Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/gorillaz/
youtube.com/watch?v=KBcJeDeYs0c
youtube.com/watch?v=Yr5ZWYRaAyw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Woah woah woah hold the fuck up

Oh shit nigga, new Gorillaz content?

instagram.com/gorillaz/

It must have been a really fucking intense battle for Noodle to end up in Japan. Wasn't Plastic Beach at the most isolated place in the ocean?

Fuck Noodle, I want to see what happened to 2D afterwards.

>Noodle will never escape her past.

Awesome stuff.

So, is Do Ya Thing not canon? She was living with them there. Maybe that takes place after this?

Maybe this just puts Do Ya Thing even later in the timeline than we all originally thought? Or maybe this is how they're gonna fill in some of the gaps between PB and now/DYT.

>dem legs

YES!!!

Ooooh snaaap! Are they doing prologues for all the band members, or are they going with an oriental theme for phase 4?

Anytime they are gonna announce the new album

SOON, BABY

I would be 100% fine with a Noodle "solo album" and the record company will be too if it spawns more "DARE"s
That being said, who knows where this shit is going

That would be cool.

I wonder if they will have japanese singers as guest stars. Maybe some J-pop songs?

DARE is only good because of the music video

noodle is such a qt

The song is good, senpai.

>DARE is only good because of the video
leave

DARE's a pretty bland pop song and very overrated, but I'm fine if they make can make a successor to it.

A Noodle solo album would be cool and I'm hoping for more Empire Ants and Hong Kong.

All I'm hoping for is that it doesn't sound too much like Plastic beach/The Fall. I like how distinct each phase has been so far. Also this instagram stuff better lead to an interactive website soon.

>Japanese themed album
>We will have Vocaloids as guest stars

oh boy

>composited pics instead of real animation
ehhh... I'll take it for the new music, but so far I'm not impressed by the art.

Ew no, I want Shonen Knife and more Little Dragon

What are you talking about? It was always like this

It is most likely a teaser for an interactive video/game. They have done it before.

APRIL... ISH

There's a lot of Gorillaz art that looks like that
I also think more of that was drawn by Jamie than you seem to think

well yeah, they have always done mixed media shit with the art. But usually stuff like 3dcg, miniature models, or live actors. this specific style of using static cutouts for characters has always looked like shit to me.

To each their own, I guess. I've always loved eclectic cut-out stuff like this. I think it's very representative of Gorillaz' sound (and hip-hop generally).

Sure I'd rather have animation or a full illustration, but this works for me too. I'd rather have this than 3D models, personally. Jamie's personality is always lost for me in those 3D models.

have you ever been to their website? it all looks like this, perhaps with a bit more drawn characters.

Yeah photo compositing has been a defined look for Kong Studios since its inception

I think it's an interesting way of melding cartoon characters and real life, and making the real life look uncanny instead.

Rise of the Ogre is full of this shit fampai

there is a difference between using photo composition for background and establishing shots, and using it for characters. I feel like it always ends up looking cheap and uncanny-valley, especially when you have the cardboard cut-out people interacting with other style characters. I'm not trying to troll or shitpost, but that's just, like, my opinion man.

Gorillaz has been doing animation + real photos of people and places since their first fucking album. Leave, pleb

So it begins. Phase 4.
This could be in 2D's "Book"

>The implications of Demon Days 2

Okay that's good but WHEN'S P SIDES

You mean 'Sea Sides'

bump for HYPE

youtube.com/watch?v=KBcJeDeYs0c
G-sides is gone from spotify sadly.

DARE is more along the lines of house and nu-disco with a "rapper" on it, and that didn't become pop for Americans until the late 2000s.

I still have it.

>Empire Ants
>Hong Kong
>patrician taste

But you can't not groove to DARE

Is gone for me.
That sucks since D-sides is still there.

I gotta try traveling via FedEx crate. Noodle seems to be an expert at it by now.

I know it would have been insanely expensive to do so but god damn, the book of Noodle should have been animated like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yr5ZWYRaAyw

>tfw no animated film verson of Damon and Jamie's Journey to the West opera
It hurts too fucking much, guys.

How the fuck did she end up in Japan?

Would these fucks get the fucking story straight already?

It obviously takes place sometime between Plastic Beach and the Do Ya Thing video.

I hope this takes place before DoYaThing. I want her to be happy.

No shit, sherlock. Point is, we don't need more random shit when we still haven't even gotten a proper conclusion to plastic beach.

Rhinestone eyes ended on a fucking cliffhanger

Anybody have those posts that explain the story?

Who gives a fuck honestly? After the blue balling that was plastic beach.

Still waiting for noodle vs cyborg

Oh user... Noodle actually dismantled Cyborg as it malfunctioned.

I would see that battle animated

>It's not a comic
How disappointing

Ops. that's the end.

>Arcade Fire

This reminds me of navigating kong studios flash website back in the 00's. The photo composition was used heavily and it made for a really trippy experience.