Azula's Friendships

Were Ty Lee and Mai truly friends with Azula or were they just afraid of her and pretending?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wRf1x_2ePnI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ty Lee was because she probably didn't know better (best girl btw)
Mai maybe didn't give a fuck or only stayed friends because she was taking Zuko's dick. They all grew up together so they were probably used to her shit anyways

Friendship build on forced convivence and maintained with fear on Ty lee's case, and no fucks given on Mai side.

Azula probably saw Ty lee as controlable and latched on her, because other kids would be afraid.

Hmm...its been a while since I looked up some Azula or Ty Lee. Thanks, op.

Oh, fuck you, Mai, you were totally into it until Zuko went off the reservation.

Ty Lee was Azula's dom. Since the end of the war she has been using the Kyoshi warriors for that instead though

They were just afraid, despite what shippers think.

They were all nobles. And as nobles, the most important criteria for friendship was nobility, which really limited the possible number of friendships and it's not like the nobles all have children at the same time.

They were friends probably because they were the only girls of similar age. It would seem reasonable to their parents that they were companions. And then there's the whole royalty thing where you probably want to cultivate friendships from an early age because those people are the least likely to betray your children when they come into power (although they ultimately did turn traitor). Ty Lee and Mai were fucking child prodigy warriors too, probably necessary training as convenient and reliable bodyguards for the princess and their own safety.

I would say they were truly friends even after Azula loses her shit and probably are still friends after all the bullshit. I haven't read the comics and I really don't care what happens in them.

I wonder if world leaders' children take self defense classes. They must.

They looked like genuine friends in their introduction episode despite Azula in the end trying to scare Ty Lee into joining her.

But of course that changed by season 3 where they tried to pretend that Mai and Ty Lee were poor innocent girls that were only forced by Azula to do evil.

Azula genuinely liked Ty Lee but didn't know how to show her emotions.

Ty lee was literaly scared to join her.

Mai always didnt gave a fuck about anything other than Zuko, and her loyalty was with him. Hell, she doesnt even tried to fight the Gaang on season 2 when Azula wasnt there.

I dont know what you are talking about.

But you are missing the point. Azula actually cared for them.

Look at their first scenes with Azula

Ty Lee goes to hug her right after seeing her and Mai even jokes with her and starts laughing when they meet.

And they were acting like they were having the time of their lives with their bestie during most of season 2.

Going from that to treating the relationship as an abusive one all along just seems like a plot convenience so Azula can go crazy and Mai and Ty Lee can be redemeed without the need for any kind of soul searching character journey like Zuko had.

Azula didn't go crazy.

She was a control freak that needed them to validate herself tho.

And she was a psycho.

>Going from that to treating the relationship as an abusive one all along just seems like a plot convenience

Azula used fucking fire and wild animals to scare Ty lee to join her, there is no way to not see this as abusive. Ty lee saw her as a friend, but also as a person that she KNEW she would have to please, or she might suffer.

And Mai joined explicitly because she had nothing better to do. It is show since the flashbacks of season 2 that Mai thought that Azula was a cunt as children. They stook together mostly because of what this user said

No you jackass she was just a girl looking for someone to love her. Her father conditioned her to act that way until it was ingrained in her. She just doesn't want to be alone.

t. Azulafag

Kill yourself Scrapper.

Ozai's dad was worst.

He never burned his son.

>I haven't read the comics and I really don't care what happens in them.
Her friends don't really matter to her anymore in them.

In one she only gives a shit about Ursa and Zuko and in the other one she only cares about Zuko.

He did try to kill his grandson because his dick son didn't respect his favorite son's birthright and loss.

Ok, so look... there can be a reason behind somebody's behavior without that behavior somehow being invalidated / pardoned by the reason. Zuko was a dick who suffered the consequences of his dickishness and went through a lot of shit to mend bridges.

Azula is Zuko without putting in the legwork to mend the damage she's done, only she's also fucking cracked to boot. She's not stable enough as an individual to begin repairing her relationships and the only people who had the opportunity to try to fix her didn't believe she was worth the effort because she drank her papa's kool-aid too thoroughly.

Yes, Azula is a deeply insecure girl who needs to be in charge and the best to feel validated. She wants love, and her whole story is a tragedy. But she imitated her father's behavior and, yes, was very abusive to her friends and loved ones. That takes more to fix than Azula ever did.

That shows how terrible Ozai is.

Yes but Azula can change. The creators even say that. Hell Aang and Iroh say she can change. There is nothing that she has done that shows she will be like her father.

Pretty much

It wasn't exactly Stand By Me

>There is nothing that she has done that shows she will be like her father.

You're deluded. Her potential for evil is great, and exacerbated by the fact that basically nobody gives a fuck about her and her mommy issues.

Bullshit. When she is the hero she deserves to be I will be laughing at you and anyone else who doubted her.

Alright calm down and just have a juice box.

That's just never going to happen I'm afraid

>I have to drag/doodle a box to post now

OKAY, SERIOUSLY, STOP

I'LL BE DOING TAXES OR PLOTTING MISSILE TRAJECTORY IN A FEW YEARS AT THIS RATE

>He doesn't have a Cred Forums pass

It will happen. And it will be glorious.

We just need her to stop kidnapping children and pretending to be a gost

>Take the former rate of your sub-dividend from last year and apply it to your annual income of form 4101A, this does not apply if you don't meet the previous A101G file noted in packet entry sixteen and only if your natural divide is less or equal to the divide of your region...

...next

>380 km/h speed with a tailwind of 68 km/h use the 1.38064852 × 10-23 m kg s-2 K-1 formula to determine trajectory if bombarded by electromagnetic fields from AMS satellites
...I'll just guess
>SORRY, YOU FAILED TO OBLITERATE FRANCE

That optimism is so beautiful.

This is a thinly veiled Tyzula Thread, right?

I had a huge folder but lost it when my old computer imploded

>Here is some money, you don't even have to sell my shitposts

I remember that Ty Lee was happy to see her for 3 seconds until she realized that Azule was dangerous, then practically peer pressured into helping her, Mai seemed more appreciative.

There's no denying that when they were introduced they held Azula in at least some positive light. Mai may have come along with a mistaken idea of Azula based on childhood memories, considering that Azula only got worse with time.

She only did it to toughen up Zuko.

Only for those who deserve it.

Azula is not dangerous she's a human being dammit.

Azula is a rabid dog that needs to be put down user

>Azula is not dangerous she's a human being dammit.

humans are not dangerous?

But then who will fight Kiyi for Zuzu's attention?

>it's a Scrapper ruins any chance at a good discussion about Azula thread

Not Azula

I'm not Scrapper but you all should know better by now.

Not in the sense that they were in an actual friendship.
Ty lee never got much attention as a child and jumped at the chance to be friends with Azula when she took notice of Ty lee's usefulness. (I mean, she's not exactly a complicated person)

Mai probably just used Azula as an escape from her parents that only cared about their own political career in the fire nation and probably pressured her to make friends with Azula for the same reason. (and Mai just went along with it because she felt indifferent)

So, no. I don't think they were 'friends' in the traditional sense of the word. In all honesty, I actually feel a lot of pity for all three of them.

I think you're giving the writers too much credit.
I mean it's the same people who made Korra.

i could share mine one day. 1397 pics.

I doubt they even cared much about them at first other than about the idea of an overly happy and a gloomy henchwoman each with unique powers.

Download Cred Forums X addon and use legacy captcha.

plus, Azula came from a family that was raised on fear and betrayal. The only thing that mattered after her mother and brother were banished was insuring her place by her father's side. (which was the last straw that broke her world when he abandoned her on the day of Sozin's comet, plus, right after the events of the boiling rock)

Scrapper, I don't know why you post that like it means anything.

>Wow, Azula dropped a fake letter that gives Zuko hope that his abusive father isn't his real dad
>a letter Zuko knows is fake and caused his father to treat him even more shittily
>this totally means Azula's going to be a good guy now

Aang believes that must make it so.

>Bullshit. When she is the hero she deserves to be I will be laughing at you and anyone else who doubted her.
What a retard.

Reminder that this was your prediction for the ending of Smoke and Shadow.

>samefagging

Cancer

She is redeeming herself slowly.

To be fair, Aang and Iroh did say that they hope that she can be redeemed.

She is obviously no going to start going on adventures with the gaang and being part of their group hugs but she isn't going to remain a Scooby Doo villain for the rest of her life like she was in Smoke and Shadow.

It's a shame that Aang got to have the final say, because Katara, Sokka, Toph or Zuko would have given Azula the execution she deserve.

Zuko was the one who decided to put her in the nuthouse over executing her and Katara chose to chain her over drowning her to death

>execution
Yeah, because that was the tone of the show.
Fucking dumbass.

>it's an "Azula laments not being born a boy and takes out her frustrations by mounting and angrily finger-fucking Ty-Lee from behind until she collapses and cries, whilst making Mai watch the whole thing and taunting her about how the roles of her incestuous fuckfests with Zuko would be reversed if she'd been born the boy, before finally calming herself with the thought that she wouldn't know how good it feels to have Father hunched over, quivering and sweating as he fills up her pussy with his seed, had she been born his son" episode

>Hell Aang and Iroh say she can change
No they don't. Hell, Iroh wanted to kill Azula.

>No they don't

Nah, Azula is totally the sub in her and Ty Lee's relationship. She's been training hard and scheming and making herself look perfect all day then she comes in and just lies back on the bed while Ty Lee gets to work, first stopping her from moving so she won't wiggle around too much or accidently shoot fire and then putting her highly detailed knowledge of the human body to full use working all the stress out of every muscle

Well, she is now dedicating her life to turning Zuko into the Azula with a penis she has always wanted to be.

>I had a huge folder but lost it when my old computer imploded
Daily reminder for everyone to backup their shit.

Is there a online service where I can backup my stuff?

Ty Lee wasn't a noble? She was an escaped circus performer or some shit.

she was totally a noble, in her first meeting with Azula it's mentioned they both went to the same school and Ty Lee later ran off to join the circus, unless the fire nation has some unusually egalitarian educational policies it seems unlikely that the girls school Azula and Mai got sent to would also teach commoners

At least she found new purpose later in life.

Tyzula is the true OTP of Avatar.

KorraXAsami is a pale comparison.

their voice actresses recorded Azula's proposal to Ty Lee, because of course they did
youtube.com/watch?v=wRf1x_2ePnI

Full pic?

>tfw obsessed with Ty Lee's futa dick lately

Help

mega

I am still convinced Ty Lee is part air nomad and she'd never tell Azula.

no penis no

Hopefully

yes