B-Bendis doesn't care about continuity

>B-Bendis doesn't care about continuity
Cred Forums says
>Uh-Iceman has always been straight
Cred Forums says

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Jessica-Jones-Vol-1-Uncaged/dp/1302906356/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what? no, a gay guy would be super-excited about having someone to be sassy with, a straight guy would be upset that he had to live with some bitch and deal with her shit

let me guess you are the same guy that posted that reddit screencap from 1 year ago just have laugh at x-fag, your strategy isnt working lad

Iceman being in the closest has been a fairly popular headcanon for decades. Bendis just took that popular headcanon and canonized it. Bobby liking dick isn't the problem.

The problem is that Bendis handled it in the laziest, most character assassinating way possible. There's a way to do a "Bobby comes out of the closet" story, but Bendis didn't want to tell that story. He just wanted to get controversy bucks and praise while he was on his way out the door so he decided to make a throwaway scene where Jean says "dude your gay lol" in one of the last issues then offload the work on the next unlucky saps to come along and take over. And because of how horribly he handled it, any potential for a good "Bobby comes out of the closet" story went out the door even if somebody wanted to tell it down the line.

There's also the whole "bi-erasure" thing that seems to be a pretty big problem when it comes to queer representation at Marvel.

if i didnt know better i'd have said that was satire of that whole "it's okay when i tell you you're really gay even though you deny it, because i see something you don't, and i'm just trying to help you be yourself, but if I did the inverse I'd be a bigot" double standard

Didn't he have a girlfriend?

didnt help that the person who told him was Little Miss Mindfuck

Shes not got a good track record for leaving peoples brains alone

It doesn't fucking MATTER what Bendis changed or if it lines up with continuity or not

You motherfuckers must not have read Ewing's Ultimates

because Galactus revealed that the nature of the Marvel universe is not a solid timeline of events that definitely happened and any of it can be changed at any time or moved to another era of time and it doesn't fucking matter. It doesn't fucking matter in-universe, and it certainly doesn't matter in the real world either, unless you cry about gay people

Yeah, everybody knows that Bendis based this entire character rewrite on one speech bubble in the first issue of x-men.

It's still stupid.

>Didn't the guy in the closet have a girlfriend? Doesn't THAT prove that he is straight??? What does "in-the-closet" even mean?????

I know we always post "LOL" alone in silence, but I actually am laughing. (LOL)

Iceman was the Johnny Bravo of the X-Book for years, all it takes is one crazy writer and all the blocks come tumbling down.

This is why a lot of American comic books today can't be taken seriously and they don't get new readers despite all the movie popularity. There is a new writer for these characters every 2nd month.

One speech bubble from the first issue is enough to erase Bobby's entire history pre icegay.

Some people are slow bloomers OP.

Yeah, that's all true but HOLY HELL - Iceman's always been way-way gay.

Also, points for the first user to list every X-lesbian.

Are you talking about THIS speech bubble?

No I mean this panel that's "proof" he's gay when in the same run he had a gf like a minute later.

Bendis was just pissed Bobby was touching nasties with Kitty so he had to undo that.

Yeah except all those times he was way way straight.

You're still having trouble with the whole "in the closet" concept, aren't you?

Not JUST way-way, he was WAY-WAY-WAY straight.

Like it's any better for her to be exposed to Peter Quill's space AIDS

>a man doesn't fall over himself and slobber at any attractive woman he sees
>he must be gay!

Might seem ridiculous, but I've been accused of gay for a lot less

I don't think Rocket and Groot work directly for Quill, I think they're more like friends in the workplace.
But yeah, I gotta agree, the space-dick isn't worth being around them.

Not really no. I get in the closet not that Bobby was really in the closet and this is just a retcon It's inconsistent he flips from not caring to overcompensating in a minute?
Ironically Bendis if he had actually decided anything at that point and didn't just make the choice at the last second wrote Bobby as an idiot who couldn't contain himself from asserting he likes vagina. So he based it off one panel, the entire basis was his disinterest in women but his whole run was counter to that.

he's gonna set up their break up so he can hook her up with Cage. Two Waifus!

Anything is a reason to accuse someone of being gay with the right person.
>Hate gays
Gay
>Don't Hate gays
Gay
>Don't show a lot of interest in women
Gay
>Show a lot of interest in women
Gay
>Macho
Gay
>Effeminate
Gay
>Performs sexual acts with men
Gay

>with Cage

He has Jessica, and even Bendis is still pushing that. They seemed pretty happy together when they showed up in Spider-Man

Huh, let's just based everything in ambiguous statements in speech bubbles. Let's forget what was right there to see and read and witness cause a couple of vague speechbubbles negates them.

>Faps to traps
Gay

Why is it that some fanboys just can't read the metaphor between the lines?

Think about it, if I told you that Kitty Pryde was traumatized by her experience riding the giant metal bullet...

That means no fapping to Emma Frost now!

Yeah because I'm sure he was always written that way. Always planned to make him gay from the very beginning.

>>Performs sexual acts with men
>Gay

I don't think so, user. I mean, maybe it's just swordfighting. Let's not jump into conclusions.

He actually he deep, super powerful psychological love for several women. When he went crazy and was going to destroy the world his subconscious actively sought them out to protect them because he was in love with them.

But he's gay.

... How would that be any different from pointing out that you can see right through that guy who is anything but flaming?

Ok, I can only identify Polaris, Kitty and Mystique. Who're the others?

To be fair :oi said she was writing him as closeted in that but it could be bullshit but all we have is her word and nothing can disprove it. Nothing can really disprove anything that happens in comics since none of it is real. A writer could say tomorrow that Kate Kane was just going through a phase and she always secretly thought her cousin was hot and technically and you'd just have to take that horseshit as fact.
Nope he just felt his beard slipping away and knew everyone would think he was a total mo so he had to freeze the World.
So is that a metaphor for bad sex with Colossus?

They literally couldn't say he was gay outright, don't you remember that the Comics Code Authority existed?
That shit's the reason Marvel made Morbius "the LIVING vampire".
There's always been this huge countercultural streak in Marvel.
Do you really think that they wouldn't have made any gay characters back in the hippie sixties during the sexual revolution when even Spiderman's girlfriend was named after recreational drugs?

What?
Did Jean tell Frost that she actually has a penis all along?

Who here managed to notice that BabyBobby was actively rooting for himself to be cured of "the gay".

I can see Attractive Blonde Woman in White!

He could've actively been rooting that he wasn't a permavirgin. Why would he care who his beard was?

Iceman was several years younger than the rest of the group, it makes sense that he isn't as interested in girls. Congrats on screen capping panels from the 60s as cherrypicked evidence.

Oh look at that, I found a picture of a pinup girl and Iceman in the same panel, sorry OP, better luck next time.

All evidence of heterosexuality is now just closeted Bobby deflecting from his blatant homosexuality.

>at all. at all, at all,
>so, so, so,
Did Bendis have a stroke at some point? Honest question.

I'd rather be gay than date a cunt like Kitty. Other than the fact that she's fap bait for writers she's always been a cunt. Just as bad if not worse than emma frost.

I'm pretty sure he's gonna leave it ambiguous in his last issue; but to be honest, Bendis or not Bendis, I don't think they'll let Kitty go from the Guardians. They're gonna throw everything they can for the movie season and that includes putting as many eyes on the product as posible. I wouldn't be impressed if they get another Avenger and an Inhuman to join as well. Sure they could get a more famous X-Men, but Kitty is already established on the team so no reason to change that.

That was because he was young and didn't like girls YET

but it would have made way more sense for Bobby to be bisexual instead of being a closet gay

Yeah this
So what was the aftermath anyway? Is present Bobby now gay?

>Ewings ultimates
Is this a post SW series? How many issues? What other associated readings are there?

This is from that Astonishing arc where his powers went out of control, right? I never got around to reading that, cool covers though.

>MFW CHuck austin's bobby makes more sense than bendis
>MFW chuck austin's batshit insane X-men made more sense than bendis and was better written
>I have no face for this stupidity.
This is retarded. People pretend bendis run is fine but it was worse than hat was easily considered the worst x-men run of all time. Yet despite austin's batshit insanity it made more sense and was more compelling. It wasn't good but at least it had some semblance to it.

When exactly did Marvel go full Anthony Burch? Serious question.

Because nobody wants to read an entire issue centered around Bobby coming out. I've rather it just be a dumb offhand joke then some cliche emotional lifetime movie about it.

I REALLY shouldn't tell you this... Because it's a really, REALLY bad spoiler...

*NO SHIT, THIS IS A REAL SPOILER!* So, do you remember "House-of-M"? Do you remember how the superheroes were getting all their secret wishes come true because The Scarlet Witch went nuts? Logan got his memories back, Mystique was happy dating him (WTF girl?), Steve Rogers was never frozen in the ice, Luke Cage had hair, Moon Knight was sane, Carol was famous, and Magneto ruled the world... You remember how Emma and Scott were this nice normal, happily married couple? How it was Emma's deep dark secret wish to be the blushing bride in white (big surprise) and it was Scott's wish to finally be the happily married man??? NO SHIT, THIS IS GOING TO BE A BAD SPOILER...

>Is present Bobby now gay?
Jean confronts present Bobby, tells teen Bobby that he has to tell adult Bobby that he's gay, then Jean proceeds to confirm "dude, yeah, you're gay."

It could have been a good scene if the two were talking in private, but they weren't, they were being instigated by Jean the whole time who insisted on being in the room when it happened.

Fuck Jean Grey.

But that's the thing, it could have been a GOOD dumb offhand joke. It wasn't even that. It was two separate long drawn out scenes that were both terrible.

I don't get it.

Fair enough, the important thing is that Iceman being gay is the worst thing ever.

Can you stop being a tremendous nigger and explain what the fuck you're trying to hint at?

I feel like you showed me a string chart and expected it all to make sense to me.
What was any of that supposed to mean? Was Emma actually Cyclops who wanted to be married to himself? What was that supposed to mean?

And why did you delete your posts like you just revealed a big secret that shouldn't have been uncovered? Nobody understands what the fuck you're trying to say.

>nigger

Go back to Cred Forums

nigger, I can have multiple tabs open in my browser.

Okay, but...

Is this an actual thing or is it some sort of fantheory?

They're both vain assholes who are in love with themselves.
You utter moron.

Nope, he's breaking them up now. The trade paperback for her new series (yes, they already have a trade listed on Amazon for a comic that hasn't even been released yet) is even called "Uncaged."
Much like he did with Victoria Hand, he's wrecking his toys so that nobody else can play with them.

i saw this when it first came out. its boring material

the joke is that iceman, unlike his teammates, feels cold

>To be fair :oi said she was writing him as closeted in that but it could be bullshit but all we have is her word and nothing can disprove it.

Did she say that before, or after Bendis pulled this retcon?

Oh okay, I see. Sorry I didn't follow your insane logic to that conclusion. Also I'm pretty sure that last panel of cyclops was in relation to discovering that Professor X was actually his dead sister who they thought Emma killed. Why was that there?

Fine. But when it hits the fans don't say nobody warned you.

After which is why I said it could be bullshit if she said it on her own I'd probably be more open to believe she was being honest

Considering all the shit he went through for Opal back in the day, Being Gay all this time doesn't make any sense at all.

I would suspect Jean is trying to change the past like the cunt she is, but I doubt it since it's probably Bendis being Bendis.

That's there because 'Nova was a genderbending villain and that's the dialog balloon about genderbending, just like the dialog later on about the Danger Room becoming a real girl, and the dialog about secrets for years and years after.
They kept touching on certain themes around certain characters.

You seem to be taking more general themes about wanting to transcend your current limitations, fear of our inner demons and knowing oneself and specifically assigning it to transsexualism. Also omitting involvement of other characters to "strengthen" your argument since you're implying Cassandra being a "gender bending" villain is somehow reflective on Scott when that panel was just a part conversation more people were involved in.

Unless this is just a ruse making fun of taking panels out of context to support your theories.

Isn't that the exact same argument people used to make about gay Iceman conversations before Iceman officially came out?
You know, back when all that foreshadowing was all there was.
And now the conversation is met with the new denial of delegitimizing Iceman being "truly gay".
It's not as if Marvel doesn't use the same formula for these stories every single time.

That sounds far too close to the best possible method of storytelling for other Marvel writers to pay attention to it.

Sorry, Ewing.

But these arguments literally exist for EVERY character for all the same reasons and people still don't buy that it was ever actual foreshadowing.

I saw that thread a day or two ago, but I had no idea why it was its own thread.

But is that really the case? The Jessica Jones trade is already announced when the comic itself hasn't had its first issue?

That almost spells "stealth mini" from the start.

Iceman being gay is a fine idea Bendis is just the worst writer to do it

The first issue comes out this week, and yet:

>amazon.com/Jessica-Jones-Vol-1-Uncaged/dp/1302906356/

If that's true then try finding evidence that Captain America is gay.
By your logic that should be as easy as just looking for it.

Ah, I see.
Releasing trades like this to Amazon before the actual issues come out is a common practice, actually. Marvel AND DC do it; it's how some blogs are able to get the jump on a trade release before the official solicit.

Given Marvel's usual habits, it would seem that Volume 1 will contain eight issues. Seems as if Marvel has faith that the series will last that long.

Sexism is not a homosexuality prerequisite.
All you've suggested there is that Cap has outdated views about women.
(let me show you some real insinuating)

That's a flashback from the issue right after Jean Grey dies ala Dark Pheonix fyi. Just read that not long ago.

>Iceman being in the closest has been a fairly popular headcanon for decades

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT HEADCANNON, ITS A FUCKING SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE WAY OF HAVING A THEORY WITH OUT ANYONE TELL YOU THAT ITS FUCKING STUPID.

They should have made Beast gay, would have made better memes.

You might be right.

Fluffernutter?

Dude take off your straight goggles the implication is clear he doesn't like women.

He came out once, it was forgotten about and he was dating a woman. The popular theory was he was just being spiteful to his ex.

Iceman was already crushing hard on Zelda. He had no need for a new girl.

Also, he was the second X-Man recruited, he's over the new person shtick.

>He spoke to a bisexual guy
>He must be gay!

Sure this is talking about his old hobby and it's very out of character but the subtext is clear he's talking about repressed homosexuality he wishes not to confront

With all the girls he boned, why full gay? Why not Bi?

I don't like women either. Doesn't mean I'm gay, it just means women are stupid and do stupid things.

8 issues in a trade is pretty odd for Marvel

Screams stealth mini

Not necessarily. Nowadays, trades collect between five and eight issues worth of content, give or take, instead of the standard six issues.

What I do wonder is if they've already planned for delays in shipping. Normally Marvel's stealth minis are around six issues, I think.

Yes, Hank came out as gay to spite his ex, who had been turned into a bigot by Cassandra Nova just for giggles.
But nobody on the X-Men team believed that he was gay, Emma Frost even peeked inside his mind to make sure.
It's hardly Bobby's situation.

Nothing says "straight as an arrow" like needing your arm twisted before you like a girl.

That page outs Pete more than Cap, it's not like artists are all default gay, but that wishy fanboy pose...

Anyone have that page of Pete going to a bar with his ring on the wrong hand and a guy hits on him?

>In which we learn that user has never hit on a woman

You know some straight guys don't go fucking insane every time a woman walks into the room.

Oh my god really? She insisted on watching? What the fuck?

That's not what my Women's Studies class told me.

>Just let us have this!

So you're saying Cred Forums was right then?

I know, right?
What kind of fucked-up bitch comes along, as the only person who knows he's gay and continues to maintain that secret, to offer moral support during the process of coming out?
Everyone knows that gays prefer to be utterly abandoned by their friends during that difficult time...
WTF? Really, Bendis? WTF?

There's a first time for everything. But I don't think this is that time.

She didn't maintain anything, she shoved him out of the closet with mind powers and then forced him to tell his future self the "truth" despite the fact that there were clear differences between the past and future x-men.

This seems like the only Captain A page that actually does suggest te gay, and for Bucky! I guess the gay threads called it.

Pop-quiz: How many of the other O5 X-brats knew Bobby was gay when he talked to Older Bobby??????

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit too. The entire story revolves around his unresolved lust and longing for every woman he's ever been with and how he can't let go of his deep-down attachment to them, in that secret heart of hearts he conceals from the world.

That's not how you write a secretly-gay man. That's how you write a guy who is if anything way too hetero for his own good.

Ah, yes, because a good friend removes all control and agency from you about your sexual feelings because she, as a straight cis female, thinks she knows you better than you know yourself

lol, Beast is such a troll.

>cis

It's so funny to see you faggots at each other's throats.

In fact, wasn't there a scene in that same story-arc where Jean was like "You and I both know you've never had a sexual thought about another man in your life. This weird thing you're doing is dishonest and distasteful."

He's not a serial rapist, you headtrip.
Did you miss the part of that story that pointed out how none of those relationships worked no matter how hard he tried to make them work?
That wasn't because he kept cheating on them with other random women because he's just soooo addicted to 'tang. He's not Colossus.

And FYI: if you continue to think lust is the only emotion involved with dating a woman then you'll one-day die alone.

... let them fight...

... and then trans' shall inherit the Earth...

I guess Peter Parker is also gay.

Did you not see that pic? ( )

user, Frank Castle is pansexual and Logan is bi.

Logan's evil kid is openly bi, but who was Original Wolverine's man-crush?

The naked one with clouds around her tits is Cloud. Who's actually an agender alien being who's been both male and female. That lends credence to the bi theory.

Silly user, Frank loves GUNS, not PANS.

Scott Summers

I'm not even LGBT, you idiots. I'm just pointing out that Jean doesn't have a single leg to stand on

Have you completely missed the whole Trannyclops meme?

That might count as hetero.

Can someone crop Spidey and Cap standing like that with THAT picture of Captain Marvel and that yellow, antlered woman? I could swear they are very similar for some reason.

Around psychics never

I mean always relax

>Jean's leg to stand on

She didn't make an argument with OR without merit, all she did was let Bobby know that she could read his gay mind for what it was and that he didn't need to pretend with her.
Bobby was the one who rationalized and explained something, twice, and I'm guessing you didn't read those parts.
If you had you would understand that "he tried to have girlfriends" isn't this epic, definitive, insurmountable logic wall that you think it is.

We're talking about , user, not the original comic

That full gay but really was fucking retarded.

You know some of these arguments are sounding less and less like homophobia and more and more like gynophobia.

The funniest thing they could do is retcon that being gay is a choice for mutants.

That would really fly in the face of the whole "born a mutant" metaphor.
Especially since it's the Inhumans who literally get a choice in whether or not they get powers.
You don't have to deal with "a world that hates and fears you" if it was an opt-in situation.

>Trannyclops meme
It's not a meme if it's just one tumblrina forcing it in every x-thread.

You neglected to post the three pages which preceded this one.

1/3

2/2

3/3

And then page 4 is

IM NOT A FAGGOT DAD

'By the way I'm Jewish'

The foreshadowing was always there!

It's never gay if balls don't touch. That's the rule.

>Is this a post SW series?
Yes, unrelated to the previous Ultimates team.
>How many issues?
11 so far, still ongoing.
>What other associated readings are there?
Several of the issues have recommended reading bits at the end, but off the top of my head: Ewing's Mighty Avengers, Captain America and the Mighty Avengers, Contest of Champions, and vaguely New Avengers; Starbrand and Nightmask; and Hickman's Infinity OGNs.

Just imagine if the roles were reversed and it was a male telepath invading a teen girl's brain and then telling she's a dyke in denial.

Actually, I want an edit of this.

The blue bits are edits, right?

I'm just saying, if Bendis wanted us to take this seriously, he shouldn't have involved someone who, for one thing, has an established history of fucking with the minds of her own allies and, for another thing, should logically have little experience with the matter in question. Haven't even addressed the fact that she's from a decade or two into the past, when the average person knows even less about homosexuality than they do now

I guess it depends upon whether you accept this as the "true canon" like a lot of us do or not.

If these are not edits, this is the worst kind of writing in the history of ever and only makes sense if Jean Grey is the greatest troll supervillain of modern times.

It's funny because Bendis is actually planning to do an special triple or cuadruple sized finale for his Guardians run but there's absolutely nothing to wrap up. No important storylines to finish. The only thing he has is this ship, Thing's reason to go to space (which nobody cares) and Annihilus/Brood invasion (which nobody cares either). Absolute proof his run has been ultimately meaningless except for his waifu ship.

Well, look at this page from earlier in the run:

Bendis had been establishing her as exactly that sort of troll supervillain from the outset. And wasn't that the whole premise of "Battle of the Atom?" That in the future, this past-Jean would grow up to be this mind-controlling megalomaniac?

bros before whores brother

Well the original Jean destroyed an entire planet of people as Pheonix. So it's not shocking she has a evil side to her.

>MFW CHuck austin's bobby makes more sense than bendis
>MFW chuck austin's batshit insane X-men made more sense than bendis and was better written

Have some classic Austin X-Men, my friend!

That's retarded.

It's an edit. Real version is getting posted now

Everyone knows the published version is just false memories which Jean retroactively inserted into Bobby's memories in order to cover her tracks.

Of course, this just raises the question of why none of the dozen or so psychics that Present Bobby has encountered over the years have confronted him about his closeted homosexuality.

I mean, if Present Jean was a good friend, she would have done the same thing as Past Jean, right?

How is that autistic? Jean sounds like a cool guy.

Emma Frost literally possesed his body. How did she miss this?

>confusing a single panel meant to showcase the different levels of maturity and development in the boys, Bobby as the most immature by not experiencing romantic feelings yet

I mean, you'll see gay everywhere if you want to see it.

>you're gay if you're not into Jean Grey

This is such a Jean argument.

So you're cherrypicking lines that support your faggot desire for Bobby to always have been gay and calling ones that don't invalid because he's "in the closet"

That Thor looks horrendous.

It has nothing to do with you. It has everything to do with them deciding that you're gay.

Old crackpot theory that was about as relevant as Iceman is gay theories. Emma Frost is actually a post op of Jack Diamond (Might have got the name wrong). Jack Diamond used to molest Cyclops as a kid when he was in the orphanage.

Can we all just fucking agree nobody likes Warren, Hank, or Bobby? They should all just fucking die and stay dead like Phoenix.

Seriously Scott is the only X-MEN from before Giant sized that has more than one good story arc.

He had a girlfriend in his origin story. Bobby probably just didn't want to jump in the pants of the first news girl he sees after his old one fled in terror at the sight of him being a mutant and his being revealed spiraling into him actually being lynched like a black man in the american south.

She didn't. Unlike Bendis Jean Grey she somehow had enough tact to leave that alone despite being EVIL.
Jean Grey (pre bendis) explicitly never read Bobby's mind like that because that would be unethical,he has a right to privacy, he's a friend, and if he has something important to say he can say it himself instead of her raping his mind.

>That lends credence to the bi theory.

Actually, just the opposite; the moment Bobby learned that Cloud had a male side he immediately lost interest.

>Old crackpot theory that was about as relevant as Iceman is gay theories. Emma Frost is actually a post op of Jack Diamond (Might have got the name wrong). Jack Diamond used to molest Cyclops as a kid when he was in the orphanage.

Well, since we had Morrison's New X-Men run where we see Emma as a kid and that spinoff series which starred teenaged Emma for a couple of years, that's a theory which is now discredited.

He had very long and/or genuine relationships with both Mystique and Opal Tanaka. And not in a "well he's obviously uncomfortable and covering for himself" way either, his relationship with Opal ended because she couldn't deal with him being away on superheroic shit, nothing on his end.

I remember Bobby went through some Wolverine like shit for Opal, rescuing her from super ninjas and shit.

That shit was really hetero, dude.

Bendis can go eat a dick.

So, any way you slice it, even if Bobby was gay before Jean took a peek into his mind (which, given the evidence in this thread, is questionable at best), her poking around in his noggin makes her more ethically dubious than Emma 'Marvel's Biggest Bitch' Frost.

Jeez, and I thought this was badly written before.

for Cred Forums
feelings > logical reasoning

>bbq
>beige
>kevin
Oh I'm laffin

Does anyone think that in the next decade this tumblr bullshit will be written out of continuity or revealed as the Jean mindfuckery it clearly is?Or will Marvel keep spinning out fo control into something completely unrecognizable of who these characters ever were? I pretty much take anything written after the early 90's as optional canon.

Bendis doesn't care about continuity unless it suits his agenda. He ignored every single story the Scarlet Witch has ever been in and based everything he's ever done about her on a crappy John Byrne comic from the 80s. And even then, he got several details wrong such as ignoring Immortus, Mephisto and Master Pandemonium's involvement, among other things.

If Bendis loses control of the reins and the next person in line turns Tean Grey into a full-on supervillain, then probably

And if you look at his dealings with Mystique, that was really, clearly a dude thinking with his cock and making the sorts of shitty, idiotic decisions we've all made when we were in the throes of lust.

And before anyone says "lol durr maybe miskaek made penis with powreas 4 hm!" let's be clear that if anything like that had happened, Mystique would have very happily, very readily made use of that fact to needle and/or blackmail him, which she never did.

>Ewing pulling a Morrison

Dang

He also likes space battle ship Yamato.

Not gay.

Mind going into detail? I'm slightly more interested in Scarlet Witch after Tom King's Vision series

It's so fucking obvious she messed him up inside, it'll be more retarded if they DON'T do this

yeah god forbid we dislike a bad storyline and are pointing out the holes in the writer/his supporters's claims that "it was always there", clearly we all just hate gay people.

I'm sure it'll be any character you really, really want to be a lesbian. Have fun with that I guess.

Basically, back in the 80s, John Byrne was the writer for the West Coast Avengers, which had Vision and Wanda on the team. Now here's the thing, Byrne HATED VisionxWanda. He despised the very concept of a woman having a happy, loving marriage with "a toaster" and doubly so when you factor in the fact that they had children together.

So Byrne went out of his way retcon the kids into being spawns of satan, Vision turning into an emotionless and memoryless version of himself that had no love for Wanda or the kids, and then turned Wanda into a crazy super-villain that attacked the Avengers and raped Wonder Man. Since you've read King's Vision, you should be at least somewhat familiar with some of this.

Now here's the thing, after this obscene amount of character assassination that Byrne did on Vision and especially Wanda, other writers then spent the next 15-20 years doing damage control on Byrne's arc. And it went great! They moved on from the tragedy, learned from it, and Wanda was even trusted in leadership positions with the Avengers. Wanda and Vision had still been broken up and their marriage ruined, but hey, at least the characters were salvaged.

Then in comes Bendis who decides to ignore literally everything that was done with the character in those 15-20 years since Byrne destroyed her, reset her character development back to Byrne's Wanda to justify her causing Avengers Disassembled then proceeded to shit on her even worse than Byrne did by making her responsible for House of M.

So in the end, Wanda was a great character with decades of good stories, then in comes one writer with an axe to grind who proceeds to destroy the character, then other writers spend decades repairing the damage, just for Bendis to come in and go "Byrne's Wanda is the only Wanda that matters, so we're resetting her back to that."