So how could they revitalize the Avengers line?

So how could they revitalize the Avengers line?

The Avengers right now are even worse than it was when Bendis was running shit

First thing I would do is remove Waid

Do a good villain arc

most of Waids ANAD Avengers was petty shit while guys like Tony and Sam were fighting more pertinent shit in their solo books.

They need a strong Thanos-level threat and not one that gets taken down in 2 issues. Like a fucking event level threat, except not in an event

supposed to be Earth's mightiest heroes and they're fighting a bunch of weak-ass jobbers

Step 1: Stop getting Alex Ross to do these covers. Marvel covers in general. He's too good for this shit.
Step 2: Get rid of Black Cap and Whor.
Step 3: Get rid of Waid
Step 4. End Marvel comics

Problem solved.

>Stop getting Alex Ross to do these covers. Marvel covers in general. He's too good for this shit.

yeah? who would you rather have? one of your meme cover artists like Frank Cho? Alex Ross is fucking good

>Frank Cho?
Choose is finally free from Marvel so no, I would not want him to go back.

>Alex Ross is fucking good
This is literally what I already said. He should be working on books worthy of his time and effort. Doesn't even have to be DC. Could be any other good book.

Turn Carol into a Villain. The Avengers now go back to being a team with a mission and a dilemma.

Replace FemThor with Sif. That's it. The "successor Avengers" is a great concept for a lineup that's only going to last a year or so anyway.
It deserves a better writer than Waid and better characters than Jane, but it's otherwise well-chosen. Also, it brings back Hercules.

So what line up would you use?

I honestly believe the Avengers line should be cut down to two books and maybe a teen book.

>Turn Carol into a Villain

but that's already happening right now

just because she rolls with SHIELD and them doesn't mean she's good

Why would you get rid of Waid first?

He's the only one currently writing a half decent Avengers run.

>So what line up would you use?

Blue Marvel, Clint Barton, Phil Coulson, D-Man, Daredevil, Storm, and Karnak

>The Avengers right now are even worse than it was when Bendis was running shit
Line up wise, yes.
Mike Del Mundo is on art so at least the interiors would be awesome.
>Stop getting Alex Ross to do these covers. Marvel covers in general
Wish he was doing covers for Unworthy Thor.
>Step 2: Get rid of Black Cap and Whor.
Agreed on Lib Cap, disagree on Whor, she is better then no Thor.
Cho is good, Ross is greater.

I miss secret avengers
It wasn't really a cohesive series at all, probably had 7 or more relaunches, but it was still a fun concept
The fact that it got replaced with AoS is really depressing to me

this is the best the Avengers has been in decades. the hell you talking about.

>Why would you get rid of Waid first?
Because he is a social justice pushing piece of fucking shit & he is all about the "save individuals in the heat of battle even if that risk hundreds/millions dying because you didn't focus on the threat" god damn bullshit that has no place in modern comics.

>He's the only one currently writing a half decent Avengers run.
Uncanny is much better right now.
Strongly seconded.

get off Cred Forums Mark

Oh, you're one of those. Cry more you basement dwelling faggot. Waid is the best writer currently on any of the Avengers books.

eat it grandpa

Coming from someone that likes Waid is hilarious

>Change the team
This team feels.. off. Not just about whor and blacktain America, I actually don't care about them. have Iron Man, Hercules, Spidey, Vision, Wasp, Thor, and Cap. Solid start, but a bit predictable. I would swap Thor and Spidey, maybe for Wonder Man and a surprise B/C lister.

>Change the villains
As someone in this bread pointed out, the villains have been totally unremarkable. Even in bendis' days, we had shit like Kang, the Infinity Gauntlet, and Ultron running around, and those weren't events, but rather contained in the Avengers books. That works a lot better than watching these heroes beat up random mooks.

>change the writer

obvious

Killing the line doesn't revitalize it. By definition, the problem is not solved.

You can't fix your partner's work on a group project by choosing to burn it and not turn anything in. That just makes you a shitty partner.

that's the joke.jpeg

>SHIELD
>Considered good literally days after Pleasant Hill fiasco

I mean, they literally said that Maria now has no power and is employed only as a figurehead. And then she goes and deploys troops for the Civil War 2.

Carol and Maria should get married and have an abusive controlling relationship

>disagree on Whor, she is better then no Thor
She was in all major fights in Civil War 2. Can you name one character she fought? Or defeated? Why have her if she's always in the background doing literally nothing?

in Hell. What is it with marvel writing "strong female characters in executive roles" as complete and utter fucking cunts?

that's an event problem not a Thor problem

Kill Waid, Slott and Bendis
Marvel gets 300% better

Spidey's leaving after one issue, as always.

Agreed. In fact just two days ago I found the Ellis run in hardcover on sale for $5 at an LCS. About to reread it later.

>The Avengers right now are even worse than it was when Bendis was running shit
No, they're really not.

>Alex Ross is fucking good
That's the point. Marvel doesn't deserve good covers. He should be working at DC on Rebirth, not wasting his talents shilling meme-gargbage.