Joe Casey Pt. 2

Previous thread here.
Starting with Superman Adventures #622-623 then on to a different set of issues.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gtSPJZ-qlhA
youtube.com/watch?v=JhRtSHupVNI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well I'm on board for that cover alone.

Glad to have you aboard. Would you prefer a good Iron Man story or a graphic novel by the writer?

NEED SOME BUMPS! About to start posting another comic and really don't want this thread to die.

Alright, Nixon's Pals is coming up. I won't post all the images in the comic but I will post the main story.

This GN contains some of the best art I've seen in a while. Burnham knocks it out of the park and Casey injects style and character into every page. Perosnally I love the intro.

Love this pic. Don't know what I would do if I was in his position. I'd probably just peace out and walk away.

Bump please? At the rate I'm going this thread is gonna die before I finish.

Casey seems to have a habit of finding great artists before they make it big. Burnham and Scioli are two good recent examples. So far I wouldn't say any of the Catalyst Comix people made it big

>Casey seems to have a habit of finding great artists before they make it big.
Hit the nail on the head. He's paired with Burnham, Aucoin, Scioli, Nguyen, and Adlard to name a few. I'd argue the first Casey comic I read was Vengeance and while I wasn't to hot on the story, the art was legit.

Also thank you for bumping. Super appreciated. After this I'm probably learning towards something shorter.

He was also with Ed McGuinness on Mr. Majestic right before Ed began his long collaboration with Jeph Loeb

I bet that was awesome. I love McGuinness' style on Hulk and Super-Man/Batman Public Enemies.

I have the weirdest boner right now. I think I go for it just for the story alone.

It's a fun little series, each issue is a self contained adventure of superheroics.

That sounds fucking amazing. Do you happen to know the issue numbers off the top of your head or would you just say start with Mr. Majestic from the beginning

I'm pretty sure it's his first solo title, don't know too much about Wildstorm.

Not too caught up on Wildstorm either. THe only series I'm aware of were Wildcats, Grifter,

What should come after this? Captain Victory & The Galactic Rangers or Wildcats Vol. 2?

youtube.com/watch?v=gtSPJZ-qlhA

Your wish is my command. Although Joe Casey wrote a bulk of Vol. 2, he didn't write every issue so I'm actually going to storytime the preceding issues by Lobdell (which is surprising because it's actually pretty good).

Lobdell was alright in the 90's. Generation X is great and Age of Apocalypse is just plain fun

Also a soft spot for the Joe Mad era of X-Men

Thanks for the recommendation. Really appreciated.

Oh sweet thanks bud. Are these as good as the previous ones?

Hope everyone enjoyed Nixon's Pals. The entirety of Wildcats Vol. 2 (sans annuals or specials) is happening meow

I really want to express my appreciation

Dammit auto post kicked in. I really want to express my appreciation for the scanners (OCD and Agent Orange -- probably others I haven't identified) that made me posting this series possible. You guys are epic.

And the remaining issues are all set up and ready to post. This thread should end on issue 4 with the thread tomorrow continuing with issue 5.

kindly requesting some bumps. Maybe this series isn't as popular as I was hoping it would be. I can definitely understand it not being your cup of tea (much of Vol. 2 feels like it's dependent on Vol. 1's story). Vol. 3 on the otherhand feels like it's own unique series with prior knowledge of the series being unnecessay for most parts.

Thank you

youtube.com/watch?v=JhRtSHupVNI

Good

Bump

Ur awesome.

Alright everyone, this concludes my second Joe Casey thread. I plan on continuing tomorrow with the remaining Lobdell issues but there's a chance I might detour with a six issues series inbetween Lobdell and Casey (i think starting with issue 8).

Thanks

Thank you.

I never did the v2 but loved the v3 so it's pretty dope to see C.C. Rendozzo.

you are pretty amazing bruh

Nixon's Pals is good stuff

Bump

Thanks op. Wasn't sure about it at first but that was an interesting read for sure.

Make sure this thing doesn't die.

This

bumpage

thanks user