Why are Americans so extreme in their views of their presidential candidates...

Why are Americans so extreme in their views of their presidential candidates? Do you seriously think they can bring about a significant change? Haven't presidential candidates always promised large changes without delivering in the past? After all, they cant do anything without approval form Congress. All the people screaming "we can't vote trump into power becasue he will ban black people!!" Or some stupid variation of that, and the ones saying whatever it is people say about Clinton, are simply overreacting.

Executive orders ya bitch

In reading about American government structure right now, and it seems to me you can't build a wall using executive orders. Also they can be overruled by judges.

That is why you clean the house, get rid of all opposition and put the right people in the position.

Trumps older sister is a judge, he can very well give her a position that will be favorable for trump.

Can he actually do that though? Wouldn't that be nepotism?

Fucking kike thinks he knows anything about american politics.

Hurr durr im reading the government structure right noww.

obama sure brought a significant change in my health insurance bill

Srry that wasnt me. My fucking brother thinks hes an edgelord.

> Jew alert

Because freedoms.

Kike.

Don't apologize to it user.

We already have a border wall along the US-Mexican border.

There is no way for the Supreme Court to justify striking down legislation to replace or improve upon it, and the Republican party (typically pro-wall) controls Congress currently so it wouldn't be very difficult to push through.

And even setting aside all that as President he can definitely shut down immigration from mudslime countries and revoke Obama's executive amnesty.

>Tacospy
Back to Mexico pls
Besides, am I wrong? Has any president who made these huge claims ever fulfilled them?
A health plan is hardly comparable to whatever it is the liberals think trump is going to do to minoritirs.
Don't think of me as a Jew, goy.
Think of me as your fellow Cred Forums poster.

'member when the kikes were afraid to jew this loud?

Even so, what do people think trump is going to do anyway? I made this thread after the reactions to "humanizing" trump on that show. What do these kinds of people think trump is planning that is so inhuman?

Americans are extreme in their views of presidential candidates for the same reason that Americans are extreme in their views of sports teams.

Because those are about the only socially acceptable outlets for tribalism in our society.

we just want to screw other people

American politics is a joke. Its all about negotiations.

Go watch house of cards with kevin spacey to get a general idea of how our politics are ran these days.

Finally an actual answer. Although, I thought american is all about expressing your views, loudly? Why is such an outlet needed?
This is kind of sad, really. I expected more.... Integrity, I think. We had an outrage when one candidate said another is going to cause nuclear war. In these American elections accusations much worse are being thrown around and considered fine.

>Why are Americans so extreme in their views of their presidential candidates?

Thanks to a constellation of media and political developments over the past century, the federal executive election cycle is presently the most visible and eminent political event in the states.

Thanks in part to CliffNotes style civics in early education, the most recent generation views voting - especially for the federal executive - not as a mass action that ultimately shapes the direction of the country, but as the ultimate act of futile self-expression.

This is further inflamed by the two-party system we have here, as opposed to the multi-party system of most British-style parliamentary governments (such as Israel). Instead of having a broad spectrum of fairly represented parties to choose from, we essentially have two. They have been for a long time left-of-center (Dems) and right-of-center (GOP), but have now shifted to the right in parallel so that the Democrats are now entirely moderate and the GOP has become more stiffly 'conservative'.

Humans seem to have a psychological need to belong to something larger than themselves. Historically this need has been filled by religious or national identities.

Modern secular society however denies people these outlets, resulting in people tying their identity to sports teams, political parties, or whatever pop culture superfandom they happen to fall into.

Well the situation is a little different in our case, i truly believe there is an entity out there that has huge influence in our political system and they are trying to enslave us even more.

This is why I am investing all i can to help Mr. Trump getting elected because i feel like he has sympathy for us civilians. My only concern is that people who gains power will eventually end up corrupted but in Mr. Trumps case, he is wealthy so im just hoping he will be the leader that we need to make america great again including rest of the world.

>i truly believe there is an entity out there that has huge influence in our political system and they are trying to enslave us even more
This is really sad.

>TAaC0Spy

I'm onto you, Jose.

Do you personally think the two party system is better or worse than the multiple party system? Why?

Mexicans for trump! MAGA !!! Ya fucking bitchhh!!!

Full disclosure: I think both systems are fundamentally broken.

For the purpose of our reality, though, I would have to say that the multi-party system is superior to the two-party system. It depends on who you ask, but I'd say that a more immediately representative democracy is better than one which is less so, and the multi-party system allows for a much more singular national agenda. Both give the win to what is essentially a plurality.

President has the right to force any immigrant to go back, and enforce any existing immigration laws.

>Why are Americans so extreme in their views of their presidential candidates?

HEY I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I ALMOST FINISHED HIGH SCHOOL