How do you feel about the depiction of homosexuality in media?

How do you feel about the depiction of homosexuality in media?

Should it be open or more subtle like in Lord of the Rings?

Oh friendship is gay? Tell me more.

Look at they way they embrace each other with love nigga.

Lord of the rings isnt subtle at all. It has to be one of the gayest scenes in hollywood they were tickling each other in the ending after they destroyed the ring.

>American so insecure with his sexuality he thinks two male friends getting close and friendly is gay

>shitposting countries the only ones speaking sense
Imagine being so socially stunted you cannot see fraternity as anything but homosexual. I think I'd want to commit suicide were I so deluded.

>LOtR
>gay
You know how I know you have no close male friends?

Kill yourself.

As mad as as you it makes you, it's enough to at least be up to interpretation.

What's so bad if someone sees it differently than you do?

> lotr homos
> TWO BOYS ARE TOGETHER THAT MEANS THEY'RE GAY!

woman who doesn't understand actual friendship detected.

>not having friends

I know it sucks to not have a friend who is willing to die for you, or being a friend to someone you are willing to die for. Which is basically a requisite of being "alpha"

Take your homosexual repression elsewhere.

A friendship like Frodo and Sam is once in a life time. What would make you feel better? Him hugging some stupid woman who complained the entire time? Notice how NO women were in the fellowship? Not cause it was gay, but because it would be stupid.

Fuck off OP.

>Brotherhood and fellowship is gay

Nice try kike.

This is actually probably true

Women have no idea what friendship is

>nu-male Redditor who doesn't understand actual friendship detected.

FTFY

/thread

it made sense in the context of the story

You know Sam marries another hobbit and has like 3 kids while Frodo fucks off with Gandalf, Bilbo and the Elves right?

Sam was never possessed by the Ring like Frodo was. The Elves were based as fuck and had enough of dealing with (((Humans))) and their shit, Frodo and Bilbo were liabilities who were probably tossed over board while at sea, and Gandalf just said fuck it all and smoked himself to death

I CANT CARRY IT FOR YOU, BUT I CAN CARRY YOU!!!!

After all the shit those two went through together that bond deserves a good manly embrace. We all need a friend like Sam or to be that friend to another. Because we are all Frodo in this life. Something tears away at us like the ring: drugs, women, debt, our job, politics. We need a Samwise Gamgee to carry us up this mountain!

it's pretty much just women who want everything to be gay too. "oMG SAM AND FRODO ARE SOOOO GAY FOR EACH OTHER I SHIP THAT" they can't fucking understand loyalty or camaraderie. thot genocide when.

Tolkien was extremely Christian and helped CS Lewis out of atheism and into a faith filled life

Why does even proposing that those two fictional characters may be gay trigger Cred Forums so much?

Not even a SJW or fag, just wondering.

>implying gandalf can die by anything other than another Maiar or Valar

bitch do you even know Tolkien lore?

Because what you're proposing is preposterous for this writer

If you told me that two male friends who were straight in John Green's book might have been gay, it would make more sense and wouldn't be such an outrageous claim

Cred Forums can be very rational sometimes, and usually is in matters such as these and so to say something so irrational is bound to make some people want to defend what you attack

I mean seriously, If you've ever been there, how do you think this conversation would go over on /lit/?

How can it be preposterous when the question has been asked by audiences at least a noticeable pint of times? Something drove them to ask the question.

I don't know but I would expect less of a knee jerk dismissal.