Do women deserve paid maternity leave?

Do women deserve paid maternity leave?

Other urls found in this thread:

workplace.care.com/20-companies-with-great-maternity-leave
imercer.com/ecommerce/products/global-parental-leave?WT.ac=US-S-20160701-ParentalLeave
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Think of it from the newborns perspective. Wouldn't you want a nice pair of tits ready and accessible to suck on?

Yes. If employers do not want to respect that, however, they should not be obligated to hire them by federal law.

Quick Google revealed this
workplace.care.com/20-companies-with-great-maternity-leave

Fuck forcing companies being forced to pay for 3+ months of work, for nothing in return. Get another job, or deal with it. Reality is hard. This totally would screw small companies. Not every company is raking in enough money to comply with this daddy government idealism.

>We need to force companies to hire employees who will take time off work but you still have to pay them
>Why aren't companies hiring young women into important/high demand positions???

Pick only one.

>14 weeks off in the Congo

Yeah those basket weavers are really gonna miss having their 5th female employee for 14 weeks that's really gonna set their basket production back.

>Waaaah why won't companies hire women into extremely stressful and highly demanding jobs

If you expect companies to hire females, don't expect paid maternity leave.

>iran, mexico, the drc, chad, china, bangladesh (literally the world's sweatshop), and vietnam (close second) have enforceable labor laws
>"paid"; or, "what is the difference between legal incidence and economic incidence, and am i, being a woman, smart enough to understand it?"
The person who made that image should be fucking shot.

Yes, both mothers and fathers.

Maybe if it was subsidised by the government.

The problem with the current setup is that working class (white) americans are heavily penalized for having children, while people who sit on the dole get MORE money for having kids. People who don't want to work are replacing people who do at a high rate.

This is literally disgenics.

American women don't breast feed. It's too inconvenient.

If they are white and the kid is white yes also they should get more for having more kids

Do it based on racial birthrates . Then sit back and laugh when Hispanics and blacks get maybe a day off.

If you're going full commie, gotta provide paid paternity leave of equal duration.

No, women don't belong in the workforce. Sad, but true.

only white ones. we need to retake our homelands

Alone it is just another extension of a nanny state, as part of other policies that encourage traditional gender roles it has its place.

Do women deserve it? Yes. Is it something America should institute by law in its current condition: no.

It really fucking sucks, a girl at the company I work for got hired a month after me, she worked there like three months, went on maternity leave for almost a year (not all paid but still) and a few months after she got pregnant again and went on another maternity leave. On the two years she's been at the company she must have worked 9 months or so.

Only if you want less people to hire married women of child baring age.

If you have a man and women of similar qualifications you will hire the man because there's no risk.

I think it's a great thing for employers to offer, certainly. But they should in no way be forced to do it.

I think it would be a sorry situation however if it's pretty much the de facto standard that couples are dual income just to get by, but they also do not then have the means to have children and raise them since both have to work to get by.

UK lol wat?

A reason why dual income is needed is because feminist pushed women into the workforce, double the supply of workers but the demand stayed the same (or proportional anyway), everyone except commies knows that's going to lead in a reduction in salaries.

Businesses should offer it, not have it forced on them. There are girls at work that use maternity leave. Sometimes they like to abuse it. One went on it, then came back to work for a bit, then used the rest of it during our peak season. She showed she was fully capable of working after the birth and had the home situation under control by coming in earlier.

Then again I don't really like her, she talks too much and it is only about herself.

Indeed. That's why I loved how the NatSocs actually encouraged women to leave the workforce and reproduce. Feminism is cancer.

Women barely deserve to live

That is a man with breasts. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Also, more.

>40 weeks paid

why are UKucks not having a baby a year

>paying people for not working

I just don't get it. I mean if a company wants to voluntarily offer paid vacation or paid maternity leave, that's their prerogative. But how is it fair to force a business to pay something when they're contributing nothing?

Pay $3,000 and lets find out

>imercer.com/ecommerce/products/global-parental-leave?WT.ac=US-S-20160701-ParentalLeave

>40 weeks
Jesus christ UK and you're still as much of a fuckup as you are?

>Do women deserve paid maternity leave?

They should get no more or less leave then men get.

Women want 12+ weeks of maternity leave? Great. However, men get the same amount of leave too.

That's why I posted it, men are better then women at everything including being women

One one hand, we need to encourage the birth rate

On the other hand, women should not be in the workforce.

Our receptionist took off 18 Weeks as she is 'entitled' to, came back to work and in 2 weeks she announced she was pregnant again. She just recently got to 8 months knocked up again and took the last month of it off and will still get another 18 weeks paid in full...

No nobody "deserves" to be paid for work they didn't do. If the woman wants a paid maternity leave, she should work it out with her employer. Not go to the government and make them demand businesses to hire women then pay them for work they never fucking did.

Yes but with limits.

For example, you must work at least a set number of months before being able to claim, the amount claimed is only a portion of the full pay, seniority doesn't accrue, a set number of months must be worked after to avoid a penalty.

Yes but the government should pay, its their responsiblilty to ensure their citizens keep replenishing themselves

Both sexes should have it. I know for a fact that some places like EY and Goldman allow both sexes to be eligible for it (not sure if paid but the actual leave yeah.) If there's a productivity problem, fire them. It's that fucking simple. At the end of the day what really matters is productivity, none of your anti-women meme shit. If that's having a huge hit, then take care of that problem and get others in; hungry, ambitious people are not that hard to find unless you live in some redneck south shithole or Detroit.