What the flying fuck America? So in 2000 less than 500 people decided the outcome of the next president...

What the flying fuck America? So in 2000 less than 500 people decided the outcome of the next president? Holy fuck was the race ever this tight?

We are a republic you fuk

nixon vs kennedy was pretty close i think

oh and bush wouldn't have one florida if it werent for Elián González

*won
and also Jeb Bush and his people allegedly were doing some fuckery to help his brother win

>Closest vote to ever decide an election
>500 people whose vote you don't control decided it
>Your one vote somehow matters after this barely close event.

>So in 2000 less than 500 people decided the outcome of the next president?

No, 5 people decided the outcome of the next president.

More like 9 people chose, the US Supreme Court

That was honestly a sketchy election. Especially with all the guac in fl

wut? in a country with three hundred million people only 6000 people voted to see who was gonna be president? thats soo fucking retarted.
pls someone correct me if im wrong

>wouldn't have one

He didn't do shit. People always say that and they saw the the FL Scotus pulled some bullshit but they didn't as well.

They didn't let Gore get a 3rd recount. That was the big hangout. Dude just needed to get over that he lost.

Shit was rigged.
Both were shit candidates.

>there are people in this thread that think the popular vote decides the president

Florida decided who gets the majority

>pls someone correct me if im wrong
pic is just the state of florida numbers. and it's six gorillion votes

oh thank you

Now you can understand why hanging chads were such a big issue.

Thankfully, changing demographics and the worst generations dying off has been changing things.

>less than 500 people decided the outcome of the next president?

No? It says 5,825,043 people voted.

In 1877, the democrats would gloat, but they're all amazed when Rutherford Hayes wins by just 1 vote

>So in 2000 less than 500 people decided the outcome of the next president?

No, populare vote does not determine the winner for President.

Rather, the candidates win or lose each STATE. Then a weight for each State, called the Electoral College votes, is given to them for that State. (Exception is that a couple of States have proportional allocation of their Electoral College votes.)

He knows this, the pic is Florida.

OK. Yeah, there was maybe some fraud in there. What counted as a "hanging chad" or not.

Florida decided who gets the majority

wait so does this mean i dont have to vote if i live in a state that is always red?

>>less than 500

Its 9

It's really tempting to say yes.

BUT THIS TIME, YOU BETTER GET YOUR NEET ASS OUT OF BED AND VOTE FOR TRUMP!

Of the electoral votes.

>get .0000001% less vote than the other guy
>get zero electoral votes

I think it just shows that maybe one day it will come down to one vote and that'll be the day you regret staying home.

>No, populare vote does not determine the winner for President.

3 times. There was a grand total of 3 times when the popular vote didn't determine the POTUS. 2 of those 3 cases happened in the 19th fucking century.

Statistically speaking, popular vote DOES determine the winner.