A strange, yet evil mastermind is hosting a fighting tournament. Each of the men in pic related have to fight...

A strange, yet evil mastermind is hosting a fighting tournament. Each of the men in pic related have to fight, to move to the next round. Who takes the win? Who takes the cake!?

Round 1: Spiderman vs Akuma
Round 2: Batman vs Terry Bogard
Round 3: Iron Fist vs Kayuza
Round 4: Shiva vs Johnny Cage
Round 5: Round 1 vs Round 2 winner
Round 6: Round 3 vs Round 4 winner
Round 7: Round 5 vs Round 6 winner
Round 8: Vs the tournament host.

I'm not familiar with fighting game stories, OP. Though they always did interest me. Wanna fill me in?

Comic characters wreck the Fighting Game chars. Comes down to IF vs Spider-man, which could go either way.

Which ones? I will tell you what I can.

this
creators actually devote time to making fighting game characters balanced, but comic characters usually have at least one overpowered loophole in their abilities.

SF is the most confusing. What with all the alternate endings/editions/etc. The wiki is mostly full of bullshit that is either pure fanwank or forced connections brought about by half-assed translations.

But mostly, I blame Capcom because of their failure to release plot data in the US.

Ok...here you go.
SF1: Ryu joins the SF tourny and fight Sagat and loses, go satsu no hado on him and knocks him out with a dragon uppercut when Sagat was trying to help him up. Sagat gets scar.

SFA series: Ryu is still being ryu and seeking out Akuma to test his fist, meanwhile Bison(Vega) leader of shadowloo learns of the power of hado, and wants Ryu as a new vessel for his power. A new body. More of less the story of Alpha 1-3. Oh yeah Bison's body explodes from too much power and Ryu and Ken beating his ass

SF2: Bison is back with a new body and hosts another tourny, Akuma swoops in and kills him. To fight Ryu. Ryu loses(other will say it was a draw), and Akuma more or less tells him to get gud again like in the past(Alpha).

SF4-SF5: Ryu trying to overcome the dark hado, Satsu no Hado, Killing intent, etc. Oh he beats Seth and crushes S.I.N and later he beat Bison for good(Yeah right Capcom).

SF3: Ryu overcame the SNH and learned the way of nothingness, but lost to Ono, who wishes to make him even stronger. Also Ryu stole the main character spot from Alex. Now Ryu trains with Ono, and wish to test himself against Akuma again.

What are your sources?

playing the games, reading interviews the makers over the years. I use to have a Capcom forum account many moons ago.

Bats vs Terry and IF vs Kazuya are both real fights. It gets worse for Bats if this is anime Terry and not just game Terry.

Bats vs Terry, sure. IF wins 9/10 times against Kazuya tho. This dude has punched a SHIELD helicarrier, which caused it to crash and is crazy fast. Kazuya doesn't stand a chance.

Kazuya survived being thrown into a volcano. Devil Gene is a hell of a drug. I'm not saying he'll take it, just that it will be a real fight unlike the other blowups.

Kazuya's durability is pretty insane. I just don't see what he can do to IF.

The thing is Danny is basically a normal dude. He can channel his ki for some crazy stuff, but he can still get hurt from punches and kicks. This would still be a challenge of his kung fu against Kazuya's. Again, my money is on IF to win, but this just seems like it would be the most interesting fight out of the litter.

Akuma. Akuma has jumping fireballs.

Bats. Terry is pretty strong and can shoot energy blast but Bats deals with that shit daily.

Iron Fist. Super punch > daddy issues.

Cage. Because it would be stupid and entertaining.

Akuma. Plot armor immunity to getting instant killed would only get Bats so far before Akuma used his jumping fireballs.

Iron Fist. Danny will channel his hatred of Cage's shitty movies to spur himself to victory.

Iron Fist. Heroes win. Event is over. Everyone goes home and never talks about it again.

I love spidey but akuma would tear his ass open

Doesn't his chi significantly increase his durability though?

for a moment i thouth this was going to be a hunger games thung

Not that I distinctly recall. And if you remember he got an asswhooping from Fat Cobra during the Heavenly Cities Tournament. So channeling ki (which Kazuya can do) is effective against that technique if he does have it.

You got so much bias going it isn't funny. How does IF beat Akuma when Spider-man can't? Pete massively outclasses Akuma in speed and strength. Not to mention a wall cling that avoids air fireballs.

Winner fights Hanma Yujiro. Does anyone in the OP have a chance? Everyone at once?

I think Akuma takes this since he iirc is a city/continent buster but I'm not too sure about SF lore

akuma destroy spiderman
batman defeat terry
Kazuya defeat Danny after a fierce fight
I donn't know who shiva is, so I place my bet on Johnny cage.

Akuma vs batman... it's tought, because akuam is a monster but batman is batman. I think batman win in the end
Kazuya destroy Cage

Now... this is interesting. Can batman defeat Devil? Batman's track record tell me that yes, he can do it. So Batman fight against the mastermind, who turns out to be Arcade.

tl;dr you can't beat the batgod.

>Ryu joins the SF tourny and fight Sagat and loses, go satsu no hado on him and knocks him out with a dragon uppercut when Sagat was trying to help him up. Sagat gets scar.
What a fucking dick, and Sagat is always portrayed as the bad guy

Actually, Ka-Rugal Kid Tsung jumps Danny after the end and whoops his ass up and down before all the heroes team up to win.

Sagat is only shown as a bad guy early in the series. He mellows out a lot later and even throw a fight to Dan to let him gain peace after so long seeking vengeance for his father.

I always stand with Terry Bogard. The greatest bro in all of fighting games.

The Spidey in the games is by no means a reflection of comic Spidey's power. Plot armor aside from both of them, Spidey has Gouki beat on speed, stength, and agility.

The fact that Ryu can beat Akuma, and Spider-Man beats guys like Ryu, does mean Spider-Man wins his round. Then beats Batman, goes on to face Danny, and is forced to again ro win against his friend.

He's right. That's the main character Ryu's story, although each character has their own shit going on.

This guy gets it. Bats has over extended himself into everything to fight crime. Terry has only focused on fighting. Bruce is not okay.

>Don't know, Akuma, i think, he's pretty broken
>Bats
>Tough battle, but IF
>Shiva would fucking destroy Cage
>Akuma would fucking destroy Bats
>Don't know, would be pretty fucking hard but i'm betting on IF here
Don't know if IF would be able to defeat Akuma tho, as i said, he's pretty fucking broken isn't he?

>Tournament.
Well, Bats wins. You made a tournament, which means there is time for prep. And you added the one guy whose special power is Prep Time. GG EZ.

Just going by your logic here, I want to point out that Akuma is roughly equal to Kazuya. Check out Tekken 7.

Not necessarily true. All could be summoned with no warning and pitted into their fights simultaneously. Also, the other trained martial artists would benefit from seeing the other fights as much as Bats would.

He's the Legendary Hungry Wolf. It's no contest.

Ryu has NEVER beaten Akuma. Akuma walks away because Ryu keeps disappointing him, so Akuma then tells Ryu to go back to basics and try again when he gets stronger.

Akuma wants this man to get stronger. The only canon people that can give Akuma trouble is Ono, and Gill(when he is not throwing fights). Yes Gill has thrown fights, ether out of kindness/mercy or using the person in question as part of his plans. Gill looks at the bigger question. But no doubt the red and blue fucker in the diaper is strong. Dude is Capcom's oddball version of Jesus Christ, Kind like how Toki from Fist of the North Star is Kung-Fu MadMax Jesus.

Didn't Akuma one shot him? It was a sucker punch sure, but that nigger was dead. He waited for Akuma to leave and then revived himself.

I think if you can just revive yourself whenever you want then the meaning of death becomes a little more strained.

spider-man has a good chance unless the writer forgets about his spider sense again

Terry has a good chance since batman would think he's a normal guy and fight him as such at least for a little bit
really it depends on how quickly he uses his special move

Iron fist takes it

My instinct is to say Shiva but like that dude fights gods and multiverse invaders with the worst martial art and wins

Spidy vs terry is a hard one but I think pete edges this one out

Iron fist beats shiva

I think spiderman can take on iron fist

all of them would beat the tournament host host

my favorite character out of these guys is Batman

No, it has never shown that ability. At best it lets him heal quickly, but that's not something he can do in the middle of a fight.

Pretty sure Akuma beats Spidey.

>Destroyed Ayers Rock with a single punch

>Sank an island

>Destroyed a submarine

>as Oni survived a volcanic eruption from the inside

>punched an asteroid out of the sky although that might not be canon