If Rebirth ever proves to actually deliver for its two year build-up, would the notion of Didio being bad finally die...

If Rebirth ever proves to actually deliver for its two year build-up, would the notion of Didio being bad finally die? Why is he the scape goat? From the first hand accounts I've read of people interacting with him, he sounds like a sweet heart. I don't have much but here's a few examples

>weeklycomicbookreview.com/2013/10/21/my-nycc-experience-pt-4/
>Didio comforting a characterfag
>cbr.com/sdcc-11-listen-to-dan-didio-respond-to-the-fan-who-told-dc-to-hire-women/
>Didio BTFO "MOAR WIMEN IN COMICS"
>bleedingcool.com/2016/05/12/why-are-we-still-complaining-about-dan-didio-michael-davis-from-the-edge/
>A guy also backing Dan Didio

Other urls found in this thread:

savagecritic.com/retailing/the-case-against-dan-didio
io9.gizmodo.com/paul-dini-superhero-cartoon-execs-dont-want-largely-f-1483758317
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dude ruined Beast Machines. I'll never forgive him for that.

> would the notion of Didio being bad finally die?

hah, no. he is the reason why new 52 sucked and why we needed a rebirth in the first place.

he's the true manhattan and that won't change.

johns redeemed himself though

>would the notion of Didio being bad
Why the fuck do you care so much?

He's a shit writer and a worse manager. Countdown and the whole river of shit coming from the Identity Crisis all the way to Convergence is what you get when you leave him to his own devices. DCYou and Rebirth is just him "finally" (11+ years later?) listening to what people are asking for.

Think with your fucking brain for once.

You can be a sweet heart and still be bad at a job.

>From the first hand accounts I've read of people interacting with him, he sounds like a sweet heart.

Who cares? I never get why people bring up stuff like this when we're talking about someone's work. A person can be a genuinely nice, sweet person and also incompetent and a fuck up.

People aren't saying DiDio is, personally, a monster, they're saying he sucks at his job.

He supports rape culture, fyi.

Don't we all, friend? Don't we all?

This, Rob Leifield is supposed to be a super nice guy too, but that doesn't make him a good artist

>he is the reason why new 52 sucked
No, Jim Lee and Bob Harras are. The entire relaunch reeks of them.

Liefeld is even worse than your standard prick.

Yeah, he's a nice guy in person, but if you read about him he has a long history of backstabbing people, first with Marvel then with Image. He's the kind of guy who will smile to your face then stab you the second you turn around.

>he sucks at his job
But that's wrong.

But Didio isn't bad at his job.

Countdown was them trying to recapture 52. Identity Crisis was them trying to capture whatever Marvel was doing at the time. Convergence wasn't even bad. You're saying as if he has no good ideas or that he never stepped in and did things people actually liked, off the top of my head
>Gotham Central
>All those fringe New 52 Books
>DCYou
>All those low selling titles not getting cancelled
>Hanna Barbera Line

also
>Shit Writer
>What was OMAC
>What was Forever People
>What was Wednesday Comics Metal Men
>What was some of 52
>What was Batcow (Yeah he wrote Batcow during Batman Inc)

>He was the reason why New 52 sucked
Nigga he was the reason why a lot of New 52 were these cool experimental titles of characters you wouldn't expect to have books, and a good number of them were good.

I don't know enough about what he does to say if he is or not. I was just making a general statement that being a nice person doesn't necessarily mean you'd be good at a job.

I agree, it is wrong to suck at your job.

Don't forget he also pushed hard for the post-Infinite Crisis Blue Beetle even when its sales weren't doing well.

>johns redeemed himself though

Nu52 was something Didio, Lee, and Harras did TO Johns. It was inflicted upon him the same way it was inflicted on us.

>Convergence wasn't even bad

I'll give you the tie ins but the main book was bad.

A FUCKING LEAF

Didio kept a lot of good titles out of the chopping block, and New52's launch lineup was incredibly diverse and fun, real shame cape comic fans aren't interested in branching out to military or horror.

>some of 52
Not just "some of 52", but the entire conclusion to the Ralph Dibny arc, which is one of the greatest ever superhero deaths.

No. No matter what he does, the fac that he had to do Rebirth is because he did New 52 in the first place. He ruined the DCU and it's going to take years to put it back into form. But I'll give him credit for at least recognizing he fucked up royally.

I met Dan DiDio in a convention in my country almost 2 years ago. He is a cool guy and the ambient was chill and relaxed so I said in a friendly and humorous tone "Man, why did you ruin the DCU?". He laughed hard and said "Yeah, we fucked up, but we're going to work to fix it". So the idea of doing Rebirth may be in his head for a little while.

does didio actually do anything nowadays? i figured that he was above the day to day comics stuff.

i guess people can't blame Johns bc he's the fanboy done good

Objectively wrong, 2010 era DC had a miserable, low quality line of books, and though New52 fucked with the canon, the line was leagues above Pre-Flashpoint, let's not even compare the excellent Rebirth books with all the fucking JT Krul books and Robinson JL.

The problem with The New 52 was simple; it didn't deviate enough from the established history. They had a chance to update, rebuild, renew all the heroes and villains, but then some stories still needed Pre-Flashpoint material to be read, some things just stayed the same, like Green Lantern, and then some stuff didn't make sense at all.

However, Rebirth has been GOAT so far, so keep it up Dan, Geoff, and Jim.

I doubt it because people will either bring up Abhay Khosla's article or Abhay himself will write another article.

savagecritic.com/retailing/the-case-against-dan-didio

He was also the guy that outed the real reason for Young Justice's cancellation
io9.gizmodo.com/paul-dini-superhero-cartoon-execs-dont-want-largely-f-1483758317

>"Some things are just objectively stupid ideas. DC’s big idea for DC Rebirth is objectively fucking stupid"

He sounds condescending. The Manhattan pitch is only see as bad because of the pedigree not the idea itself. The concept of other dimensional god from one universe drops by to mess with another world is pretty spot on. Never mind that he has written off the even on such a childish note. I'm not comfortable with them using watchman material but say this event was somehow done in the late 80's would we have such a reaction or would we wait to see what stories it brought?

I'm sorry but Rebirth is the usual at DC as opposed to Marvel where every choice seems to be either to exploit collectors or piss off fans

>Rebirth

You Johns' fix to Dan's idiot Ultimate DC? Yeah no. If it works, it is from a standpoint of sales, then it proves Dan's a fucking idiot for his changes to Superman, Flash, and the Titans.

No one cares aboutabout your top ten clickbait article, Abhay Khosla.

I always wondered if he and Tucker Stone post here anonymously.

Whatever good he does will always be mired by Beast Machines.

5 years later, still relevant.

not as much as you do

>blaming Dan for Rebirth
>not Bob Harras

wew lad

>Didiot

Herald needs to kill himself.

14 years going after one person is pathetic.

Nu52 is Harras.

Rebirth is Johns.

The only thing Didio did was go for a reboot to save his job. Everything else was Jim and Bob.

Wait this is this first I have heard of this. He worked on Beast Machines?

>getting mad at a sub par cgi cartoon of 16 years ago
are TF fans that insufferable?

lead creator of the first season.
ideas he pitch to writers of season 1:
Key to Vector sigma
A traitor to the maximals from BW twist
The waspinator twist
Megatron's "illness"

And Jonah Hex. And Manhunter.

>didio
>not bad

It wasn't necessary AT ALL to shit on the DCU to improve the quality of the books. In fact most of the good books ironically were the ones that didn't require of a reboot to do it!

Wouldn't have putting GOOD writers been enough?

>In fact most of the good books ironically were the ones that didn't require of a reboot to do it!
>Soule and maybe Synder Swamp Thing
>Lemire Animal Man
>Azz' Wonder Woman
>Lemire Green Arrow
>Morrison Action Comics
>Paktion Comics
>OMAC
>Demon Knights
>Frankenstein
>Johns Aquaman
>Some other shit I can't think of right now
no these all needed the Reboot to work, arguably maybe not the last few but they still retconned a decent chunk of the character.

You hear this meme, and you repeat it, but try to think for a sec, stuff like Slade's TITANS, Lex being a clone and all the shitty, destructive and unremarkable writers like Nocenti or Grayson have been phased out, whilke almost all stories worth remembering were incorporated into the new continuity anyway, which is now being further improved with Rebirth and the incoming Zero Hour-ish event.

And on the launch lineup alone great stuff like Grant's Action, Azzarelo's Wondie, Lemire's Arrow, Johns' Aquaman or Demon Knights absolutely needed the reboot, nevermind the new possibilities of criminally underrated Wildstorm and Milestone characters, with at least Midnighter shining in his series and Grayson.

Swamp Thing didn't reboot at all though. It's a continuation of what went before. Neither did Animal Man

>Neither did Animal Man
What, the Red was an entirely new addition to his mythos and it wasn't till the end did Lemire retcon back Buddy's Power Source to being the Morphogenic Field and even that was pretty vague.

Swamp Thing I guess is.

Morrison's Action run is maybe the only thing that required one from that list and probably could have just worked as an in-universe origin retcon even though Johns already did an origin cleanup with Secret Origin.

I think you don't remember pre-Flashpoint DC well.

Didio's in charge so he's the scapegoat. The guy in charge is always the scapegoat.

There's more Animal Man runs, other than Lemire and Grant, you know? It has been already been linked on Veicht's run, and even if it wasn't, it wouldn't need a reboot.

>>Soule and maybe Synder Swamp Thing

Did it really? Cause Brightest Day brought Alec Holland himself back to life.

>Convergence wasn't even bad.
Come on user, it was pretty bad. It had a couple alright minis, but overall it wasn't worth the time it took to read. They could have done something far better to make up for the two-month hiatus that moving caused.

>What, the Red was an entirely new addition to his mythos

Yeah it was, but they explained that the Red orchestrated how Animal Man got his powers an made it look like aliens. It was new but it didn't reboot anything

so is Lee and Johns user. Heck there's also Bob Harass and Diane Nelson.

Nigga what? Wonder Woman literally has different interpretations of the gods. Lemire Arrow isn't even nowhere near similar to OG Ollie. Aquaman wasn't even married to Mera no more and Ocean Master was back to being in with the Atlanteans. Fuck Superman had his fucking parents die, do you seriously think that can just be retconned? Aside from Batman and Green Lantern and maybe Flash the team suffered from deep tampering.

It was mediocre at worst, it's not as bad as any of the past few Marvel Events and at least not as forgettable. It had a bunch of solid minis too

Bob Harass deserves all the shit he gets and more. Didio, Lee and Johns tend to get blamed for shit they had nothing to do with, although all of them have marks of shame on their own.

It was mediocre at best and at worst, because mediocre is absolutely the definitive word for Convergence. It has a handful of minis that are okay (the absolute BEST of them are ones that ignore the event entirely and just do a short story, which is telling) but many of them were just trash and absolutely weren't worth the two-month hiatus that the event came with. As an event, it was an absolute disaster with nothing to care about outside of some cameos from nostalgic characters.