Has any major war plotline ever worked?

>can't think of a single good thing about it
>posts the six good things about it

>Orlando Shazam
>King GL
>Batman never leaving his chair
>Superman demanding food
>Scott and Barda

But yeah, the actual "war" was pretty eh' Anti Monitor v Darkseid was laughably short

These
Covers
Checkmate

There were a lot of good scenes and moments but as a whole it was shitty

Gotta love how the antimonitor was defeated in one single panel.

Tie-ins were fun as fuck even if I bet those fourteen Shazamfags REEEEEEEEEEEEEEED because not muh SHAZAM powers.

You just posted them tho

>14 Shazam fags
You mean those 6 Captain Marvel fags who can't let it go

I liked Green Lantern and Shazam.

wait, no god power for wondy?

It is really clear how little shits Johns gave after the first 4 or 5 issues since presumably they knew by then that DCYou was a failure and they needed to get rid of it

What?
It was the oposite, they were happy most of Johns introduced changes were gone. I remember i pointed out they were hypocrites in the thread, they were happy the gods were back and didnt care about Billy being a jerk.

this

>Hey guise, what if the jla WERE GAWDZ!?!!

The storytimes were great tho, some people pretending to be hyped, the negativity greater and greater as the issues were storytimed, by the time of the last 2 one of the guys doing the storytime was openly calling his own storytime garbage and some Johnsfags got triggered hard.

Secret Wars

>>Scott and Barda
and even that was broke up

Some of these covers make great wallpapers for phones.

Your argument is already refuted OP.

you mean Hickman's? Cause that one had a fantastic set up for a crap event

This.
And it stands out because it got a follow up series, and then another, and then it ended with the actual Reboot.

Tie-ins were awesome, expecially Shazam and GL. The main event was kinda good overall for my taste, but rushed as fuck in the second half. Many of the shitty game-changing plotpoint would have been way better with more issues for breathing them in.

>I can't think of a single good thing about it
>> Fabok
>> Manapul
>> The GL one shot was one of the best GL stories I have ever encountered.
>> Grail is a mary sue but is still menacing as fuck with a great design.
>> Darkseid being menacing again for the first time in the new 52 for the most part.
>> Good use of Mister Miracle.
>> Good Diana characterization & use.
>> Good battles & fight scenes.

>Fabok
>good

No fucking fantastic, he has the style of Finch & Jim Lee without almost any of their flaws.
One of the best Wonder Woman artist & designers ever.

>that
>fucking fantastic
>having the style of Finch & Jim Lee is somehow a good thing
I want plebs to leave.

>Darkseid being menacing again for the first time in the new 52 for the most part.

Yes it was very menacing when Darkseid showed up just to be one shotted like a bitch in his own so called war.

>Good battles & fight scenes.

The battles and fight scenes were anticlimactic as fuck and the worst thing about this so called "war."

>>Good Diana characterization & use
It was terrible, her inner dialogue was probably one of the things that made some of the issues not only slow, but also filled with retarded stuff.
>>Good battles & fight scenes

Now i know you are baiting

>>Darkseid being menacing again for the first time in the new 52 for the most part.

Is this a Joke? Darkseid was one of the worst parts.

>most of Johns introduced changes were gone.

The only thing that changed was that Orlando reintroduced the pantheon. Everything else was basically the same.

Its a good thing when you lack their flaws.
Fuck off you house style hating mother fucker.
>Yes it was very menacing when Darkseid showed up just to be one shotted like a bitch in his own so called war.
No before that when he was fucking with Miracle.
>It was terrible
It was a million times better then her characterization in the Graves arc.
>but also filled with retarded stuff.
Such as?

>not NGayman563
5/10 see me after clasd

>It was a million times better then her characterization in the Graves arc.

Thats not hard at all.

Erica, you have more shitty art to do. Leave.

>if you don't like this shitty artist, you must like this other shitty artist
You're not a very bright individual.

The bit where flash starts chasing death made me laugh pretty hard.

>All that cool shit
>It takes them 5 chapters to lose all the powers except the Mobious chair
>Mobious chair lasts 6 chapters
>SHAZAM never gets to interact with J'ohn
>Batman fails to find out who the 3 Jokers where, while on the chair

>why was darkseid war so shitty
Grail
>I can't think of a single good thing about it
Lex luthor ruler of apokalips (which was instantly droped), babyseid.

And of course the justice league gods specials.

So what are the chances of getting this amazing new character in the movies?

This is the biggest use of knowledge batman had in the entire series. The other are "they want the baby" and "who killed my parents"

Everything related to Marvel Cosmic 2005-2011

it made me laugh alot

>Why was Darkseid War so shitty?
Decompression. Nothing of substance actually HAPPENS for a long ass time.

Darkseid War is sort of a microcosm of what's wrong with modern comics. Pencil thin story stretched out across multiple issues, characterization nearly non-existent, lack of direction or focus, too many meaningless fight scenes, double page spreads.... It's all such a bland mess.

Remember when they brought Ultraman back, then killed him by the end of the issue?

Remember when they were so insistent about how they couldn't allow the Anti-monitor to get to the Mobius chair for some reason, then he just died and it never mattered?

Remember when the main plot ignored all the oneshot tie-ins (Clark is still crazy/doesn't realize he's out of control when he gets back from Jimmy interaction, Hal says it took all his will to force his way away from the Mother-ring, when it was about realizing Gods have no will, Billy gaining old god powers, then not using them, then losing them, Flash's mini not having anything at all in it)?

Remember when they spent all that time introducing Kalibak and the other New Gods, who didn't matter?

Remember when the GLC was around because...uh...

Remember when Captain Cold and Lex's sister just never appeared again?

Remember when they teased Aquaman appearing?

Remember when they teased Shazam using the lightning on Cyborg?

Dont forget about the god of knowledge telling his team mates to attack when they have an opening. Or the anti-monitor telling us he missed killing wioth his own hands

Here's some questions since I want to read this and haven't and I don't care about spoilers...

>Does Darkseid die? Has he even been killed?

>Also, is New Genesis playing any part of this?

>Does New Genesis have an army at all? Like parademon equivalents?

>Has there ever been a straight all out war between the two? It always seems like they're in truce mode.

I really need to hunt down all of Kirby's stuff on the subject too.

>single good thing

It ended Geoff Johns Justice League.

I know, I know, I need to read more comic but you know how these things work. Everything fucking changes all the time with Crises' and reboots and what not.

Invasion, LOSH Darkseid took over Daxam's population, and I'd argue Our Worlds at War was actually better in hindsight.

I'm so tired of hearing about Steve Orlando and Tom King. I feel like /co may have the second worst tastes around.

Hopefully never desu.

>thinking its the powers, not NuBilly that pisses Captain Marvel fans off.

>Captain Cold

It still hurts. It hurts so bad.

I remember lex's sister going 'PRAISE DARKSEID' and dissapearing. Was that ever mentioned again?

But then you got Hitch Justice League, which is even worse.

So long as DC throws oldfags a bone every so often with the traditional Captain Marvel, I'm fine with the new version.

Convergence and Multiversity treated me well. And Scooby-Doo Team Up.

The Superwoman ongoing is actually covering it, to my surprise.

This.

Fuck off, you tasteless pleb.

Go back to tumblr.

>waah stopping liking what I hate

shut up you little bitch

Scathing faggot. Did you type that at your grade school?

>Triggered

>Flash's mini not having anything at all in it?
Because it was the best mini.
The entire page sequence of Barry trying to cheat the Racer, and then realizing thats a lose scenario is amazing.

>Fabokfags calling other people tasteless plebs
top kek

the idea of shazam getting powers from alien gods is sick as hell

thats the only nice thing i can say

Oh hey, it's another "house style is boring, muh tumblr fanart" episode.

At least it's better than Marvel's shit tier events

House style IS boring. It's the same ugly comic book style that has been in effect for ages.

>"B-BUT T-TUMBLR!!!"
You can't dismiss an argument by yelling 'Tumblr' at it, user. That's not how life works.

Darkseid war should have just been a single standard length noncanon one shot of darkseid fighting rhe antimonitor without any context.

NONE
STOP
ACTION

>House style IS boring.
No.

Compelling argument.

What makes Fabok's interior work special? Post some great layouts or action scenes from him.

lol, not even that user, but look at these bitches

This.
In fact, it's actually what I was hoping for when I first read Justice League 41, and my disappointment grew since.

The threads were sad, some people sayind "it will get better in the next issue"

>I can't draw house style

I get the feeling people who bitch about house style are just wannabe artists who can never imitate it. I'd love to see some of these art snobs try to do what someone like Ivan Reis does.

He is saying it's boring and he is right. House style makes comics look like Marvel movies.