Worst episode of Simpsons ever? Its getting harder to describe how bad these episodes are

Worst episode of Simpsons ever? Its getting harder to describe how bad these episodes are.
Thing's happen for no reason, forced drama etc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lAa2tp0eeTQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's almost like after decades that they're out of good ideas. Which is strange because every other show that lasted this long only got better and better with time

That's because those shows knew when to stop.

I will get shit for this.
But they need to do a time skip.
Then they can have as many new stories as they like. Bart can only fall in love so many times, lisa can only be an annoying cunt for so long etc.
Also for this episode, marge was such an uncalled for bitch. And the neighbour situation made no sense to me. What was the point in them, unless they are going to be a recurring character, which they won't because they both are from different eras of design.

It just needs to end
Some episodes from the original writers would be a great way to end it

I think the time skip WOULD be a way to end it.
They get a fresh slate and can do all the shit they want to do without any issues.
And if it fails they can end the series and blame it on the time skip.
It would be no worse that what we have now.

>south park
>doctor who
Both are now better than they were 10 years ago

Time skip would just be an excuse for them to make it even more like futurama than they've already made it

I'm not talking 30 years I'm talking high school for bart, finishing school for lisa, maggy starts in her own early years of school.4/5 years top

Wait is doctor who good again.

>>doctor who
Although I personally agree, especially with last season, many would lynch you for that opinion.

i dare you to sit through all 2 minutes and 48 seconds of this halloween ep
youtube.com/watch?v=lAa2tp0eeTQ

It's good if you're not one of those people who think tennant and matt are the best doctors

Wait a minute why is Marge angry at Homer for having a friend that is female when its established she's friends with Flanders?

>doctor who
>even remotely good anymore

I'm sorry you can't appreciate unfiltered kino user

Because she's a shit character.

>one good episode
>a good show

School's back, kid. You should really hurry on back, especially for those English classes.

That whole season was really good bar one episode though...

Tennant and Matt were average doctors with some good stories, Capaldi is a Great doctor with mostly very bad to average stories.

There is nothing even approaching the quality of Blink in the new seasons.

South park is shit now kid

The last episode I saw was the one with lady gaga, did it really get even worse than that?

The Lady Gaga episode will forever be the worst episode of the Simpsons ever, nothing could top its awfulness.
Find me a worse episode Cred Forums

That is the only episode of the simpsons i have not watched all of
So i guess it is the worst episode

>There is nothing even approaching the quality of Blink in the new seasons.

>what is Listen
>what is Heaven sent

Answer: both better than blink

Kang and Kodos are real and take the Simpsons to their home planet.

The one where simpsons go to not-disneyland and are abducted by kang and kodos and partake in futurama tier space shenanigans despite being a non-treehouse episode set in the present day

oh yeah, i guess i blocked that one out
You know that was going to be a second simpson movie, they thought it was that good of an idea

Contrast that with this - during the fourth season they had tossed around the idea of Kamp Krusty being the movie.

My how the times have changed.

Doctor Who's last two season have been absolutely terrible.

>"But it's not Halloween!"
>*pause for laughter*

I'm sorry characters actually talk to each other and it's no longer just running through corridors from a rubber suit, user
actually I'm not

>recreate the chips in space scene from old simpsons because lol remember that, references are funny even if you don't add a joke

Nothing will top the 30 minute fellatio that was the Lady Gaga episode as the worst Simpsons episode.

Easy.
Bart misses a baseball catch and loses a game, causing the entire fucking town to vilify him and make him suicidal.
At no point during that episode did I even crack a smile.

The worst episode ever is where Lisa forms a team of female coders who invent an AI

Doctor Who stopped being good when Amy and Rory left.

90s show is worse than Gaga

Just takes a huge dump on the grave that was seasons 3-7 which set up the 60s/70s past that Homer and Marge grew up in.

Voiced by Stephen Merchant no less

Doctor Who stopped being good in series 6, and became good again once capaldi showed up in series 8

This, I remember watching this episode when I was younger and getting depressed by it, and then my sister told me to stop complaining because it was just a cartoon.
What a bitch

I would say the first half of series 6 was pretty ok and A Good Man Goes to War was a pretty good cliffhanger. Then the second half really dropped the ball.

thank you for defending doctor who

t. /who/re

go to bed cats

I've always held the opinion that the Simpsons should never have a sliding timescale. The use of technology always seems off. Probably due to how outdated the references are by the time of the episode's airing.

Instead, the Simpsons should just have blanket homages and parodies that are non-descriptive.

As well, I would easily tell the team that they need to stop with the shitty coach gags referencing pop culture (full songs and the AT homage) and forcing celebrities onto the show as themselves rather than a new one-off character. Everyone gives the Lady Gaga episode shit for good reason. Look at the Michael Jackson episode to see how a good celebrity guest star can be done.

Lastly, fire Al Jean into the sun. He is the cancer on the show.

no. i'm a Cred Forumsmblr now

''muh continuity autism!''

Moes dishrag has wacky adventures

not really. The latest season got really REALLY bad and managed to save it at the last second with a really good two parter and a nice standalone episode that shit the bed when it went back to gallifrey.

Also they made the Master a chick to pander and prove timelords can change sex instead of bringing in the Rani which is absolutely fucking retarded. Not to mention in like three appearances or less of doing this they had the master make out with the doctor because no reason. I'm no tennantfag but they're just not giving capaldi the writing he needs. He can act, he has gravitas, he has charisma, and he's getting shit scripts at some points. And there has been a ton of stupid shit for example:

Tennant:
>I… believe. I believe I haven’t seen everything, I don’t know. It’s funny, isn’t it? The things you make up—the rules. If that thing had said it came from beyond the universe I’d believe it, but before the universe… that’s impossible. It doesn’t fit in my rules. Still, that’s why I keep travelling. To be proved wrong.

Capaldi:
>Flat out refuses to believe Robin Hood could be real when he meets him, throws a bitch fit about it when it might be real. He's obviously not, but rather than figure it out he acts like a jealous new boyfriend when Clara seems excited to meet him.

I've been watching the show since the classic era and I nearly dropped it this season has been so bad. But the zygon two parter kept me interested. I hope it gets better when Chibnall replaces Moffat as showrunner though.

I think it was telling that the single best episode Capaldi's been in so far is by far the one where the plot is The Doctor trapped in an Adventure Game.

He's the best/only worthwhile part of the show, and he's sorely underutilized.

And his new companion seems shit from the teaser.

Shows don't usually last 27+ continuous years.

>Also they made the Master a chick to pander and prove timelords can change sex instead of bringing in the Rani which is absolutely fucking retarded.
>he actually, unironically would have preferred Missy to be the Rani

>I will get shit for this.
>But they need to do a time skip.
I've actually said this multiple times in the past

>Thing's happen for no reason, forced drama etc

>wear pink shirt
>SUDDENLY MICHAEL JACKSON LOOK EVERYBODY WATCH OUR SHOW

you fucking faggot OP

it's still the same filmlook action claptrap that doesn't really try and make you think about anything, but at least it's not Doctor Squeaky or endless shit about River Song nobody gives a crap about

that got really creepy really quickly

I wouldn't have preferred missy be the rani, but there was no need to make the master into missy if they had brought back the rani.

Look at the plot. It's all human experimentation, that's like the Rani's fucking calling card.

Seriously, why wouldn't you use that as a chance to FINALLY reintroduce her? Now if they do everyone is gonna think the Rani is a Missy knockoff.

Well, shows like Star Trek or Doctor Who can keep going that long because they keep constantly swapping out characters, settings, and plot devices - either by rebooting, or by keeping the show in the same setting but moving the timeline. It lets them stay fresh, take new chances with the material, and give the new blood a chance.

The Simpsons, on the other hand, has been nearing thirty years of the same characters, the same setting, the same actors, and the same status quo. Hell, Al Jean is still showrunner after fifteen years of people calling his reign one of the worst. I don't think anyone could keep putting out good material after that. Even South Park, its closest counterpart in that field, has changed up its style quite a lot over the years (moving from Raunchy Peanuts to Libertarian Social Commentary to Twisted News Channel to even experimenting with longer-form story arcs and character development). The Simpsons hasn't done that; it's still putting out the same episodic stories, the same status quo, the same characters. The only major difference between the new episodes and the old ones is HD animation and not being funny.

>, why wouldn't you use that as a chance to FINALLY reintroduce her?
Because the Rani sucks and will never be reintroduced.