>>86652573 old thread was archived and glorious...

old thread was archived and glorious. Cred Forums beware you're in for a scare! Part 2 of the goosebumps books/comics/show discussion! What's your favorite book/episode?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!TZM3yb6b!3EbCka_34f-OGztm8ByYXQ
bloggerbeware.com/2008/03/31-night-of-living-dummy-ii.html
youtu.be/RuJuI5Fc31w?list=PLKC7Xe9ni0yp6XzGw_iDObfikt7gaHZQS
youtube.com/watch?v=c8uzL4iphSk
gamebooks.org/show_series.php?id=82
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I always liked A Shocker on Shock Street. That was genuinely creepy, and the twist at the end really weirded me out.

I heard there was a sequel to Egg Monsters from Mars.

If there was, did they explain why the kid laid an egg at the end and what it hatched into?

This was probably the most heartbreaking twist in the series. The kids did nothing wrong.

Werewolf Skin

Only because the qt Blonde Girl who turns out to be an actual werewolf made me jack off to the line of

>I love this forest. You know they're gonna cut it all down and build up a mall

The way she says it so enthusiastically makes me cum buckets

Well, they were badly programmed and were glitching out. "Can Mom come too?"

You're becoming worse then Barneyfag at this point.

I never seen but desu I didnt know they did monster blood IV, if anything I'd read that sequel to egg monsters. But no I havent heard anything about it but this sounds really interesting.
> captcha was eggs haha

Also if you guys liked my other thread, thanks so much for giving really great responses. It was my first time posting in Cred Forums .

Monster Blood IV was awful. I'm on Wikipedia right now and I don't see the Egg Monsters from Mars sequel listed.

Ghost Camp does have a sequel though.

I remember haunted school was pretty good. The episode was about some kid who gets hauled off to boot camp and he tries escaping.

The concept horrified me as a kid. Being stuck on a really well made horror ride.

tfw I popped a boner reading Monster Blood III as a kid.

And now I have a macro fetish.

I was always a huge fan of Slappy as a kid. Perhaps to a creepy degree. I really wanted an actual dummy and the closest that was able to be found was a Charley Macarthy. (there was a line of children's dummy, eventually they did actually make a Slappy, but I never knew this til I was an adult)

In any case I did my best to practice with him and I sat him in a little rocking chair next to my bed at night because I believed he'd protect me from evil things. I had this weird idea that monsters I really liked would be my friend though.

Monster blood (and the blood/slime in how to kill a monster) gave me a Wet and Messy fetish :/ probably also nicklodeon slime time stuff too.

Love the shocker on shock street comic

I think the artist did work on the crow

it's even worse in the comic version

Where my chilla niggas at?

I wonder is someone could storytime these.

Shit, I never knew there was a comic. Is it archived online somewhere, or can you post it? This art is appropriately off-putting.

>tfw you realize Goosebumps may or may not had inspired the plot of an Adam Sandler movie.

Haunted School was one of the best Gosebumps book Stine wrote. You go in expecting ghosts in a school but get insane shadow dimension shenanigans.

The episode your describing was not Haunted School, I forget the name of the story though.

Feel bad, man.

I didn't know there were 5 Monster Blood books

The only one of these I read was Dinosaurs Destroy Detroit.

The batteries ran out and he was stranded in the void forever. That always creeped me out

This shit isn't Cred Forums...

The episode sounds like one of the short story collection where a boardong school replaces bad kids with robots

Wait, was that the one where an evil wizard cameraman trapped a bunch of kids in a black and white shadow dimension? That was fucked up.

Already mentioned a bunch of times in the previous thread, but for me it was Say Cheese and Die Again and Night in Werewolf Woods from the Give Yourself Goosebumps series.

Perfect School. The TV show did an episode based on this one

Yes.

Say Cheese and Die was my favorite cover.

Goosebumps had a comic so what isnt Cred Forums? It's also october.

Goosebumps comics are a thing. There's 10 of them, I think.
I've been wanting to storytime them, but haven't found any full sets yet

Reminds me of a sailor moon episode. I got a feeder fetish after reading this too.. Lol

Holy rabies, this was the good stuff. Reminds me of the crypt keeper comic from the beware collection stine did.

I know Jill Thompson did the Horrorland one. Was the Scarecrow one done by the Scary Stories artist?

BTW, the one day at horrorland comic is drawn by the scary godmother creator

>stine's face when the comics outclass both his books and the tv show

It helps that the artists put their own spin on it and make the stories seem way more dire.

Werewolf of Fever Swamp was one of my favorite books and episodes, because I thought werewolves were awesome when I was kid

Has a calvin and hobbes vibe. Looks better than I remember.

Really great story, but the twist at the end was shitty. It really killed all of the great things that happened before-hand.

Yeah, it's pretty funny.
Something that you read in the book may seem goofy, but with the right kind of creepy art it's totally buyable

Still my favorite goosebumps cover art for some reason

the only one I ever read of these was the Curse of Cold Lake in 4th grade, it scared the shit out of me

Attack of the Mutant is objectively the best Goosebumps book.

Tim jacobus is an awesome artist, most of his covers are sweet.

I always liked the more ambigious endings. Him finding out his blood had turned to ink was better then the tv show giving him super powers

Curse Of Camp Cold Lake is my favorite Goosebump book.The cover is even more scary considering the ambiguous ending.

Deforestation user, I greatly enjoy your posts. I'm an amateur erotica writer who wants to dabble in every fetish imaginable, so I'll write you a story featuring the girl of your choice if you'll just give me a brief plot hook and her name.

was this goosebumps or 'are you afraid of the dark'?

>kids left at home with grandpa
>grandpa has fangs and acting shady
>holy shit he must be a vampire!
>run and hide!
>mom and dad get home
>honey of course we're vampires, we're ALL vampires
>kids fangs just haven't grown in yet
>planet of vampires
>their moon is actually earth

Goosebumps. Vampire Breath, I believe.

In fact, I think them finding out the vampire is their grandfather was part of the twist ending.

It was vampire breath user. And they didnt know he was grandpa drac until after the mom says they're all vampires. Or it could be an ayoftd episode.

fuck me you're right

Love a bunch of them but Werewolf of Fever Swamp and You Can't Scare Me got me the most as a kid.

I guess their settings were just so easy to place myself in, which I realize is the entire point of the series, but those in particular.

I remember reading it and liking it as a kid, but I laughed so fucking hard at the greentext summary

Seriously what the fuck

The episode for Welcome to Dead House scared the shit out of me as a kid

Did anyone else attempt to poorly redraw covers as a kid? Please tell me I wasn't the only one.

Werewolf Of Fever Swamp was comfy.

How to kill a monster was my favorite book and tv episode.

Or maybe it's just cause I like gumbo, fuck you.

I tried lol. I used to draw monster blood and write stories for my English class.

No, me and the other five kids who lived close enough to each other would however write our own shitty books and draw covers for them. Living out in the woods, we mostly wrote stories about Monster Coyotes and Alligators who walked upright and wore trench coats.

That episode had 10/10 atmosphere

Fuck yeah it did. Swamps are fucking scary as shit to begin with. But that whole story man.

No, I attempted accurate redraws.

I actually haven't seen the Goosebumps movie but now that I know about what they did with The Ghost Next Door protagonist in it I actually regret it. That's a real good, heartwarming twist.

She was nothing like the character from the book or show. The movie sucked balls.
The TV show has that comfy 90's atmosphere to it, the movie felt shallow in comparison

Is there a Ghost Next Door comic?

What? The movie was great.
>that Jack Black cameo

What was the ending?

The kids were robots built to test the ride and were glitching out thinking their creator was their father

concept was great, execution was mediocre as fuck
I even like Jack Black as Stine but yeesh

Sadly, no. The Goosebumps comics are

One Day at Horrorland
A shocker on Shock Street
Deep Trouble
Werewolf of Fever Swamp
Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes *
Ghost Beach
The Abominable Snowman of Pasadena *
The horror at Campy Jellyjam *
The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight
Night of the Living Dummy
* These ones are pretty lame, although Lawn Gnomes has the older sister straddling her younger brother and Jellyjam has a few good creepy moments

You might be mixing up two Goosebumps.

I, and others who have replied, remember the vampire bit from one book, but I think the "planet of vampires; their moon is actually Earth" might be from another one.

I forget what it's called, but it's about a summer camp that a lot of weird things keep happening in like kids going missing and letters to home never being sent. The twist is that the protagonist's parents are secret agents for the government or something like that and the camp was a training ground to prepare him to join their ranks. The second twist was that they are all aliens and the reason this secret militant group exists is to invade Earth, which one character points to in the sky.

It was a long time ago, but I think that the TV show adaptation had them look like regular human beings, but in the book at the very end it started suddenly describing their alien characteristics.

And they were asking where mom was

shit was disturbing honestly

The worst part is that the boy robot shorts out and the girl robot (thinking they're human) thinks he's been electrocuted to death

>planet of vampires
I can see not knowing if your family was vampires, but how would they not know the whole world was vampires? What the fuck is that about?

You're thinking of Welcome to Camp Nightmare.

Camp Jellyjam freaked me the fuck out. The zombie enslavement thing was like ahh oh no, but the fucking monster slaver emperor was absolutely terrifying.

>KKK

I had all these books when I was a kid. Then my mom sold them all in a garage sale along with my Transfomers and other valuable/sentimental stuff I had. I still don't let her forget it.

I always liked the Haunted Mask.

Yeah that monster thing was like something out of a Clive Barker story. Probably one of the few times I was actually creeped out by a Goosebumps book.

>love giant monsters growing up
>Cover reminded me of The Deadly Mantis
>There were no real giant insects
>mfw

I cant wait to see this movie

Here you guys go, PDF versions of books 1-62 of the original Goosebumps series.

You're welcome.

>mega.nz/#F!TZM3yb6b!3EbCka_34f-OGztm8ByYXQ

FYI, give it around five minutes. I just began the upload.

>mega.nz/#F!TZM3yb6b!3EbCka_34f-OGztm8ByYXQ
Thank you, user!

Anyone had any luck finding the Give Yourself Goosebumps books online? I.. I think I may have some of them in storage. Probably the majority of the series. I may start transcribing them if they aren't anywhere online yet. They're only, what, 120 pages each, large print, mostly half or 2/3 page of text? And hopefully someone else could help step up to fill the gaps.

Thanks. You're rad user

I think Amazon has a couple. I broke down and bought the one specific one I remembered liking and converted it to a Twine game.

do you have a link to the game?

My favourite book was "Little Comic Shop of Horrors."

The choose your own story books were the best.

Lost it in a hard drive crash, unfortunately. It was pretty simple to make though and was much more convenient to read because everything was in order.

I hope this board gets nuked.

I put on nearly three hundred pounds that day. By evening, I could barely walk.
“It’s an allergic reaction,” Mom said.
I stared at her. “Excuse me? What’s that?”
“You ate something you’re allergic to,” she answered. “A person doesn’t swell up
like a balloon overnight.”
Dad squinted at me. He was trying to look calm, but I could see how worried he
was. “Do you eat a lot of candy bars after school?” he asked.
Mom shook her head at Dad. “He could eat a thousand candy bars a day! They
wouldn’t make him this huge!” she declared.
“We’d better take him to an allergy doctor,” Dad murmured, rubbing his chin.
“We’ll take him to Dr. Weiss first,” Mom argued. “Dr. Weiss can tell us what
kind of doctor to take him to.”
They started to argue about what kind of doctor I needed.
I waddled out of the room. It took all my strength just to raise my enormous legs.
My chins sagged down over my neck. My big stomach bounced out of the room
ahead of me.

Loved that one, I always fucking died

Thanks dude!

I hope your mom gains more weight

The one where I kept dying was the werewolf book and it got me so pissed off.

Now that's how you fuel a fetish.

What's the verdict on lesser known books, like The Phantom of the Auditorium? I've always liked that one, probably one of my favorites, along with How I Learned to Fly

Which things from the books that didn't appear in the movie would you want to show up in the sequel?

A lot of things. Like monster blood, the haunted mask, etc

>I had girls in my class read the The Deadly Experiments of Dr. Eeek tickle ending and tell me about it.

Don't judge me!

These are very well received. There was a great discussion about How I learned to fly (might be my favorite) in a goosebumps thread this past summer.

Maybe passing by some of the locations that show up on the covers or are a big part of the books. Like the masked mutant's hideout, shock street, the mask store etc

I don't recall, are there any stories that have the male protag shirtless?

alligators in trench coats?

that might actually be a pretty interesting read.

Dat reference tho

That's a good idea, converting them to TWINE

I wonder how many I can find in storage. Maybe it would be worth it to look on Amazon to fill the gaps. Looks like they run anywhere from a penny (so $4 after shipping) to a couple bucks (~$8 after shipping).

It would be even better to find people willing to help transcribe those books they have. Then converting them to a game format would be simple.

Is there anywhere else online aside from this thread that still cares about Give Yourself Goosebumps?

Phantom Of The Auditorium was good.

I can't remember the plot of that one. Was it a ghost story?

By the way, you guys ever check out this blog? bloggerbeware.com/2008/03/31-night-of-living-dummy-ii.html

It's a guy that read through all the original run of Goosebumps and points out the oddball/goofy stuff in it.

I tried to read all of goosebumps as a kid but for some reason I always had trouble finding this one. It ended up being one of my favorites and I can't even remember what happens in it.

Two kids get lost and play a game with some strange beasts. The rules are odd and deadly.. and I think it's basically tag? Anyway eventually one of the kids' twin brother shows up and the beasts are shocked because cloning yourself is apparently an advanced move in this strange game. Since the beasts are noobs they forfeit because it isn't fair to play with such advanced players.

Then on the way home they find a scarier beast who wants to play. They boast that they can't since they're advanced players. The beast is all "lol me too" and starts the games again. End.

Camp Cold Lake was pretty fucking spooky, as well as the one with the ghost of the kid who's head got pulled off.

>points out the oddball/goofy stuff in it.
That's not hard to do. Most were inherently silly if you thought about them for a few seconds.

For sure. It's just a lot of things I never noticed as a kid. Mostly interesting as a nostalgia trip without having to find/hunt down/read them again if that makes sense.

So I tried making a Goosebumps podcast;
youtu.be/RuJuI5Fc31w?list=PLKC7Xe9ni0yp6XzGw_iDObfikt7gaHZQS
and a Choose Your Own Adventure Podcast.
youtube.com/watch?v=c8uzL4iphSk

Any anons want to do some V.O work or maybe just do a live play through of a book?

Oh, yeah. Yeah, that does make sense.

well there's the book with the giant ants

It was a short story in one of the MORE TALES TO GIVE YOU GOOSEBUMPS.

Unless your talking about the CYOA Prisoner of the Ant People.

I distinctly remember an episode about giant ants at least

On the show, it got expanded a bit.. the ants kept getting bigger and bigger because they had eaten some blue pills or something.

And then the kid finally wakes up and realizes it was a dream. In the 'real' world, ants are human sized, people are ant sized, and the ants keep people in little ant farms.

Anyone?

I've been rewatching Haunting Hour since last thread and I've started to realize how many of these are basically just Twilight Zone episodes. The one with the kids in the video game is a lot like the TZ episode where some loser challenges the spirit of some famous pool player, then wins and has to take his place until he's beaten.

The one where they turn into chickens was one of the early books about transformation that got me interested in it.

Say cheese and Die again, has the main male protag bemoaning his body gaining weight.

Man, that just looks silly. The mouth looks weird when it elongates, the beam is too long, and the movements are too jerky.

The episode where the possessed camera made the kid extremely fat gave me an inflation fetish but I don't want it and I hate myself.

That's why you should have been watching Digimon.

It's a book. A lot of the little details are in your head. Just assume, unless it's outright stated the MC is wearing a shirt, that he's not.

Nah accept it. It's whob you are m8. Find someone who you can inflate

Apparently this is the best source for Give Yourself Goosebumps online:

gamebooks.org/show_series.php?id=82

Have some sketchbook doodles inspired by that goosebumps book with the Martian eggs.

I sort of want to make a comic version of egg monsters.

Huh. I distinctly remember that story starring a girl.

I for one would like to see Monster Blood vs. The Blob that Ate Everything.

Monster blood would eat the blob if it was at least out for a day or two. The blob and MB are sort of the same tho lol.

>Looks like they run anywhere from a penny (so $4 after shipping) to a couple bucks (~$8 after shipping).
I bought mine as a kindle ebook, which made transcribing it pretty much trivial once using an extension that allows you to copy and paste . Obviously if you want to complete your physical collection that isn't an option but something to keep in mind at least.

I remember reading that Stine made the gender of the MC of Egg Monsters From Mars vague on purpose because of the ending. Apparently he had wanted the MC to be a girl but the editors were not cool with it,so he made the MC's gender vague.

The MC of Egg Monsters From Mars was named Dana. He was described as a small dude who looked like a girl.

Huh. So that explains it.

What was the ending? I never read that one?