Kamandi Challenge Still Happening

Oh thank god I thought this was quietly swept under the rug but it's amazing to see that shit like this can still happen

>DC has formally announced a 12-issue miniseries titled KAMANDI Challenge that will pair over 25 creators together for a 'round-robin' style event set in the dystopian future known as Earth A.D. Originally teased back in April, KAMANDI Challenge is described by the publisher as "the first steps in an ongoing plan to recognize Kirby's contributions to DC..."

>”Over two dozen of the comic industry’s best and brightest talent have been selected to participate in one of the greatest comic book adventures of this, or any other decade, the KAMANDI Challenge," said DC Co-Publisher Dan DiDio. "Over two years in the making, we expect this series to reach heights of excitement and adventure worthy of ‘The King’ himself."

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/31294-kirby-s-100th-birthday-celebrated-with-dc-s-kamandi-challenge.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>"Will Paul Pope get to be one of those creators?"

>"This interview is over."

Sauce for you skeptics
newsarama.com/31294-kirby-s-100th-birthday-celebrated-with-dc-s-kamandi-challenge.html

And now the creative teams

>Scheduled to launch in January, and the creative teams for each issue are:

>Issue #1 by Dan Abnett/Dale Eaglesham, with a prologue by DiDio/Keith Giffen
>Issue #2 by Peter J. Tomasi/Neal Adams
>Issue #3 by Jimmy Palmiotti/Amanda Conner
>Issue #4 by James Tynion IV/Carlos D’Anda
>Issue #5 by Bill Willingham/Ivan Reis
>Issue #6 by Steve Orlando/Philip Tan
>Issue #7 by Marguerite Bennett/Dan Jurgens
>Issue #8 by Keith Giffen/Steve Rude
>Issue #9 by Tom King/Kevin Eastman
>Issue #10 by Greg Pak/Joe Prado
>Issue #11 by Rob Williams/Walter Simonson
>Issue #12 by Gail Simone/Ryan Sook, with an epilogue by Marv Wolfman/Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez.

Still this is way lodes better than what Marvel is doing (It's fucking Variants)

>Bruce Timm will illustrate the cover to KAMANDI Challenge #1, followed by a "host of fan-favorite artists" for subsequent issues. Additionally, each issue's primary interior artist will illustrate a variant cover for his or her issue.

>According to the publisher, each creative team was "randomly" assigned one of the 12 sections of Earth A.D., the future world seen in Kirby's Kamandi: The Last Boy On Earth. The plan is for issue one to start in one section, with each subsequent team moving to other area before it returns full-circle by the final issue. Furthermore, DC explaned that each creative team will be kept in the dark about what the other creators are doing in their issue.

>The concept for KAMANDI Challenge is taken from the 1985 anthology DC Challenge.

Pic related: Full B&W cover sketch by Timm

>”Through the power of his imagination and seemingly endless energy and creativity, Jack Kirby made not just an indelible Kirby-Crackled mark on the world of comic books, but he ended up shaping the entirety of pop culture as it exists today,” said Jim Lee. "The vastness of Jack’s imagination and his powers as an artist and storyteller remain unmatched to this day. I sincerely doubt we will ever see the likes of Jack ‘the King’ Kirby ever again.”

>DC's Co-Publishers are expected to talk more about KAMANDI Challenge at their annual "Meet the Publishers" panel this weekend at New York Comic Con.

Shame that they didn't get Koblish or Scioli here though.

Where were you when based Didio does the King better than Alonso and Brevoort did?

was the original DC Challenge ever collected...it was pretty stupid

Does anyone really give a shit about Kamandi

Outside from Palmioti & Conner and Bennett it seems like a solid line-up

>9/12
Goody.

Every single comics creator.

kek

That was years ago, though he could pull a Cooke and just forever swore them off in general.

>Issue #8 by Keith Giffen/Steve Rude
>Issue #9 by Tom King/Kevin Eastman
Wonderful

Wow I didn't know this was a thing or forgot about it if I ever knew. Sounds good.

It was announced during Rebirth, I think? We knew teams and everything but this is the first time we see any art.

Yeah... Koblish, Scioli, Pope, Williams 3...

It says in OP it was announced back in April

>Pope
He'd turn the book into a lolbertarian pamphlet.

No, it'll sell like shit

>hoot hoot motherfucker

Stupid in a good kind of sense, or bad?

>no Morrison

Multiversity Too confirmed never happening

He's busy with Multiversity Too.

>implying

Multiversity Too is an OGN and he doesn't want to do anything but OGNs for DC

Is the original Kamandi worth reading bros?

Yes.

>Prologue by Didio/Giffen

Fuck, I love those two and their Fourth World contributions

>>Issue #8 by Keith Giffen/Steve Rude
>>Issue #9 by Tom King/Kevin Eastman
>>Issue #10 by Greg Pak/Joe Prado
it's lit

didn't Grant Morrison all ready win this several times over?

>Neal Adams isn't a writer
damn

It's already a round robin, no need to make it even more incoherent.

I'm glad this is still coming.

>Issue #7 by Marguerite Bennett/Dan Jurgens

literally the only bad one with good writers after who can repair whatever damage is done

this should be great

>Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez only on an epilogue
shame

So are these just one shot stories or do they form an overall narrative? Kind of on the fence whether to trade wait or just buy the ones with the creators I like

>no gaiman
I never expected it to happen but im still disappointed it didn't.