Why is Johnny Storm black, but not Reed Richards?

I rewatched Fantastic Four for the lulz and I'm still trying to figure out why Johnny Storm is black but not Reed Richards.

I mean, they want a diversity casting but Johnny Storm as a black man just ended up being a stereotypical black man. Why can't there be a Reed Richards who's black like Neil Degrasse Tyson? People are okay with NDT on the TV, so why not do the same with superhero movies?

I'd rather have a black Reed Richards than a black Johnny Storm, but a black scientist interested in space and time would be a better role model than a generic black man who crashes cars and plays basketball.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MsEZBSTc3a0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The only real issue is that Sue was still white. But the same answer really, they blamed the failure of the old movies partially on the interracial relationship (even though Alba kind of passes anyway) and didn't want to risk repeating it.

Why not make Sue black?

You are completely right. That is what is wrong about this movie

White male and black female couples are very problematic.

Because blacks have some of the lowest IQ scores outside of aborigines -- this even accounting for European admixture in american blacks?

>Why was Johnny Storm black and not reed richards
Because hollywood types think black actors or more suited to explosive roles rather than more tame roles like Reed Richards. Thats basically it, it would also look weird to watch a black guy stretch out like mr. Fantastic would I'm thinking.

Kind of a cosmetic gripe but making Johnny black made zero sense. And Thing should have wore pants. But besides those minor details, Fan4stic was a shitstorm that didnt work on any level

Yes, but don't you want more black people like Neil Degrasse Tyson and less Floyd Mayweather?

Like, I'd love to have more black people look up to NDT than an illiterate wifebeater

Why not cast Idris Elba as Dr. Doom?

>The smartest man is black.
user, you can only push the suspension of belief so far...

Why not cast every character as Elba ?

>Why not cast every character as Elba ?
Because it would be pretty confusing that all the characters are named Elba.

>We're cancelling the apocalypse!
>No, I'm cancelling the apocalypse!
>I AM APOCALYPSE!
I might watch it. Maybe.

What ???

WE
WUZ
APOCALYPSE
AND
SHIT

Honestly if he were just in the suit the whole movie it would work.

I believe a lot of people might watch it for the romance scene.

God I would love this.

Mike B was probably already pegged as Johnny from the beginning, considering he's supposedly a friend of Trank. So naturally, the final script wrote around the race thing by making Dr. Storm black and Sue a war orphan.

Honestly if they made Reed black these fags would be triggered more than a Tumblrina watching WW1.
Zulu is the reason america has the best army in the world user. We borrowed some of his tatics.

>It's another /poltv/ gets triggered episode
Delete this fucking board discount M00t.

>Human Torch is black
>but his sister isn't

The problem is there isn't more of them, am I right?

Anyone have the quality webm of thing throwing that tank so hard it disintegrates

she's adopted

The funny thing though is that Mike B has a great range and that he is currently being considered to play young Neil Degrasse Tyson

Yeah, that's what the Fantastic Four was always about. Family you can choose...

The only reason he was black was because Michael B Jordan was buddies with Josh Trank and got the role before it even entered production.

Can't she be both? And played by Ana Foxxx

>blamed the failure of the old movies partially on the interracial relationship (even though Alba kind of passes anyway)
huh?

You sure? There's a lot of white man/black female couples in movies. Guess Who, The Bodyguard, Monster's Ball, damn near every Halle Berry and Zoe Saldana movie, etc.

It's a black man and a white woman that Hollywood seems to have a problem with. When was the last time you saw this couple in a movie? That one Sidney Poitier flick?

God you are a retard, the bulls horns is one of the oldest military tactics, we are talking mesopotamia tier.
good goy

Also, america has a shit army.

Why not making the thing black?

He's black as a coal.

That gambling movie with Will Smith and Margot Robbie, I think it was last year

The thing is Jewish, ergo, its protected.

Black scientists are cliché as fuck too, they're everywhere in fiction.

Trank said he wanted one of them to be adopted and from another race because it represents a siblings relation he knows, like his sister is adopted or something.
More realistically he just has a boner for MBJ.

user..alba was specifically put in those movies as a sex object(I.e a crowd draw) and reason why people still defend her attempt at white face if only because she was trying to stick to origin of the character.

Late 90s, 00s alba was an it girl. Who I would argue was a bigger draw than any in that cast. The guy playing doom was Cole on Charmed. Evans was a comedy guy, Ben grimm was also a tv actor. So honestly they're not really comparable.

They changed johnny for a similar reason since a lot of people like the dude playing him, but the draw is this time it undermines and basically changes the entire fantastic four setup the way they did it.

It was a terrible idea.

>The guy playing doom was Cole on Charmed
He was the lead in Nip/Tuck, for what it's worth.

>attempt at white face

She's legit half-white and spends more time with her hair dyed blonde than its natural color irl.

The blue contacts in the second movie were a mistake though, I'll grant you.

Well I was parroting the people that disliked her as Sue. For my arguments sake but in full disclosure I liked her and evans chemistry on screen. She tends to work better when she has someone that can do heavy lifting comedy wise.

oh I'm probably one of the few that actually likes him. Most people here seem to hate him as Doom. I always think he makes a good villain.

youtube.com/watch?v=MsEZBSTc3a0

She's more than half white user, and it is funny.
She's closer to almost full white.