If people raise 10 billion dollars a year for cancer research (fundraisers, marathons, donations...

If people raise 10 billion dollars a year for cancer research (fundraisers, marathons, donations, susan komen etc) why is their still no cure?

You know why. You canĀ“t make money with healthy people.

Because there's only one real type of cancer - white people

Found the shitskin/muslim.

The same reason why HIV isn't being cured. Population control.

Because cancer is a category and not an actual disease. There are fucktons of different types of cancer, and since it's autoimmune the only real way to deal with it is through current methods or genetic editing/Nano bots.

>tfw the image made me think this was another fucking member berries post

Well when you've cured cancer then you can tell us how easy it was

Pretty much this

We have a decent cure for Chronic myelogenous leukemia, and some other types of cancer. It's gonna take a while to find out the exact molecular alterations for the rest of cancers.

Cancer is natural

Everyone has had cancer at some point in time, however our body has natural defenses against it. So in small amounts doesn't do shit, but when you drink a ton of sugar which sends cancer into overdrive makes it much more difficult for the body to combat it.

Cancer itself is just that the cell is deformed and ended up not working appropriately so the only cure for cancer is basically genetic immortality/pancea

People (specifically huge wealthy companies) raise far more money for AI research

Why are we merely at its infancy then?

Checkmate atheists

Cancer isn't a "curable" disease. It's just our own bodies fucking up after a while. Sometimes is happens early in life, and then we treat it, and it goes into remission. But it's never cured. And if you don't die of some accident or shit early in life, you WILL have some form of cancer when you finally pass of "old age".

Because you can't vaccine DNA error accumulation. You can only kill cells that have the fucked DNA so that they don't rapidly multiply

9.5 billion of that goes directly into a kike's pocket for "administrative costs."

Because 9 billion dollars a year go to someone's bank, and 1 billion goes to actual research.

Do you know how much money is in cancer treatment? They have no desire to stop the gravy train. Need a pill to stop your restless leg syndrome? They make it. Meanwhile with cancer and AIDS, the idea is to prolong your life to suck all the $ out of you as possible.

Susan G. Komen doesn't do cancer research. They literally state that their only purpose is generating awareness (using the money on coke and hookers).

If you took a class on all the shit that happens at a microscopic level in your cells, and then too another about how we can even look at the insides of a cell with killing it first, you'd know why buddy

There is a cure, but it's not for you stupid goy.

Because it isn't a disease.

Its a natural result of mutation.

We need mutation to develop as a species but mutation inevitably leads to cancer.

We're talking about the cock roach of diseases, here. Stamp one, ten more spring up.

Because all they do is drug research. Cancer is the lack of immune system action. Not a illness by itself.

Now that you know the truth... where is my money?

cause we raise 40 billion a year for dindus in africa so that they can keep living in a barren desert and refusing to attempt any agricultural practices of their own.

Well one, the research hasn't found a cure yet or two there's just no real cure outside of chemo.

Cancer isn't like the flu as far as I know that changes yearly. Cancer is just broken cells. There might not be a cure.

Because you can't cute all cancers with one method. They all behave differently. Also, a good bit are self inflicted, like excess alcohol or tobacco

Because cancer without cure brings more money, sick patient pays for treatment, cured not.

I bet my left but that there is already a cure against cancer, aids malaria etc.
But it's not lucrative for the pharma industry which makes billions and billions every year with the "treatments" for those diseases

I always try to redpill normies on this whenever I can if I get asked to "make a contribution" to cancer research by doing some fucking walking for a couple miles or buying a pink t-shirt for breast cancer.

I'm not a cynical by any means nor am I an edgelord but it really disturbs me how simple-minded some people are, when they believe a myriad of complex and often unrelated diseases can be solved by one cure, or that if you put enough money into research, eventually someone will fix it. It must be an American thing because when I was in Copenhagen they had a totally different attitude about it, people knew that the government subsidized medical research and people knew that no matter how many donations you personally make, only about

The real reason is that cancer is almost always totally random. It happens when there is a break down (or mutation) in the cell growth replication process, the result of which is almost never the same set of sequences even if you have 2 cancers that affect the same area they still might develop differently.
There is no such disease as "cancer" it's just a term to describe unabated cell replication in a particular area of the body.
With the thousands of different sequences with individual sites it makes it very difficult to target exactly the right cells.

Chemo works because it destroys all fast replicating cells (such as your hair follicles and stomach lining) and because cancer cells replicate fast too it destroys them in the crossfire.

Hope this helps.

nice explanation user. these retards don't understand shit

AIDS has been pretty much cured already with working HIV medicine that basically lets you live perfectly normal life.

>but it really disturbs me how simple-minded some people are, when they believe a myriad of complex and often unrelated diseases can be solved by one cure
I don't think most people know how it works at all. They only see what they are showed and most don't do a great amount of research into it so they only see the gist of 'cancer bad' but not how complex a problem it is or how it is caused in the first place.

leafs are never as smart as they think they are

Yeah but it's not really CURED because you still rely on medicine to keep the syndromes low
>AIDS has been pretty much cured already with working HIV medicine

Well that's my point you still have to BUY that medicine which means immense profit for the pharma industry

There is a cure, it's gene therapy and it's personalized medicine lay people will never be able to afford.

Cancer isn't a monolith, even among the same types of cancer the actual genes that go bad can vary wildly, which means that there isn't really a single solid attack route against cancer, only attack routes that can be created for each individual's current form of cancer.

People seem to think of cancer as something kind to a bacterial infection where you can just kill the bacteria. That isn't the case at all, the cancer IS you, just a part of you that has had some cell process disrupted and some DNA damaged.

>cure cancer
>humanity is now a genetic dead end
>become an anti-spiral
>get fucked by anime bois with drills

This.

Admin fees are the cancer killing any corporate entity that shoves its snout in the Government Grant trough and Big Pharma is one hungry, hungry hippo. Ref:The various lucrative, yet oddly unproductive, "Green" Energy money pits.

Holy fuckin shit, Cred Forums is retarded

why would you cure cancer? its gods way of removing degenerates

Because cancer is unbelievably complex.

This. We need to get rid of Argentina NOW.

A cure for cancer is like a cure for "virus". You can argue that cancers with 99% 5 year survival rates are cured

>the only way to cure these illnesses is with [technology that can be developed]
Really makes me think. You guys also enlightened premed students like myself? These fucking plebs wouldn't understand lol

Cancer is a very hard disease to cure for reason unlike any other disease know to man.

t. Research chemist working on HSP's to counteract proto-oncogene expression

Is that why HIV and AIDS is basically a manageable nuisance given the right (expensive) medication?

HIV is a virus. AIDS is the symptom caused.

First AIDS was treated. (Boosting the immune system).

Now we work towards giving the body the ability to directly target the virus (HIV).

Cancers on the other hand cannot be (yet) targeted using the same mechanisms. Each type of cancer has a different genetic hallmark, further each cancer emits a unique blend of signal molecules designed to suppress immune responses locally

Think of cancer as about 95 different diseases instead of one. Each one the most difficult disease we've ever tried to cure.

Because people are raising 10 billion dollars a year. how much of that money actually funds research?

Most "save Africa" donations just go towards setting up fundraisers for more donations. Then the money gets handed off to some African governments and is never seen again.

>You guys also enlightened premed students like myself?

>enlightened premed
>talking about developing new cures and researching disease
>doesn't understand he is a helper monkey that copy and pastes what researchers discover

Stick to reading and following the books we write for you pajeet

If they cured it then they wouldn't be making 10 billion a year anymore. Why would you want to get rid of your job?

you cant cure cancer its not a disease , its a genetic anomaly hence it functions different for every individual. You can only treat cancer

Where's your argument retard?

It's a FUCKING RACKET YOU IGNORANT FUCKS.

OF COURSE THEY WILL FOREVER SAY THEY NEED MONEY TO CURE CANCER WHEN THERE ARE LOTS OF POTENTIAL CURES ALREADY FOUND, BUT THE FDA REFUSES TO TEST OR RECOGNIZE THEM IN ANY WAY, BECAUSE THEN WHO WILL PAY 50 THOUSAND FUCKING NIGGER DICK DOLLARS FOR CHEMOTHERAPY?

>each cancer emits a unique blend of signal molecules designed to suppress immune responses locally

Is that unique to cancer cells, or something they retain from their intended normal state? Because if it's the former, that's pretty horrifying.

well... in current medicine, yes. Theoretically, you could introduce something into the body that recognizes cancer cells and acts immediately to destroy them. The human body does this on a typical day anyway. It just has trouble when it's overwhelmed.

I know sarcasm is hard to convey through text but I thought I was being pretty clear in my mockery...

alex please

Pic related

Because Pharmaceutical companies won't allow it. Cancer is a 400 Billion dollar industry. 1.2 trillion dollars for every 3 years. Cancer isn't random nor natural. It is man made. The oldest mummies on earth have no trace of cancer. The only people who had it in the ancient world were rich people who drank and ate out of led and uranium cups and silverware.

Cancer rose with the rise of the industrial age, the nuclear age, and the rise of sugar in everything.

>there is no cure
wrong. there is already a cure that takes 6 weeks without side effects.

Pharma cartel wont allow that because that would mean losing a lot of money.

You guys do realise that the treatment and prevention of diseases like cancer is a vital part of the global economy, right? If big pharma goes down the economy as we know it would dissolve into anarchy.

Because cancer is incurable.

Cancer is much less a disease and more a force of nature.

Live long enough and you will get cancer. DNA degrades eventually, and bad cells always pop up, and will eventually pop up faster than your body can fight them. Oh, gene therapy or nanomachines? I guarantee, the same probabilities that dictate what cells degrade and replicate in a harmful way will affect the gene therapy enzymes and nanomachines in the same way.

The universe wants you gone, eventually. It might not be tomorrow, it might not be 20 years from now, it might not even be 100, 1000, or a million years from now because of scientific advances, but it will happen.

Everyone pockets the $$$

Cancer 'research' is the biggest cancer.

Cannabis can cure certain types of cancer though.

A fellow Anti-Monsatan. The true redpilled of threads of this subject. I salute you sir. Watch as the Monsanto shills come out. Watch as the poor normies fall for their lies.

This.

Because most of that money ends up going to the academia, which is worthless.

All they do is write publications about some pointless detail, just so they can safely progress towards that sweet sweet tenure...

You want progress?
Start throwing money at madmen and their half-baked ideas.
Preferably 20-something BioMed engineers that have no idea of what is considered feasible..

The eventual cancer fix will be something along the lines of:
>We're going to use a virus that rigs all current cells to die if they divide
>Then we'll pump a bunch of stem cells into the places that you need 'em
>Boom! No more cancer..
Or
>Fuck it. We're just gonna create a brainless clone of you
>Then we'll just do a full body transplant.
>Boom! No more cancer.
And that shit ain't going to get done by the pedantic correlation fucking parasites that have infested academia..

t. 20-something BioMed engy that can't get funding to figure out how to harness Zika and modern cloning methods to grow brainless babies in vats because some wanna-be-professor-fucker wants to do basic research on prostate cancer mortality..

That organization is the MOST fraudulent "charity" Ive heard of outside of the Clinton Foundation.

Normal cells have "keys" that tell the immune system "i'm one of you", in the case of cancer cells though they (very basically) emit signals which tell the immune system to ignore them at a heightened rate.

Further cancer cells often re-activate telomere repair genes (This is what is credited with granting them "immortality"), but they are not immune to the usual genetic mutations (in fact their rate of genetic mutation is much higher than a normal cell due to their vastly increased reproductive capacity), the additional mutations lead to increased difficulty in targeting them via genetic methods.

Further, they release growth hormones (largely Vascular endothelial growth factor) which tells the body to increase blood flow to the area, which as you might imagine increases the nutrient flow to the cancer enabling the massive growth. And making metastasis much easier (Cancer cells in the blood making new cancers.

People have tried targeting the VEGF aspect of cancer to starve cancers of their growth ability but the consequences are dire for normal human function.

In short, there is no "Magic bullet" (highly probably) for cancer. Each cancer needs a unique treatment targeted specifically at that cancer.

My research is likely the closest thing to a "vaccine" but will take a good 20 years to implement if it works without killing you.

Mine being the targeting of Heat shock proteins that stabilize the proto-oncogene expression (RNA/Kinases)

>Melanoma
>An infectious hole

what is medicine

Absolutely false, and ridiculous. Early humans had the same proto-oncogenes modern humans have.

(you)

Thats a beutiful SEM pic OP

Because there's no money in fixing things, only in prolonging problems.

tobequitehonestmyfriendandfamilymember, i dont want my prostate to get cancer

I thought finns were smart? This is the retarded.

>We're going to use a virus that rigs all current cells to die if they divide
Enjoy not having skin or blood I guess.

>Then we'll pump a bunch of stem cells into the places that you need 'em
Stem cells, pumped, where you need 'em. JFK.

>Fuck it. We're just gonna create a brainless clone of you
Because the brain doesn't regulate every single hormone that allows for human growth, ignoring you know, a heart beating, kidneys functioning, metabolism.

>t. 20-something BioMed engy that can't get funding to figure out how to harness Zika

Biomed is soft-science for people that can't hack a real field like chemistry. Big surprise an idiot like you latches on to a "popular" virus like Zika. You're a pop-scientist, and an embarrassment.

The cure for cancer is likely chronic, there's massive profit to be made.

The childish uneducated cynicism ITT is laughable.

Because it's not a matter of money.

Basically this, most people who aren't in medicine seem to think that at some level all cancer is related, but the fact of it is cancer springs up from hundreds, thousands of different mutations to your genetic code which occur spontaneously as your cells divide, and most forms of cancer require multiple mutations to go unchecked by your bodies own defense systems that are designed to destroy cells that aren't reproducing properly.
The problem with cancer is that it is constantly forming in EVERYONE from the moment they are born and its just a matter of time before your defenses fail to kill something, somewhere in your body, enough times that it, while still being recognized by your body as healthy, starts reproducing itself endlessly in the form of a tumor or, the defenses themselves mutate in your bone marrow endlessly producing non-functional forms of themselves and leaving you with no defense against one or more disease types.
There's so much more to it, but people want to imagine it in simple, silver bullet terms

finally I get to post this!

>Sugar causes cancer meme

Wew lad, quit reading alternative medicine moms blogs.

>If people raise 10 billion dollars a year for cancer research (fundraisers, marathons, donations, susan komen etc) why is their still no cure?
>Raise 10 billion dollars
>a year
>10
>billion

You answered that question yourself you fuck.

Let's put it this way

If we threw the same amount of money at exploring another galaxy, shit wouldn't happen their either

Technology needs improvement

If you shoot guns. Lol!

Bio undergrad here, that's awesome my man. Post doc?

>I thought finns were smart? This is the retarded.
>This is the retarded.
>is the retarded.
>the retarded.
Also, Don't tell me you fell for the PISA meme..

>Hurr durr, your 3 lines of text meant to convey general ideas didn't account for details that need to be accounted for in the implementation.
No shit..

>Remove heart, insert new heart, patient is cured of defective heart!
(you): Lol retard, if you take out the heart the patient dies because there is no blood flow..

>real field like chemistry
..This bait is too obvious for even me to swallow.

>ITT blue collar workers acting like their opinions mean shit in medicine
Btw most fundraisers are to "raise awareness" meaning the money you donate doesnt go to research it goes to the guy ran the scam's pockets and a shitty marketing campaign that achieves nothing.
Never donate money, red pilled 101, charity is christcuck meme designed by jews to scam goys.

>Why cant we stop cell division.

Ponder that for a while OP.

>why is their still no cure

I guess it's a farce and they don't want to cure it.

Publically funded research, with 20 years mandatory minimum sentence for receiving influence, would be the only way to get results.

Yes it is. More research, more results. It's simple. It can be cured with gene therapy, they just need to develop delivery mechanisms to edit the DNA.

thats same as asking why there isnt cure for climate change

but for both there is already cure, a bullet through head

>recieve billions of dollars annually to look for something
>finding it

Son are you retarded?

Cure for cancer was probably killed in one of the 54 million abortions since roe v. wade.

because cancer is a bio weapon devolped to take out people connected to military secrets and has been appropriated for use by the CIA, FBI, and anyone affiliated with big pharma, as well as the zionists and globalists

they inject it into your body with a syringe, usually when you go for a doctor visit and ask dumb gullible questions

it starts wth you taking a visit for a minor illness, asking what other causes could be, the doctor hinting at cancer out of nowhere, and your stupid fucking ass taking the bait
then when you go for your cancer screening they shoot you up with the shit, so you went to tet checked for cancer but instead GOT cancer

not only do they use this to take care of problem people but they also use it to bleed families dry with the treatment expenses, which 100% of the time they do

most people who get cancer from nowhere have ties to military before a certain date - think vietnam, and if that person ever passed on military secrets or conspiracies, the entire family gets contracted with cancer - again out of nowhere

there is a cure and it will never be released, the donation foundations are all a lie created by (((them))), whenever i hear about someones gullible retard mother talking about how their family has cancer or how she does all she can in fundraisers to help i just feel sorry for anyone related to them

Because a cure for one type of cancer wont cure another

You cannot cure cancer in much the same way you cannot solve pollution. Too many causes and variables.

>Heat shock proteins that stabilize the proto-oncogene expression (RNA/Kinases)

Now that is above my level, but I followed the rest. Thanks a lot for responding.

While I thought cancer growth was basically mindless (though it is mindless in the sense of growth with no function for the body), all of those factors make it look way worse. Not only is their growth uninhibited, but they know how to avoid immune-response and the optimal way to multiply. Makes me wonder if they are aware of what they are.

Because organic life is cancer.

You can't 100% prevent cancer from ever happening -- but you can create treatments that would knock out huge swaths of cancers.

Cancer isn't one disease, which is why it's such a money hole.

It's mindless growth + selective pressures (body's innate defenses and, if it's gone on for a while, treatments) combining with a propensity to divide quickly and rapidly accumulate mutations.

Because if there was a cure those scientists wpuld not get their 10 billion dollars a year. Its job security to fail

>this cures the cancer

This. Cancer is what happens when your body loses control of inflammation. There isn't some pill you can take to change the genes back to normal and make inflammation go away.

It doesn't cause cancer, but it fuels inflammation (cancer). If you do or consume something carcinogenic, a high sugar diet makes it more likely that you will develop cancer.

There are tons of different cancers and there is no obvious difference between cancer cells and cells that are healthy, both multiply, but the cancer cell just don't die for a while and just keep multiplying ad infinitum.

How does one basically make all parts of the body into cancer at once to become an immortal being? That's all I really care about.

Found the Chechnyan, I hope Putin Gulag's your ass

We're not

>>be me, young kid at the time, befriended an old ww2 vet,
>cool guy, smokes a pipe and drinks beer in his shop
>10/10 level stories that sound way over the top...he repeats some stories when drunk to me and never misses a bit if detail from when he was sober
>>shit is real.jpg
>mentions a friend of his was offered a higher up spot with American Cancer society
>turned it down
>he asks why?
>told it's because they have a cure and won't release because of profits
>>this was told to me by a very honest man who fought in ww2
>I still miss that man, he was like my grandfather I never had growing up

Yea.
>i see you tore me a new asshole. unfortunately i also see you made a small typo. victory is le mine.

Disappointing. You're an idiot though so moving on.

Personally, I don't believe cancer is mindless. There's a tickle in my brain that tells me something so incredible (and cancer is incredible) has to have some evolutionary point/life point. I can't help but wonder what the repercussions of "curing" cancer will be.
> Makes me wonder if they are aware of what they are.
Cancer isn't aware. That said, scientifically speaking, neither are humans. Awareness is just an illusion (probably).

Eat a bunch of depleted uranium. The goop that's left of you would be immortal assuming we put you in bovine blood serum and pumped oxygen into the solution, maybe.

Why is there still no cure for who?
Considering many cancers are pretty much unique to their host in terms of their identifiers, who exactly are you complaining about there being no cure for?

Or do you seriously think 10bn dollars per year is enough to even start to make headway in developing a technique which allows for a proper treatment for cancer which doesn't involve poisoning the whole body and hoping the cancer dies first?

>inflamation=cancer
>sugar fuels inflamation
what

I refuse to accept that people like you exist.

diamond hidden in the rough right here.

what this guy says

Also there are a lot of types of cancers. Suprisingly, chemo is stronger against undifferentiated fast moving cancers than it is for well differentiated slow cancers.

> med pack talking about med

Do you even know what cancer is? Ever heard the term neoplasia? oncogenesis?

Treating cancer is much more profitable

I've had people tell me cancer is caused by fungus in the bloodstream. There's no absurd explanation these idiots won't latch onto. With the one exception of the explanation backed by millions of pages of empirical evidence.

I've had to answer questions at public forums on cancer research. Some of the questions that got lobbed at me took an insane amount of self-control to not just scream at the asker. Having to be professional and scientific when literal insane idiots are yelling at you about how you're part of a global lizard conspiracy to inject peoples buttholes with cancer is hard.

Our largest industry is the medical industry. We invented the shit. Including the red-cross, where your medpack logo come from.

..... Kike.

>cure for cancer
KYS MY MAN

Watch the Biology major tell you that we've been genetically modifying plants for millennia through selective breeding

To be fair, some fungal infections can involve the secretion of carcinogenic chemicals into the surrounding tissue, it's not the most stupid idea in the world.

Now, the idea that people get cancer because they didn't pray hard enough, that one rustles me plenty.

You're simplifying it so much ur not really correct anymore XD

But how come people say they've cured cancer with hash oil?

> mountain jew calling another jew a kike

I'm sure some people also claim to have cured AIDS with heroin.

Addicts are fucking degenerates and make bizarre claims to try to justify their drug abuse.

This brings us to "everything causes cancer". No, these people literally believe cancer is a fungal infection whose only cure is drinking colloidal silver until you become a smurf.

Everything does cause cancer though. Especially living

>tfw lowest jewish population in western europe.

Your (((people))) are still mad about "your" gold.

>tfw capitalist doctors prescribing antibiotics for every little head cold will make bacteria immune to antibiotics and our life expectancy drops back to the middle ages when surgery can't be performed and diseases have no cures.
>Tfw only remaining people are the ones who upload their minds to robots and we become the evil robot guys in sci-fi
>tfw never spreading our biological profile to other star systems because we have to pay for niggers

>only effective cancer treatment is to poison cells
>cannabis oil can cure cancer
>cannabis oil is poison

iktf bro

Honestly sometimes it's hard for me to maintain my ethics while being aware of how fucking retarded, ignorant and barely sentient an average man is.

Only liberals think throwing money at a problem is as good as a solution.

Saying you cured a common flu with anally fisting yourself is correct to a similar degree.
>You fisted yourself anally for a week
>the flu is gone after a week
Nigger science. kys

Because cancer isn't a disease. Plus, there is close to an infinite amount of causes for cancer and treatment is incredibly difficult to treat. The current best way is using gold or silver nanoparticles (coated with protein ligands) to go and inject the medicine into the cancerous cell

why do u show off so much hostility when you post? Dont you realize that insulting wont work to persuade your points? Do i miss the real porpose?

>Chechnyans are not white

>curing your customers
And this is why you are not a CEO of a big pharma company.

Also, the FDA has been really slowing down the process of introducing new drugs into the market

Because that's only 10 billion a year in revenue.

While the cures are prosecuted and banned by the FDA.

If people raise 10 billion dollars a year for alchemy research, why is there still no formula for turning rubbish into gold or a panacea?

>Premed

>Be Microbio fag.
>Spend life in lab.
>Paid shit
>Beat up by Conservatives for playing god
>Beat up by Liberals for messing with nature.
>Have funding constantly be an uphill battle.
>Have to suck Jewish dick to get funding
>Have to get part time job to pay bills.

>Find cure to illness!
>Mfw doctors get all the fame for MY work.

fuck that, if yer legit you'll figure a way to capitalize on yer work

You gives me cancer commie scum

>The cancer is a single disease meme

i thought these were member berrys

there is, but there is no one "cancer", but many types of cancer, and believe it or not, we have a lot of cancer drugs in medical trials & waiting to be patented right now

>cancer
>curable
Second law of thermodynamics argument

>pic related is me right now
Shit like this just triggers me easily. Everyone has things that make one go REEEEEEEEEEEE

Becouse clinton stole 90% of the money

Those are nice member berries

Find it yourself, faggot. Quit leeching off my tax dollars, you stupid commie fuck.

Curing cancer would wreak havoc on the economy with incredible swiftness. Soooo many people would be unemployed and so much manufacturing would be useless.

that makes me kek hard for some reason