse, right? And the villains will be Kingpin teaming up with Cage's enemies?

would be funny if we got a flashback of Pops or someone watching youtube.com/watch?v=-m6UKS1L0YQ
from across the Hudson, wondering what the hell is all that racket.

By the end of it he basically actually has become Harlem's Captain America.

I'm just hoping they turn Pop's Barbershop into the Heroes For Hire headquarters.

Pops probably yelled at Hulk and Abomination to get off his dang roof.

The villains will probably wind up being The Hand, at least in some capacity.

Also Iron Fist will be involved, I guess.

>Defenders 2
>Team battles Kingpin, Mariah, Diamondback, Barracuda, Bullseye, etc.
>Defenders vs. Invaders

Turk Barry arriving in NY for the first time, he filmed the incident, and he gets a cut from that street vendor

Huh, I'm actually surprised that there was absolutely no reference whatsoever to the Duel of Harlem. It was just "The Incident/Battle for New York". Then again, the MCU seems to be in this weird place where the Hulk movie is TECHNICALLY canon, but they go out of their way to avoid referencing it at all even when it would make sense for them to do so.

So the government really managed to snag all that Chitauri hover and laser tech? Surprised there wasn't at least one blaster in the hands of one of these gangs. Granted they wouldn't be able to use it without setting off some alarms.

Speaking of him, was he supposed to be Mr. Fish, only not actually a villain?

I think Mistys actress said she was gonna be in that too

Video selling kid proabibly did

>Daaaaaayumm nigga, lookid dat sheeeit! Issat a.... issat a muhfukin' dragon ass nigga? Nigga das a chinese dragon mufugga!

>Cheeeit boi, lookit in the sky, dog! S' like the endin; of Half-Life 2!

She's gotta get her arm ripped off and replaced with bionics at some point.

>And the villains will be Kingpin teaming up with Cage's enemies?

It's obviously going to be the Black Sky and the Hand that they had to forcefully shove exposition and out of nowhere stuff into the latter half of DDS2 in order to use as setup.

Disposable ninjas, end of the world threat, whole nine years. Classic Marvel, taking the first part 2 to use to setup the big teamup and making the product fucking suck as a result.

She'll kill the first witness she freaks out on afterwards.

Well HYDRA got some, SHIELD, and even that Bonnie and Clyde couple fixed a gun and went on a spree during that one shot. Problem is, by the time any gang realized what they could gain cleanup was well underway and quarantine. Not only that, but I doubt any average joe could get it to work

Did we ever find out what the fuck a Black Sky is exactly?

I thought the last episode was prettyt great. The fight with Diamondback reminded me a lot of Friday's ending, I loved it. Surprised no body said Diamond just got knocked the fuck out, especially after that "By, Felicia" joke earlier.A lot of it was obviously just setting everyone up for Iron Fist and the Defenders though and I can see why that would be disappointing.

Elektra

I loved the final fight, it was just a super powered street fight, it was nothing over the top or extravagant, it was just a down to earth street fight, and it was great

Yeah I got that, but that still doesnt explain shit

I cracked up a bit when they panned out and had that street view of Diamondback struggling with Luke in the barbershop.

Can we all agree Misty was a fucking idiot?

She did really fuck up a lot. Which is a shame, because I actually did like her performance, and the visualization scenes were fun. Basically, whenever she wasn't holding the idiot ball for plot reasons, I enjoyed her presence.

I think it'll be the people behind the genetic experiments on Reva's USB.

>but they go out of their way to avoid referencing it at all
Banner directly references it in Avengers 1

Ha, DD hasn't got an ass.

One of the newspapers in Ben's office in Daredevil was about it.

Diamondback's costume was hilarious, but I made peace with it once I realised it was supposed to look like the boxing outfits from the flashbacks. I could admire the attempt at pottery even if the helmet looked like shit.

> and the visualisation scenes were fun

Does Misty have Hannibal Will Graham visualisation powers in the comics?

Her being so distrustful of Luke for so much of the show was poorly done, but I actually liked how aggressive she was. Normally female cops don't get to be that kind of extroverted angry detective in fiction.

Wonder what happened to all of these. Are there any still flying around, chasing flocks of geese?

I kind of got the impression that Misty had a bit of a chip on her shoulder, and that's why she was so forward and aggressive most of the time. The biggest hint of it, I think, was how she got kind of defensive on the counselor when he brought up "getting emotional", taking it as a coded jab against her being a female cop.

Aren't the bullets Diamondback was selling made with metal recovered from the invasion?

Yeah, they went over the top with the Jive and cheese. I thought they tread that line between serious and cheesy pretty well in the beginning, but pretty much just said fuck it when diamondback showed up.

Do you think Cage could take a Chitauri blaster hit?
Theyre all dead user, and theyre corpses were probably cut to pieces by the cleanup crew and sold by Hannibal Chau

Yeah there's always definitely a lul towards the end. Weird. It's only the Marvel shows though. Not so much their other stuff.

yeah

presumably Hammer stuck a Chitauri-based power cell in Diamondbacks suit. All the other tech was probably far too valuable or being used in reverse engineering projects.

Maybe? I kind of feel like energy weapons might actually not be all that effective on him, unless it was a really tightly focused laser.

One survived, wriggled out of it's armor, flew to Louisiana and was nursed back to health by a little orphan boy, they then go on adventures.

COMING THIS SUMMER FROM WALT DISNEY STUDIOS

Sounds like the MCU version of Sentinel.

Hard to say considering the hammer bullets were made from Chitauri tech. But then again those came from the alien metal, and they dont function the same as the blasters

That tends to happen in these superhero flicks. They start off all serious and real... then the villain says fuck it and goes full comic book.

It's a superweapon with undefined powers as of yet, it's going to be like the Infinity Stone and suddenly have a whole lotta powers the plot needs for the teamup.

That's what I was thinking. He seems to shrug off explosives pretty well, so maybe unfocused energy weapons would just kind of disperse over his skin instead of penetrating?

>Do you think Cage could take a Chitauri blaster hit?

Captain America did and he's not bulletproof, so yeah.

Same thing happened with the Daredevil/Kingpin fight.

This, the bullets shove their way through his skin. Presumably, the laser would just burn and disperse, like with Hulk.

Why the fuck is she shoehorned in every show!?

She's the connective tissue for the Defenders.

That song was fucking awesome.

She's supposed to be the link that eventually connects them all together. They've said this when she was first cast and they described her character.

More like DD, Luke, JJ, Iron Fist, and Punisher with help from Misty, Colleen, Trish, and Foggy. Claire is probably kill and that will rally everyone together.

She's effectively the MCU's Night Nurse.

Nah, they wouldn't pull that shit again.

Also she is actually a Luke Cage love interest

Really hoping when they do Punisher they're smart enough not to try a season arc and just do little 2-3 episode stories instead.

That would be a nice way to shake things up a bit. Just have a whole bunch of arcs with Punisher going from city to city wiping out criminals. I guess they'd probably still have some kind of overarching antagonist involved (please be Barracuda), but I think the important thing would not to have Frank get bogged down in just one place for the whole season.

>Cottonmouth is gettin' all pissy with Cage
>Cage is huggin' it out with Genghis Connie
>Cottonmouth watchin' from the rooftop
>"Oh no!" says I, "He's going to try to shoot Cage and hit the old Chinese woman instead!"
>no, he pulls out a fucking rocket launcher

Cottonmouth does not fuck around.

>Mfw remembering that Michael Clarke Duncan is dead and will never play a live action Barracuda.

At least we'll always have Kingpin.

I haven't seen this show and I dislike it. I play Marvel Heroes and to promote the show they unlocked Luke Cage for everyone, and he's SO BORING TO PLAY.

>Ep 12 Frank Castle namedrop, about him shooting up downtown

I nearly spat my Frank all over my Frank.

So why did they turn kindly Jewish doctor who just wants advance medical science into slimy Jewish doctor who wants to make immortal super soldiers?

If anyone is kill, it should be Karen.

>in the last couple of episodes.
If by last couple of episodes you mean the entire second half, the yes.

>but I actually liked how aggressive she was.
I didn't. She'd fuck up her investigation, have no real evidence or clues, and then she'd accost the criminal they're trying to pin something on. Other cops would be watching her stupid ass as she has a tantrum, this would get her in trouble continuing her spiral into continuous failure.

She did nothing useful except help Night Nurse handcuff Shades, that's all she fucking did in the entire season. She's supposed to be a genius detective but she did nothing except give the criminals happy legal leverage when she attacked them unlawfully.

WORTHLESS BITCH

They should have Barracuda appear early on in the series, have Frank think he killed him and then, surprise, motherfucker, 'Cuda is back just before Frank fights the final boss.

>>no, he pulls out a fucking rocket launcher

>Luke Cage somehow blocks an entire fucking Rocket from hurting a frail old woman

He apparently has to, since when Luke Cage hugs them they apparently get fucking forcefields!

Also, the show got really damn annoying about having thugs point out "He's bulletproof, this won't work" then immediately go to someone else trying to shoot him or that one dumbass who tried to KICK HIM.

Really stretching it to fill the action quota when it's pretty bad action.

Why not advance medical science AND make immortal super soldiers?

>Jew
>being able to turn down money

Not even in fiction.

actually this though

he deluded himself into thinking he wasn't a monster, he just wants to advance science and he thinks luke and claire are plebs who don't understand how important the project is

I thought it didn't come together until the last few episodes, before immediately falling apart again.

I'm not saying it's unbelievable, it's just kind of sad that they turned one of Luke's only friends into an adversary.

I'm not sure if Luke would have ever classified that guy as a "friend".

The important part is that started the discussion about minorities and police brutality.

I kept waiting for them to get creative. Poison gas, fire, electricity. But the dumb niggas just keep shooting.

He means in the comics.

He still could see the error of his ways in season 2.

user, pls it's clearly being set up for her to be the Coulon. She basically is street-level Coulson already.

Karen is going to be personally killed by Fisk when he finds out she killed Wesley.

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't bring up exactly that. They literally had someone point out they could do that but never did, just like they kept pointing out that bullets don't work but then kept trying them.

Pretty bad starting point.

>Yeah, it turns out, that's mostly just politicians spinning it against them, or corrupt cops working for those corrupt politicians, most of them black too!

I'm glad that they took a pretty even-handed approach to that whole thing rather than going overboard with it. They didn't really skirt over the fact that blacks were fucking over other blacks or that the cops had a tendency to be needlessly confrontational, while at the same time showing that a lot of blacks were trying to help their own community and a fair number of cops were just good guys who wanted to protect and serve (god I hated that Diamondback killed that one old white cop, from the few seconds we saw of him he came across as a really nice guy).

They should try hitting him with a big metal mace that sprays people in the face with mace when it hits them

Yeah, when Black Mariah brought up the drowning/poisoning thing I thought for sure there was going to be some kind of followup on that, but the whole thing just began and ended with magical alien drill-bullets.

Granted, contriving a situation where Luke could potentially drown would be pretty difficult. The guy can apparently swim for miles without getting tired, and good luck forcing his head underwater. Poison would definitely be the way to go, though it'd probably have to be a lot of it if his healing factor also makes him more resilient to toxins.

Luke went pure asshole when he broke all that shit and said "You're not putting anyone else through this!"

Bitch he doesn't have to to! Thanks to you coming back and him figuring it out, he can do it safely and to a whole lot of other people now, they don't have to use prisoner convicts again! Or at least they didn't, but now that he knows it works guess what he has to do to find the formula for super strong bulletporof people all over again?

He could have actually saved the world and advanced medical research by centuries, but nope! Thanks, Luke Cage! You're now worse for the world then Jessica Jones was, you pulled it off!

How would you all rank the netflix shows so far. for me, it's:

The Punisher half of DD S2 > DD S1 > Luke Cage > The Elektra half of DD S2 > Jessica Jones

>Diamondback killed that one old white cop, from the few seconds we saw of him he came across as a really nice guy)

He apparently was, and was good enough friends with that one black interrogator that the guy lost his shit over it. He literally had a black friend who was so distraught he died he beat a kid blue to find the guy who did it.

but then we get to see the doctor looking after Diamondback, precisely the kind of thing Luke was afraid of: power hungry killers gaining superpowers

Honestly, would you really trust any government body in the Marvel universe to utilize that research ethically and not let it fall into the wrong hands?

To be fair, the project is pretty important. They just have to go through TOTALY EVIL COMIC BOOK SCIENCE to get results.

>yfw Episode 1 of the Punisher series opens with Black Maria getting unceremoniously Frank'd out the same window in Harlem's Paradise

The Punisher half of DD S2 = DD S1 > Luke Cage > The Purple Man's scenes in Jessica Jones > The Elektra half of DD S2 >>>>>>> Everything else to do with Jessica Jones

>Wrong hands
What, you mean the badguys also get to be bulletproof, superstrong, and have a regenerating heal factor in addition to all the normal people who now get to use it and would probably outnumber them 100-1?

The horror.

No, I mean do you really expect the governments of the world to just let all civilians become bulletproof and super strong instead of parceling it out to their militaries and any other fuckers rich enough to pay for immortality? By "wrong hands", I'm not just talking about villains.

>yfw episode 2 of the punisher series has the obligatory Turk cameo
>it's the last cameo Turk ever has

I'd hate Frank forever if he killed my nigga Turk.

man, why wasn't Luke wearing a yellow/orange t-shirt for the final battle?
you got the villain all decked to shit going as comic as they can and you won't even put the hero in his bright iconic shirt, especially for a night fight?
show was okay/10, anyone got more nitpicks, let's comb through this bitch

Same.

Not before he takes a joyride in the Stilt-Man suit.

Can we all agree that Shades is best guy?

Maybe by The Defenders he'll be so tired of having to constantly buy new shirts/hoodies that he just buys a few dozen packs of cheap T-shirts so he doesn't have to mess with that shit anymore. And for some reason the only color in stock at the time is yellow.

I'm surprised that he wasn't killed off. I'm also surprised that he didn't do more.

I think that bringing it in near the end would have had to be a big ass pull. Noone in harlem would have the skills to make him a bullet proof shirt.

The end pointed to whats going to happen. Matt is going to meet him, help him get out and team up with him. Notice the issue of the clothing and introduce him to Gladiator to make him something simple.

I could be mistaken, but last time we saw gladiator in DDs2, He had a big ass roll of LukeCage yellow cloth sitting around. :V

Its funnier if he survives The Frankening.

I liked jessica. Sure with bumps along the way it was a bit messy, but FAR better then the DD s2 electra part.

I love the emotional rollercoaster.

I loved the show except for one part. When she moved in with Purple Man just so he wont go around killing people anymore. Living with a serial rapist/killer should have been dark and tense as fuck but it came off like a daughter being bratty towards her step father. It just felt so off.

>Decides New York isn't safe anymore.
>Fucks off to Chicago.
>Gets Nighthawked.

Yep, i thought that too. I mean we understand she NOW sees why he is like he is, but not that fast.

A COP loses her goddamn PHONE and you mean to tell me that she didn't think for a second to use her own fucking tracking chip that was ALREADY ESTABLISHED AS BEING THERE to know where it went OR call her phone company to turn it off because it was lost/stolen?

Is Misty fucking retarded?
Don't answer that, it was rhetorical.

She was kinda distracted by the Harlem Community Improv Theatre's production of Civil War.

FUCKING KEK

spilled my drink over my lap

Even then, don't phones nowadays, let alone cop phones, have all kind of fancy user protection so some random shmo off the streets can't simply open it and use it as they damn please without some heavy hacking equipment? When did Shades find the time to hack it open? Or did Misty not put a password up?

Couple things about Misty that solidify that shes a retard.
>Bloody dishwasher glove conveniently left in Pops trash can, even though Luke hasnt worked at the club for god knows how long.
>Fisk scandal happens, reminding everyone that the possibility of police corruption is tangible yet shes keeps spouting the "the system works" over and over.
>Was ready to listen to Cage, but in one short phone call she immediately wants to arrest him despite his motive doesnt connect with the murder. Not to mention ignoring the bullet wound, which would be a red alarm that SOMETHING else is going down
In short, yes, Misty is a terrible cop

She's Netflix MCU's Coulson

Just finished episode 6. Those last 12 minutes are pure fucking gold. I'm almost worried because this just about wraps shit up for an arc.

I didn't care for this series much at first, but I'm really coming around. Now I'ma leave before I catch any more spoilers.

Out of all the songs played in the club, that's the only one that really stuck with me.

>>Bloody dishwasher glove conveniently left in Pops trash can, even though Luke hasnt worked at the club for god knows how long.
The whole of the show happens over about a week, right? Kind of plausible for some old gloves of Luke's to still be kicking around.

>Fisk scandal happens, reminding everyone that the possibility of police corruption is tangible yet shes keeps spouting the "the system works" over and over.
That was in Hell's Kitchen, and she's been working as a cop for ten years, so about two years before Iron Man happened. No reason to think half her entire department was involved in near-supervillainy.

>Luke gets a bulletproof shirt from Gladiator
>specifically chooses yellow because it's a bright color that will draw gunfire to him, instead of his non-bulletproof friends

>Not Turk.

>Poison gas, fire, electricity. But the dumb niggas just keep shooting

All that cool dialogue about ''does he drown? Can you set him on fire?'' and they never went there

It was a new phone she got to replace the one that was busted in the club. Probably didn't have time to set it up with all the shit that was going down.

>one-dimensional villain who quotes bible
>tons of pointless, cliched and poorly written dialogue
>netflix format meaning that writers don't have to compress all this garbage to 42-44" runtime
Why do people like capeshit again?

Also
>tfw i got paid to translate a few episodes of this

You mean Claire is "kill", and then unceremoniously dumped onto ABC.

I like Daredevil as a whole more than Luke Cage, but I liked Luke Cage more than either individual season of Daredevil, if that makes sense?

Matt is easily the most interesting protagonist of the three, the general arc between the seasons is my favorite, and it just has the most stand out individual stuff that I love.

That being said, Luke Cage is definitely the least flawed out of all four seasons, the most well directed, and all around really solid. But it doesn't have anything as good as Punisher or hell, Purple Man from the otherwise weak Jessica Jones. It doesn't have any single episode as strong as Cutman from Daredevil. Luke's a better protagonist than Jessica, but not as interesting as Matt. The villains are mostly really well characterized and likable aside from Diamondback, but just weren't as strong as Fisk or Killgrave on the whole.

That's not to say Luke Cage didn't have flaws. While I like most of the villains, they were also pretty staggeringly incompetent outside of Shades, and arguably Mariah. Diamondback particularly was fucking lame as hell, and the weakest part of the show by far. The plot also started to make less and less sense as it went along. Diamondback in general was really contrived, it became less and less believable that Luke was just walking around, not in jail. Towards the end, I really started questioning why Claire didn't call up Matt, he surely would have been a tone of help, what the hell was he even doing during all of this?

In general it was like the opposite of Jessica Jones. Well directed, likable cast, main antagonist is the one gaping flaw in the series.

You got Cottonmouth for half the show, and Diamondback for the people who like pulpy villains. I liked both.

Maybe the people running the underground fights are the villains for the defenders. Turns out they're the people who gave JJ and LC powers and maybe DD if they're the ones producing the toxic crap that blinded him. They all share an interest in finding out who the shady people behind this all are.

Also Iron fist is there.

Maybe Iron Fist fights the ninja clan people in the huge hole the DD season 2 and that's how they all manage to know each other.

It was a little slow and tedious in the character development

>Turk catches wind of some bad shit going down
>whoever it is knows he knows, they're out for him
>with the police not equipped to handle it, he turns to the only people he can think of
>"I know we've had our differences, but this shit's big, and I'm gonna need some Marvel's Defendersâ„¢!"

What chu talkin bout Willis?

That shit was tight.

>Is Misty fucking retarded?
Kind of, yeah.

>Bye Carl
>BYE FELICIA

Yeah, as much as I liked "Black Dio" for how campy he was, the story really slowed down once he showed up

Why was he so based?

Based on his general look and shit we saw before actually watching, I didn't think I'd like him, but god damn, he was great. It helps being the only intelligent and competent villain in the show. I'm glad he got off clean in the end too. He fuckin deserved it.

I want to die....

Really not sure why everyone liked Luke Cage, I thought it was worse than pretty much everything else Marvel has put out on TV so far. Including Shield.

>cottonmouth says he needs to stop luke
>luke says he needs to stop cottonmouth
>luke does something that annoys cottonmouth
>cottonmouth does something that annoys luke
>luke stands in cottonmouths face and does nothing, moping
>misty runs around a police station learning what we already know about the character
>repeat for 7 episodes
>cottonmouth, the only good character, gets shown his cool backstory with a far more interesting setting, dies
>diamondback comes in
>wow what a cool character, really digging him
>here's an entire episode of luke getting a bullet removed
>here's an entire episode of luke acting as a human shield
>oh shiit it's diamondback in his suit this should be good
>worse choreography and editing than fucking jessica jones
>cut back to misty learning what we already know what will happen for another half hour
>luke turns himself in
>shades and the other lady now do their thing with absolutely no repercussions whatsoever

I think I'm more salty with how bad every action scene looked than the snails pace story and how wasted Cottonmouth was on this show

>She'll kill the first witness she freaks out on afterwards.
I seriously wonder if she could stay being a cop much longer. I genuinely think maybe this version of Misty should stay behind a desk instead of going on the field, because she has some damn issues and I am not sure she is cut to be a cop, nevermind a vigilante. If she gets a bionic arm then yes, I suspect it wouldn't take long for her to accidentally kill someone she didn't mean to. She has anger issues.

>that spoiler
I don't think you understand how law and order works.

wait, who was Romeo

Okay in all seriousness, that nigga Turk needs his own series at this point.

>Turk is making a deal with some big time gangsters
>Frank shows up and mows down everyone in the room and then leaves
>Turk pushes a dead body off of himself and stands up, the only survivor

>presumably Hammer stuck a Chitauri-based power cell in Diamondbacks suit
Hammertech did have the Whiplash version of arc reactor for a while. Even if they can't replicate any more of it they could get some ideas.

It is my interpretation that the Diamondback suit isn't an Arc Reactor but some kind of kinetic energy capacitor, in that the suit is powered by the shocks that it absorbs. Which is why when Cage refused to fight back the suit ran out of power after a while.

When's he getting an ongoing in 616

I don't get it.

No idea but I figure it was Shade's old partner before he ended up in prison. Since Shade's still kicking I figure we'll get some backstory for him next season.

Wow that was embarrassing to read.

Jesus christ

Holy shit this would have been so good.

I liked Nuke before he went full Nuke.

He was actually a pretty great character until like the last 4 episodes.

I think that is another nickname for cottonmouth

>the very first scene is the dumpster getting forced open

If he doesn't have the face tattoo the next timr he shows up, I'm going to riot.

>Making fun of video selling kid arguably the third best character on this show

One of the thugs calls her Night nurse

I mean, yes she is basically Night Nurse but that doesn't mean they wont kill her off.

>the moment a MCU production gets comicbook-y with ninjas, power armor, and the like Cred Forums starts to despise it

Typical.

>when this shit came on
youtube.com/watch?v=v0_IZt8ToAA

The show as a whole was fairly low quality, but when it got the music right, it really got the music right.

Was I the only one expecting the cops to shoot Diamondback with the Judas bullets at the end? Seemed like it was really set up, I was shocked he came out alive.

The power suit in the last couple of episodes looked a little lame. It'd have been nice if they were able to spring for something that looked armoured instead of a fabric suit.

But i had feeling it was a homage to some classic outfit stryker had in the comics?

Yes

>Was ready to listen to Cage, but in one short phone call she immediately wants to arrest him despite his motive doesnt connect with the murder. Not to mention ignoring the bullet wound, which would be a red alarm that SOMETHING else is going down

That confused the hell out of me. She even said "That's an alibi" and then 10 seconds later decides to arrest him anyway. I never knew what the hell anyone in Luke Cage was trying to do, everyone seemed to say one plan and then just drop that and do something else like they had a bad case of ADD

It's pretty much just his classic outfit plus a helmet.

Man, the police..chief? still really fucking bugs me.
"Its your fault for not trusting the system"
The same one that literally had, not a week ago, two really high ranking officers actively murdering people for the biggest crime boss in the city, and she was partnered with both?

And then went on a manhunt to straight up gun down an innocent man?

And had police officers pulling people off the streets and had one officer beat a kid fucking senseless for literally just knowing Luke Cage?

Seriously, this bitches department was in a worse state then Cottonmouths face after Mariah took over.

The show had about 4 main villains all acting at the same time.
God forbid one not be as fully fleshed out as the others.

Who was the lady in the audience at the end?

Misty.

Just finished episode 10 and this is the most retarded thing on TV I've seen in a while.
>Black Mariah is making a speech about fuck Luke Cage, fuck the police but we need to arm the police even more.
That makes no fucking sense. Yes people are pissed at Luke Cage but they're equally pissed off at Police for being incompetent and abusing their power. Why the fuck are they cheering over "we need to arm the men in blue."
>Stryker is conveniently at the club so Misty can conveniently spot him.
Why the fuck is he there? He's not a fucking retard that would jeopardize the whole thing by poking out of the window. Stryker who knows everyone is going to come here, good chance Misty does too. He should not be there.
>Luke who just discovered everyone is going apeshit about him (even though he already knew he was a suspect) decided to step into one place he's likely to get spotted.
This is fucking retarded, why would you go there? If all you need to do is find out if Stryker is there you can stake the whole place out. You won't fucking go in there when everyone in town is looking for you and half the Harlem is standing there. And why is Misty such a fucking retard? When she knows what kind of a guy Stryker is, can she not at least call backup or go investigate with a partner or a junior or something. This is the same kind of retarded writing that plagued Jessica and DD season 2 but it's fucking worse here.

my gf hates this show now because Luke isn't faithful to Jessica

Shades is Wesley if he wasn't a stupid bitch. Cottonmouth and Diamondback were obsessed with Cage while Shades is all business.

At one point I started to wonder if he was the goddamn devil what with the shades and his constant deals/saving someone's ass.

I actually sort of miss Cottonmouth. He wasn't a threatening villain, but he was a pretty compelling character. Shame he got killed because Maria lost control of her mammaries. He deserved to be on for the rest of the show.

why can't they like call the cops

I laughed. I ain't even gonna lie.

I loved it when Mariah lost her shit and started running her mouth like a ratchet ass hood bitch. "Trick".

>That makes no fucking sense. Yes people are pissed at Luke Cage but they're equally pissed off at Police for being incompetent and abusing their power. Why the fuck are they cheering over "we need to arm the men in blue."
Because the reason the police are acting that way, in their minds, is because their also scared of Luke Cage and people like him.

And those guns are specifically made for super humans, so its not like its a problem for them.

>He's not a fucking retard that would jeopardize the whole thing by poking out of the window.
Stryker was not a smart person, he pretty much just got by on being crazy and intimidating.

Cottonmouth was based. Watching Mariah go full gangster was cool, don't get me wrong, but Cottonmouth was so compelling. His backstory was interesting, the actors performance was phenomenal, and he seemed capable of being the Lex to Luke's Superman.

Plus he likes Biggie. That's a big up.

He had charisma, and his motivations came from an understandable place.

>self defense course
>colleen wing

I am so fucking hyped for Iron Fist.

>Black Lex
Huh. That would be pretty fucking good.

Eh. Maria came off as bitchy and slimy. Of course, that's the fault of just about any politician, and not just the ones we know are villains. I didn't like Mariah. I at least felt some kind of pity for Cottonmouth, but not her.

>TFW the first Punisher episode has Frank shoving a grenade up Shade's ass and then bludgeoning Mariah to death with a mike stand, just like Cottonmouth.

She was starting to fray at the end over the shortcomings of the law and how people like Luke are doing good.

>Because the reason the police are acting that way, in their minds, is because their also scared of Luke Cage and people like him.
This is absolutely not what a black and latino dominated community would think, though. it's absurd.

You know what else isn't real? Superpowers.

Hurr durr.

That would be awful, and I'm getting more and more tired of Frank-fags.

Shades was the best character in the show.

Although, he did get fucking beat down by two women, one of whom had a gimped arm. Kinda loses a few points on that one for me.

>Because the reason the police are acting that way, in their minds, is because their also scared of Luke Cage and people like him.
>And those guns are specifically made for super humans, so its not like its a problem for them.
That speech does not make that point clearly enough. I know the point of the speech is to plant the seeds that police and law enforcement need to buy special weapons for people with special powers but exception is fucking terrible.
>Stryker was not a smart person, he pretty much just got by on being crazy and intimidating.
You don't become the best Don and run everything without having some brains. These are just plot conveniences created by lazy and garbage writing.

>exception
*Execution

As a Frank-fag I apologize for that guy.

I have a feeling all of the series will dovetail together. I mean I know they're doing The Defenders, but we keep seeing people trying to build super soldiers.

Yeah, that broke it for me too.

STFU up fucking apologist. I did not ask for you to represent me so sit your ass back down. Goddamn nigga

I'm confused. The reason Cotton mouth wanted to keep the club was because he liked being close to music since his career in that field was stolen from him by his bitchy aunt. Why the fuck didn't Mariah sell that place after she'd been so adamant about it before?

What's funny is the entire writing team was black.

To mock his memory.

It'll become a family restaurant come Season 2 or Defenders, mark my words.

Her career was ruined and the place was their family's legacy. She didn't need a big infusion of cash anymore, but she needs steady income that can help launder money.

They stopped thinking like a nigger when they realized it's episode 10 and plot needs to fucking move.

She's also a bit sentimental. I do think she is a bit conflicted about busting open Cottonmouth's head.

Although not a major gripe, the fact that Harlem Paradise was shot up like, three times with people dead every time, yet still loads of customers and performers.
I mean, I guess it would make sense if all the patrons were crime people too but..

He is the Littlefinger of the show.

Any lawyer worth their salt could argue a self defense angle. With the folder it'd be easy to craft an excuse that Luke had a reasonable fear for his life if he stayed.

Isn't not being dead Jigsaw's whole deal?

>Trusting the shadowy corporation

Was anyone else wondering how tasers didn't come up at all? I was sure if fucking Purple Man's men could figure out how to stop Luke, then surely somebody in this show could do it as well without magic bullets.

How is a taser's barbs supposed to stick to Luke?

With 90% more "yo mama" jokes, can you blame her?

I haven't watched JJ in awhile but I could have sworn PM's protection squad used them on Luke in a fight scene when they tried to kidnap him. Or something to stop him.

Either way I second the opinion of more fun attempts to stop him like a flame thrower.

Shade is the fucking Man. Only character I cared about after Cottonmouth was kill.

He's goddamn pitbull
DALE

>implying JJ isnt' the best Netflix Marvel series yet.

Luke in jail but not for long
Misty's tits still big and out for revenge
Claire's coffee
Mariah the Queen
Fish gonna free Luke after he can win against himself at chess
Turk in the dumpster
jew doctor is gonna give Diamondback powers

Shades played everyone.

only thing I'm dissapointed at was Misty not winning the Cagebowl

Misty will get Iron Fisted instead.

>Either way I second the opinion of more fun attempts to stop him like a flame thrower.
I agree that magic bullets are boring. It is probably the least imaginative option, and probably used because it is the cheapest special effect they can afford. As in, no CGI needed.

>Fish gonna free Luke after he can win against himself at chess
>Implying that it wont be Matt who frees him at the start of the Defenders

It'll be Matt using the evidence Fish found.

>helping criminals so you can pay charities to prevent gun crimes
No, it would've been retarded.

You forgot the black spectators
>punch
>luke flies
>OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH
>get dat nigga down! You gonna let im disrespect you like dat?

youtu.be/1p7oH8BhBJE
BRING THE MOTHAFUCKIN RUCKUS

Who /liked Luke Cage more than DD S1/ here?

I enjoyed both, obviously, but not only did I feel that Daredevil was kinda over-dramatic in a lot of ways, but I also felt like the entire cast existed just to make Matt look cooler. Everybody relied on him, everybody wanted to fuck him, and everybody's stories couldn't move forward without him.

Conversely, Luke Cage, despite its main character being bulletproof and super strong, felt more down to earth. Even though Luke was at the center of pretty much everything going on in Harlem, the plot and characters moved smoothly without him.

This isn't even taking into account the soundtrack, or the interesting themes about black community and its internal and external problems vs. the smörgåsbord of cliche superhero dilemmas that was Daredevil.

Daredevil definitely had infinitely superior action scenes though.

Is there a chronology to this?

A lot of thing in luke cage didn't make sense. They allude to other people or events that are never shown in the series.

Like who is jessica? What is the incident?

What's the order?

youtube.com/watch?v=Js-VgpvR1IE

Close to being my favorite scene desu.

Only time he felt like Comic Luke, imo

It was after Daredevil Season 2. Claire left Hell's Kitchen after being let go from the hospital that covered up the ninja attack. It also alludes the stuff in Jessica Jones like the shotgun blast to the head

for me its

Daredevil S1 > Luke Cage => Daredevil S2

I don't really get why people knock season 2. Haven't watched Jessica Jones yet.

Ehh, Diamondback was wacky, Cage being a bitch cause some alien shrapnel was a shame, the Black Mariah/Shades dynamic was weird..

But it was fun and I still watched everything in two days

>Misty's arm gets shot to hell and back
>an entire episode about it
>it heals and doesn't need to be replaced with a robotic arm

>>Misty's arm gets shot to hell and back
>>an entire episode about it
>>it heals and doesn't need to be replaced with a robotic arm
If she ever does, it probably involve her quitting her badge. I don't see her staying a cop while having a bionic arm, and she is on the edge of being fired as it is.

Tommy Lister

>Luke can no longer ask anyone out for coffee without them assuming he's just asking for sex

He should just ask if they've got some cream for his coffee. That way it's charming.

>Cage meets Steven Rogers

>"Mind if we discuss this over coffee?"

>Luke hides the faintest of smirks

I feel like Diamondback was completely unnecessary. After Cottonmouth died it should have been all about Black Mariah. Diamondback just weighed the show down and his costume at the end was CW tier shit.

Shit yeah, I'd forgotten about him. He was really good until he just started murdering people and not cooperating with Jessica and friends for literally no reason other than to be a bad guy.

>when this shit start playing
youtube.com/watch?v=H_AQFnqMY3E

>in Defenders Shades becomes Kingpin's new Wesley
fund it fund it fund it

>type Luke Cage into Youtube's search bar
>first suggestion is Long Live The Chief

>Chief ignores everything she says the entire season
>"Get why didn't you work with us you should trust the system"
I hope either she quits or the chief steps the fuck down

>I feel like Diamondback was completely unnecessary.
Luke needed an enemy on his level that he could punch to save the day. In the end, that's what all superheroes are about. That's what was fundamentally missing from Jessica Jones, and why the finale for that show felt so underwhelming.

>when the music kicks in

>Long Live The Chief
Great song.

The only thing worth watching again from that show is when nuke eating trish's pussy.

>I have never heard black people speak

Thanks for playing my man

It seems with every Netflix Marvel show, they slip in exactly one F-word and it's always hard to hear without subtitles. I'm actually surprised they were allowed to say nigga so many times.

Something I didn't get: how much older was Mariah than Cornell? In the flashbacks they looked pretty close in age but Mariah talked about raising Cornell and changing his diapers and all that.

You're right that's not how black people speak. That's how niggers speak.

Nigga/Nigger isn't anywhere near as bad mr trips. They don't bleep it on network TV.

Yeah, felt weird to me to. I get that she was in college and he was in high school, but that's still like, a 4 year difference? I'd believe 6 years at the absolute maximum.

It's always black people saying it to black people so it's technically kosher.

That's not true.

the problem with that, is that if one of those two to three episode stories sucks, the audience might give up for the rest of the episodes
people already do that in the middle of ten episode story arc

I grin everytime like a damn idiot when the protagonist beats his shit in.

I know how she feels. It bothers me that he slept about. It also bothers me that he didn't drop the wonky-eyed nurse and go back to Jessica the moment he realized that Reva was a piece of shit and that Jessica can't be blamed for killing her.

Everytime i saw Shades i was thinking about him.

LUKE HE TALKIN BOUT YOUR MOMS?

I didn't have that issue with stranger things. The 8 episode format really made things tighter and have better pacing.

That shit had me cracking up.

I liked it more than DD, it was a lot more fun I felt, and not as depressing as DD.

>Nigga, I AM your brother

Was anyone else surprised to find out he meant that literally? I thought it was a metaphorical thing at first.

Considering he said he was a preacher's son like 10 minutes beforehand in the exact same way that Luke said he was a preacher's son, no, it wasn't a surprise.

Not at all. I knew it was coming since he mentioned his father was a preacher when Luke had the exact same line earlier.

My stupid fucking friend watching it with me just turned and said "What did he mean by this?"
Fucking died.

You jive ass honky

Isn't Luke more powerful than Captain America?
Cap has some ambiguous super-soldier powers, while Luke has a healing factor and is bulletproof.

I'm only 5 eps in and I haven't got into it at all, yet.
I was kinda hoping it gets better, please don't tell me it doesn't.

I had no idea that I'm so physically attracted to black women until I saw this show.

Seriously, I masturbated like 5 or 6 times while I watched this. Every single woman in the show was hot as fuck, from Claire to Black Marriah and especially Misty Knight (that sideboob in the first episode? hnnng)

I can't stop thinking about how much I want to have a black girlfriend

Luke is physically stronger and more resistant than Cap but Cap is much more versatile and intelligent.

That's a racial characteristic though, not a superpower

Not cool, user. Not cool.

>implying he's not going to fight the Defenders

Cap also has a healing factor but it's not clear how each compare.

Luke's advantage is his shield is his entire body where Cap only has the one piece of metal.

Last night I had a dream that I transformed into a black woman and I wonder if it was a result of marathoning this show.

Whats kind of funny is that Luke's cells act a lot like Vibranium. He absorbs energy rather than being a walking brick. The only difference is that hes somewhat elastic

He heals faster.

My overall winner is slutty hot mom.
Slutty hot mom was hot. And slutty.

Dude I'm a giant homosexual that is not attracted to women or black people and I legit thought Misty was sexy. Some people are just hot

That still kinda fucks with me. It feels so random.
Isn't Claire all
>Nope. No dating heroes. Uh-uh. Shit didn't work out.
But come near the end she's asking for coffee?

Also Luke was a fucking horn-dog the entire show. Jesus.

Claire connects all the Defenders by having fucked all of them.

She'll get a cheeky finger into Jessica Jones at some point in Season 2.

Reminder that Luke has already cucked every Defender.

Matt
Jessica
Danny
Misty

why Danny?

You forget
She's already seen Jessica with her pants down

Iron Fist.
Iron Fist has a thing for Misty in the comics.

Luke for me just didn't have enough action scenes. Which is a bit disappointing considering in the year 2016 I'd think tv would have perfected low budget super strength fist cuffs.

But none of it looked as shitty as the super jump from JJ or supergirl, so its a trade off.

Release order

DD1
JJ
DD2
LC

Mine has the same problem, despite the fact that I told her Luke tends to be slut (like most super heroes)

ahh, maybe she will show up in his show, I hope

That's weird, the night after I finished this I had a dream that I fucked my sister

It isn't uncommon for young females in families like that to learn basic child care at a young age.

Mama seems like the type to make a 6 year old change diapers or starve.

>Dropping fine Cuban coffee for stinky super slob pussy

Stay pleb.

>>shades and the other lady now do their thing with absolutely no repercussions whatsoever

This right here really brought the entire thing down for me.

It's pretty common for older kids to take care of the younger ones in poor communities, happens everywhere.

Are all women just stupid?

He's not in a relationship with Jessica. They just had sex.

Because she fell in love with him over the course of their adventures.

>fucked one lady and fell in love with another and almost hooked up

kek what a "horn dog"

You're so insensitive. It may have been "just sex" but it meant much more to Jessica.

>You're so insensitive. It may have been "just sex" but it meant much more to Jessica.

Thank you for the reminder that a girl is saying i raped her for lying to her just to fuck her.

And she still killed his wife. Her turning out to be a liar isn't going to make him totally cool with that. But obviously him finding out about Reva is a path that leads to Jess and Luke ending up together eventually.

Reva is a horrible bitch. If she gets resurrected/cloned/re-created from dna/comic-book comeback, she'd make an awesome villain.

Yeah, because she's an unstable stalker.

So, Jessica Jones season 2 will deal with super powered fight clubs? Think stuff from Luke Cage will carry over to that, especially with the doctor

Diamondback was stupid and had no end game.
That final fight was fucking retarded.
What a waste.

that final fight was great

OOOH SHIT LUKE GET DAT NIGGA

I had a dream that my cousin was trying to fuck me, but I woke up before it happened.

His end game was to kill Luke and become powerful by supplying judas bullets to the police

He wanted to supply the police with Judas bullets so they could kill Luke. It's not like he was doing it for money.

Why go through the trouble of 6 episodes if you're just going to fuck everything up by trying to get into a fistfight with Luke because of "muh boxing"? Why not shoot Luke with your fucking Judas bullets?

So is Iron Fist going to score with the Nurse too?

All Jessica jones needed for some Nurse and JJ action for her to complete the circle.

> logic is superior to entertainment

fuck you idiot

how did he cuck matt? luke didn't sweet christmas elektra

and elektra and matt are true love in mcu

You have no creative talent. Never write.

Thank you, Cool Wesley.

Diamondback went insane at the end.
There was commercial sense in supplying weapons to the police. Yes, for the money.
He was doing it at the time both for revenge and profit, like the other user said.

Eventually, Diamondback opened up his sweet christmas present and went completely nuts. Luke Cage became the primary obsession.

Dude. Wesley is cooler than Shades.
Suit and tie > gangsta look.

So how do they give medical treatment to Luke in comics anyway? Because it sucks ass being Luke when you get hurt. ACID BATH

I thought Cottonmouth, despite arguably being incompetent, was a pretty compelling villain with the guy playing him giving a really good, layered performance. Even though he really couldn't do anything to cage, he was pretty threatening in that was ruthless and desperate enough to seriously endanger innocent people in Harlem just to get at Luke Cage. I also loved all the stuff about his past and how he ended up that way, all of his regrets and his passion for music and all that.

Really solid.

Shame they killed him off halfway through. He could have potentially been the best MCU villain.

Don't do drugs kids.

No yeah, Cottonmouth was great, incompetent or not.

But what bothered me is that after they bring in Diamondback after building him up, he's even less competent than Cottonmouth. Not to mention the non-Shades henchmen being idiots, or the other gangs all being dumb.

Just finished it.
I'm glad it actually felt like a TV show Season Finale with actual plot ends loose to keep you excited for the next season. Though it is a very strange show. Most of the time it feels like a straight up crime drama. If you took out Luke Cage, it would have been a regular crime drama show. Well, that and Diamondback in the last episode.

I enjoyed it.

Toffee wrappers on the floor was a badass moment.
Doing that in Cottonmouth's club was the equivalent of pissing on his kids.

I have a sinking feeling Misty is going to annoy the fuck out of me in Iron Fist

You know what bothered me in this show? For the most part it does a good job of tying in with the rest of the universe. I really buy that this is in the same universe as both Jessica Jones and Daredevil, for the most part. But I really started to wonder, where the fuck were these gangs during Daredevil. Diamondback's implied to be a somewhat big deal, and to have been established for quite some time, enough so that he would have been on the radar of Fisk and his gangs. If they sprang up and got more influence when Fisk's empire fell apart, I feel like they would have brought that up and communicated it, like the similarly sized operations in Daredevil Season 2.

For that matter, it seemed odd to me that Punisher didn't give a shit about any of this happening. This gang shit was getting heavy, and no one really seemed even concerned about the possibility of him showing up. Maybe we'll get some explanation in his show as to what he was doing during this, but it seemed weird that no one questioned that in universe.

Loved this interview Mike had with The Breakfast Club.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OPcpNxCc-LU

I believe Diamondback got more traction after Fisk fell and when he started advertising the Judas Bullet

She's not in Iron Fist, she'll be on The Defenders.

not a single person shouted worldstar, it broke the realism for me

>>All of Fisk and Cottonmouth's moles flushed out of the NYPD
Man, that force must look incompetent now.

Also, I'm finding it hard to believe that NYC is still such a crime ridden shithole when each season of a show has at least one crime family wiped out.

I think Diamondback was supposed to be like a national gun seller, probably his HQ was back in Georgia.

Crime families are replaced by more crime families

I felt there were far too many plot threads left for the next season. So much so that it meant that the season itself wasn't wrapped up.

I mean I can understand maybe one or two things to build anticipation. But most of the last episode was just advertising for the next season.

>Also, I'm finding it hard to believe that NYC is still such a crime ridden shithole when each season of a show has at least one crime family wiped out.

It's a city with over 8 million people.

Matt had a thing with Claire.

I'm just saying
DD Season 1 - Fisk's empire collapsed, which took out the Russians and some of the cocaine packing as well.
JJ - Can't actually think of any crime boss stuff. It was mainly purple man the entire way.
DD Season 2 - Punished nuked the Irish Mob, disrupted that Japanese Company. Hand still big.
Luke Cage - Took down Cottonmouth and Diamondback's stuff, even though those have been taken over by the other villains. Those mob heads also were killed.

Still, I find it funny that they keep saying nature hates vacuums when crime families being destroyed so rapidly.

in all Fairness, Cottonmouth had people in his pocket in one precinct. Fisk had people throughout all of the NYPD true, but a lot more in Hell's Kitchen.

Fisk dealt with pretty high level shit throughout the city, and operated out of Hell's Kitchen, where he had the most influence, and Cottonmouth operated exclusively in Harlem, and didn't work on anything close to the level of Fisk.

With the Avengers, Defenders AND Spider-Man in it. Hell, why don't they take care of Detroit or something?

Avengers aren't crime fighters, they deal with large scale shit, they don't bother with crime families and the like. Besides, they haven't been based out of NYC since Age of Ultron.

Spider-Man doesn't seem to be fighting crime families, he's more dealing with petty crimes, robberies, hostage situations, disasters, or independent super villains.

Really, you just got Daredevil, Punisher, and now Luke taking on organized crime so far. Jessica just dealt with a super villain, and Iron Fist hasn't shown up yet.

in the comics the x-men's mansion is in the suburbs next to nyc too hehe

I guess the guys at marvel didn't want to make stuff up about other cities so they just used what they knew.

There is a "Great Lakes Avengers" team though.

He only had the one bullet left and it ended up in a chair.

So
>Netflix makes a Luke Cage show
>releases them all at once
Who came up with this? What's the point of releasing it all at once instead of releasing them once a week as to give time and room for discussion, speculation, hype, etc.
Releasing it all at once is just.. what?

this is how Netflix releases all their shows, because it's an online paid service so they don't care about "ratings"

That's Netflix for ya!

The X-Mansion is fifty miles north of NYC in Westchester county.

Aight, it's their choice, however idiotic it may be.

If anything NYC would become more violent as people try to rush in and take while these gangs are in disarray.

are you from 2005?

So I've kind of always thought heroes for hire was kind of a silly idea. Like, why would Luke force people to pay him to do hero stuff for him, especially since he said he doesn't want money in this series.

But then I started thinking, with how much talk there was of how vigilantes are bad, maybe that's why he starts heroes for hire. Cheap pay as a way to legitimize what he does. He's not doing anything illegal if someone is paying for his services. It's just a transaction for him to be a Private investigator or bodyguard or whatever.

No one watches shows like that anymore, it's all about marathoning these days.

From a creator's standpoint it's nice. You have to worry less about individual episodes, reestablishing stuff from the previous episode, making sure everything gets wrapped up nicely, because you can assume most of the time people probably came to this episode directly from the last, and if not saw it the previous day or something like that.

but it's not idiotic, everyone loves them for doing it like that.

it's more like watching a very long movie rather than a tv show

Okay I hate to break it to you user but "Someone paid me to do it" doesn't make breaking into private property and assaulting a lot of people legal.

Shit, meant for

yep, Heroes for Hire was the name of their private investigation company

It comes from the trend of Boxsets. People found it was alot simpler to sit through a DVD of things like The Wire because you can watch it whenever you want to, you don't have watch shitty adverts and if it gets interesting you can carry on watching.

Netflix essentially evolved from that sort of thing, where people would subscribe to be able to get loads of Boxsets without having to buy the DVDs yourself, and since people aren't actually likely to watch shit again, they get a better deal.

So once they started making their own programs they obviously felt this was the way to go, and released everything at once.

>they will never get James Earl Jones to play Lukes father

Fair enough.

user, Jessica can fuck like an animal, but Claire is easily best girl.

I can kind of get why he wouldn't want to fuck slutty hot mom, but he absolutely should have fucked slutty hot mom.

could a Ryan Reynolds/ Deadpool cameo ever happen?

>Misty's club outfit at the end of the last episode

ooh yeah

What about the ones he's selling to the police?

>Man, this really fell apart in the last couple of episodes.

agree, just like jessica jones, you can skip from episode 6 to last 2 without missing a thing.

about the series,

misty knight actress hips/waist/hips ratio is a 10/10
actors are decent
story is boring
villains are awful

just spotted a street sign in one of the last 2 episodes of the series with Stan Lee saying "see a crime? report it!"... forgot to screencap it and I can't remember which of the episodes he was in.

Claire mentions that it didn't work out with Matt in DD S2

Not as good as the originals.

>>Not Turk.

Into the trash it goes

Gunshot wound took too long and the club should have been the climax.

yeah but they needed to strech it to 13 episodes.

I thought the first episodes were good, then after he gets shot it takes far to long to move on from injured Luke.

The last few episodes in the club were pretty good, but I hate the whole Method Man talking about how great Luke Cage is because he is black. And then the political shit with the angry white cops and the black cop letting him go kinda was on the nose.

Shades was by far the best villain, followed by Cotton Mouth and then Diamondback.

OII, JUICY BOIII

t. Barracuda

my daddy didn't love me enough I'm gonna bitch and moan about it even though you didn't ask to be born waaaaah

maybe if your mommy and daddy wasn't such a whore this wouldn't be a problem

>HARLEM
>HARLEM
>HARLEM
>HARLEM

I'm mad. More than half of this show was filmed in the heights, not harlem.

Well they couldn't actually film everything in harlem, they'd get shot

damn negro, holy kek.

last time I was in Harlem it was the new hype place for hipsters, nothing but white families moving there.

The "incident" was the Chitauri/alien invasion from Avengers. That's why there is so much to rebuild in New York and foreign/alien objects going around.

But the cop who everyone loved and got killed by Diamondback was white, while the cop who beat down the kid just for knowing Luke was black.
Things seemed rather fair to me, with just a few small instances otherwise.

kek

I loved this fucking show, shit was tight
I'm spirituality black now

> gets brutalized internally

Hope you got to say good-bye to your dad before you changed.

>ambiguous
Olympian level in all categories is hardly ambiguous

I really think that each Netflix Marvel show should have been 10 episodes, not 13.

Bad taste and you clearly didn't stick around for when Shield actually got good.

Sure it has wobbled again since then but it definitely got better than the first half of season 1

Yeah. 13 is a little much, All of them seem to either run out of steam towards the end or have too much filler/meandering

Yes but then it's the whole "if you were innocent then why didn't you report yourself to the proper authorities right after instead of running away?"

Since the justice system will assume and be pants on head retarded about it.

BULLETPROOF BLACK MAN

Zip's dad.

The most cringeworthy part of the show IMO was the Method Man rap. You had the series working perfectly fine with the subtext of a black hero, his relationship with the cops, and the symbolism of wearing a hoodie. It was clever without being too in your face... until Method Man literally started rapping about exactly that and spelling out every single bit of symbolism in case the idiots watching didn't catch it.

Hmm I kinda get what you mean user.

To me Matt is a charater a bit more compelling than Luke but mainly because I think that Charlie Cox gave a better performance than Mike Colter. But Matt's arc got really annoying in season 2 justice, no killing, lone crusade, blablabla nothing that hasn't been done a million times before.

Doesn't help that the plot got faily uninteresting because it the trheat represented by the Hand was way too vague. Supportive cast was okay even if Karen's attemp to make love to Frank also got tiring fast. But fighting scenes were still amazing.

The tone and atmosphre in Luke Cage had far more soul. The supportive cast mainly helped wih that. Characters from all walk of life that live in the neighbourhood are represented : criminals of course (from street rats, to the more suave), just regular folks trying to get by, hustlers, good cops/bad cops, etc.

All interesting and layered. In retrospect DD failed in that regard, it really feels like Hell's Kitchen is Matt vs criminals, we are told maybe once or twice that his presence affects the people that live here.

On that regard I really liked the way that Luke's abilitiesspread all kind of rumors and we were shown people talking about him, supporting him etc.

Music was fantastic imo (best opening so far) and was particularly well integrated in the episodes. Thematically it was also more interesting than "muh city", I really liked the Mariah and Cottonmouth discussion about politics, etc. Only the fight scenes were a bit lacking.

They needed to show that people were helping him by wearing bullet hole hoodies!

I can't wait until retards make some in real life.

That is going to be the most dangerous Halloween costume for black kids.

He was amazing, only villain who was level-headed.

I liked it. Though I can't say I loved it. Still kept me entertained.
Beginning had stronger character stuff, but the action was lacking. Noone could harm him and they are still struggeling to make super strength look entertaining.

Second half the stakes at least rose, though I guess the story and character stuff suffered a lot for it.

Overall definetly better than Jessica Jones since it didn't take a complete nosedive in the second half. But I still like the daredevil stuff better even if the second season took a nosedive in the second half

>I feel like they're really struggling with the 13 episode format.
I hear that. They really need to put more effort in setting up the plot lines for later in the season. Right now it feels too often like the whole show stops dead after episode 6 and then sloppily has to build momentum again establishing the new players before the finale.

It looks like DCEU Lex is doing the speech. toppest of the keks

Amen my brother ! She was so fuckin fine...

So are bullet hole hoodies going to be in style now?

I couldn't get properly into DD since it was so ridiculously melodramatic. The visual style didn't really help either.

I also think Luke Cage had the best villains. As much as I might get shit on for saying this, Shades and Diamondback might be my favorite characters from the entire Netflix lineup.

IMO, Luke Cage did it better than DD, and WAY better than JJ. JJ felt like the same episode over and over again.

Fuckin' this.

I still can't believe how many gorgeous women they managed to pack into this show.

Aren't they already in style?

Right when he was switching hoodies with Method Man, I was totally feeling it. If Luke Cage handed me a bullet hole-ridden hoodie, I'd wear it forever. I was under the impression that a lot of the ones people were wearing were those he'd discarded, like at the laundromat

For me it's:

JJ > Luke Cage > DD (overall)

I feel like this show didn't become the cheesy black show I wanted it to be until the last three episodes

Which is when the black guys started directing episodes

>Aren't they already in style?

Fuck you for making me laugh at that.

Mariah way have been a more competent villain, but she was considerably more lame and unrelatable in comparison to Cottonmouth. I actually found myself missing him after he died halfway through the season.

It wasn't until Diamondback came around that the show headed into serious blaxploitation territory.

isnt that the thing with marvel, that all protagonists fuck up a lot

Oh shit, I didn't even notice the joke when I posted it. Lel.

Well this is MCU Harlem. Just like MCU Hell's Kitchen.

>MCU Harlem

Speaking of that, I was hoping they'd mention the Hulk/Abomination fight at least once.

I don't give a fuck if it's MCU harlem
It's (mostly) filmed in Washington Heights, not Harlem.
That's just retarded, considering people who actually live here can tell the difference.

>his cameo in Punisher is ten-second shot of a bent dumpster riddled with bullet holes

And Captain America Civil War used the German government district as a super hero prison. They shooped the dome of the Reichstag in the background to look different to get away with that.

Who gives a fuck, this stuff happens all the time.

>Fights crime by killing criminals
>Helps take down the big bad
>Helps take down the hero
>Wins the day
>Gets the girl

Was Shades the secret protagonist and we just never knew?

He's got a fine ass, an ass as nice as Hank Hill

You mean
>Purple Man
...Right?

Luke is hard to kill because he's bulletproof and can punch through steel

Shades is hard to kill because he's Shades.

I kinda interpreted "You were right. You are a piece of shit." as a breakup.

I seriously want to know their ancestry.

Might sound racist, but whenever I find a black chick who sizzles, there's usually some interesting background involved.

It's a pity all the "i know a lawyer" stuff didn't pay off with matt turning up. I guess they wanted it to be Luke's show, at least in the first season.

But man, it'd have been amazing to have luke in the interrogation room and hearing the tap tap of matt's stick.

Yeah, and they didn't film Daredevil in the real Hell's Kitchen either.

Did anyone else find Misty Knight intolerable? She was so obnoxious. She didn't reach neighbor girl from Jessica Jones level but she still got on my nerves.

I think I kinda swept it under my mental rug since she's boneable as fuck.

I kept thinking of the main character from the Taxi series. As the actor looked 18 years ago.

Or maybe something like this?
youtu.be/pMpZgWtPT2I?t=1838

>Psych goes off Netflix as Cage comes on.

That's a net loss right there.

I had to completely tune out when they had that entire attacking a witness/interview subplot

Psych went off Netflix? Shit. That fucking blows. I have season 7 downloaded, but I think that's it. Shit, I love rewatching psych episodes.

Fuck, I don't even know where to find it now that KAT is RIP.

The big bad will be Half Black Mariah

>"BYE, FELICIA"

Nah, she's a sassy sista

Where the fuck does netflix find all these gorgeous black actresses and why haven't I seen them in anything prior to this show

Misty's visualization scenes and transitions were really well done, and I liked how they'd always get cut short by some moron breaking her concentration, made you empathize with her losing focus

Chokeslamming claire and the locus of control speech made her seen like she's going off the deep end, I 100% think she went to the club to kill Mariah, even had her signature hairdo. She's definitely off the reservation.

The no-kill rule is dumb, Luke couldve snapped Cottonmouth's neck the moment he met him, the entire Diamondback fight was a farce, one punch to the unprotected mouth and he's pulverized. Could've king Kong ripped his jaws apart and ended in 5 seconds flat.

Dr's speech about cage's unique DNA and then working on his brother who shares half his genetic material will obviously come up later.

Claire hooking up with Luke after decoding daredevil was too much drama was not cool. A guy who fights ninjas with melee weapons is somehow worse than a dude who gets shot at with RPGS and alien bullets and full automatic weapons on a daily basis? Their relationship would've been infinitely better as bromance, let her be the one fucking superhero besides Hawkeye to keep a separate work and home life.

"Something hot and dark" was a funny recurring joke, idk why he turned down lawyer lady only to get with an "auditor".

Cottonmouth had 7 million dollars in cash, he didn't need to reverse launder Mariah's million in donations from clean to dirty, he just wanted to rope her in to the life. Continued arguments over the merit of money versis power/respect were good. Of course the predators name was "uncle pete" lol

Super surprised Frank didn't show up to put a bullet in the supposedly superpowered menace, would've been nice for him to get his hands on some Judas, maybe pin down Diamondback in the final fight/shoot the power pack.

Tl;dr mistys hot

>black actresses
> why haven't I seen them in anything prior to this show

because despite the alt-right's paranoia any time a black woman gets a few rolls(which, btw isn't proportional to the population as seen in my graphs and statistics, have a look), black women have a hard time in Hollywood.

The singer for "Put that thing on me" was ridiculously hot

I thought the ending was fine. Diamondback gets built up as being bigger, badder and more in control than cottonmouth, but then once he finds out Luke is Carl Lucas, all his batshit insanity bubbles to the surface and he becomes an even bigger destabilizing element than Cottonmouth was when HE was obsessed with Luke. It's great.

>The no-kill rule is dumb, Luke couldve snapped Cottonmouth's neck the moment he met him

The writers probably gave him a no-kill rule because his problems would be solved too easily otherwise, considering his super strength. He could rip a regular guy's skull off as easily as he could open a jar of pickles.

Don't even care. He got pop killed.

>But then I started thinking, with how much talk there was of how vigilantes are bad, maybe that's why he starts heroes for hire. Cheap pay as a way to legitimize what he does. He's not doing anything illegal if someone is paying for his services. It's just a transaction for him to be a Private investigator or bodyguard or whatever.
It's like reverse-prostitution; something that is illegal to do for free ended up becoming legal when you get paid.

That's not his fault, Pop's was Switzerland. It's all on fucking Tone.

>The no-kill rule is dumb, Luke could've snapped Cottonmouth's neck the moment he met him
Generally speaking, I've seen Luke kill villains before, but usually in the heat of battle, by accident, or out of necessity of emergency. He doesn't just go around murdering people like the Punisher.

Feel free to call me the biggest idiot for this: But it sorta bugs me that Luke is this soft spoken dude that hates to be called a nigga, that apparently has such a big distaste for the word yet you have him listening to fucking Wu-Tang, yet you have a soundtrack that features gangster rap.
And don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on the music choices, it just seems pretty odd to me.

Now that you mention it, that does bother me a bit.

It's about context, Wu Tang clan using the word in one of their most iconic songs, listened to during a fight scene where he really is doing some gangster shit beating people up with a car door and taking full auto fire to the face

Vs some punk who doesn't know a thing about him using the word behind his back with no respect for the history of the area arouND him.

He's not perfect, he even gets mad and says it himself when daring black aids-skrillex to shoot him like not-captain America evans in snowpiercer.

The word has an incredibly complicated historu and usage is anything but standardized, but context and tone matter more than anything

I get Duncan is probably a better actor, but Lister is essentially born to play Barracuda appearance wise.

Designated cum dumpster

Every time I heard Shades talk I thought of Adam Jensen.

Too bad he was stupider.

>Leaving a loaded gun on the table with your hostage.

Its so idiotic user that broadcasting networks are now trying to emulate their dump/bomb style.

Elaborate on the angry white cop? If you mean the swat team lead then he was played pretty fair as a non tool guy who saw the larger picture. Only complaint about the cops would be Misty's partner money seemingly going to a black void.

Show writers should get a pat on the back for not being full retards like the current comics crew. Otherwise we'd have every white cop shooting down innocent blacks and eating babies on screen. Instead of friendly street cops of all colors.

Yeah, I've always thought of Luke not having a strict no-kill rule, but never actually being the type who would just rip people apart, since he's still a hero. Like if it happened, he'd feel bad about it and move on, but he wouldn't purposefully try to punch a guy's head off because their jaw was exposed in their power suit. Probably would try to break their jaw horribly though.

I'm really sick of this "haha the superhero's original costume/name is so lame" thing that seems to be done in every Marvel Netflix show.

I disagree. Cottonmouth was not a compelling villain until it literally didn't matter any more. Episode 8 and beyond this show picked up. Diamondback was great, the character arcs were solid.

I know, they didn't even try there. Where was the Gordon cameo?

I want to see these Netflix heroes fight some powered bad guys. They don't have to be bosses, they can just be a guy who has simple fire punch. Or a lady with beam eyes. Something other than a goon with a gun

But even comic book Luke Cage, back when he first wore the costume, thought he looked like a fucking idiot. And it's one of the goofiest costumes of all time. It's the one allowed "the costume is dumb" gag.

I was really disappointed they didn't. There's even some line in the last episode about two freaks squaring off in Harlem. People act like Harlem ain't not never seen no crazy shit like this when the fucking Hulk and not-Hulk tore the streets up five years ago. I liked the Cap and Iron Man references though, they were direct. The 'dude with a hammer' or 'green guy' etc. lines seem like they're ashamed of the movies because the Netflix shit is so comparatively dark.

Has barely any stakes in the actual drama of the show.
>People praise him for being competent.
We'll see, we'll see.

:)

It's all to set up defenders you know.
Mariah should have died and Cottonmouth should have lived

I found the Obama references to be weird when the president in the MCU is not Obama.

Defenders set up. The system, even the vigilante backed-up system, isn't perfect. That isn't the point of the struggle.

This show seemed pretty light on the references to Marvel media, besides the obvious Avengers references.

All I caught was the Colleen Wing advertisement and the drawing of Rhino on Pops' wall. Anybody see anything else?

>drawing of Rhino on Pops' wall

I missed this. Any screencaps?

Doesn't this take place during or after Civil War in the MCU? Obama could've been elected after the other guys term was up in this timeline.

Whoever's idea that sign was needs to be promoted to whatever position handles the minority pandering.

Leave it to the Latinos to take a black's job.

Final episode, scene where this guy finds the folder

On closer examination it seems a bit more like a generic robot armor, but it seemed like the Rhino when I saw it in passing. Could also be a kids idea of Iron Monger, I guess.

>The no-kill rule is dumb
>black man obsessed with black history and pre-crack idealism doesn't want to be a murder
I buy it as much as
>I'm catholic so no murder, but torture and pushing people off buildings is fine
or
>I killed some nigress so I can only kill my rapist

Who?

>half
>every

Neat.

Yeah I don't think that's Rhino either. Can see the horn bit, though, would kind of look like it at first glance.

But in a really direct kind of crossover way, what the actual FUCK is Claire's excuse for not calling Matt after like day two of this bullshit. I get that he's the Hell's Kitchen guy but you'd think he could make a trainride over to kick a little ass. So many problems could've been solved with his ninja shit instead of having to go full-frontal all the time.

I had just assumed it was a drawing of Diamondback the first time I watched it, though on closer inspection, it doesn't really look like him.

There were a shit ton of references to other Marvel
Netflix stuff. The other guy who beat up Cage in prison was Comanche who's another Luke villain who often partnered with Shades.

DDS2 had Nobu and the Hand while JJ had Nuke and Purple Man.

But Mariah was the one who actually has the mindset for this sort of thing, so she should be a better leader than Cottonmouth who just wanted to play music.

Kind of surprised no one tried her suggestion to just drug and drown Cage though.

>bullet proof man wanted by cops
>they get untested hammer weapons from a gangster who is not part of hammer industries
Just fucking call Iron Man. Not even for the Iron Man part, get Tony Stark on this. I understand not calling in Vision and I guess maybe Tony Stark charges too much, but can the ATCU or SHIELD show up?

Maybe it's the hero we deserve

You'd think gangs would be recruiting freaks just to face the street level heroes, let alone for actual crime shit.

There was a radio show in one episode, hosted by Trish. I wouldn't have caught it if it wasn't for the subtitles.

>They've referenced him in Cage and Daredevil now

Stilt-Man confirmed for true final boss.

Holy shit. I never saw this version of him, it's the best candidate I've seen so far. Is Stilt-Man just going to be a constant tease that never is seen on screen?

It's not a teaser for anything. It's just a kid's drawing of a ninjago character.

Sorry guys.

The shows haven't even mentioned what the Maggia is up to once. You just know if anyone is out there collecting super powered muscle it's fucking Silvermane.

>You'd think gangs would be recruiting freaks just to face the street level heroes, let alone for actual crime shit.
The doctor was kept alive. And they also excuse the potential different powers by saying Luke Kage's powers is influenced by his own genetics so Diamondback might get a slightly different superpower.

JJ mediocre. It's not worth another watch.

I can rewatch DD SE1 and the 1st half of DD SE2.
I might give LC another watch because of of the cast. Shades, Diamondback, and Cottonmouth are really entertaining. The music direction is just perfect sometimes.