Cartoon has trippy/colorful visuals and off-putting animation

>Cartoon has trippy/colorful visuals and off-putting animation.
>"Wow, were the creators on drugs when they made this?"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pmbzhRB7EPk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Character says a curse word or does some innuendos
>"how did they get away with this???"

>someone posts still image of a smear frame
>"haha the animation is so bad xD"

>Cartoon characters display a bit more emotion with their facial expressions
>"haha, they're doing a meme face"

Do people actually say that now?

On certain shows during talkback threads only.

>Teen or younger character has something bad happen to them
>They react immaturely or angrily to it
>"Ow, the edge!"

Plus points, the character just so happened to be wearing a gray/black shirt or has black hair.

>Episode where one character gets understandably angry with another.
>"This show is so mean spirited."

>Character gets fat briefly as a joke
>Its a fetish show

>Characters are close friends
>"Lol, they're obviously going to be a couple."

>How is this for kids?!

That's not too bad, unless it's tumblr obsessively shipping two same-sex characters and then calling everyone a homophobe non-ironically if they don't ship it as well.

>Episode is about a character having a sad day
>The show is so mature for it's time.

i love this thread

>Character is 9 years old
>"I want to fuck that character"

It's their fault for making the 9 year old so fuckable.

>Show involves hardcore violence or has everyone be an asshole
>"This show is so mature and deep!"

>Characters are really close with each other
>People get angry if you ship them because they're the same gender

>people deny the obvious when there literally soul mates

idk man, that one episode of dandy

>cartoon deals with a mature subject in an episode
>"THIS CARTOON IS SO DEEP, MAN, IT'S NOT FOR KIDS, DESPITE BEING A KID'S CARTOON ON A KID'S CARTOON CHANNEL, LIVE ACTION TV HAS NOTHING ON THIS."

>show has basic continuity and revisited environments
>"WOW THIS SHOW HAS DEEP LORE!"

I watched Dandy for the first time during my first acid trip

I seriously thought the drugs didnt kick in for the first 2 hours and it was all the show.

man that was fun

>character becomes a furry for half an episode as a joke
>It's totally not a fetish show, guys!

>Cartoon makes a reference to something no kids would ever get
>WOW THIS IS NOT FOR KIDS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Thats half the fucking mlp episode titles

>>It's totally not a fetish show, guys!
Who the fuck says that?

>Characters are close rivals
>"Lol, they obviously love each other"

Fact: the average viewer doesn't enjoy homosexual couples as well heterosexual couples. Making your main character a fag will often lead to a decline in viewers

People from Cred Forums.

That's why it's best to do it in a book or a VN.

>"Wow, were the creators on drugs when they made this?"
God I can't stand it when faggots say this. Just because your imagination is so desolate and sad doesn't mean other people need to use drugs to come up with something creative and wonderful.

It's just as bad as when tards say "lol I watched this while high XD"

Not our fault most shows refuse to do even that.

Shut up and watch more cartoons. Plenty of shows, both action and comedy, have been doing it since the 60s

>kids cartoon isn't a pure comedy and deals with issues above what 4 year olds deal with
>might have blood in it
>"this isn't for kids despite being a cartoon"
>"this is so mature and amazing"

Like Cap and Bucky right?

This is equally bad.

Looks like there's still room to hope in this little blue world.

>appealing to 11% of the population results in a drop in interest from the other 89%

Woooooooooooooooooooow how was I supposed to know???

>Cartoon is ugly as fucl/vulgar/not really that appealing
>Writing is okay but nothing amazing, maybe a bit over other cartoons
>"Lol user, the writing is amazing, you just don't know good comedy!"
Looking at you F is For Family/Brickleberry/Problem Solverz/Ugly Americans

Ask tumblr (and Marvel comics) since they seem to think that the best way to appeal to a large group of people is to appeal to the smallest populations. The rarer the better, right?

I liked GF but my god the fanbase was so bad about that. The northwest manor episode was up there with breaking bad's tortuga if you listened to them.
Reddit especially is terrible about this stuff, it's like they're so insecure about appearing mature that they have to try and rationalize to anonymous strangers who already think they're barely-literate faggots anyways.

I had the same reaction to Bojack Horseman (seriously the first few episodes have the worst jokes I've ever seen) but apparently it gets better as it gets dramatic

I don't think it's pandering so much as the ones in charge pushing an agenda and getting other people together who support that, which is how it's always been fr the comics industry.

People tend to forget how cheap they are to write and how few people read them.

So South Park threads on Cred Forums?

>The Show's Art Style is ugly or doesn't look like a generic anime

>"Clearly the show must be shit!"

Same with Ed, Edd, and Eddy, as well as the Klasky-Csupo cartoons. Eugh.

>Implying live action TV is mature
Half of it is gangster shit for edgy manchildren.

>11%
That stat keeps going up for no reason.

Has anyone said brickleberry has amazing writing?
Holy fuck I hope not. That was the worst show I have ever seen, no joke.
It was offensively, aggressively, unrelentingly unfunny.
Family Guy looked like a monument to human achievement, a once-in-a-lifetime piece of comedic genius, compared to this trash.
Big Bang Theory is closer to becoming my favorite piece of media of all time than this was to becoming watchable.
The Cleveland Show replacing King of the Hill is less of a crime than allowing this show to be seen by anyone outside of Guantanamo Bay.
None of these metaphors are even close to describing how terrible that show was; I simply don't have the writing ability to properly express my feelings towards it. FUCK that show was bad.

I actually thought it was funnier than Family Guy and laughed once or twice

But yeah, my original point stands. Also, Daniel Tosh is a terrible actor in any medium.

Ed Edd and Eddy wasn't ugly though, it had a distinct, smooth artstyle.

People like you annoy me, you hyperbole your way into comparing a cartoon to torture and then still think that's not enough?

If you haven't given it a shot past those first 3 episodes (that's how long it took for me, 4 had some laughs and by 5 I was hooked), you're doing yourself a disservice.

Drama and character development/interactions aside, it can be really fucking funny. Bojack is probably my favorite show of the last few years so I can't recommend it enough.
For reference, here are other shows I find funny: Always Sunny, Peep Show, The Office (both but US is my fave fite me), Gintama, Curb+Seinfeld, that should be enough to give you a reference point.

I watched up until episode 5 and stopped, that pop-star parody was rom-com levels of bad.

Also I watch Office, Sunny, and Parks and Rec and the humor styles aren't really that similar.

What do you think hyperbole is? Anyways, I'll assume you haven't seen it or we wouldn't be having this conversation. Annoyed or not, you should keep it that way.

Not gonna lie, I pretty much never think this just because a cartoon has psychedelic visuals, but holy crap, Don Bluth's films have actually made me wonder. Particularly the injection sequence in The Secret of Nimh and the flight to heaven in All Dogs Go To Heaven. I've actually had trips like those, and if the animators weren't on drugs, then they've got some trippy brains to begin with.

You're exaggerating a fuck load. It wasn't too bad compared to the rest of the crap Comedy Central airs. If you compare them to South Park, then yes it sucked.

>Its a shitty show
>"Its a good show to watch when you get high"

>the humor styles aren't really that similar.
I didn't say they were, I was giving a reference point for what I found funny so you'd have something to go on.
I don't really understand the rom-com comparison but don't watch it if you don't want to, no skin off anyone's back but your own.

JUST

>Character is gay
>People describe the character as gay and refuse to discuss any other character traits other than that
>protect this gay smol cinnamon roll yaaassss

Being an SUfag is suffering.

You're lying, no one liked Problem Solverz to defend it

>show is violent or has unlikeable characters
>"this show is gross and mean-spirited"

Don't make gay characters. Problem solved.

>Show by Klasky Csupo
>"It's so gross I'm gonna vomit eewwwww"

Hyperbole is exaggeration as a literary device to emphasize points, and possibly the most overused one on the internet.
There's a point where i can't take it seriously at all, like when women call cat-calling rape.

>new cartoon comes out
>have some decent threads about it, discussion is civil, or at least civil as a thread on Cred Forums can be
>cartoon goes on, gains some popularity and a bigger audience
>"THIS CARTOON SUCKS, I'VE ALWAYS HATED IT. A-AM I COOL YET, GUYS?"

Hating something just because it's popular doesn't make you cool it just makes you look like a hipster faggot.

again, what do you think hyperbole is? but I wasn't exaggerating about everything, it really is the worst show I've seen in a long time (not counting things that don't even try).

Maybe we have different sense of humor but it was the most try hard, not funny, just irredeemably bad thing I've seen outside in recent memory, with one exception.
they tried so hard to be 'offensive' (and failed at that pretty miserably as well. if I was ten years younger and this came out ten years sooner maybe) that they forgot there were supposed to be jokes. Disagree if you want but this was not exaggerated.

btw, this is the exception I metioned. it's really defies understanding how someone could spend time and effort and this be the end result.
youtube.com/watch?v=pmbzhRB7EPk

Nobody is arguing against that, it's just not torture you drama queen.

It's almost like it's impossible for a cartoon to lose steam and start to show its weakness as it goes on, couple with more people watching increasing the amount of people criticizing it.

>autism speaks

This is the only 'trippy episode' I've watched that I'm convinced is someones verbatim acid trip.

>Nobody is arguing against that
except, you know, the guy I replied to.
I don't know why you decided to make your stand against hyperbole here but
a) didn't actually compare it to torture
b) anyone comparing a cartoon to torture is obviously not being serious and literal
c) people aren't going to tailor their literary device usage to your personal tastes and finally
d) some people (not me of course) might think taking a weirdly hostile and personal stance against a literary device could be considering being a bit of a drama queen

btw
wasn't me, if you're thinking I'm alone in finding you a bit unhinged about this.

>boring, generically-written, by-the-numbers show comes out
>"It's COMFY!"

You mean "season 2 comes out"? That's usually how it works. It used to be "season 4 comes out" but season 4 syndrome was pushed to season 2 now due to bad writers. Luckily Brave and the Bold didn't suffer this.

>child character consistently acts older/more mature than their actual age
>they do something horrible
>"they're just a kid, they didn't know better"

There's definitely a few that were clearly written by/drawn out by someone "experienced". nothings coming to mind but I've got shit memory when it comes to this stuff.

Isn't that the poin? It's meant to be safe and predictable but with a few different aspects so they don't get sued.

>Characters react in an emotionally realistic manner to an event
>"OH MY GOD THIS SHOW IS FOR ADULTS NOT EVEN FOR KIDS ANYMORE"

that's the new go to word for when they can't think of anything of substance good to say about it. not funny, interesting, exciting, or entertaining? guess it's comfy.

Hate that. Choose one or the other.

>something in a cartoon happens
>post about it on a not Russian adolescence moving pictures photography/art discussion internet service.

Never thought I'd see Mad Thad's court docs on Cred Forums.

man SU has some stuff to piss me off
>character is supposed to be agendered alien
>picky about the genitals on cross-species potential alien mates?
basically a lot of the stuff about them being aliens but not really being aliens that much, or being lesbians but not really but yeah really.
It takes me out of the show and reminds me their trying to be parabolic or whateves.

Just the whole kid acting waaay different than someone their age actually acts gets me. If you want an adult main character, make them an adult!

Evangelion was pretty bad about this too, 14 year olds who occasionally talk like 20 somethings who read a bunch of philosophy on wikipedia during an acid trip once.

>Character cries and shows sadness over something bad that happened
>"Lmao, what a fucking pussy"

I've seen that a few times on Cred Forums.

>don't watch it if you don't want to, no skin off anyone's back but your own.
....I know.

I never insulted you for liking it, you're being awfully defensive there bud

Yes, my 3 word post launching you on a rant sure shows you're not the kind to overreact.

only virgins think two opposite-sex people can be very good friends without at least some sexual tension

Oh you know how Cred Forums is.

One of the most effective ways to tick people off is to call their favorite thing a meme

Sums up Mr. Enter in a nutshell.

what, was it 10% yesterday?

Id think gems are generally pansexual. Attraction is just kind of random for them. They like someone ore they don't, though it would make sense that Pearl would prefer girls, or Amethyst would prefer guys, etc.

>character canon gay
>peoples get mad when someone don't follow the canon

Use the logic

This.

This is really funny.

fuck off

to be fair totally spies gave me my latex and mind control fetishes

this
other than korra I can't think of any other nonhetero character's show I've watched

>>"this isn't for kids despite being a cartoon"
I mean the simpsons, south park, rick and morty etc aren't really targeted towards childre, even though they're cartoons

just another normal day in tumblr

And saved

>calling someone a fat shit
>on tumblr
I knew they were hypocritical but man...

Most of these HAVE to be tongue-in-cheek

>tumblr
>tongue in cheak

The problem is that writers in their 20's and 30's are writing from their own perspective and putting it into the body of a teenager or preteen. It's an uncreative way to get ideas across because they can't even imagine any other perspective than their own without villainizing it.

what show? Wakfu?