ITT: Characters that got a sex change in a foreign dub

ITT: Characters that got a sex change in a foreign dub

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DbuE_gMBgyI?t=28
youtu.be/mKBkK9v29Y0?list=PLD2CFF0025A6A81A3&t=51
youat.ru/at/s03/cn/at-cn-03-05a_720.mp4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hen_(pronoun)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Beaners apparently got female Tails. Like this fanbase needed that fact.

ruby

The ant or the aardvark, because the latter sounds to funny to be true

Changed to female and is called Thelma in spanish

the aardvark, in both shows

The aardvark is female in german. Dunno if OP refers to that.

youtu.be/DbuE_gMBgyI?t=28

At 28s.

Wait what, you're kidding me, that thing was actually male?

Yes he is. The pants and shirt is a hint.

youtu.be/mKBkK9v29Y0?list=PLD2CFF0025A6A81A3&t=51

At 51.

In the polish and German dub.

I dont believe you.

Why?

And now we have Tailsko.

why not?
his voice was based on some jewish comedian in the original, you can't put that in a dub

Pretty sure he was still male in the Chilean dub.

>Name is masculine "Lordknightmon"
>Change it to a woman because of pink
At least the dub I watched didn't do this.

They kept the normal name but had a female voice

I remember the latino dub had the same voice as the latino voice for Tweety Bird.

It all came full circle though, since she was female in Cyber Sleuth.

The Japanese dub is totally crazy.
They completely re-edited the show

why

Japan

>I remember the latino dub had the same voice as the latino voice for Tweety Bird.
American Tweety Bird has a pretty masculine voice. It's always surprised me that so many people think he's female despite his voice.

I find it hilarious Dio Brando voices Optimus Primal and Kuwabara does Megatron.

Honestly, I would have never guessed she was male in the original.
It just always felt "right"

I would imagine their genders got changed a lot depending on if the language had grammatical gender

In the old german dub of the looney tunes short the Goofy goophers were females.
Ja, he was redubed back into a male in the 1993 Pink Panther show. And in the new Pink Panther and Pals back redubbed into a she again.

I remember being surprised when i found out tails was male, but can't confirm is this was the reason since it's been so long since the old sonic cartoon the channel where it aired here doesn't even exist anymore

latino Tweety had a very femenine voice. It was the exact opposite for me with people thinking he was a guy.

Also the simple reason why they made Tails a girl was because of a mixup with the name. Tails was translated to "Colitas" (Little Tails) which, because of the spanish language giving "genders" to words, has a very femenine conotation.

youat.ru/at/s03/cn/at-cn-03-05a_720.mp4

This is the Russian dub where Cake's VA is male.

THEN WHATS THE POINT

She was turned into a boy on the latinamerican dub because her American name suggested she was a tomcat.

BMO has a very clearly male voice in my country's dub, first time I heard it I was unsettled.

He's female in the German dub of "Transformers: The Movie"

Little awkward for them when he changed to Angewomon, I take it?

Nermal's not already a female?

Never forget.

Didn't they change it back to male eventually?

That being said, I actually approve of this change. That's just not a man.

what dub had kunzite as a woman?

Quite.
Digimon 02's latinamerican dub just avoided using any pronouns whenever somebody talked about her, all to avoid drawing attention to their previous fuckup.

But she also got a new voice actress and her new voice was raspy as fuck.

He had male voice in Polish...

Nope. He's a guy.

I know, I know. I thought he was a girl for decades.

Don't quote me on this, but I think Plankton may be a girl in the nip dub of Spongebob.

Tailmon is cute.
CUTE!

I thought it was "roseKnightmon"

>watching anything with dubs

What is wrong with you OP?

How so?

Poison, but that's Cred Forums.

why not it can be fun

In the past episodes (for about 18 months) Maggie was not referred to as "she" in Sweden, but as "hen" which is a gender neutral pronoun. Also, her name is Maggi, which can be used for boys and girls.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hen_(pronoun)

Classic sweden

>"hen" which is a gender neutral pronoun
Is that why your country is so fucked up?

Smart.
If simpsons gets desprete and has her start talking they can then choose whatever voice actor they want.

br

the eyelashes generally indicates that the character is female
wtf jim

>Sweden
>Dubbing

Since when? Sounds like bs (bullshit)

He sometimes uses them for baby animals too. In early strips of US Acres Orson was a baby pig and had the same eyelashes as Nermal.

Crusadermon.

A peculiar example.

Remember that episode from the Tazmania cartoon when Taz befriends a pterodactyl? Well in the Italian dub they made the pterodactyl a female, and fearing that kids would get bored by a cartoon with nobody speaking in a series that usually is not like that they adlibbed dialogue for both Taz and the pterodacyl creating a new plot where the pterodactyl adopts Taz as her new son and he agrees that she is a better mom than its real one.