Practice thread

What have you done lately? Working on something? Show it!

This is a thread to encourage constant practice, even if you are shit. Criticism is optional, but welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

fav.me/d2q5nzc
fav.me/d4m93si
imgur.com/a/GJJYe
instagram.com/salvadorpg97/
anonkun.com/stories/dick-quest/hvXdREAsFhsNvTjPu/home
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm leaning more towards 70s a/shit/ lately, but I'll contribute to give the thread a boost. Started this last night.

I did this the other day

I like it a lot. What's the context?

Newbie here. How are these proportions?

to be honest bats i haven't drawn seriously in a while

my crush drew a thing in a tiny piece of cardboard, it was drawn with regular stick figures, so i decided to re draw it for practice

Then i posted it and some classmates liked it, my crush also gave it a like but her comment made me think that she just found it ok

well whatever soon i'll start drawing storyboard for a more important thing, they should be a good practice too

I see nothing wrong, but please finish it more first.

I like Batman threads they always motivate me seeing the cool stuff people post.
Doodled some little characters for some stuff I'm planning. I have a long way to go still.

No idea what I'm looking at. Please finish it.

(and by that I meant I like it)

By the way, something I am working on for Inktober. Will fix some mistakes, ink and make it look like shit, and upload elsewhere.

Nice m8

Sexy sharkbot.

That looks good man.
And thanks but yeah my stuffs kind of a mess. The little shits a doll and the other ones a possum.

I dig it. I like the silly look of the eyes I don't know if that's what you were going for but yeah.

Legitimately afraid to ink/finish the planned "good piece", so decided to draw something simpler now. Will finish in a few minutes.

it's like something out of Berserk but kawaii

He looks cute

>been drawing since childhood
>still suck at drawing

You call that "suck"?

Looks neat for a horror concept, remember to practice more than just heads tho.

Good enough but her limbs look very unnatural, like you concentrate at each segment instead of the body overall. hence the oversqueezed thighs
Fine, realize you will be tweaking a mulltitude of things so include stylization and fashion among body modification to hit multiple birds with one stone.
Yours very much is "okay", focus more on backgrounds and contrasting lighting as well as laying off cliches.
Ink and do backgrounds and they will accentuate the cuteness of your characters. Contrast is key.
What am I even looking at?
I like this but its WAY too monotone/simplistic, work on contrasting this piece and it will stick out more.( ink/shade it or whatever.)

Same guy.
I jump between tablet and paper but I enjoy tablet more.

what's stopping people to work off from what we post here and claim it as their own exactly?

Time stamp?

It is not worth it, no one post their own Magnum opus, people can spot art theif and there is "search image on google"

Okay, done. Turned out surprisingly good. Off to upload this elsewhere.

You are looking at a crossover sketch, done with a light pencil. The crossover in question Dreamkeepers/Klonoa.

Yup, it's a kind-of-horror generic spoopy asian girl!
Most of my stuff is full-body and/or dynamic comic stuff, so I'm actually trying to practice my compositon for prints.

Also, my single issue with the Cintiq 12x is that everything looks so soft and smooth on it, then I move the image to a monitor and the lines are jaggy as fuck. It's always disappointing.

X-cyuse me, but that looks professional. Add more prominent highlights to the hair, and it will be perfect.

Semi Cred Forums

Drawing afro versions of characters for Inktober.

>fellow brush appreciator
Nice.

And one I'm gonna post tomorrow.

So, juni, what is this inktober?

i cant shade for shit and all my stuff looks hollow. i cant even draw people.

Presumably. You make and post one ink drawing per day during all of october. I cheated a little and already made a bunch of pictures. I admit, but my schedule is just crazy this month so I draw a bunch every few days to keep ahead of schedule.

>draw that good each day on paper with ink
>each day
>It took me weeks to do just one on computer

its hard to shade with pen though.

I learned to draw people pretty quick. For example, compare
fav.me/d2q5nzc
to
fav.me/d4m93si
to pic related.

Now, neither is a masterpiece, I know, but considering I (re)started drawing when I was 19, it's a good improvement for just 5 years.

Remember that everything is made of geometrical figures, and lines of action. Action should be the skeleton, body parts 3D figures. Then finish however you wish. There is NOTHING scary or impossible about drawing humans. You're one yourself... right?

A drawing like that is fast to make. I made 4 yesterday including this one, in the same afternoon, and one of them was actually longer to make.
If anything, I think you need to pass the blockade I had for quite a while : stop caring about making something beautiful. Just draw fast lines and let your hand be loose. Don't overthink how clean/long/thick it should be. You'll get better simply by practicing. My stuff isn't that good and I manage enough that way so no reason for you not to achieve the same.

How long have you been drawing

Started at 11. I'm 24 now.

13 years, I only got like 5

Your rendering looks familiar, post more art, old or new, I dont care.
Anyway, keep it up.
Here is something Iam working on, It needs several corrections, I tend to become extremely depressed and drop everything for months, which sucks, I was diagnosed with Bipolar type 2 and Iam on medication, sorry for the blog, I belong in R9K but there is no art threads in there, and Iam too shy to create them myself.

I've got a thread up on /i/, asking for pose recommendations for an oc.
Other than that, I haven't drawn anything recently

I keep being reminded people start coming here young.

imgur.com/a/GJJYe
top was drawn when i was 9 years old. bottom was drawn when i was 20. i cant break out of the goofy toon look and i cant shade worth a damn on top of that.

I been drawing since I was a small lad, I only start doing serious when I was a teen and got myself a tablet on my Birthday

Come on user, you'll never improve with that attitude. Watch some cross hatching tutorials on YT and start learning form and you'll be well on your way.

God tier advice everyone should hear at some point

Started drawing a DnD character for a friend.

Okay then. Start with lines. Doesn't matter what the instrument is. Just draw from life and photographs. People, plants, buildings. Maybe birds. In a year you'll get much better.

Use more references. My stuff is very Mignola so I try to balance it with more Cartoons and other illustrators as a reference as well. I suggest you look for stuff you like that's very far from toons visually, and start emulating.
Soon enough you'll start making stuff that looks more like yourself, and you'll magically get better at it.
It's kinda like baiting a part of yourself with stuff that resemble it, and pushing it out through training.

This is great

the real question is should i keep drawing on paper like a caveman or try to switch over to drawing tablets? If I could draw and animate as well as pic related I would consider my live fulfilled.

Do both.

There's no harm in mixing it up, you can only get better.

The tablet isn't going to make you draw better. Paper first. Less money spent in tech and power that way btw.

If you think a tablet will make you draw better, I have a slightly used Lamborghini to sell you.

i meant a tablet in the sense of having more tools to polish/shade/color my drawings.

Don't get into the habit of digitally polishing turds; that is a trap many get stuck in forever.

Tablet is very useful if you want to experiment with colour (unlimited undo's).

This.
I admit I sometimes change a line here and there in post because I messed up, but I try to do a good job on paper first. Color isn't my strong suit so tablets and toshop are heaven for constant retries, but no amount of post in going to repair your bad picture. Unless you change so much that you end up reoding the whole thing.
I should point out tho that I often tend to do my sketches on photoshop first because it's easier to erase, change and modify stuff with the scale tool. Maybe you could try.

A bit of a /tg/ crossover: I like to do team shots of gaming groups I've played in to practice varying emotions/builds for my webcomic.

>tfw you can't afford nice traditional art supplies and don't have the space to keep it/work anyway, but you were gifted a Cintiq so you spend ages making realistic photoshop tools and disable the 'undo' function.

It's just not the same.

>>tfw you can't afford nice traditional art supplies
Dude, just use random paper and whatever you want. My tools are cheap as fuck.

Bump from page 8~

I'm feeling really un-motivated with this one. I might go over some Inktober lists tomorrow and just do a whole bunch.

Did some practice inking in different styles.

Did a gif.

Art supplies aren't that cheap, but they usually last very long which makes them very worth of it.

I'm supposed to be doing Inktober this month, haven't done a thing.

Playing around with textures/shading

>laying off cliches.

what does this mean

english is my second language

Drawing characters from an old story.
I've been trying to draw more lately.

I'm doing the Drawlloween challenge at the moment. Left to my own devices, I'd probably churn out a bunch of sub-cheesecake pin-ups but I'm taking the opportunity to try different styles and (digital) tools.

While the daily subject is fixed, I'm open to ideas about styles and character types.
Any suggestions?

Neat idea - it's always interesting to see a different interpretation of a familiar character.
Do you post these online anywhere?

im sure this doesnt make sense to anyone

Bump

honestly it doesn't need to

I drew this for my Twitch.
I don't understand Clip Studio 5 but I'm trying

Yup.

appleserum.tumblr.com

Really good, user.

Commencing massive dump. Because fuck you

First time doing anything digital

Developing my OC as always, evolving her a little bit. Adding elements as her story fills out.

I feel the need to get back into the game after a looong break, have to relearn everything from the ground up tho.

Started simple with a ball and fucked it all up with the lighting right from the get go.
Mistakes were made and lessons were learned. Hopefully.

Pretty cute!
You got some of your traditional art?

Quick digital work.

Well I have my instagram, is not the best but its something

instagram.com/salvadorpg97/

no bulling pls

I tried designing a worm.

Some OCDonuts for a story I'm planning

I wish I could into good lineart...

Posted this stuff in the OC thread, but wanted some tips from here. I started off with this

And after a day of drawing muscles I got this

Take note, this is like, the third time I've ever drawn a female. So, sorry for the anatomy issues.

Did some booty practice today.

Looks good user, but don't chickenscratch like that.

Finished today's Inktober sketch.

Just finished this one a couples of days ago. A cyborg Devil

Now post the re-drawn one

Re-drawn one? If you mean the one by some other artist, it was wonderful to see someone actually draw something of mine, but me being here is to get some tips and critique on what I drew

Let the others compare them

I'm not really sure how that helps me, since I am not trying to match this persons work, but alright, if you insist.

Try fixing the hair, Your oc hair look too puffy to be a tribal warrior, btw, you add some scars on her

I wish I could draw. It'd be nice to be able to sketch a thing and have people enjoy it for a moment rather than these elaborate music things that take a month and nobody cares.

In any case, still monitoring this thread.

Want to learn to draw right now?

first thing I've drawn in a long long time. been watching a few shading videos and tried it out.

Crits on the perspective/anatomy?

I don't know if you're setting up for a joke but either way, nah.

Working on a Logo for a music page on FB, and yes, they want to be edgy

Step 1. Think of the things you would like to draw right now.
Step 2. Pick the 1 that is the easiest to draw.
Step 3. Really visualize it in your head. What angle are you looking from?
Step 4. Look at the paper. Imagine the thing already being on the paper, as if your eyes became projectors.
Step 5. Draw a very simplified, rough version of the thing, very lightly.
Step 6. Look at what you did. What should be fixed? Fix your mistakes.
Step 7. Erase whatever parts you do not like.
Step 8. Pressing a little harder on the pencil, trace your rough sketch, and make the drawing finished.

The 2 biggest tricks here are really seeing the object/scene/character in your mind before you draw it, and starting rough and light.

It might take you 10 or 20 minutes to do this. Draw something right now.

Also, posting finished orange clock.

working on this right now. what's your constructive criticism on this? could post the more updated one i've worked on my mac so far, but i wanna play it safe.

wrong one. meant to post the one with watermark

that's some sweet picture

It's blood!!

Thanks. Wanted it to be even better, but not being a professional really takes a toll.

reminds me a whole lot like those illustrations used in british children's novels really

a literal clockwork orange

bump

Afro version of Daredevil.

Yup, as I thought. Needs a higher res logo.

Can I ask your method for these? I mean, do you get the basic idea, sketch it and then ink? Or just straight up start inking and add to it as you go?

I struggle so much with planning out a picture and taking too long polishing it until it comes out 'sterile.'

Woops, accidentally posted this in the wrong place lol. Anyways, thing I'm working on for a class. Only thing left is to render the bird and add the beetle she's talking to.

Depends. This one, I had a pic in mind. The general vague idea. Then I sketched the stuff at the right size on Toshop. Traced it, and then drew and inked.

Sometimes I sketch on paper and draw. But I like using Photoshop to make sure things are the right size and position.

bird looks finished to me

I work on delivery for drawbread

>Heads a little weird
>Colors suck
>Rough sketch
>Can't really draw

You ever listen to a song, and you feel the need to draw, this is what that was

Vesta la guibba-Pavorotti

Do we encourage writefagging in these, or is all just drawfags?

working on a logo for my abandonware review series. The name is kind of click bait-y but whatever. Is it easily readable? I've been staring at it too long to be able to tell.

Anyone got tutorials for drawing torsos and legs?

Well, Batman said to work on your art, and writing is generally considered art so I'm gonna go wiiiiith...
yes

I can't draw, but I can write (allegedly) and I've been doing a shitty DC fanfic quest about dick grayson in my totally original version of things

anonkun.com/stories/dick-quest/hvXdREAsFhsNvTjPu/home

It reads fine at full scale (the blue might be a tad dark but that's just me). However, it doesn't have a clean profile when viewed as a thumbnail. Maybe make a simplified version for icons and branding?

Cumshot

It's part of this scrolling animation background I'm using, that "DUPLEXIDE" logo is what I'll be using on thumbnails and branding, I wanted the forgotten gaming title to seem very grandiose and epic though. Once I finalize it I'll be sure to make the blue part lighter like you said. Thanks for the input!

Getting close.

cool

The only reason I even draw is to realize my love for sultry and disheveled christmas cakes.