ITT: shows that can't be made in this day and age

ITT: shows that can't be made in this day and age

It's just not the same.

why not?

>The Boondocks
dares to criticize black culture, points out that blacks are no innocent victims, and are responsible for a fair chunk of the shit that keeps happening to them
>The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
tells it how it is - life sucks, people are scum, being nice only leads you to getting your ass kicked, lives do not matter, only the cruel can prosper

Anything else and it would be just a bad clone or religion bashing

>life sucks, people are scum, being nice only leads you to getting your ass kicked, lives do not matter, only the cruel can prosper.

isn't that almost the setting of almost every batman cartoon?

Rescue Rangers, due to having a sexy furry female character. A lot of shows in this era liked to have sexy girls, but also non-human girls, which taught our dicks weird things.

>dares to criticize black culture, points out that blacks are no innocent victims, and are responsible for a fair chunk of the shit that keeps happening to them
Didn't the Luke Cage show do that like last week?

Boondocks criticizes all culture. It's social commentary. If all you walked away with was "criticizes black culture" then you missed the point.

it was too hard-core for Nick back in the day
today's wimps can barely handle a fragment of that

>dares to criticize black culture, points out that blacks are no innocent victims, and are responsible for a fair chunk of the shit that keeps happening to them

Dude

Oh boy, another thread where people who only saw that one bit from the MLKjr episode try to talk about the entire series.

This, boondocks may have pointed out the downside of negative stereotypes in black communities, but they showed almost as equally just how stupid everyone else can be in this great nation of ours

Boondocks is modern day All in the Family. A lot of people watched it and laughed, never realizing they were the joke.

let me guess i bet you think uncle ruckus is the voice of reason.

also >dares
luke cage just did this. You can talk about the problem effecting black communities without looking like a racist or a idiot but i dont believe you can.

>inb4 outdated Cred Forums racecharts

He was pointing out the parts of it that wouldn't fly today in response to the question posed by the user he replied, not the entire message of the show.

To be fair, criticizing black culture is generally treated as a taboo in most media, so the fact that the Boondocks did so is pretty astounding (even if it was just part of the overall message).

have you not heard of zootopia?

>I've never seen Black Dynamite or Legends of Chamberlain Heights.

Shut up. Black people make black shows that poke fun at themselves all the time.

KYS.

Batman is too much of a wuss
he never ate a kid's flesh for fun

I think he's talking about shows that discuss racial issues from a somewhat non-biased point. Not shows black people made.

wasn't Black Dynamite basically all >superior black master race
?

>To be fair, criticizing black culture is generally treated as a taboo in most media
In what universe?

You clearly didn't watch black dynamite nigga.

this one

Who do you think made the boondocks?

What the fuck are you talking about cuck? That show was made a few years ago and still has reruns

Boondocks was made by a black guy nigga

Which is why he said from a non-biased point you poofs. How did two people make the same stupid mistake?

>so the fact that the Boondocks did so is pretty astounding
Plenty of shows did that. All those fucking wigger shows existed pretty much to show off how retarded ghetto ""culture"" is. TV had loads of race based humor up until like 2012.

> Latest season airs Spring 2014
> makes a "shows that couldn't be made today" OP anyways

2 Years isn't that fucking long.

I thought it was a parody of cheesy blacksploitation films.

invader zim still baffles me.
"hey, this guys most known work is a comic called johnny the homicidal maniac. lets give him a kids cartoon show."

boondocks is against everything bro

so you mean from a white guy perspectice

Well constructed bait.

There are stranger things, like Paul Robertson getting tapped for Gravity Falls.

Blacks loves this show desu

but SJWs don't

To be fair, Paul Robertson didn't get tapped until after Mercenary Kings came out, which is rather tame compared to his earlier work. I doubt anyone who hired him ever even watched Kings of Power 4 Billion%.

Rocko's Modern Life.

It had a male cow being milked.

Did you see what Danny Antonucci made before he did Ed, Edd n' Eddy on a dare?

Clearly the key to making a great children's cartoon is putting the last people you'd imagine in charge.

Boondocks was the realest shit on TV. I loved binge watching that show. Is it on Netflix?

Boondocks criticises black culture hard. Luke Cage barely scrapped the surface. Until a show has Katrina victims as mooching scan artist then you could have a point

>Did you see what Danny Antonucci made before he did Ed, Edd n' Eddy on a dare?

What, Lupo the Butcher? Everybody has a dark spot on their work history, and Antonucci was already well known for his work on The Smurfs and Scooby-Doo & Scrappy-Doo.

Any given action cartoon.

Good god, can you imagine the fallout if they had aired Duckman's rant on women? The studios would have gotten firebombed.

Boondocks aired from 2006-2010, then returned for the last season in 2014. How is that not this day and age?

Its the current year!
pre 2011 is more 2000s era
the mid 2010s was when leftism jumped the shark and SJW were already a million miles past the sanity Rubicon,

continuity doesn't count because they don't have to pitch the show and cant retroactively revoke whats already been commissioned and aired, plus a show with an existing fan base isn't much risk compared to an entirely new show