Thor: Ragnarok plot leak

>The Ragnarok subtitle doesn't exactly refer to the comic storyline, but actually refers to a planet named Ragnarök, which is where a good chunk of the film will take place and where Chris Hemsworth's Thor & Mark Ruffalo's Hulk will find themselves imprisoned. They don't have much more to divulge, but they were able to confirm that the planet Ragnarök will have a "Gladiator meets Mad Max aesthetic."
>On the planet, the God of Thunder & Green Goliath will team-up Avengers-style to fight their way out of the endless arenas, which are run by the all-powerful Grandmaster, played by Jeff Goldblum (Jurassic Park). He'll also have some major firepower in the form of an enforcer named Skurge, played by Karl Urban (Star Trek Beyond), who is said to play a vital role in the film's plot. Additionally, during his battles in the arena, Thor will come across the beautiful warrior Valkyrie, played by Tessa Thompson (Creed), who will earn his respect and join his cause to find a way off the planet. Also, at a later point, Skurge will apparently have a change of heart and lend a hand to Thor and company as they escape the hellhole.

comicbookmovie.com/thor/thor_ragnarok/new-thor-ragnarok-details-suggest-a-very-different-storyline-a145643

wtf are you doing Marvel?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/director-taika-waititi-on-thor-ragnarok-and-hunt-for-the-wilderpeople/
youtube.com/watch?v=0f0xNa5loHY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's what I get for having hope. Got me again Flash!

>they'll never do planet hulk

Neat.

The first two Thor films were garbage, so I don't know why anyone would be surprised this one will be also.

desu I'm surprised Marvel hasn't moved this film's release date though by now, this film will be crushed by Justice League if they open in the same month.

>this film will be crushed by Justice League if they open in the same month.

In the past I'd believe this.

Right now? I have actual doubts.

Why? JL is gonna crush this movie. Thor movies suck. Only hulk movies would be worse if Marvel still did them.

>The Ragnarok subtitle doesn't exactly refer to the comic storyline, but actually refers to a planet named Ragnarök
Stopped reading there. Not even Marvel could be this stupid.

>rumors
Not this shit again.

>according to a new report from SchmoesKnow

Really, dude?

Never doubt the draw of Batman, my friend.

This is the definitive proof, that Marvel doesn't have any idea how to make a good Epic Fantasy film, based on Thor and Asgard. Anyway i give up at MCU Thor, after the second garbage film. I' m not expecting that 3rd will be any improvement, so i' ll not waist any more money or time for it.

>Not including Hela at all when it's already been said that she's the main villain

jfc those comicbookmovie contributors are getting more moronic by the day.

Especially after they had the actual event teased in AoU.

>Believing a plot description that includes neither Hela nor Loki who have both shown up in concept art and set pictures

w e w

e

w

Will Korg be the first homosexual character in the MCU?

>Not even Marvel could be this stupid

>only one source

Hahaha, Next. Even though it's more than likely not true, the movie itself sounds cool as fuck. Maybe not comic-accurate one, though,.

I think the Thor movies prove that they can be pretty goddamn stupid. As well as Age of Ultron.

Isn't this plot shamelessly ripped from Planet Hulk?

Haha, this is exactly what I was thinking when he said that.

>shamelessly ripped

Adapted is the word you're looking for

>Not one mention of Hela
Yeah this is bullshit

>Also, at a later point, Skurge will apparently have a change of heart and lend a hand to Thor and company as they escape the hellhole.

It's fucking happening

>but actually refers to a planet named Ragnarök,

The fuck is this bullshit?
The only good parts of that entire description are "Skurge, played by Karl Urban" and Grandmaster being a degenerate gambler.

And even Skurge is gonna end up with not near enough emotional payoff for standing at Gjallerbur!

You fucks don't really think the Gjallerbru shit is happening right? There is zero chance of it happening

>comicbookmovie.com

FUHGEDDABOUDIT
Ya dickhead

The season one finale of Earth's Mightiest Heroes was a better Thor movie then anything the MCU's put out for the character.

Knockoff World War Hulk sounds better than Ragnarok proper desu.

Nice fan fiction

that's the joke.jpeg

el mayiabe called it literally years ago btw

A guy pretending to be the leader of a terrorist organization that finds out and is so pissed that he has him kidnapped?

>Thor movies suck

So do DC movies so far.

Lines up pretty well with the spoilers so far, but there's also an actual Ragnarok happening. There was concept art of Surtur and Fenris shown at Comic-Con. Plus Karl Urban said Skurge would be working for Hela and that he shared scenes mostly with Cate Blanchett.

It's happening. Probably not with machine guns, though.

please be fake

Hulk movies could be fucking awesome if they cut the crap with the Bill Bixby inspired shit.

Hulk has had some godlike runs, he's the perfect spectacle action star. I don't know how Hollywood keeps fucking up "big man punches big things".

>Jeff Goldblum
>grandmaster
I shouldn't be this hype

Not surprised they changed the story again, there were rumors that the story was changed several times during development

How quickly we forget about the TDK trilogy, it seems.

Will this finally kill the MemeCU?

So it's Planet Hulk with what will, likely, be a shitty version of Executioner's last stand. Really glad the MCU exists.

You know what he meant and if we're honest, they're a bit overrated

Nice false flag, DCcuck.

So these two character can't carry decent movies on their own so they're just being crammed together in a buddy movie?

When has that ever worked? I don't even remember them having scenes together in the Avengers movies let alone having buddy movie chemist.

Reminder that no MCU movie has cracked $800 million without RDJ starring in it.

I wouldn't be surprised, mlst of the Studios people don't give a fuck about being comic accurate, they just want the IPs and to make money.

>TIH wasn't good meme

Reminder that $800 million is a fucking absurd amount of money and a movie is still retardedly successful even if it's not one of the 50 most successful movies in history

I hope they never do World War Hulk

I don't even know what TIH is so it probably is shit.

>this is what marvelcucks believe

Of course he said all DC movies are terrible, which I corrected by pointing out the Nolan trilogy.

Superman 1 and 2 were also great DC films.

The point is that there's no way a Thor movie is going to beat a movie starring Batman, let alone the first appearance of the Justice League.

The Incredible Hulk. Apply some common sense.

Thor: Ragnarok soon to be dead on arrival.

Remember when they announced this and said it would be as game changing as Winter Soldier?

>game changing as Winter Soldier
Wouldn't that just mean very little humor?

Nope.

Dude a movie about Batman AND Superman got beat by a Captain America movie.

The DC movies are unpopular and hated by many. Go ask anyone in person or online if they liked Civil War, 100% of them will say yes. Ask them if they liked batman vs superman 100% of them will say no (okay maybe some edgy contrarian will say yes). Even on Cred Forums people are saying they're not looking forward to justice league.

Everyone loves the mcu and Thor + Hulk are extremely popular characters. Thor 3 will make more than justice league, anyone who says otherwise is a troll/fanboy

>a Captain America movie.

You mean an Avengers movie starring RDJ. It was hardly a Captain America movie. TWS was a Captain America movie. There's a reason they keep shoving Iron Man into every movie, he's their only guarantee for $1B.

>Everyone loves the mcu and Thor + Hulk are extremely popular characters. Thor 3 will make more than justice league, anyone who says otherwise is a troll/fanboy
>anyone who says otherwise is a troll/fanboy
The ironing is delicious.

>Friendly reminder that Rangnarok director Taika Waititi, stated that priority #1 for the film is "diveristy".

cbr.com/director-taika-waititi-on-thor-ragnarok-and-hunt-for-the-wilderpeople/
>Right from the start we wanted to diversify the cast, and it’s hard when you’re working with Vikings. [Laughs.] You want to be more inclusive and provide a broader representation. And at that point, you have to look at the source material as a very loose inspiration. And then take it from there and go with your gut. Say, ‘You know what? None of that stuff matters. Just because the character was blonde and white in the comic book. That doesn’t matter. That’s not what [that character] is about.

>Friendly reminder that no one gives a fuck about which words are your triggers

>There's a reason they keep shoving Batman into every movie, he's their only guarantee for $1B.

Just wait. He's gonna cameo in Wonder Woman somehow.

Oh I think you do.

I'd be shocked if there weren't bookends of Diana and Bruce.

You realize Taika Waititi is a huge troll right? He does this kind of shit for every movie but I wouldn't expect this consideration from Cred Forums.

Civil War made that much more money because of Avengers, Black Panther and Spider-Man hype, not because it was a Captain America movie. Same shit happened with Batman v Superman, but with Wonder Woman and Doomsday instead. If there was no Spider-Man, no Civil War and no Black Panther, you bet people wouldn't have given that much of a shit about Civil War.

Thor and Hulk are the least popular of the Avengers. Fucking Hawkeye and Black Widow have more star power than those two.

Fucking this.

>he thinks Snyder hasn't poisoned the brand
lmao

let me guess, you think suicide squad's success has nothing to do with WB literally trying to make it at GotG as possible or harley quinn and joker marketing or the fact that it had literally no competition

Is this supposed to be bait?

>wtf are you doing Marvel?
Not whatever this is. It sounds nothing like anything that's been revealed so far.

Nah, but they would fuck over a character so hard that they have to retcon their own shit.

The Incredible Hulk WAS good, but it didnt have Ruffalo

>I dont give a fuck
>but I care enough to reply

mmk

>jokes on you, he was pretending to be retarded

>>The Ragnarok subtitle doesn't exactly refer to the comic storyline, but actually refers to a planet named Ragnarök

Yup. I feel you user. I'm so sick of this bullshit. So sick of the Marketing Department taking random titles they sound cool and slapping them on the movie, even though it doesn't even have anything to do with the actual plot of the thing it's naming or referencing.

And

>Alien adventure world with no Beta Ray Bill

Yeah fuck this shit. They've had several movies and plenty of opportunities to include him. They've fucked up too many times.

Read up on Iron man 3, and ant man's behind the scenes
You be surprised how much unused art and charters are used in these films

Mason is that you?

This isn't actually a real leak, it can't be because it doesn't include anything about Loki, Hela, Odin, or etc. All we have been told by the actual interviews and etc up until now has hammered home the point that Loki is now king while pretending to be Odin, Odin in on Earth, Thor gets sent to a random planet where Loki cast Hulk in retaliation for the beating Hulk gave him in Avengers, and that Hela and Skurge are attacking Asgard.

>THERE'S NO WAY THEY'RE GONNA TIME TRAVEL IN FLASH!.jpg

First Thor movie one was OK, around the same level of enjoyment as Captain America 1.
Second Thor movie was great though. Not sure why people keep saying it sucks. Its only flaw was the final villain being a snore. Otherwise, Thor had actual character growth, his banter with Loki was fucking fantastic and hands down beat the shitty interaction between Cap and Widow in Winter Soldier. Thor's mum's death was handled great too.

I feel like the Thor movies would have been 10/10 if they had just removed Padme and her fucking plot. Let the older guy actually be the scientist. If they had any kind of character growth for the villain TDW would have been a lot better, but instead he is literally just "Army of ancient evil wakes up, the putty patrol is attacking Asgard!" The thing that makes "ancient evil" plots work is if the end boss is monstrous and scary. Something like Cthulhu or some other ancient evil stereotype, not a random dude in a leather robe.

Loki and his interactions with the rest of the cast were what stole the show for me.

I mean. Obviously.

Gjallerbru was the payoff of over a decade of villainy turned on its head as Skurge decided to do one noble thing to spite his peers, foes, the armies of the dead and the witch who dragged him into a life as her thug and sidekick. He even says before he dies that he knows his fellow gods of asgard laugh at him behind his back, and he's doing this to remind them of who he really was before Amora got her claws into him.

Even if Skurge and Amora showed up in the FIRST Thor movie you can't reflect that kind of payoff unless his story is THE story or at least a major B plot of the Thor films, which it hasn't been.

>Marketing Department taking random titles they sound cool and slapping them on the movie, even though it doesn't even have anything to do with the actual plot of the thing it's naming or referencing.

It's funny, because this is what the comic books did with norse mythology.

>Thor had actual character growth
Nah.

>The Ragnarok subtitle doesn't exactly refer to the comic storyline, but actually refers to a planet named Ragnarök

Well that's retarded

>which is where a good chunk of the film will take place

So much for the fucking "Road Trip" you all said we were getting.

I've lost all interest in this

>tfw Skurge will die a """"comedy"""" death for a gag
feels bad man

>the beautiful warrior Valkyrie, played by Tessa Thompson

Terrific...

I don't think you know what a false flag is

>He even says before he dies that he knows his fellow gods of asgard laugh at him behind his back

All of them except good old Balder, who never existed in the movies to begin with.

So they took Planet Hulk and made it about Thor?

Basically they replaced Silver Surfer with Thor, and replaced the plot of Planet Hulk with Thor trying to stop Loki and wake up Odin.

Sounds fake. Seen so many of these bullshit posts on Cred Forums and Cred Forums

That's gotta be the absolute dumbest shit, why would they do that?

Is it because Civil War came out of order since Thor Ragnarok and Planet Hulk were first?

That means they're probably going to skip over Beta Ray Bill as well.

Then i believe that we saw a different movie. 2nd Thor was one of the worst cape movies to remember. The main villain sucks by being so bland and boring. Norse gods being retconned and turned to be aliens. A Thor that is actually a parody of the badass warrior that he supposed to be. An awfull Portman and so on. No the Thor movies suck hard. Especially having in mind how awesome could be, considering the great Fantasy material from which they are based from. It's just that Marvel can't do Fantasy movies. End of the story.

Give Thor a metal soundtrack and score and we're good

youtube.com/watch?v=0f0xNa5loHY

Should have done this from the beginning

No, I remember them. They just aren't that good. Begins was decent, the next two? Fuck no.

>no Beta Ray Bill
That's by far the biggest crime of this movie. I'm convinced we'll see a female Thor before we ever see Beta Ray Bill at this point.

Beta Ray Bill isn't a minority so we will never see him on screen

Will Kat Dennings tits be in this?

I dunno, I'd say talking horses aren't exactly a majority in either our universe nor the marvel cinematic universe.

that's fursecution!

>horse-faced alien
>not a minority

What the fuck?

>the planet Ragnarök will have a "Gladiator meets Mad Max aesthetic."

Sold.

>we want the Mad Max audience!
The Italians did it better and without wasting millions.

Nope.

Her tits weren't in the other films either.

Everything should be like Mad Max. Fury Road is literally the comfiest movie I have ever seen.

Mad Max will only make capeshit better. Except that scene in BvS. Fuck that movie.

>More crossover shit and not being about the name in the title

Yay

What do you want it to be about, then?

But user, Bill is a black, homeless Canadian veteran, in addition to being a horse faced alien.

Honestly, I don't get the bitching.

Planet Hulk still exists and it will still be just as good after this movie. The worst that happens is that this turns out to be another shitty Thor movie which everyone forgets about. The best that happens is we get another decent movie, or at least a fun action title.

I really will never understand for the life of me why people want to see a butchered ruined version of Beta Ray Bill in these awful shitfests. They can't even do Thor properly, and you seriously expect them to pull off a decent Beta Ray?

>wtf are you doing Marvel?
It's MCU Thor, I truly and honestly don't know what you were expecting. They certainly don't give a fuck about the character, nor do any of the actors outside of Hiddleton.

Thor The Dark World premiered the same year as Man of Steel and got almost the same grossing (Just consider this, a movie focused on a B- tier hero almost reached the sales of motherfucking Superman)
Then we have this year, where Civil War premiered a month after Dawn of Justice and had a better grossing
tl;dr as this user says any MCU can compete to DCEU movies, no matter how less knows is the character to the audience

>Second Thor movie was great though
I disagree a bit with this, the movie is a bit better than the first one in some aspects but has fatal flaws that makes me question if Marvel cares about Thor or just see him as a chick flick material
Again, i remember when the second Thor movie threads started and many anons liking the movie