How come the most ludicrously overpowered superhero has the most pathetic villains to fight?

How come the most ludicrously overpowered superhero has the most pathetic villains to fight?

Like, really? You're all gonna shoot him? With guns?

That's the whole idea of the Rogues. They have no chance against Flash seperately so they team up.

even so, according to what the Flash has been able to do, might as well have 3000 thugs and it wouldn't make a difference

Superman's biggest villain has zero powers

But Cold, Mirror Master and Weather Wizard can all hand the Flash's ass to him.

Mirror Master in particular basically has the mirror version of the Speed Force. How does his mirror gun work? Who cares, it's mirrors, I don't gotta explain shit.

What you read about the Flash in a meme image on Facebook =/= what he actually does

>How come the most ludicrously overpowered superhero has the most pathetic villains to fight?
It's a silver age thing

He's like the most powerful man on earth. What influence does captain cold have?

Read Johns' Flash, because he was great at making the Rogues extremely threatening while keeping Wally absurdly powerful.

The point is not everything is just about power levels and punching each other.

>super intelligence isn't a power
>having money isn't a superpower
>powered armor isn't a superpower
>being President isn't a superpower

Got to bed Luthor.

Why do people think of everything in power levels. It gets annoying when people say "Flash is a God no one can beat him"

He's a cold ass negro from the streets, he's like Omar from The Wire. His natural super human level thug instincts makes him a JL level threat or ally, as we've seen on Forevel Evil and the followup story on Justice League.

Doesn't Cold have a force field to slow the Flash down? Also can't Mirror Master make duplicates to throw off Flash?

Flash is a god. No one can beat him. The only way anyone could be the Flash is by forced writing making him act incompetent. Which is about the same as Superman losing to Batman by tripping over a banana peel.

This.
Mirror master will thank Flash for the reflective bits in his costume and pop out one of them and deck him.

If you think the Flash is bad look up Firestorm's rogue's gallery
A guy who change the molecular composition of things, essentially remake reality as he sees fit, as much as he wants, his most common villains are a low tier shaman and a guy who's good with knots.

I mean Killer Frost is his most popular villain and she only figured out how to slow him down by making the temperature Absolute Zero once. Then never tried it again.

Read Crossfire by Geoff Johns. In fact it would be better if someone storytimed here.

Entire point of that arc was Wally was put in a dire situation for belittling them for years.

t.casual

I wonder how any enemy hits someone who can move at light speed.

Cold is the only guy whose weapon really works, since he can AOE cold field the whole area.

Why would fire work on Flash?

Flash can't move that fast inside a city lest he create a highly destructive sonic boom.

>can
Operative word here. Flash can move FTL but he doesn't normally because its incredibly unnecessary. It wastes his energy and can become very dangerous.

>Why would fire work on Flash?
Because that fire is really fucking hot. When flash is moving a fucking mach 10 with his costume completely unmarred, the guy who is capable of melting it right off isn't somebody to scoff at.

Seriously, the point of the Rogues is that they only seem so weak because its fucking Flash. Everytime they run into another person or otherwise crossover they're highly effective and very lethal.

I second the story timing of this

I thought the whole point of the Speed Force was to prevent sonic booms, friction, inertia, etc., to explain why he doesn't kill everyone he tries to save.

it's more for himself than his environment.

It's for the environment to when it's convenient.
>speed force lol

>muhh evil speedsters
Eat shit

It's not WHAT their powers are but the inventive way in which they USE them that makes them into great villains.

They're resourceful and clever, taking shitty powers/tech and employing them in unexpected ways that make them a threat to a guy who can run faster than light.

That's why people love them.

A shaman could gave amazing powers though.

God I hate casuals

They're a left-over from a simpler and sillier era.

Nevertheless, conceptually they're overpowered. Captain Cold has a molecular-stopping gun. Mirror Master has essentially the equivalent of the Speed Force but for mirrors. Weather Wizard is obscenely powerful. Together they can beat speedsters without problem. It just took a writer that realized that potential like Johns.

You obviously missed the "mirror master vs anyone" thread.

They're not though

You're thinking if Hal Jordan

>Mirror Master has essentially the equivalent of the Speed Force but for mirrors.
Explain.

Not too familiar on the Rogues (to my detriment, I'm sure) but the one time he showed up in Justice League, he had this whole mirror dimension that he could use to pop in and out of any mirror he wanted. The Flash got trapped in there, and the only way he managed to get out was by Batman leaving a flare at the entrance.

Also, if I remember that one movie with him, he can do hard-light illusions that would put Mysterio to shame. Even the speed force can't beat the speed of light

He'said gone way past bulls hit on his powers. Didn't he use "mirror hypnotism" at one point? And yeah, he has access to an entire mirror dimension and its denizens.

Flash is overpowered but he's a dumb-ass who constantly forget that he is overpowered

>Together they can beat speedsters without problem. It just took a writer that realized that potential like Johns.

Yeah that's the main problem with Flash lore now. Rogues push writers to put their creativity in it. But writing evil speedsters are much easier.

Manapul tried to turn them into metahumans but Johns immediately fixed some of them in Forever Evil immediately.