Heathcliff escapes by unicycle

Heathcliff escapes by unicycle.

0/10, no garbage ape

Thats not how bicycles fucking work. The pedals are never paraller to eachother

I don't think Gallagher even bothered to google a reference pic of unicycles. Those pedals would never work

He's trying to dance around the fact that Heathlcliff's legs aren't long enough to actually pedal that thing

I read that as "Flesh Market".

He broke the most serious of rules:
>Please, no meat touching, ma'am

Listen here, you fuck. Gallagher writes, sketches, lines and colors each and every strip all on his own. He doesn't have a team of "artists" to soullessly crank out strips as quickly as possible like that hack Davis. Who cares if the unicycles aren't 100% realistic, it's just a joke. What, are you some kinda unicycle expert or something? Did you inherit your daddy's unicycle business and all of a sudden you're the supreme authority on unicycles? Maybe this is a new kind of unicycle, you don't know that.

Fuck off with your unicycle elitism.

Rolling shutter distortion.

>Heathcliff is the lowest of quality comics
Stop the fucking presses!

How he has money to buy an unicycle if he has to steal a fish? Those are considerably more expensive.

He stole the unicycle as well.

He steals for the beauty of the sport, not because he needs to.

But if he stole the unicycle then how the business can be great? There's a glaring plothole here, I think.

buy a unicycle to steal countless fish? ends up profiting in the end

if there was ever a word for something that tried to be so outlandish yet so bland at the same time, Heathcliff would probably be it

I've never read heathcliff before, what's with Cred Forums's obsession?

I've never read it before either

after seeing this thread, my guess would be the point of posting it here it to outrage people that this is classified as "comedy" and a man has made a career out of drawing these, yet still can't make a joke to save his life

this one particularly annoys me, there is LITERALLY no joke
>cat looks at man in bird suit
what's supposed to be funny?

We're appreciators of great comics

Hey look, an actual joke

Buy a cat a fish, he eats for a day.
Buy a cat a unicycle, he eats for a lifetime.

It's amazing.

It's worse than even the Family Circus. The vast majority of strips don't even have jokes, or if they do they only make sense to the man who wrote them.

It's not unfunny because it's safe humor for old people, it's unfunny because it's literally not funny, there is nothing to laugh at, except for the sheer irony that a daily comic strip could be so bizarre.

The recurring jokes like the helmets and the garbage ape and the "cat breath" don't make any sense, and in the case of the helmets their meaning contradicts itself constantly.

It's fascinating, because here we have a man with no artistic or comedic talent whatsoever, who inherited this strip from his father/grandfather and now gets to make a comfortable living shitting out a bunch of cartoons in an hour and whether they're funny or not they go to print and he gets paid, because there are some old people somewhere in America who would have a fit if Heathcliff wasn't in the paper.

>the point of posting it here it to outrage people
No user, the world doesn't revolve around your feelings,

>I can't into absurdism and it makes me angry

The fish guy probably paid for his. I don't know.

Hey, quick question.
Anyone got the "You had me at bait" comic?

Just read more and you'll start to understand.

Those are unicycles, user.

It's a really good comic, so it has a pretty active fanbase on Cred Forums.

>my guess would be the point of posting it here it to outrage people
You'd be wrong. Most of us genuinely enjoy Heathcliff. Just because you don't get the jokes and that frustrates you doesn't mean the rest of us don't.

Cmon now. I can get thinking it's cute but no one here legitimately gets a chuckle from this no joke cartoon.

Heathcliff is what happens when someone makes an attempt at absurdism without ever actually knowing what absurdism is or having ever seen any relevant art. That's the real joke, laughing at the incompetence of it all.

Not only do I chuckle, I also smirk.

it's a meme you dip

>parody family circus
>tell a serial story
it's shit.

Chicken gave Heathcliff a bad coupon

great copy pasta

That isn't a bicycle it's just two unicycles next to each other you complete moron

It's so heavily drenched in weird running gags that a lot of strips are Cow Tools-tier without context. Then you learn the context and they still don't make any sense.

Heathcliff is bad news.

It's Far Side except there are no jokes

Which is, in turn, hilarious.

Aww, yeah!
Thanks, user!

Reminder that Heathcliff had a fifty-six issue comic by Marvel in the late 80's, an annual and a ten issue sister comic called "Funhouse"

It's not just that the humor is "bad", its that its difficult to discern what the joke is at all.

Nothing hard to understand about this

I get the joke in this one.

this one has a joke in it!

That's a shoop, the original caption said Home sweet home

Oh so we got a smart one, eh?

I'm not angry at all, I love it.

I don't think it's intentionally absurd, though.

I never saw what user wanted this for, so have a transparent Heathcliff