I've decided to leave behind the Catholic Church and finally seek to join the Masons

I've decided to leave behind the Catholic Church and finally seek to join the Masons.

Any mass Masons here? How is the craft in this day and age?

Other urls found in this thread:

desperatepastor.blogspot.com/2010/08/church-of-week-scottish-rite-cathedral.html
pamasons.org/oneday/
freemasonsfordummies.blogspot.com.au/2011/05/is-one-day-class-really-masonic.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7qRGf9oKalk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You probably won't be too welcome if you've left your church.

Why? I've woken to the weakness of the Catholic Church.

>Literal meme tier fraternal order coming from a plebeian-tier medieval guild with ridiculous rituals
>Only importance is that it manages to PR itself well enough to important individuals that they join it and start littering the place up with their dumb symbols
KYS

I'm pretty sure you just joined an old-man-dick-sucking-club.

Enjoy old man dick in your mouth.

Faith is one of the cornerstones of Masonry. People who turn their backs on their churches aren't pretty harshly scrutinised. Not saying you won't get in, just that you might not enjoy it.

The York Rite is the red pill and the Scottish Rite is the blue pill, remember this.

Is there a better org to join? Looked into opus dei, but woo boy are there some repressed issues there.

ARE YOU ON THE SQUARE?
ARE YOU ON THE LEVEL?
ARE YOU READY TO STAND
RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW
BEFORE THE DEVIL?

Freemasonry is a branch of memetics. Do some research.

Interesting. Are you a Mason? Catholics aren't allowed to belong to both anyway. So if I join the Masons I'm automatically excommunicated.

Thanks.

Also, Mass. is pretty great. I think it's one of the few US states where you'll have to get a tailcoat and white gloves (or it might just be for the officers. Only been there once), and they work an older version of the rituals. Certainly in the top percentage of American jurisdictions.

Not a member, eh?

Tonnes of Catholic Masons don't find it to be that big of a deal. Even in the clergy. That threat is really just political.

Like Catholic mass, or Massachusetts?? (Which is obviously one of the greatest fucking places on Earth)

to be a mason you have to believe in a god (of some sort), I went to one of the meetings and were talked to about joining they don't care what religion you are but you have to believe in some form of god

Gotcha. I've heard conflicting things. But I've read a lot of Mason literature and like the perennial philosophy and deist aspects. It's the closest to my own thoughts. Looking for a good group and fraternal setting to discuss and grow.

Maybe don't join a fraternal organization instead.

Alternatively, if you're not actually atheist now you can at any time join for example the Orthodox Church. There's the Orthodox Church of America iirc. I'd find it better to join a different church than an organization that is purposefully secretive and occultly ritualistic for no damn reason.

Well, I don't buy the history that the churches try to teach. I do buy into the symbology a la eliade.

Fair enough. You'll certainly enjoy it for that, then. I'd say try and join a Traditional Observance lodge, as you'll have a better chance of getting what you're looking for, but i'm not sure how you'd do that beyond emailing the Masonic Restoration Foundation if they kno of any in your area.

>Well, I don't buy the history that the churches try to teach.

Care to elaborate?

Btw, I was mentioning this because you mentioned your issue with the Catholic Church is its "weakness".

Thanks. I was going to try and meet with a member of the lodge in Boston that is by the Commons. Seems like it's pretty old and original.

Yea, that's bound to be a good'n regardless. Beautiful building, and quality lodges (i hear).

I meant weakness of argument. My view of the historical growth of Christianity is pretty much at odds with any faith organization in it. I draw from the history of religions school and secular scholarship into the historical Jesus and the syncretism of the religion.

Thanks! Looking forward to checking it out and talking with them.

Uh

Can't you be both OP. They accept all faiths. Except satanists I believe

>My view of the historical growth of Christianity is pretty much at odds with any faith organization in it
How so?

Jesus wasn't god.

The canonical Gospels aren't the only ones.

Early Christianity draws heavily from Greek religion.

not true, at the end of the path it truly comes to worship something that resembles lucifer

>Early Christianity draws heavily from Greek religion.
Agreed.
>Jesus wasn't god.
But you lost me here. Sounds like Arianism is more your speed.

In theory, they'd be able to join, but in practice no. Their beliefs would be at odds with what Masonry teaches.

What path? Lucifer is an adjective, not a deity. And Masonry isn't a religion, so no worship is enforced.

I'm a mason and a Catholic - why leave the church? The old "you'll be excommunicated if you're a mason" nonsense is long gone. No one cares anymore. My parish knows I'm not only a mason but a Templar as well (York Rite) and they have zero problem with it.

My father, and his father were Free Masons... literally all it is, is a group of Old dudes who meet up to talk about "Fixing" the community they live in. Don't believe the hype that it's anything more. If you want to be involved you first,
>Need to be a Business Owner, or an influential member of Society.
>You need to know someone, or have a family member who is a Mason

If you want you can find your local chapter, and ask if you can volunteer, if they like you, they will let you. ProTip - Your last name is a bigger factor than your Skin Tone.

You think Jesus was/is god?

If anything I would be more inclined to Jesus as aeon and some of the Gnostic texts. But I don't much care for them as they are antiscientific. I prefer Promethean characteristics of other mystery cults and religion.

Ah cool. There are a lot of opus dei in my parish. So I'm sure they would raise a fuss. but the control issue that opus dei has is sickening .

This guy knows what he's talking about. The Masons are just Old dudes looking to fix their community, and drive around in little cars with funny hats on every once in awhile at Parades.

My blood goes back to before the founding of this country and before. So, I have a good name.

I'm already infleuncial my community

>You think Jesus was/is god?
An avatara, yes. I just think the Bible does a poor job of explaining the concept, and that led to breakaways due to mis/mixed understandings.
But aye, fair enough with your beliefs. Maybe check out Pelagianism. Not quite what it sounds like you're looking for, but a bit closer.

That's what I hear most are. I'm hoping the old lodge in Boston is still into the craft. As I think it is needed again. Now just like how it was during the enlightenment.

Will do.

I do think connections of Jesus and buddha as avatars are interesting. Will check it out

Now why the fuck would you want to join the kike's secret society for goys? Gas yourself.

If you're a "Daughter or Son of the Civil War" I think that's basically an Auto Membership - as long as you own property, and have a decent Job.

Literally find your local chapter (There is Japanese, Chinese, and even African American Chapters if your of color at all) and then ask to Volunteer.

Don't be disappointed when you find out it's just a Boys club.

Thanks senpai for your answer. I must be off to seminars.

Those are Shriners (the funny cars). Great group of men who do a lot of good work - but not all Masons are Shriners.

Secondly, Masonry is more than a bunch of old guys fixing their community - sure it's not the BS you see in movies like National Treasure - but there's a lot more to it than a simple paragraph.

Will do. I'm from the Mayflower, plus American revolution, plus fighting for the north

Be sure to check out Hindu texts too. They do a better job of explaining things. The Bhagivad Gita is very eye opening.

I kind of want to see a serious worshiper of Kek join.

Thanks! Will do.

>country thats full of shit skins, cant into 1st world livin standards, claims its the rightful heir to the roman empire, flag looks like a gypsy circus tent.
Kys

masonry is like scientology, you have to pay to rank up

Probably wouldn't be allowed in, as it's not really in line with Masonic concepts of belief and religion.

Not at all how it works. You do have to pay to keep the lights on in whichever lodges you join, and of course for meals (in some cases), but that's it.

Have you been noticing the lodges opening up in russia?

Enjoy spitting on the cross, openly rebuking Christ and worshipping lucifer.

I just going to say the same thing. The dues and fees are used to support th lodge.

I just dug up one of my Dad's old emails - this is in his signature. Hope this gives you an idea of what it is, they literally do a lot to help communities, as a group and individually.

"Masonry is the world’s first and largest fraternal organization. It is based on the belief that each man has a responsibility to help make the world a better place."

>Jesus wasn't god.
Axiomatic, what are your arguments for this? What is your issue with standard christian interpretation?

>The canonical Gospels aren't the only ones.
They were chosen as being the most representative by the ecumenical councils, I don't see your point here.

>Early Christianity draws heavily from Greek religion.
Not Greek religion; rather, greek philosophy. I'd argue this developed naturally.

>LOOK GUYS I MAKE FUN OF ROMANIA XD

At least my flag dosn't look like the design a chink came up with for a towel to use to clean your arse.

Masonry isn't a religion you nonce, they make that clear in the introduction of their Masonic Edition of the Bible.

Post a link? Id like to read up on some of that. I know next to nothing about them

In the past decade, yea. It's quite exponential. And they expanded into Georgia and Ukraine against the wishes of Ukraine, Belarus, and some other country, which is absolutely hilarious.

What is this, 1307?

I think the misconception comes from joining other bodies for the appendant degrees. It does look like you're paying for more, as opposed to just paying for another meeting to be held on a different night.

On Masonic beliefs? Best thing would be the rituals. Otherwise "Belief and Brotherhood" by Revd. Barker-Cryer gives a pretty good gist.

There is a lodge in my village.
I have been asked to join and I declined the invitation. The freemasons have a strong representation here.
They have helped my family and I. And they give loads of money to good causes.

You may have already heard us say this, although it warrants saying it again: Movies and books have led people to believe many things about what Freemasonry is, what Freemasons are like, or what Freemasons do. Before you start believing in all that Hollywood has to offer on the topic, allow us to start you onto the right path. The Secret is that there's no Secret. Freemasonry is dedicated to making good men better, from time immemorial.
The Rewards of being a Mason

Personal Growth – our continuing pursuit of knowledge, ethics, and leadership skills makes us better men and brings more meaning to our lives.
Friendship – Masonry is a community of men and their families who share your beliefs and values.
A sense of belonging – The fraternity lets men associate with other men of honor and integrity who believe that things like honesty, compassion, love, trust, and knowledge are important.
A strong successful brotherhood – With 80,000 members in California, Masons can be found in any field.
Service to community – Charity is at the heart of most Masonic activities. Our commitment to philanthropy, volunteerism, and community service helps make the world a better place for all of us.
Rich history – You will be part of an organization that values tradition and history. The traditions and values of our fraternity are relevant today and will endure for centuries to come.

Values – As Masons, we value and promote

Ethics
Personal growth
Tolerance
Education
Diversity
Philanthropy
Family
Community
We believe that there’s more to life than pleasure and money. We respect others’ opinions and strive to grow and develop as human beings.
Membership is open to men age 18 or older who meet the qualifications. We welcome men of all ethnic backgrounds and religious beliefs. If you are interested in becoming a Mason or have questions about us, please email us at: [email protected].

>I've decided to leave one form of slavery and endure another.

just stop user. the G means Gnosis and Generation and the objective of the uncorrupted form of masonry is form man to realize the purpose of himself using allegories and parables from the higher that make sense in the lower (ex parable of the sower). just get it through your head authority, money, and religion are systems of slavery and start improving yourself. that's really the only way this world is gonna get any better. do a fast, lift some weights, make some art, go barefoot walking on the beach or grass and connect to nature, make an open source software program, do something good and educate yourself on morality and natural law. go user, go. be free.

I forgot to add. That while YES you can be a Mason and a Catholic - which I actively both.

You won't be able to join the Knights of Columbus. The KoC was created long ago when The Church was making a big deal about Masonry for Catholic men who wanted to be a part of a fraternity of sorts. They're still around of course, but if you're a Mason they won't let you in.

Doesn't matter anyway - once you're a Mason you can go the York Rite path and eventually become a Templar which has a legit tradition going back some thousand years.

I was a mason for a while.

By a "while" I mean my initiation and one single meeting.

It was very gay. Low energy.

Do you like talking about how to disperse the building repair fund?

"Let's take a vote on whether to re-do the shitter and replace the roof, or wait on the roof and donate more to our annual college scholarship thing."

"Derr, I have an even better idea! Let's get a USED toilet, and I have a buddy who does roofs..."

When I stopped paying dues, they gave me like a dozen warnings about it.

"Seriously, this is your last chance..."

And then finally: "The proper way to withdraw is to formally blah blah blah blah"

The fuck outta here. I haven't paid dues in 5 years. I don't know a single name of anybody there from memory.

Go take a flying fuck.

Why even bother joining? And especially that boring arse lodge?

Well, its not like they're going to hunt you and your family down. It's literally a Grown up version of "Boy Scouts of America"

Ty

What are you 12? I don't believe a word you just said. No one would go through the entire three degrees and then decide it wasn't for them. Unless they're just autistic.

You seriously can't be an adult. Oh shit... It's that time of day again - school out. I remember when school used to last till 3 pm.

How was your day, Caleb?

My aged father had an olde-tymey belief that it was good for networking.

I think he also liked to piss off polish catholics.

Doesn't matter. They hate Christianity and worship lucifer. If you're into that sort of stuff join the temple of set

>And Masonry isn't a religion, so no worship is enforced.

Masonry isn't religion, but scottish rite is christian and york also. There also christian first degrees in some orders in europe.

American 'blue masonry' accepts every religion in degrees 1-3.

>What are you 12? I don't believe a word you just said. No one would go through the entire three degrees and then decide it wasn't for them. Unless they're just autistic.
>You seriously can't be an adult. Oh shit... It's that time of day again - school out. I remember when school used to last till 3 pm.
>How was your day, Caleb?

I went through that one-day initiation festival, at the Masonic Temple in Chicago.

It involved literally standing there.

Correction, the scottish rite cathedral

desperatepastor.blogspot.com/2010/08/church-of-week-scottish-rite-cathedral.html

Secret societies have no place in a free and open society.

>They hate Christianity and worship lucifer.
Except not?

Fair enough. But you really should do your due dilligence before joining anything.

>but scottish rite is christian and york also.
Of course, but those are appendant degrees. One has to be a Trinitarian Christian to join them. But that still doesn't make it a religion or anything.
And i believe in your area, you have to be Baptised Christian to join. Finland might be more American, rather than Scandinavian Rite, though.

Ulgh, i've heard nothing good about those one day classes. Terrible bloody idea. The only good thing to come out of it was Chris Hodepp.

You mean you're giving up God to become a member of the kike's good goys club?

What you went through is not true Masonry then. The actual process is a hell of a lot more involved and takes a good deal of time and memorization. It's a process that *can* literally take months.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but that doesn't sound right - they way they did it I mean.

>Finland might be more American, rather than Scandinavian Rite, though.

We have Swedish rite in Finland and also American. American (blue masonry) is mainstream and quite new, it was imported in the early 1900.

Swedish system has been here from 1700's, but it was banned in 1800's.

Let's make more clear: a freemason can't be atheist in blue masonry,

It's pretty lame to be honest it's losing a lot of interest and turnouts aren't really grand, mostly an old mans club, good for networking though

>What you went through is not true Masonry then. The actual process is a hell of a lot more involved and takes a good deal of time and memorization. It's a process that *can* literally take months.
>Sorry you had a bad experience, but that doesn't sound right - they way they did it I mean.

I signed their little book at my home blue lodge. I have the apron. I have that big gilded bible.

My name is on the roster, whether you like it or not.

The old guys at the club were there to run out the clock in an organization which gave them a reason to leave the house.

If these niggers run the world, then I'll be a monkey's uncle.

It's definitely the jews.

These are just harmless old chaps.

One really gave me the cold shoulder about doing the festival.

He was right to do that. I thought both it and him were also lame.

You're flat out lying or being lied to. Considering you're a Freemason you're probably just lying.

>What you went through is not true Masonry then

No true scotsman.

Are you an idiot, it's not a "Secret Society" they allow any Male to join and allow his Family Members to be involved in activities.

All Masons do is try to help their communities, they donate time, money, and possessions. What do you do to help your community??

>You're flat out lying or being lied to.
Nah. But feel free to prove otherwise.

Naw, he's right. It's a shitshow, but Grand Lodges adopted the ODC as a revenue raiser. The numbers are absolutely against it, but they don't care because it means a cash injection keep their inefficient management solvent.

I've never seen or heard of that before. All three degrees at once, with no rites, no obligations, no work?

How can that be taken serious?

One of Masonry’s customs is not to solicit members; men must seek membership on their own through a Mason they know or a local lodge.

California Masonic membership is open to men age 18 or older who meet the qualifications and standards of character and intention, and who believe in a Supreme Being. Men of all ethnic and religious backgrounds are welcome.

A Mason who recommends you for membership will assist with completing and submitting the application. After submitting the application, you will be interviewed by members of the lodge you wish to join so they can learn more about you and you can learn more about Freemasonry. If the interview is favorable, your application is presented to the lodge for a vote. If the vote is affirmative, you receive the Entered Apprentice degree - the first degree of Freemasonry. When you advance through the next two degrees, you are a Master Mason and a full member of the fraternity.

TLDR: There is no ONE DAY PROCESS to becoming a Mason, you are reviewed, some lodges give you homework assignments, and make you take tests, Each lodge is different in their own respect, but all Lodges have an interview Process that every Man entering must go through.

I have two Freemason establishments in my city, one lodge and something called "Chinese Freemasons" (not sure what it is)

Let's say I wanted to join, how would I do it? I read my city's lodge website and it all make sense to me except this confuses me because everyone always tells me different:

How do I become a Freemason?

Ask!
Because Masons have not traditionally recruited members, and do not hold public meetings, there has long been confusion about how to join the Fraternity. Does someone ask you? Do you ask? But if you meet the requirements above, it is really quite simple:
Most men can become a Mason by simply asking - like Sir John A. MacDonald, Tim Horton, and most every Mason from the past to the present day. Each Lodge manages the membership process for its candidates. In general, men seek out a Lodge near their home or work (the "Find a Lodge Near You" feature will help you find the nearest Lodge), or they ask a Mason to recommend a Lodge to them. Once you've found a Lodge you would like to join, let them know of your interest and they will provide you with a petition.
If you are unanimously elected by the members of a Lodge, joining the Fraternity involves going through three "Degrees": Entered Apprentice, Fellow Craft, and Master Mason. Every man accepted into the Fraternity goes through the Degrees, thereby making each an equal to the others in the Lodge. Typically they are conferred during a Lodge's monthly meeting over the course of three months.

So what do I just roll up to a lodge and ask? People always tell me I need to know a guy and he needs to vouch for me.

>There is no ONE DAY PROCESS to becoming a Mason,
Uh, bro, hate to burst your bubble...
pamasons.org/oneday/
freemasonsfordummies.blogspot.com.au/2011/05/is-one-day-class-really-masonic.html

Started about twenty years ago in DC.

>I've never seen or heard of that before. All three degrees at once, with no rites, no obligations, no work?
>How can that be taken serious?

Don't ask me. I just showed up.

When I was interviewed at my house, I pressured to do the normal route of memorization etc.

So, obviously it's a controversial way of doing things.

quite funny to read Cred Forums and realise here are probably freemasons. some of these comments are not everyday shitposting.

>Freemason thread
So it begins, another great data-mining of my time.

The masons aren't a religious order you idiot, they are a fucking buy-in social club. If you want old people as friends and like bbq cookouts and also paying a monthly fee to be invited, then sure buddy join the masons.

Go to their website, look for their next "Public Event" it may be a Ball Game, it may be a Hockey Game, go and show interest to that group if you can do it without be autistic.

There's also Email or Addresses on their websites, email or send a Snail Mail into the lodge, and ask to start the Process to "Start Helping your Community, by volunteering Time and Money if needed"

Show you have good Morals, and that you believe in a "Higher Power" different lodges have different entrances, but they all have an interview process.

And yes there's Chinese, Japanese, and Even African American Lodges in America (Never seen a Hispanic one though)

>pamasons.org/oneday/
Key - line
"Approved Candidates" they go through an Approval process before going through anything else.

Trust me every lodge, interviews every newcoming member before allowing them to join the lodge.

What if I am my own god?

Is that one anti-mason cuck here that said how he needed 'special permission' to look at 'super secret rare books' in the library, when I just fucking googled it and found a pdf of it on the first hit?

They won't let you in, anyman who believes they are there own God, is toxic, and given power can be dangerous.

>What if I am my own god?

No problem.

No one's disputing that. But if you talk to the guys who went through that, it's obvious that the approval process isn't quite as stringent as we normally do. Apparently the board of enquiry gets waived often.

No dice, brah.

My names nitro dubs faggot, ill call you teenis.

Also, at least my country is recogniseable.

Also, romania sucks

Ah I see. Yeah, I found their contact information, their twitter, everything. They have a "Masonic Youth" camp coming up or something, among other things. Interesting, never really thought about going about it like you've said... Mainly because people always say you gotta know a guy like it's the fucking mafia or something.

Cringe worthy thread op Jesus is the truth

Traitor!

We'll find you and when we do, you'll wish the Lord would never have put you on this earth.

Best regards,
The Order of the Holy Cross

Something I've always wondered is, do Freemasons conduct 'rituals' and 'ceremonies' that could be considered occult?

Like some Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn shit. youtube.com/watch?v=7qRGf9oKalk

It can't just be a bunch of dudes hanging out, right?

>toxic
:'(

Join the Temple of Set instead.

This is extremely false. Interesting nobody ever speaks about the Grand Lodge of Ireland. My paternal Grandfather showed me a version of pic related as a wee lad.

opus dei
I would say bullshit, unless you are filthy rich and can get into their super-elite inner-circle.

From what I can tell, the Jesuits run the Rosicrucians and that Catholic Masons are usually Rosicrucians, which is affiliated enough with the Masons for you to find out everything about the Masons.

I know Catholics personally who are inducted into the Rosicrucian Order and of the Jesuits at their Catholic Churches who actually help them to become initiated.

Jesus was based off of the assassination of Rabbi Akiba and something like 2400 of his apprentices, for having teachings that could be construed as similar to Jesus, but no man is G-d, no man makes the streams run.

This is only Shriners, who essentially have some of the most respectable nuclear families in the world. They are only in America and are dedicated to their family units, more than anything.

If anything, the idea of a new man is based on man in an age of peace.

No, just monthly dues.

I too declined. Mine was throughout childhood, since I come from a Masonic family. My excuse was basically I am a soS (no need to discuss what this means, just would love to spot on on this board, I keep thinking I am alone).

Freemasonry Blue-Pill: The Post

>Well, its not like they're going to hunt you and your family down.
They absolutely will make your family disappear if you cross the line.

>It's literally a Grown up version of "Boy Scouts of America"
This is absolutely 100% true. Many do not realize this. Boy Scouts of America is youth Masonry, but the blue-pilled version of the youth group Demolay, unless you join Boy Scout secret societies, of which there are many, then you can get your future quick.

Save your time and money. Go get a gym membership instead.

Lies. All that is required is a sincere belief in a God.

youre going to be hanging out with old men and washing dishes

Nope.

>Also, at least my country is recogniseable.
Great, and why should I care if my country is recogniseable? Being in the center of attention is not necessarily a good thing

>Also, romania sucks
No u

>yes go believe that

Someone told me you have to show them your cock to get in. Not sure if it's true.

That's Judaism. Good luck with that.