Killer Frost: JLA Member

newsarama.com/31307-fourth-rebirth-justice-league-of-america-member-revealed-and-it-s-a-villain.html

>A fourth member of "Rebirth"'s Justice League of America title will be Killer Frost, DC has revealed to Newsarama. She joins the previously revealed Vixen, The Ray, and the Atom.

These four characters will be spotlighted in four one-shots coming in January during the Justice League vs. Suicide Squad event, before leading to the Justice League of America twice-monthly ongoing title beginning in February by Steve Orlando and Ivan Reis.

>January 18's Justice League of America: Killer Frost will be written by Orlando, along with Jody Houser; Mirka Andolfo will illustrate the one-shot, with Reis providing the main cover - as he will for all the one-shots.

>And as DC describes it, this Killer Frost (which appears to be the "New 52"-introduced Caitlin Snow) is a member of Amanda Waller's Suicide Squad, but is due for parole from Belle Reve Prison.

>"What happens to a supervillain on their last day in Belle Reve Prison?," reads DC's description of the one-shot. "Against all odds, Killer Frost is up for parole from the Suicide Squad, but you can bet Amanda Waller isn’t going to make it easy for Frost to take her place on the new JLA."

so uh

killer frost is my favorite villain and all, but I never expected this in a million fucking years

Killer Frost is now on the Justice League of America. Jesus. What a time to be alive.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/82723931/
wearepoisonivyleague.tumblr.com/post/149670893001/poison-ivy-fans-betrayed-by-dc-comics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Vixen, The Ray, the Atom, and Caitlin Snow
CW synergy much?

maybe caitlin will get sent over to LoT and get to be useful instead of just murdering people with her vagina on Flash.

>it's another side buzz cut
I wonder if they'll realize this is going to be the mullet of the 10s

I give her two months

Saw the Vixen art
Kinda bummed she's getting ugly negro hair
I thought she was really hot when Benes was doing JLA and Vixen had that silky smooth hair

Whatever happened to Ice?

Don't see why the JL would want a potential spy for Waller in their ranks.

Why do people keep redeeming their villain waifus? That kills most of the appeal.

I am 100% on board with this

So what female villains are left who are still evil?

They're making a JSA too right?
I'm just wondering cuz I wanna read more Stargirl

to be fair Caitlin and Louise are two seperate characters.

Could we get a Redeemed Villain Waifu series ala Gotham City Sirens with Killer Frost, Livewire, and Giganta?

The unpopular ones. Popular characters become heroes.

Superwoman(Earth 3) is still around

Poison Ivy, Livewire, Cheetah, and Silver Banshee?

Nope.

Poison Ivy is at least neutral, only dipping her toe into evil during events

Livewire I'm not sure what she's doing.

Cheetah is currently in redemption mode I think

Banshee I think was last seen being Supergirl's BFF

>Poison Ivy

I know Cred Forums hated her mini, but I was kinda glad that it had her as a protagonist that still killed off people that pissed her off. She doesn't have to be a good person to have her own story.

>Poison Ivy
Kind of a good guy. She's at least an anti-hero most of the time.

>Livewire
Completely redeemed. She saved the world at least once

>Cheetah
Teaming up with Wonder Woman, but she's a bitch about it.

Silver Banshee is still evil I think, though.

I liked it

I'll be honest, I haven't really been keeping up with the present day storyline in Wonder Woman

How hot is she these days? Assault on Arkham is sort of the high-water mark, I think.

Ivy needs a fucking event where she's a main villain. Is she still basically a big-titted Swamp Thing? Why hasn't she been the major focus of a Batman story in a while? At her highest level she could be a Justice League villain.

Are there two killer frost again?

>killer frost is my favorite villain and all

Are you fucking serious? Name your favorite Killer Frost story.

The one where she reconnects with her sister and they let go of all the bad feelings of the past.

She was never a big-titted Swamp Thing, Swamp Thing is on a much higher level than her

She's always been one of he more popular minor villains, and tended to be one of the ones that always showed up in teamups. But I think the the one-two punch of Assault on Arkham and her appearance in Injustice got her kind of a boost. Then you had her showing up in the Flash TV show which made her super well known, and with Harley's popularity as a villainess-turned-heroine it seems like DC is giving KF the same kind of push.

Isn't she going to be in Trinity?

Ivy is basically Harley's girlfriend, and probably will be for a long while
The Gotham show might change that

The one where Louise tries to commit suicide and pretends to be Crystal because she blames herself for her friend's death.

>Kinda bummed she's getting ugly negro hair

As opposed to flowy, aking to silken aryan hair?

What are some other villeins you'd love to see turn "good"?

Was Killer Frost a Batman villain originally, or am I getting her mixed up with Mister Freeze?

Killer Frost was Firestorm villain

That or the one where she seduces Mister Freeze to help her kidnap Firestorm and ride him to the sun so she can drain the heat of its nuclear reaction, putting it out and killing the entire earth in the process.

But you probably don't read comics so I doubt you know those ones.

The Riddler would be fun.

But she's been close, hasn't she? Especially in the stories that lean more on her being a metahuman. Purely based on what she's shown in the past, she should be among the biggest threats in Batman's Rogue's Gallery, but instead she's mostly forgotten about.

>Silver Banshee is still evil I think, though.

Besties with Supergirl along with Maxima.

Forgot pic

>seduces Mister Freeze
Isn't the whole schtick of Mister Freeze that he's still holding out for healing his wife, but that otherwise his heart is as cold as the rest of him?

>Why hasn't she been the major focus of a Batman story in a while?

She was quite prominent in NML iirc. Thing is like most of modern day post Nu52, it largely portrayed her as sympathetic and she reverted back to Pamela Isley before she died in the stupid Hush ongoing, Gotham Knights by Lieberman.

He was awesome when he was a PD and more neutral then anything. Felt generally bad for him when he was used by the sirens.

that was retarded especially pre-oyl Freeze had revived Nora using the Lazarus Pit.

Firestorm villain. She's his nemesis.

They did that, actually. I liked it a lot. Two-Face did too.

Actually I'd love to see Batman leave Gotham for a while and have all the villains (besides Joker) end up getting Gotham under control for a while.

That happened too! That was a big plot point in All New Atom; she wanted to be good but Wonder Woman kept thinking she was evil and fucking with her, and ended up chasing her off.

I guess I meant in more in a team of sort. She was on the Secret Six B team if I remember correctly.

It seemed like she was turning into one (or at least not as evil) before nu52

Killer Croc

Nu52 Livewire is a villian.
She was a villain during Batgirl Burnside.

New 52 Killer Frost is a much more tragic character, not a full fledged villain at all.

She was never close to Swamp Thing's power levels.

>Two-Face did too.
Wait, did he get cured?

On the subject, are there any good story's about reformed villeins going legit?

Isn't Swamp Thing a White Lantern now?

He was cured in Hush by Loeb.

Then in Robinson's brief arc, he was shown to have replaced Batman during his one year sabbatical before Great White Shark framed him for a bunch of murders and his two-face personality resurfaced and scarred him again.

She was playing on his weaknesses. Nora is frozen and Killer Frost is the only woman in the entire world that he can actually touch.

KF is an outright psychopath who can be really good at playing on people's feelings when she's not driven by her own base emotions.

She should definitely be more of a threat to Batman, but she's still nowhere near Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing is effectively immortal, omniscient, and omnipresent. Wherever there are plants, so to is Swamp Thing. Poison Ivy, while powerful, is still tied to her physical body and I don't think she can extend her awareness through plants she controls

See, he feels bad about it but she's pushing, and she's really persuasive.

He was cured and in Batman Inc (I think it was Batman Inc.) Batman trusted him to take care of Gotham for him, but then he stopped trusting him, which made him shave his face off with a razor and go crazy again.

No.

Rebooted. Nu52 ST run by Snyder/Soule had Alec Holland becoming the head of the Parliament of Trees to combat the Rot. Soule however had reintroduced the Moore ST from Anatomy Lesson in a one-shot of Future's End where he was in possession of a white lantern ring, but it concluded before we got more infor due to his exclusive with Marvel.

She also gives him the cold shoulder afterwards...

there was an issue of Green Lantern where Killer Frost tried to go legit, but Jade bullied her and made her turn evil again.

It's in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/82723931/

Uh, isn't Killer Frost an unrepentant killer? As in, the reason her name has "Killer" in it? Why's she a hero all of a sudden?

No OYL take place before the start of Morrison's Batbook trilogy. The reformation happened due to Hush and he shot Hush off the bridge in Loeb/Lee story.

Batman places him in charge of Gotham in Robinson's eight issue story spanning Detective/Batman which directly precedes Morrison's

The Nu52 one is mostly a person who got screwed by a bunch of scientists who wanted additional grant money and stalled on a project she fixed and murdered her for it. So no.

I give her eleven minutes.

Major Disaster in Kelly's JLA. Heatwave was reformed in the 90s as part of Superboy's supporting cast until they turned all the classic Rogue's back into being villains.

I don't know but god do I hate it.

>But you probably don't read comics

I only read good comics. So that usually doesn't include Firestorm shit.

Harley Quinn.

She's Harley's best friend, Harley's an anti-hero right now, so Ivy can't be doing any serious ass arching because that'd mean she can't be available to sidekick for Harley.

Fuck everything.

Grilled by Grail

The entirety of Black Adam's character arc from JSA to 52 (Wheter he's good after that is up to debate). It made me fall in love with the character.

what said. Caitlin is kind of shitty, honestly.
Crystal Frost:
>Homely lonely virgin genius scientist with no self confidence
>caught in a cold fusion accident that turns her into a heat vampire with unstable powers that kill you
>becomes hot
>hates men for not liking her, uses her body to tease and taunt them before murdering them

Louise Lincoln:
>incredibly hot scientist who rode her best friend Crystal's coattails all through school
>emotionally abused Crystal in school, encouraging her self-hate and keeping her down out of jealousy, since being hot was the only thing Louise was better than Crystal at
>When Crystal's powers killed her Louise went crazy and blamed herself
>Recreates Crystal's experiment, dresses up like Crystal, and does what she thinks Crystal would do so she can pretend Crystal is still alive
>Completely unstable

Caitlin Snow
>SMART AND COOL AND PRETTY
>LOUISE INVENTED A THING BUT CAITLIN MADE IT WORK
>GETS SUPER POWERS IN AN ACCIDENT BECAUSE MEAN PEOPLE TRIED TO HURT HER :(
>IS SAD ABOUT BEING AN ICE MONSTER JUST LIKE MUH ELSA

and that's the three Killer Frosts.

>Killer Frost
>The Ray
>Vixen
>Atom
Holy fuck, this is almost as bad as that period inbetween DeMatteis/Giffen and Morrison where the League was a bunch of shitty literally whos like Tasmanian Devil, Obsidian and Ice Maiden. Not QUITE that bad but pretty close; DC needs to stop pretending anybody cares about Vixen.

>best friend
just two gals being pals

spotted the flashfag

JLI was pretty stacked with literally whos

>thinking Caitlin is an Elsa ripoff.

Forever Evil Killer Frost Sept/13
Frozen Nov/13

Close, but no.

I don't see any bias here against Caitlin at all.

>The Atom
>Vixen
>literally whos

nigger fuck you

DeMatteis and Giffen league was also made out of literal whos for most of its existence.

Jade is just the worst.

>that fucking sidecut
I THOUGHT THIS MEME HAIRSTYLE DIED ALREADY FUCK

Jade might be one of the worst female characters in all comics.

>cheat on someone
>slap him for it

>Cheats on Kyle
>Steals his apartment

Hope she doesn't come back via Rebirth.

>Captain Cuck on the Justice League
>Killer Frost on the JLA

interesting

Yes but the thing is that was sort of the point: they were treated as a team of lovable losers. Post-Zero Hour however you were supposed to take the idea that the premiere superhero team in the DC Universe was some Infinity Inc. cast offs and z-listers like Triumph seriously. Marvel did kind of the same thing too around the same time give or take a few years where you were getting shitty members like Gilgamesh and Triathlon or the team having to be led by Black Knight.

I also forgot about Robinson's shitty pre-Reboot team where it, again, included characters like Obsidian and Jade and he seemed to think anyone wanted to read about Congorilla or the Mikaal Thomas version of Starman.

Reminds me of 40 days and 40 nights,

> Get drugged and raped
> Somehow it's your fault and your gf gets mad and breaks up with you

Ririfag pls.

Robinson like McDuffie before him was largely told what to write by the editor Eddie Berganza. Aside from getting his pet characters, the Dr. Impossible story was largely a pet running thread of editorial's all the way back from Meltzer's Justice League. I think the various potential storylines in the last issue was actually the stuff he wanted to write.

Cold was never officially on the team though, he was simply Lex's body guard.

Characterfags were a mistake.

>Yes but the thing is that was sort of the point: they were treated as a team of lovable losers.

The JLI era was bitched about in exactly same manner as you are now when the book came out, nobody seemed like the fact that the team consisting of literal whos, and it was only years later that people started unanimously saying Bwahahahaha era was actually GOAT because it didn't have many A-listers.

The book hasn't even come out, we have no idea how they are going to treat and present this roster.

How mad is the ivy league

Absolutely mad.
>DIDIO LIED

Harley is where she has been yes but harley is not an anti hero.

She is a villan who ocasionaly does some good things.

Vixen is fucking b list.

Ivy and Frost fans are allies.

What did dido say she would be on the jla or is this just more of there wild imaginations.

Are all the members revealed yet.

>Captain Cuck
Has he ever been a cuck or are you 13 years old who this Cred Forums memes make you sound cool and help you blend in?

>Mad at Clayface being a member of the Bat family
>Mad at Killer Frost being in the JLA
>Mad at Harley Quinn for "holding back Ivy"
Ivyleague is hilarious

Man you fags bullied her too much, she went private on Twitter.
Now which Characterfag will provide us with top laffs?

She wrote a fucking article on Bleedingcool last month
wearepoisonivyleague.tumblr.com/post/149670893001/poison-ivy-fans-betrayed-by-dc-comics

Dark Tzitzimine.

Just wait until the inevitable, some dumb teenager who's obsessed with Harley Quinn to the point of believing that she is Harley Quinn and trying to find her own "puddin"

I give her a month
She should be glad she isn't a complete lolcow and that it's only Cred Forums who laughs at her

There's more than one Ivyfag user
There's a "league"

>Rich still being the anti-DC propagandist that he is

Why hasn't he killed himself?

Vixen is boring as fuck and a shitty character. She's Black Carol; she'll get put in shit by virtue of DC having no other black female characters but that doesn't actually make her a good character.

>killer frost is my favorite villain and all, but I never expected this in a million fucking years

>Killer Frost is now on the Justice League of America. Jesus. What a time to be alive.

This. I hope this can be a way to bring back Louise as the unapologetically evil villain she is.

But since Caitlin is current KF, I'm supporting this book regardless.

There's nothing inherently wrong with Vixen, she's basically black Animal Man. She's just waiting for a right writer to do something interesting with her in a team book.

> I hope this can be a way to bring back Louise as the unapologetically evil villain she is.

You. I like you.

>killer frost is my favorite villain and all

First time I ever heard that OP

>just waiting for a right writer to do something interesting
That's absolutely everyone, though.
Muh Arkham xD

>Is she still basically a big-titted Swamp Thing?

She's nowhere near Swamp Things level. She pretty much worships him like a God from what I remember

Yep, as she said in JL United. Can't remember why was she there. I do remember she was selling drugs when Batgirl shanghaied her.

Worst JLA since

Obsidian
Nuklon
Fire
Icemaiden
Power Girl
Blue Devil
Metamorpho
Wonder Woman

?

>killer frost is my favorite villain and all, but I never expected this in a million fucking years
literally how can that be somebody's opinion

probably one of somebody who reads comics desu

Firestorm fag presumably.

I will admit dc is starved for black females (which is odd because they are normaly pretty ahead of the curve diversity wise)

Butt fuck you vixen is great

I wonder what it's like to be this casual.

The fact that these retards are REEEEing that Vixen and Atom, two fucking staples of the Justice League, are being allowed to shine in a book just proves that they're worthless secondaries.

If she wants the swamp cock she will have to get in line its Mercury's turn next

Nah see it's synergy because they have been on the CW shows even though the CW shows are using every hero they're allowed to

Just another waifufag with shit taste, no different than Ivyfags.

>t.flashfag

Thanks.

I love all this push KF is getting lately.

>Black Manta and Rorschach
what

Because people said it'd be cool to have Rorschach and autism brigade went autistic.

>Injustice
>Assault on Arkham
>Flash
>DC Super Hero Girls
>starring in an event with JL vs SS
>MEMBER OF THE JUSTICE LEAGUE

How far can she go?

Ongoing when?

>not Livewire
>not Citizen Cold

>literally who
>literally who

What a time to be alive.

>How far can she go?

Suicide Squad 2 is the next step

>Ongoing when?

Rebirth Wave 3, leggo

>it's that one Injustice fag who thinks Cold and Manta fans hate each other

>females can't be villains anymore
Okay

She should hang out with Swampy more. Maybe become part of the Swampy/Animal Man/Abby Arcane gang.

Can you post shirtless Ryan?

Don't worry, you still have Wonder Woman's villains like Cheetah who no one cares for.

Females can't be villains for males, user.

I would love to see Ayer's Killer Frost, especially if he got to do Louise.

you didn't like Morrison coming in and putting the A team back on the JLA where they belong?

>casual doesn't realise both Cheetah and Giganta are good now

"Justice League" != "Justice League OF AMERICA," you fucking dipshit. Read a goddamn comic for once.

>Harley quinn
>poison ivy
>catwoman
I assume shes a villan right now i dont know what she is doing at the moment
>lena luthor
>the female furies
>female red lanterns
Bleez is on the train to redemptionvile though
>female yellow lanterns
>the women who recruited manta into n.e.m.o
>the new tech chick in squad
>batgirls teacher enemy
>Rose wilson
>grail (as much as we all want to forget her)

JL is JLA wtf are you on about nigga?

Harley and her trinity are mostly show on a good perspective.

The others you listed are new or not popular/iconic at all, and thus have no waifufags to redeem them...yet...because they would be if they got popular.

When they do, something else will have taken over; my hope is that pigtails make a comeback

Silver Banshee was good in Supergirl. Not sure if she is post Rebirth.

Why are they pushing her so hard? Young Justice, Injustice, Justice League. Is it just because she's female? Does Geoff Johns have a boner for her like Dini did for Zatanna?

When did the Ray become gay?

I wouldn't say they push her so hard as she rarely shows up in the comics in the first place.

Johns does like underdeveloped characters.

That and she was a relatively used female villain BEFORE her push, AND DC's well known villains are just Batman villains.
Having a non Batman villainness would be nice.

DC is saved! Love is back in the universe! They are embracing the legacy! Killer Frost is on the JLA.

>villainess
>on Justice League of America
>America
It all makes sense now.

Just now

He's gay in his CW cartoon thing and Morrison had a gay Ray in Multiversity

She's supposed to become a "galactic threat" in Trinity.

Aw, that's why Ivy League chick was going off on him.

Someone remind me how the JLA is different from the regular JL?

In New 52? JLA had government lording them over, JL answers to nobody but themselves.

fucking retard

this desu

Catwoman was already on the JLA.

Y'know, I would buy a book about a team of DC villains attempting to turn themselves into heroes. Sort of what the early thunderbolts did after they betrayed Zemo.

Suicide Squad is sorta that, but they're mostly still bad guys.

If it was up to me, I'd make the team consist of:
Giganta
Killer Croc
Clayface
Either Killer Frost or Captain Cold
Maybe a red lantern like Bleez
Maybe Cheetah
Maybe Riddler
Knowing DC they'd probably want to throw Harley Quinn and Deadshot on the team.

I don't know what you'd name it, but it'd be the first DC book I would buy.

Forever Evil Rogues Rebellion is kinda like that I guess

Isn't Secret Six like that?

Nobody is left on that team

JL is the main team, since the new 52 the JLA team is a government sponsored team.