As we speak

As we speak
Harley Quinn is turning an entire generation into special snowflake just like me koolkids

I feel sorry for the kids today
WW is no longer popular
Captain Marvel is terrible

The only good female characters are either really bad role models or horrible mary sues

The Harley Quinn era has been pretty good for DC
I don't mind it

So I really don't get why all these people like Harley all of a sudden

I mean the difference between her and say someone like Bloody Mary from Marvel is negligible

Deadpool is popular because of memes but he was always a leading man

Harley went from sidekick to star in a very short amount of time

Dibs on the blue one.
But yeah, this looks awfull.

>The only good female characters are either really bad role models or horrible mary sues
Not so fast!

Way to proves user point

Harley isn't even that bad. She is a very popular and DC is giving the people what they want.

>all of a sudden
She was one of the most popular characters in the DCAU when it was airing, even BTAS.

The Arkham games just brought it back after the not-so-popular The Batman for a new generation who may have been too young to have seen BTAS when it first started airing.

>that green faggot

this piece of shit character is the definition of ''look at me! I'm a special snowflake!''

Cred Forums you've made at least 4-5 bait threads about comics you've never read.
I know you're afraid that big meanie hiroshima is gonna shut your shit hole down but there really isn't any reason you need to come shitpost about it here.

>i'm a special snowflake
>that's why im copying two characters
uh...

>WW is no longer popular
She was never popular, you nutsack. She's always been "iconic".

>Bloody Mary from Marvel
Literally never heard of her until now and I've been a comic reader for 20 years.

>She was never popular, you nutsack

IT'S

>this is a thing
>that green tranny (?)

It just a gay dude. IIRC Palmiotti and/or Conner said that the Gangs were based on cosplayers they meet during cons

I thought that was Dick for a second.

Thats a really bad role model user.

Comic books don't sell enough to influence an entire generation.

If anything the majority of these sales are going to come from 20-somethings who haven't realized that outside of their little bubble most of society finds them annoying because they're trying to hard to stand out and be different with no substance under their weirdness.

So fucking funny that more often than not people shit on Gwenpool the moment they see her being posted

Clearly only waifu fags care

meh, kids nowdays don't read comics

i mean they will be turned into special snowflakes but it will be because of the stupid youtube let's player thing

>implying DC won't push their top seller
the three pillars of DC are Batman, Harley, and Joker

You do realize that the term special snowflake is incredibly old right? Like when do you think people started calling people on deviantart special snowflake? This preceded the time of youtube lets players.

Here is a hint for you, everyone wants to be unique. Everyone wants to stand out in some way because being able to get attention is almost entirely beneficial in western civilization.

She's extremely sexy and presents herself as a slut who don't need no man. Plus she has a lesbian relationship with Ivy.

That alone makes her a perfect tumblrite wet dream so it's no wonder she's popular.

Gwenpool is almost like a parody of the idea that they're playing straight with Harley Quinn.

She's a near constant fuck-up, that dumbly acts her way through situations she doesn't really understand, yet succeeds and is highly regarded by everyone (except Batroc, who knows the truth and is covering her ass).

I really REALLY wanna see which Cosplayer the Gay Green Harley is based on now.

>and Joker
I hate this meme. Try again when Joker has a solo ongoing series (not a mini or OGN) that consistently sells high numbers.

Why is he covering her ass again? I never got past the second issue

Didn't that happen more or less as Joker went completely to shit?

The art style makes it look like it's from 10 years ago.

By met you mean fucked, right?

Sure

The difference is that Harley has always been presented as a competent supervillain so no it's parody.

But Gwen is a terrible role model.

It's just the next evolution of the goth/scene/emo kids. If it wasn't Harley it'd be something else.

>this rainbow of faggotry
Was Harley Quinn a mistake?

nu52 was the mistake.

I will never get why Harley, a woman in an abusive relationship who was literally driven insane by her man and was a non-character outside of her interaction with Joker and Ivy, got the spotlight and fan appreciation over someone like Catwoman, who controlled her own sexuality, and was an independent person.

Selena is a much better role model than Harley any day of the week, but I guess the lesbian angle trumped everything else.

Makes sense, I guess, Powergirl's best run was a lesbian pollen run too.

They were previously all red and black before. Now they're more like power Rangers or Ninja Turtles. You saying PR and TMNT is gay, son?

Isn't that pretty much how it works?

Of course not. With PR and TMNT I don't get the crawling suspicion that they'll be fighting against the patriarchy or gender norms or some other bullshit. Just by looking at Harely Quinn cover I feel that's basically what I'm in for.
How far off base am I?

>Catwoman, who controlled her own sexuality, and was an independent person.
Catwoman is a thief. She accrues wealth through other people's efforts, not by her own. That's not independent.

Meanwhile, Harley broke away from her abusive relationship, and managed to establish her own operation of anti-heroes. Harley may need a killer and a nut job, but at least she does something good for the community once in a while.

When did Harley become such a cringey Deadpool rip off? Is Nu52 to blame?

>they'll be fighting against the patriarchy or gender norms or some other bullshit.
If you read any of her comics, you would know that's never been the case. Palmiotti and Conner aren't about that life.

I don't even hate Gwenpool but I think she technically fulfills both those requirements

Not true at all

>my suspicion turns out to wrong
Oh thank fuck for that

Yep

This. Mera is the best female in comics. DC should really push her more.

Like bombing hundreds of kids and killing and stuffing a woman in a bag, just because she was doing her job working in airport

Not canon :^)

This is the worst thing about Harley fans. You pull out all the stops to try and defend her, rationalizing everything she's done, but you will never admit the truth. The only reason she is popular is the Ivy Lesbian angle. Without that she'd just be another Joker's daughter.

You like cheesecake and (lipstick) lesbians. That's Harley's only redeeming quality.

>and was a non-character outside of her interaction with Joker and Ivy

You realize this is Harley's second solo series and her third overall series?

kids these days don't read comics

And if you were to describe her character without talking about her relationship with Joker and Ivy what would you say?

Here I'll help you out:
Crazy murdering psycho, who is also funny, sometimes. Female Deadpool.

What a wonderful role model!

>The only reason she is popular is the Ivy Lesbian angle. Without that she'd just be another Joker's daughter.
There are plenty of lesbian characters who aren't as popular as Harley. Or are you saying that Poison Ivy's vagina specifically is some type of catalyst to mainstream success?

Honestly Harley should never be considered a role model. But she's not popular for being a role model. She's popular because she's a fun and colorful character.

Catwoman can go in the trash where she belongs.

>are you saying that Poison Ivy's vagina specifically is some type of catalyst to mainstream success
Yes.

Harley was popular long before they made her bisexual rather then besties with Ivy.

You see way waaaaay more fanart and cosplays of Harley/Joker than you ever do of Harley/Ivy.

Same like how you almost never see nu52 Harley cosplays, they're almost entirely B:TAS Harley or occasionally Arkham Harley. (And we'll see if Suicide Squad Harley cosplays stick around.)

which is the point OP is saying she is not popular

It's one of Typhoid Mary's split personalities. Typhoid Mary is one of Daredevil's enemies from Nocenti's run.

Pretty sure that last one was in her book.

Kids haven't picked their favorite characters based on role-model-ness since the 50s.
Also people identify with victims because they think they're victims themselves.

I am.

Ms. Marvel (Kamala) is great, though I haven't read past her first volume so I don't know if she's still any good.

Because Harley is funny.

He means Carol Danvers user, also:

"Harley is funny"
In that case Plastic man should be DC's front runner instead of Batman because he is funny

>He means Carol Danvers user
Yes, and I'm suggesting a good female character that counters what he said about "the only good female characters are either really bad role models or horrible mary sues."

>In that case Plastic man should be DC's front runner instead of Batman because he is funny
Harley is sexier.

Who the fuck reads comics?

Does this actually have fans?
I know Harley sold well last month but I doubt the same people are going to continue

I'm a fan but I always trade wait

It's not only kids. This girl I was dating got so into Harley Quinn after SS came out that I had to break up with her. We're talking smeared lipstick, pigtails, a fuckin' Puddin' choker from Hot Topic.
I banged her as Harley first, 10/10

Why didn't you just wait until the fad was done?

Kids dont read comics anymore retard.

When will this meme die? Tons of kids are always at my lcs.

I'm curious, what super heroes are they actually into?

How does DC keep trying to pass Harley off like a good guy when she does shit like blow up hundreds of people around Gotham?

Define "kids" and what do they buy?

Not him, but I've seen kids pick up random Batman back issues for the most part. And when I got to B&N, I'll sometimes see kids and their parents looking for trades. Again, Batman for the most part. The youngins fucking love Batman, it seems.

How lame but typical.

Everyone loves Batman

> ruining Bibbo any further

please no

That's not Bibbo, it's the Popeye-like character Captain Strong

>nutsack
TITO DICK, DICKMAN, BABY!

So....is no one else bothered by the fact that they're pushing Harley Quinn, a psychotic murderer and the poster child for domestic abuse and Stockholm Syndrome, to children?

Chaotic good. She's not the first anti hero to kill.

>being this fucking casual

please no

I was going to remind you that Suicide Squad is rated R and that her comics are rated T and that kids always have had a history of being attracted to "grown up" stuff but then I remember this was a thing.

>implying modern kids look up to actual comics for role models

It's really just the big characters of the MCU.

shes a psychologist that goes through anything to help her patients and those in need.

Suicide Squad is PG-13.

What?

All Harley ever does is fuck up.