At their absolute best, which show is better?

At their absolute best, which show is better?

Spongebob, obviously.

Spongebob of course
This is like comparing SAO to Berserk

As a huge fan of SU, I'm going to have to say Spongebob. At it's absolute best, Spongebob's writing is legendary.

>People will unironically say Steven Universe

Even at its best Steven Universe is astoundingly average and just mediocre at delivering on its exciting premises.

Spongebob to this day has aged fantastically and is just an all around joy to watch to anyone that isn't a tasteless fag.

>To this day
>To this day exactly

I'm not gonna say SU is better than Robert Rectangletrousers, but that show is a zombie now, you'll get any enjoyment out of seasons 1-8, the rest is for children "who don't know no betta"

I'm honestly not sure how someone could look at both shows at their best and pick SU over Spongebob

1-5*

at their absolutely best?

Steven Universe

Spongebob easily.

just like that

Spongebob at it's absolute best is the greatest achievment of man.

Im a huge SU fag but you can't deny it

Spongebob at its absolute best was as good as classic Looney Tunes.

Why are you comparing a pure comedy show with a slice-of-life mixed with fantasy/sci-fi drama?

He's a fecal meteorologist trying to forecast a shitstorm he created. Like Jim Cantore and how he created Katrina.

I thought it was silently agreed yet implied that people only ever distinctly mean seasons 1-3 of Spongebob when it's praised.

At their best, they're completely different genres.

At it's best, SU is a heart melting drama.

Spongebob is always a comedy.

SU will never be as funny Top Spongebob, but Spongebob will never make me cry.
Which one of those constitutes better art is up to you.

In other words, don't compare apples to oranges son.

Spongebob at its worst is better than SU. This battle is overkill.

Might as well as "Superman vs. an ant" next. And not the strong ones.

Heart melting slice of life may have been a better choice of words for me there, but whatever

>but Spongebob will never make me cry.
GARY COME HOME

A STOVE IS A STOVE
NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO

Face it kid, Spongebob beats SU in every way.

>He didn't cry during that episode where Mr. Krabs sold Spongebob
You're completely heartless.

>Gary Come Home made him cry
You what? I don't think you are old enough for Cred Forums.

Spongebob. Now, the real question is, what episodes ARE Spongebob at its best?

>SU is a heart melting drama.
So those boohoo crying episodes are still being made because people actually feel from them? Fucking christ I thought the SUfags at least knew it was bullshit. You must be pretty underage if you cried at "omg garnet stopped talking to pearl" "omg amethyst feels bad about being made" "omg steven dropped a pancake"

It doesn't make me cry personally but the sentiment is that Spongebob doesn't have sad moments, not the literal sense of his phrase.

SU doesn't make me cry either, but that's not because of lack of sad moments, just because of how terrible it is. The writing is so bad that the "sad" moments fail to cause any emotional resonance. The only time I would cry while watching SU is if I was forced to watch multiple episodes in one go because of how awful that show is.

>to this day
Shit taste confirmed

Band Geeks
Doodlebob
Bubble Bass episode.

In that order.

>SU
>heart melting

Are you a sensitive baby or just stuck in highschool?

I didn't mean anything past the movies at best, user. I don't think anyone on this board is that tasteless.

>Shit taste confirmed
Yea, Rick and Morty is the worst.

>>>>>>>>To this day
user... are you alright? Did you recently get shot in the head? See a doctor man.

There are very few Spongebob episodes that can be considered "bad" if you're being honest. At most the ones people consider bad are actually only mediocre.

>Crying because a show you don't like is on
Was your goal here to make yourself sound like less of a little bitch? Because it didn't work.

spongebob at worst is better than steven universe at best

Read the thread

I meant if I was strapped down, clockwork orange style.

Anyone can just turn off the TV. Try thinking rationally for once. Plus it was hyperbole.

Different shows.
SpongeBob didn't have an overarching plot. It was never meant to be more than a comedy.
Su was meant to be a bit more of a story than just pure comedy.

>AT ITS BEST

You people are all retarded.
OG Spongebob is GOAT and this is coming from a mega Pearlfag

Steven Universe

BUT
Mainly because I didn't grow up with SpongeBob. I don't really have any nostalgia for the show, save for the 2005(?) movie. Even going back and watching earlier SpongeBob, it's just not a show I have any love for. I can't judge what I don't care about. And I'm not going to praise SU to the sun and back, it's fine at best, with wasted potential at times.

So am I wrong? Probably, but either way I'm a grown man watching children's cartoons. Personal opinion, I guess.

So basically you're retarded.

both are overrated trash.

Steven Universe fails at "heart melting drama" because of its godawful pacing and dependency on crying. All this "pent-up emotions woah 180 degree turn so shocking" bullshit is mediocre writing because they work within an 11 minute time slot so they can't bother to build tension. Try conveying sadness without tears for fuck's sake, it's like the crewniverse never grew out of DeviantArt.

Been a long time since I watched a good bunch of Spongebob, but I'd have to go with Spongebob. Steven Universe definitely has some emotional, narrative, and visual heights, but they're more dependent on the circumstances around the first airing rather than the episode on its own.

One earned its spot as overrated at least.

I don't think I've seen Steven Universe at its best, so it's hard to say. I know Spongebob's hit its peak but SU's story is relatively fledgling.

>implying loud house doesn't belong in that bin as well.

everything is trash

I just knocked SU in my argument. If anything, I agree with more.
Comparing garbage to something I don't care about is barely a comparison. Maybe the real reason I don't care about SpongeBob is the same reason I don't care about Finding Nemo, despite it being universally praised. It's fucking fish.

@86736135
@86736179
>cartoon pissing contest
kill yourself.

/thread

>the first 3 posts say Spongebob
>4th post is SOMEONE IS GONNA SAY SU I KNOW IT, DONT YOU GUYS GET IT SU IS BAD, BAD!!!

PANCAKES PANCAKES PANCAKES PANCAKES PANCAKES PANCAKES PANCAKES PANCAKES PANCAKES PANCAKES PANCAKES PANCAKES

Two different kinds of shows that you come to for two different things.
Comparing SU and Avatar or Spongebob and Regular Show would make more sense.

spongebob