What does Cred Forums think of Snotgirl? And general Image Comics thread I suppose...

What does Cred Forums think of Snotgirl? And general Image Comics thread I suppose. I've really been enjoying it since it exposes a world that I doubt many of us have much familiarity with. I love how even these people who have to be pretty and glamorous for a living are actually just as shitty and insecure as everyone else, maybe even more so. Also the artstyle reminds me of Stone Ocean, so that's a plus.

sounds boring and fukkin lame judging from the Amazon description

Leslie Hung is a fantastic artist. Plus I am pretty into following attractive women on social media so I get it.

I'm looking her up... Has she done any comics before Snotgirl? It seems before hand she just did general tumblr/patreon art

Give me a brief description of the plot

My wife loves it

shallow, self-loathing, possibly gay fashion blogger is a murderer, insane, and/or getting gaslighted
it's hard to tell which

I love it when pretty bitches know they are the fucking worst but still maintain their status for social reasons

Bryan Lee O'Malley is a pretty boring writer.

I have really been enjoying Snotgirl so far desu, but I know a lot of Cred Forums hates it. Also one of the only comics Ive gotten my girlfriend into, she sat down and read all 3 issues this weekend and immediately started bugging me about when the 4th comes out. That said, on the topic of other Image books her and are also loving Deadly Class.

>Mfw I know a girl who is like this

When's issue 3 out?

I don't know why but the girl with bad allergies crying all the time kind of turns me on desu.

Sep 28

FUCK, I missed Issue 2? Issue 1's cliffhanger is literally the only thing that had me interested.

I didn't much care for the first issue, might try again when it has more. The way they talk just kind of gets to me, I like the art though

I like it but sometimes all the snot just disgusts me
Something about viscous bodily fluids is just gross to me
I usually just skim over the parts that bother me though
The rest is p good

I like it a whole lot. I hate that it's delayed till fucking November though.

I got you, let's read them!

It is a very feminine drama book so I have no interest in it.
The main character is an egoistic sociopath, got it.

I appreciate you namefag

>artstyle reminds me of Stone Ocean
Man, I was trying to figure out what was so familiar with it!

WELP

fuck

This is gay as hell. I'm thinking they fucked and a combination of her shame and the pills made Lottie mentally cover it up.

OP here, thank you so much for storytiming this Dan! Your Beauty thread a few weeks back has really got me into Kerascoet- I just got a hold of Miss Don't Touch Me today!

Oh I know right its so fukkin hot

Nice! Miss Don't Touch Me is one of my favorite comics of all time.

I've been meaning to pick it up but it's going to be a while before I do so. It's the kind of comic that I can't read online or else I'll never buy it.

How much is snot involved? Give it to me straight. I can't deal with snot.

Well Image is usually quick on the trade release after 5 issues so in December or so you'll have the first five issues for 9.99 which isn't bad.

You mean comfy. You just don't get it.

It shows up multiple times in many issues. Her nose runs, she hacks up a gob in issue 2, its not like say Boogerman but it is in the title after all.

It's all about the eyes. Definitely my favorite part about Araki's art. You know an artist is doing it right when they really draw gorgeous eyes.

>she hacks up a gob in issue 2
Oh jesus. I guess I'll have to skip that part.

I'd recommend it if you don't like snot, I have a few friends I sadly can't make read this book because they don't like snot, I didn't know it was such a common bugaboo

Snot is fucking disgusting. If forced to eat either a bucket of snot or hair I'd choose hair any day.

Well I mean sure, hair isn't exactly offensive. Then again I don't think snot is that bad either so I am in the minority it seems.

This comic is such a fucking cocktease. It could either be a brilliant psychological horror comic using the premise of fashion blogging as a background or the opposite, a "cute" comic using a questionable murder as a hook.

I'm still hooked, though.

I'm thinking that as it goes on it'll swing more and more heavily towards the former as the series goes on. Apparently the first 'arc' is supposed to end at issue 5, so I guess by then we'll know what the comic's true colors are.

To be honest I never pegged this series as having more than one arc but color me impressed. I want to see it deliver.

I really dig the series. The art is incredible and the story has me interested. I look forward to seeing whether this is a drama or a murder mystery but either way I'm having fun reading it.

That's really good to know, it does seem like the story is building to a lot of major plot points. I'll at least keep reading till then because of this weird fucking take on the recent cute genre.

This a shoujo manga to a T. Main character, from the premise and dialogue. It's fun in a way.

Eeeh, nevermind. I just got to this page and well, dropped. Embarassinly cliched and devoid of any creativity.

The artist does some really nice Jojo fanart, so that might be what's influencing her art now.

God this is boring. Not even the random death is interesting

I'll never understand why people enjoy watching people be stupid. Not even criticizing dramas, I love them. I just can't find anything interesting in these particular settings where the protag is just an idiot and the entire plot is about them becoming normal. Learning to behave is not a challenge, it's a responsibility. What's interesting in watching someone do that?

To top, this is the third consecutive time O'Maley does this.

Anyways, thanks Dan as always for the storytime.

I can smell your sweaty greasy cunt from here

You don't like O'Malley's style. It's not an uncommon opinion.

Good lord, Buffalo Bill. Take it down a notch.

>You just don't get it.
This is the laziest defense in the world of criticism.

You can understand something perfectly and still think its rubbish.

If you don't get the comfy feeling you don't get the comfy feeling. There's nothing more to it.

It rubs the Lotion on its skin.

Why is every one of his protagonists unreliable?

I'm 99% sure Lottie is schizophrenic.

Is it just me or does this art look more like it belongs in a webcomic than in a professionally published book? The lack of backgrounds and lettering seem really amateurish to me.

>backgrounds
Here we go. No it's just more simple. Not everything has to be overdone airbrushed Big 2 comics style. You do know they sell black and white comics with very few backgrounds right?

I think it's a design choice, as there are a few backgrounds that are detailed (like Cutegirl's place).

A simple background keeps the focus on the characters and gives the impression that there's nothing outside their world - which is rather apropos for self-obsessed half-celebrities who may or may not be fucking cray cray.

This really reminds me of yuri melodrama manga. I could see Amano Shuninta releasing something like this.