dacc.edu/assets/pdfs/PCM/merechristianitylewis.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=AZTZRtRFkvk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21_Grams
biblehub.com/2_corinthians/4-4.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>m-muh free-will!

Free Will

God wants us to have free will to choose to do good
If there is no evil there is no good. Therefore evil must exist to allow for good.

>mfw atheists can't be bothered to google basic theological questions

I dont know god but without good there is no evil.

A comfy log cabin with a fire roaring, in the middle of the woods in a ferocious blizzard. Its much less comfy without the lethal blizzard

Kind of thing

leaf us not into temptation

Because God is a tyrant.

Your questions about religion are answered in this pdf booklet:

aryanism.net/downloads/books/alfred-rosenberg/myth-of-the-twentieth-century.pdf

everyone always told me its because you cant have pleasure without pain you cant have good without evil, and so on.

God is in charge of the spiritual, the physical is a corrupt abstraction made by the Demiurge.

Because God does not exist and evil is a human definition.

also Free wifi

his plan. You wouldn't understand

How can there be free will with an omniscient god?

Atheism is a faith all its own

Every response in denial is proof that responder has made Atheism a religion

if you are actually interested in this theological argument, then google "theodicy" OP.

otherwise just continue sucking all the cocks you fucking trillby'd cuck

Cred Forumstards will pretend this is somehow beneath the board, but it's actually par for the course.

The place is a slum that attracts the lowest of the low. It's like Trump himself.

He knows what's going on. You don't. Consequently, it's free will for you even though he already knows what goes down.

This is a good explanation.

youtube.com/watch?v=fYoWhxOK8dE

>christcucks simultaneously believe in free will and destiny

Very rare
GLOGANG peepee

God sees outside of time and sees present and future, hence the word omnipotent and omnipresent being attributed to him, but we are creation bound to time and only able to hypothesize about the future

See my video

youtube.com/watch?v=fYoWhxOK8dE

>image.png

Stop trying to slide the board, shill.

When destiny is talked about in theological settings, it usually implies two things:

1) Divine interference, not substituting or cancelling our free will.

2) A deterministic view of biblical free will usually held by Calvinists and other types of reformers.

tl;dr you're a retard but here's your (you)

How do you know what good is unless evil exists?

To test your soul, nigger

Because it's inevitable.
Being god, how would you try to stop ww2?
What makes you think that your answer wouldn't lead to even worse outcomes?

Mysterious ways aren't called "mysterious " because they can easily be explained.

So you can grind for xp OP, duh

Why doesn't God just show himself so we can stop having these stupid fucking arguments? Maybe then people would believe in him.

God doens't judge people when they are alive, God actually messing with society would break his status as a constitutional monarch.

>tfw atheists are dumb enough to attempt to apply human measures of morality to a being that transcends humanity and our understanding.
>tfw atheists unironically think they're logical when their creation story is by far the most absurd of any
lmaoing at ur life atheists tbqhwy.

> God created man
Well there is your problem

He decided to prove to everyone he existed before cameras and mass communication was invented

>no light, no darkness
>no evil, no god
>no life, no death

So he can show his judgement and wrath. Read Romans 9.

Christ listen to this.

You say this is a good explanation? Modal logic?

If Y=X
X=5
Then Y=5

And he tries to refute this with some barometer bullshit.

God created me knowing I would rape and murder little girls. I don't know yet, but I'm sure looking forward to it.

What does the transitive property and your angst have to do with what he said?

You don't understand his argument.

Well, if you want to take an essentialist argument that Augustine came up with evil doesn't exist. Think of it like this, cold really doesn't exist; cold is the absence of heat. Evil doesn't exist, but is rather the lack of qualities that are considered good. This is why standards for what is evil vary by the thing considered; lions are not evil for fucking the shit out of sheep, but sheep eating other sheep would be a bit disquieting.

Likewise, you would also have to be looking at God in this context as omnibenevolent, omnipotent, and omniscient. You could simply argue that God is that which is greater than could possibly be conceived, but is still not powerful enough to end evil, or know of all evil. Or God could just be a dick.

You obviously have never taken a college philosophy class,
That is the structure of an argument.
and he didn't say that at all.
he said
Y knows X
X = 5
Then X couldn't have been anything but 5 since Y already knew it

He refutes it by relating it to basically a thermometer thats always accurate.

The thermometer doesn't control the weather but it will always be right.
If you believe this then you can't believe the that since god will know he must make it happen.
He just happens to know.
Another thing to add to this is why he would create a "good" only society
Also who defines good?
A man who murders his wife thinks he is good, who is to deny him this?
What if Earth itself is good and so is life and it's decisions?
Free will is the essence of good, therefore to disable that by only allowing good decisions would revoke a higher good.

you're here too nigger

That would do literally nothing. A=he has shown himself. People still don't buy it.
B=we show people the facts about niggers. They still buy egaltarianism as being truth.
Humans are very dumb, famalam. If God showed himself someone would come up with an explanation of "fancy technology" and people would buy that too.

Ying&Yang.

If Y knows X then it knows X is 5. X is not assigned 5 after the fact, when Y queries X it knows that the value is 5.

Unlike a thermometer, god knows beforehand, he knew when he created the universe, when he created you. God doesn't measure the result after the fact.

Please elaborate, how does a barometer analogy prove free will?

Because there is no moral god. Certainly none of the imaginary friends ancient retard men came up with in their self contradictory books.

Evil drives conflict.
Conflict drives progress.
Without hunger we would not farm.
Without famine we would not farm efficiently.

Why wouldn't god just create perfect beings that don't need to farm and fight for survival?

"Some would ask, how could a perfect God create a universe filled with so much that is evil. They have missed a greater conundrum: why would a perfect God create a universe at all" – Sister Miriam Godwinson, We Must Dissent

Because God is evil himself?

This entire cosmic creation is set up for God's pleasure. It is a divine pasttime of his. In the spiritual world, there is no duality of happiness and distress. It's a platform of Absolute Truth. All of our suffering is due to our own past actions (karma). We wanted to come to this material world to be the enjoyer, and now we are having to transmigrate from body to body endlessely. Krsna is the Supreme enjoyer, not us. We are infinitestimal, He is infinite. He is the controller, and we are the controlled. The best way to enter into the spiritual world is by chanting
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare!

Good taste my white friend.

>mfw not one person can tell me why God allows evil to exist

Because you are right now being tested. To disallow free action would result in failure of the simulation.

Life is a testing ground.
>Do good, go to heaven.
>Do evil, go to hell.

t. Mormon

Christians believe that God allows great injustice and sin without intervening because life is a test for heaven. People are put through hardship and temptation and then judged upon their decisions.

balance

>mfw not one person can tell me why God allows evil to exist

You ever fry ants with a magnifying glass as a child. Well god is kinda like that sometimes.

Which is silly, if he is omniscient he already knows what we will choose, he's already decided where we are going, making the test and life itself pointless.

Theological not actual logical

>God knows everything
>God made an evil person evil to live and die and go to hell

There's a question going begging here - the existence of a deity. Take away the deity and evil is fully explicable.

Because God is everything, including evil

>God doesn't measure the result after the fact.

You are just asuming that god is all knowing about everything all the time , but he is not

Yes he does what is judgement day ? he judges after the fact

Can we learn/grow without an adversary/struggle? Would you read a book where everything was happy, special, and good, but nothing happened?

Wrong

god is actually not omnipotent

The premise for my statement was that god is omniscient

Read the bible to see how god operates with being omniscient.

God IS OMNISCIENT but he only uses that Omniscience SELECTIVELY. He doesn't keep it on all the time. All those verses are proof of God having limited knowledge of individuals, individual deeds, and individual decisions. Outside of individuals with free will he knows everything.

He is capable of knowing everything and anything you will ever do but he chooses not to. Why not? For the same reason that when you were children your parents didn't go through your room, through your drawers, through your computers, diaries, etc. They could have any time they wanted to to make sure you weren't trying to do anything wrong. However, that would violate your privacy and a lack of trust is a sign of a lack of love. So your parents chose to stay ignorant of what you do in your room and what you bring and store in it to show that they can trust you. Even at the risk of you hiding something really bad.

That's the risk God took with both angels and mankind. That's why he never saw Satan and the demons coming in the future. He gave his angelic sons the benefit of the doubt they wouldn't use their free will to do wrong at the risk of them doing something wrong.

That's why he didn't see Adam and Eve coming as sinners because he gave them the beneifit of the doubt they wouldn't do anything wrong in private.

God chooses to risk you doing something wrong at any moment in time so you can have free will and so he can be trustworthy.

Explain shit like young children dieing to disease, natural disasters etc. There is no free will in that.

WE ATE THE APPLE U FAG

God only created us, and as we all know, once you fuck up, you never go back without a miracle from the man himself.

if you believe in free will you should watch this video

youtube.com/watch?v=aAnlBW5INYg

It's very simple, and has been explained plenty of times by philosophers.

On the level of God, there is only good. On the level of the parts (us), there is good and bad. By good is meant expansion, by bad is meant destruction.

So to say that "God allows evil" while implying His level and ours are the same, or that the level of the whole and the level of the parts are the same, is a little sad.

Free will and the fact we would not know that good is good without there being bad in the world.

We fell from heaven into this world of delusion.
Our memory has been wiped.
We need to find our way back but cannot do so without the help of a deity.
Finding our way back is extremely difficult and painful both physically and mentally.
Thats why only a few people have been successful in history.

I'm hoping someone can answer since this seems to be a religion thread. For Christianity: how could Adam or Eve have known disobeying gods command not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil was a bad thing to do until they ate from it? I know they were told not to but the story implies they lack the ability to understand their actions were "evil".

this is heretical and stupid as hell

>b-but destiny and freewill cannot possibly coincide with each other because God knows what I'm going to do and this he's already judged me.

>that still doesn't absolve you of responsibility, and how do you know what God sees you actually doing if the future is unbenounced to you anyways. It literally is what ever happens. It's not defined already in your perspective. I swear we commit some massive misattributation of party characteristics when we crossvalue omniscience with limited capability to comprehend.

>Theodecies

If God is omni everything that means God can defy logic itself and be both nothing and everything at the same time. God can create a rock God can't lift and then God can lift that rock despite not being able to lift it. Just because logic applies to us, doesn't mean it applies to God. I mean come on, faith and logic are completely separate things. Faith has internal logic that is finite, but the contents therin maybe not. People saying shit like it can't be both, yet the conceived ideas of infinity and finite are still brought up as talking points against said argument. You can't even touch faith with the untouchable. Just my two cents.

>free will
>still have to obey a manchild God or get sent to Hell
thanks o' mighty father

Omfg how dumb are you

There cannot be good without evil

No value of life and health if there is no threat to you

That's the short end of the stick, no ones asking you to obey him, so #Notanarguement

That's one of the coolest trips I've ever got

God didn't command Adam not to eat the fruit in some kind of test, He warned Adam that the fruit was poisonous. But Adam, who wasn't very bright, took it as a command and thus ate the apple. His being chased from paradise isn't a punishment for disobeying, it comes as a consequence of an irresponsible behavior.

So the fruit isn't the fruit of knowledge and whatnot; it's a story about things having consequences. A story about understanding the link between cause and consequence.

Moral fag
COMING THROUGH

That is a concept of existence through opposition disposition, the only problem is, they have to be created at the same time in order to function as counter weights.

Atheist here. Any Christian can tell you why God allows evil to exist, you fucking retard. It's one of the founding principles of the religion. Don't be a moron.

Well I'd rather not spend my Sunday mornings praying to a shy cunt so fuck him

Like I said, no ones forcing you to do it.

>You are just asuming that god is all knowing about everything all the time , but he is not
>Yes he does what is judgement day ? he judges after the fact

>you are just assuming what god knows and does not know!
>now watch as I do the same thing!

God be damned I'm tipping my hat to that one

Why does child burn in hell if he dies not baptised?

Eve ate the fruit after being told it would not kill her and Adam ate it after eve did and she didn't die. I don't really see how the behavior can be seen as irresponsible either. Adam at least had no concept his actions were bad and he had conflicting evidence with what he was told. What he was told being that eating the fruit meant death.

>no ones asking you to obey him,

>haha yes little child of mine, you don't have to obey me
>but be warned, if you choose not to obey me you will be damned to eternal suffering

That's not an argument, Sorry, Freewill.

So before, God knew exactly what everyone was going to do, know God allows free will? Are you serious? This goes in contradiction to the doctrine.
Religion seriously attempts to adapt to the given circumstances all the time nowadays

Seriously what the fuck is so hard to attribute that just because someone knew what you were going to do it doesn't resolve you of responsibility? You still have control over yourself and didn't know the end result of it all, that's free will. Unless you want to fence Sarte and then bring up Greek philosophers you gotta start somewhere that isn't vulnerable from modern or historical logic. If you knew what you were going to do before you did it you could of chose to fucking do something else regardless. Point being God could choose to do something else knowing something he knew he would do. You're forgetting that God is also free WITH omniscience. Agnostic speaking,

>Adam at least had no concept his actions were bad and he had conflicting evidence with what he was told

It was made very clear to him that something was wrong with eating the apple, though. The fact (in the story) is that he ate it and had to suffer the consequences.

The role of Eve is that of a facilitator. She's not bad, she's childish. As for the snake: a satanic figure is what appear when you think God commands you stuff. Because when you have to command, it implies you're not all mighty. The snake is the doubt that arises when you think God commands you, when in fact He warns you.

>eating the fruit meant death.

Yes, which is why Adam's story isn't about betraying God, as normies would have it, but it's about not understanding the relation "If A, then B", i.e. "If you eat the fruit, you'll be in trouble".

>ahhh, do not question such things my boy
>yes, I'm infinitely powerful, all knowing, and can do anything
>and yes, I knew they would eat the apple
>and yes, there was no way for them to know just how massive the consequences that would follow would be
>and yes, you don't have to obey my wishes
>but ill damn you to hell if you don't
>and yes, I already know what you'll do and the only reason I wouldn't know is because I purposefully choose to ignore what I already know and have always known
>so ummm, don't question this

>remember, I am the center of everything
>yet for some reason
>my whole existence revolves around you

>b but I'm the special one here
>this totally all makes sense
>there is no way in hell humans did not invent me

na God makes people evil from the start and then send them to hell for shits an giggles, says so right in the bible.

>look at me
>I'm so so so important I MUST have free will
>I MUST HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL OVER MY ACTIONS

>but uhh also my god is in complete control so uuhhh see I totally don't have some juvenile need for control

Also buddy I know you are a spic

>mfw some douche thinks that mortal man can explain the nature of God to another man.

>agnostic I just see atheism as a shitlords way of saying I'm to fucking lazy to think and I'll just hedge my bet in one of the most naive bluffs in the entirety of the universe. Also just because

Also white,
Also Ad hominem straight into the trash.

Are you dense? Obviously I understand without any holy guidance.
Actions = consequences, whether they're good or not.
It is not one who knows what happens, but 'God' who does. If he is an ever loving/caring omnipotent being, why can't he stop a murder? Because it was intended to happen? Because the family's victim was to suffer for something else? So that's God's plan?
Religion's is simply behavioral, it keeps people in check.

NOOOOOOOO I MUST HAVE FREE WILL

I MUST, HAVE, CONTROL

IT ALL MAKES SENSE JUST LOOK AT A BAROMETER YOU STUPID TIPPER CHILDLIKE ATHIEST AHAHAHAHAH

Freeeee will maaaan, it's like this thinnnggg maaan, you fucking athiest could neveerrrr understand maaaan, but like, free will, end of discussion

Religion's use*

Perfection

>so Ad hominem straight into the trash.

Oh, I see you're a lover of fine things and phrases. Here, have my rarest peh payha or as the uncultured swine say, Pepe

>Agnostic but go ahead an keep implying faith. It doesn't take atheism to try and grapple religions logic structure. well ironically you're on Cred Forums and some would argue that traditionalist white societies with a strong religious cultural surrogate would keep that country alive and running for years during a war, it makes it easier on the police and no one is killing either one another. Except when the topic of God normally shifts to Christianity. Although that's probably due to it being the biggest belief system on earth atm. I'm just tired of faggota bashing Christianity when pol literally hates anyone from the middle shithole haram sands. Related thinking that it's still pretty unfair to bash them when they've reformed as well. I can concede the hypocritical purpose you proposed being that God gives free will but still threatened a you. Still I find it hard to believe that their couldn't be a god with so little we fucking actually know.

At this point i don't think its possible for me to understand how you can make it clear to someone who doesn't understand good or evil how an action can be "wrong". He was presented with a reason not to eat the fruit that was disproved by eve eating the fruit in front of him, which would have removed all the consequences he was been able to understand at that point.

>you are given a choice between being good or being evil because God is fair and it seems totally logical to test humanity in this way...you cannot outsmart God.

>yes well I'm very powerful and all
>I uh just decided for the hell of it to create a world in which evil must exist for good to also exist
>uh uh uh unless of course we are talking about my garden
>I don't know what I did but somehow I got good to exist without their having to also be evil

>of course then Satan came or lucifer I get them confused
>are they the same being?
>anyway being all powerful wasn't enough to stop a snake that I had previously created who was actually a fallen angel

>but of course I knew the snake would do that
>so it's all part of my master plan

>but no it's not
>cause humans have free will
>which means I have no ultimate goal or plan but umm
>...

>I I I'm agnostic guise I swear
>that's why I argue like a Christian
>and have a raging hard on for the religion and thus myself
>but I'm not Christian

>and like culture and stuff it's like good to have religion (THAT MUST BE CHRISTIANITY) for reasons and like Christianity is probably the best choice for you cause like I don't know just become a Christian

Firstly "evil" is a subjective concept.
There is no such thing as objective morality.
We might perceive death to be bad and unpleasant, but it does not make it evil. It is as natural as birth.

Another example would be capital punishment in certain cultures. People of those societies would believe that public stoning is a perfectly just and reasonable action to take, whereas, somebody from Western society would believe it to be an evil act.

My second point is that the concept of free will could not exist if God was there to control every aspect of our lives.

Thirdly, what you perceive to be evil could not exist if you could not perceive anything to be just and right. Conversely the same is true.
You can't know that you are dry if wetness doesn't exist, you can't know that you are happy sadness doesn't exist etc

A nigger couldnt post a good post like that. White confirmed

maybe because what the jews told you about god is a lie

maybe you should start there, it's a good place to start considering everything else they say is also a lie

>you cannot outsmart God.

>live my life like an absolute degenerate heathen
>on my death bed truly be sorry and ask for forgiveness from the center of my heart, truly repent blah blah blah
>go to heaven

Also don't forget the killing and raping part, gonna do a lot of that before my death day

Holy shit you really wanna prove something to Cred Forums don't you, is that why you called me a spic at first? Half of this shit is projection in the face of "he's not giving me the satisfaction of the argument I wanted." So what I can be wrong. But the point of the matter is you still haven't addressed my point about limited knowledge and Gilbert Ryles argument of morality. Basically how could you say there isn't when you don't know enough to make a decision. Sure maybe all the gods we know a false human created. But that still doesn't mean that a God doesn't exist, it's ironically egotistical to implicate that since the gods we know aren't real their could be a god in the first place. Still relying on causality will get you no where. The only logical choice and moral choice is to be a agnostic.

OK, I'll try.
God gave us free will. The ability to make choices and decisions.
Without the ability to choose and make mistakes and also good judgement then we can't have perception.
Humans are capable of both good and evil.

free will dude

listen here retard,

im not religious at all but its pretty fucking obvious that we wouldn't know what "good" was if "evil different exist to give contrast between the two.

Stop bring a fucking idiot.

>At this point i don't think its possible for me to understand how you can make it clear to someone who doesn't understand good or evil how an action can be "wrong"

If you're God and one of your creations is a little mentally limited, like Adam, you forbid a certain deed or action in order for Adam to avoid the consequences. If you're a parent, you forbid your child to cross the road. If you're a pastor, you forbid your flock to engage in "sin". You hence command them by referring to morals, and notions like good and bad.

If however your creation, your kid or your flock is a little smarter than Adam, you present them with the idea that actions have consequences: if A, then B. They may chose to engage in said action, or not. You don't need to scare people with concepts like good and evil, or right and wrong, which are not absolute - even if they present themselves as such. You need reason, and the recognition of the principle of causality (if A, then B).

>He was presented with a reason not to eat the fruit that was disproved by eve eating the fruit in front of him,

I wouldn't say disproved, in the sens that they were still banned from paradise.

>which would have removed all the consequences he was been able to understand at that point.

It only removed the notion that God's proposition to Adam was a command (based on moral, good/bad, right/wrong). It was in fact a warning (if A, then B). Adam being chased from paradise is simply the consequence of his actions (and of not understanding causality).

In other words: there is morals, right and wrong, only if you are unable to understand causality.

because satan created the physical world and god isn't involved and doesn't intervene

>There is no such thing as objective morality

B but no my bible tells me my god makes MY morals JUST, RIGHTOUS and OBJECTIVE.

you hear that? MY morals are objective. Mine mine mine not yours mine.

But um the part I personally don't like to talk about, along with pretty much all Christians, is that I really don't "know" per se, whether MY morals are objective, I'm pretty much just believing they are and calling it faith which makes it sound all smart and fancy.

So sure, i don't know for a fact that my morals are objective, but you better believe I'm going to act like they are SO DONT TALK TO ME ABOUT MORALS ATHIEST WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY KNOW ABOUT MORALS?! EVERYONE KNOWS ONLY CHRISTIANS CAN HAVE OBJECTIVE MORALS

WE KNOW THIS WITH !ABSOLUTE! CERTAINTY!!

isnt it obvious? it would be so boring if it didnt,

in the bible it says god made man for his own amusement. wouldnt it stand to reason all things were made for this purpose ?

the bible also states that all people even non believers do gods will and since he doesnt stop every one from doing shit doesnt that mean its ok?

the rules in the bible seem to be rules of man not gods rules. a man has to have short hair. its in the bible but a mans hair can grow long yet the hair on his brow has a set length it can grow to

Because the bronze age mythical god of the bible is not true, in fact the bible is ridiculous to the extreme. It has it's place in the fiction section and can be considered virtuous (at least the new testament)

Grow the fuck up and face the fact that we are alone in this brutal world, we exist for a short time them we die. It's up to us to make the world a better place.
We invent gods, we are gods.

Because God made us in His image, and if he has the free will to choose to create us, then we have the free will to do what we want.

Reminder that insincere prayers have no effect whatsoever

Because God is God

youtube.com/watch?v=bCxCb_RzWuI

>Grow the fuck up and face the fact that we are alone in this brutal world, we exist for a short time them we die. It's up to us to make the world a better place.
>We invent gods, we are gods.

You are too direct. Religiousfags will just discard you as a spawn of Satan.

That's pure fucking projection of a weaker argument what I didn't even bring up. The one that I brought up was based on finite knowledge not the comparison between faith morality and non believer perception capability of morality. Before I go I wanted to point out the irony that your making fun of ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY when clearly you believe you are as well seeing that you are a definite "no" instead of a "maybe/maybenot ". So edgelord since your so confident in being no, why the fuck are you criticizing someone who has just as much merit as your position does? Never answered my Gilbert Ryle. GG

>maybe because what the jews told you about god is a lie

WOW

Thank you so much I understand now.

You see I had a deep resentment of the lord because as a child I just could not stand going to church this slowly but surely turned into a Jewish rape fantasy in which jewsus on the cross made me hate Christ.

But now I see, I can let my hatred go. I am free! Free at last to frolic, and sing, gayly with the lord.

Oh thank you user bless you be blessed for those Jews sure had pulled a number on me they they did indeed pull a number on me I'm sayin I do declare it.

Why should it not?

You need to read the difference between objective and subjective.

You clearly don't understand what it means.
If something is objective, it is true for everyone, not one specific person.

If something is subjective it can mean different things to different people.

Read a fucking book.

Because why not you humongous ultrafaggot with 0 faith

>this nigger can not read
This nigger should not breed

Not seeing any arguments just faith this and I believe that so it must be true.

I'm sorry, your covers been blow. Your Le Le Le I'm agnostic not a Christian days are done

>Grow the fuck up and face the fact that we are alone in this brutal world, we exist for a short time them we die. It's up to us to make the world a better place.
We invent gods, we are gods.

Big redpill to swallow

Without a dark there can't be a light

>Before I go I wanted to point out the irony that your making fun of ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY when clearly you believe you are as well seeing that you are a definite "no" instead of a "maybe/maybenot ".

>I can't be certain how can you be X x xDD

You better go, sheesh if you're already pulling out that "argument" this early on you must really be out of options

Go pray for me (((agnostic)))

Does what I say upset you?

im so sorry you are unable to understand, need your hand held baby?

Its true though.
You may not believe in God but you believe in something. To claim belief in God is a delusion is a claim to knowledge.

I'm going to assume you're a materialist.

Why do you believe there is something rather than nothing?

How do you account for the fact that mathematics are a system of measurements and observations, that they cannot cause anything.

How do explain abstract, immaterial concepts like beauty, consciousness, altruism?

Name calling is the lowest tier of debate.
If you can't disprove me why do you still hold your position? Whose irrational now?

Can't really say there is no god because we don;t know shit. We are just scratching the surface of quantum physics and even though we think we have it worked out, shit gets a whole lot deeper.

There could very well be a god but I promise you this: It is not the christian god of the bible who was conjured up around the time that we now know as "the agricultural revolution" and likely has nothing to do with our evolution. It probably doesn't even know we exist. If it did it wouldn't care.
It's impossible to comprehend just how insignificant and irrelevant we are in this universe.
For all we know the guys at CERN are creating new universes everyday.

The new test is nothing but a handbook on how to be a modern Roman. We could do a much better job at divine writing and morality if we re-wrote it.

Men hav free will to do evil, and through the bible I believe they will get their punishment for it in hell

Disease, plague and famine can be punishment for the sins of a nation or just your father

>implying God gives a rat's ass
How do we know God (if he exists) that he isn't just observing us the same way we observe ants? We can watch an army of ants tear apart a bug or a worm or some shit and not give a damn because in the end it's only slightly interesting at best. God could be watching the current war in Syria and going "ooh well that's interesting, ok this is boring now let's see what's happening in another part of the universe". We humans are so far beneath a godlike deity in terms of intelligence and morality that it would actually be a waste of time for a god to view us as moral creatures, much like how we don't judge bugs for killing each other. Do you view insects and animals as being evil? They're just doing what they do best. The same could be said for how God might view us lowly humans

Because for Good to exist there has to be Antithesis. Human beings have free will and are unique among all living creatures to manifest Virtues. Things like Honour, Love, Compassion and Mercy.

This is our purpose, the reason we exist. Without Human Beings none of these Virtues would exist.

Shit happens because one reason. Only when people are in trouble they search for help and then others can help them or not.

If everybody was happy with their lives and there were no problems, free will wouldn't be effective since nobody will be able to choose to help or not to help someone.

Evil must exist for being able to choose.

Evil is subjective.

because he... get this

DOESNT RULE THE EARTH

SATAN DOES

this is something you could find out with the bare minimum of research. holy shit is it amateur hour here

kids get bone cancer
go on, google bone cancer
thanks god/oden/allah/immortan joe

because God is playing weird games with us, obviously

>hurr durr bad things happen sometimes
>y u do this God this is all ur fault!
It's like people actually think God is looking down on us thinking "hah another kid with stage 3 cancer! Got em!" Things happen. There's no rhyme or reason to life. We exist until we cease to exist. Make the best of your time here, cause it's all you got.

/thread

They can you just don't like the answer.

>Moron

Fixed it for you

>I refuse to accept any answer that isn't what I want

Evil is the absence of good, not the opposite, much like the relationship between heat and cold. Straying from God and what he says is creating a greater and greater absence of good. This ability to choose whether or not to follow close to God is by design. How can there be a genuine willingness without choice?

You are free to choose either way but both come with consequences, which being a loaded word implies punishment but is nothing more than the reaction to your action.

There would be no good without evil.

The free will argument is so fucking stupid. If god is all powerful and created everything he created free will.

Theology logic then states he allows evil to exist for free will. So, for evil to exist free will must exist also?

Doesn't that make god fallible? Doesn't that make god limited? -surely if he was all powerful he could create a world where free will exists without the necessity of evil and suffering. If he can't, he isn't all powerful, and something (either evil, or free will) exists above him.

Because it pleases God for us to fight evil. We were created to wage spiritual combat, and this life is the arena:

>Perhaps in the most terrifying account of battle, St. Anthony entered a cave full of demons who beat him so treacherously that his servant found him dead. He was carried home and as his brothers were mourning his death, he miraculously revived. St. Anthony bid his servant to return him to the cave where he had been so mercilessly beaten and there he summoned the devils again.

>Wild beasts and savage demons appeared and resumed attack by horns, teeth, claws and insults, until there appeared a bright light. The demons fled and St. Anthony knew that Christ had made his presence known. St. Anthony asked our Lord, “O good Jesus, where have you been so long? Why did you not help me in the beginning to heal my wounds?”

>And Christ answered him “I was here but I would see and abide to see thy battle, and because thou hast manly fought and well maintained thy battle, I shall make thy name to be spread through all the world.” In the universal call to spiritual combat, it is Christ’s desire to see us fight bravely and well as did St. Anthony in the desert.

integratedcatholiclife.org/2013/12/rummelsburg-the-torment-of-st-anthony/

When God came into this world as Jesus he was crucified. That should tell you something.

So is everything else.

What is your point?

Another arena. Another battle. Another fight to conquer evil and to make recourse to God and to abide in his life.

Have you dealt with people dying of terminal illnesses? It makes them better people as they reconcile themselves to God and their deaths. They have a sense of eternity about their demeanor, a sense of knowing the stakes and purpose of life now that it is drawing to a close.

Atheism has a much bigger problem.

Evil is a result of free will, you can't separate the two

But is it free will if you remove the ability to do evil from it?

Go look up point of no return
The brain builds up the intent to do an action but can still be vetoed. With that said if the, the brain has 200millisecond before the action cannot be vetoed. In short, the brain has varying degrees of agency.

>Evil must exist for being able to choose

So basically heaven is this place where evil doesn't exist. Aand that would mean good doesn't exist either in heaven

>heaven doesn't exist...

Is that what you are trying to say?

Atheism isn't one person.

Most Atheists, myself included. Believe that the Universe has and always will exist. It simply does, there is no beginning and there is no end.

Throughout the cosmos there were planets that crashed into other planets and asteroids. Mathematically eventually created a chemical soup in a boiling lava pond somewhere that was struck by lightning or some intense for of electro-magnetism creating basic amino acids. Again mathematically eventually creating a chemical chain reaction that sustains itself and continues to sustain itself based on its ability to be efficient and not die out.

Chemicals continue reacting over Millions of Years

Bad ones die out

Good ones keep reacting.

Eventually different chemical processes become more advanced due to specialization and genetic mutation in the chemical process.

Single Celled organisms become more and more advanced.

Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Organisms form.

Trilobites.

Permian Period

Jurassic Period

Common ancestor spits into two sub species primates

Humans are one of these species.

Ooga booga for thousands of years before realizing you can use stick to hurt animal more than just hands.

Then you can sharpen stick

Then you can burn end of stick to stiffen it

Eating large amounts of cooked meat give us a huge boost in proteins that our body uses to boost our intelligence over thousands of years.

Humans become smarter because stupid ones die out

Out of Africa

Neanderthals

Caucus Mountains

Ice Age

Sumerians

Egyptians

Rome

Britian

United States

Shitposting

Too much in my head not enough time. I'm tired.

What's that yellow thing?

Only certain sects of Christianity believe in Pre-Destination.

The same reason he lets retards like you post on Cred Forums

So other posters can be good

we have to experience evil so we can know how great it is when there is an absence of evil.

Kek had spoken!

>Most Atheists, myself included. Believe that the Universe has and always will exist. It simply does, there is no beginning and there is no end.

An infinite universe is physically and metaphysically impossible.

In the beginning, God created the heaven and the Earth.
This is physically and metaphysically possible.

I don't have enough faith to believe in Atheism.

Alright you stirred some feelings.

I used to be a huge, HUGE flat Earth fag.

I spent weeks just studying and conducting tests of my own. (I live by an ocean)

I had some cringe videos but to my knowledge of course the math is correct.

I still believe we live in a firmament and that the Jews are hidings its existence with a multi-generational lie to lead us to believe we are nothing more than dust in the cosmos and ultimately useless.

I believe god created the heavens and the Earth. I believes he separated the waters from the waters and let their be a firmament.

I believe on the 6 day after he created the heavens and the Earth he saw that it was good and blessed us with a day of rest and to this day we, the children of God are in that Firmament.

But its not something I can believe and not be called out on it so I mask it with typical ambiguous atheist malarkey.

Call me a tin-foil. I believe it, if the day we die is the day we find out the truth. I'm ready to see the pearly gates. I live my life in a good traditional way. If I was misguided and chose the wrong sect god will know that in my heart I meant only to stay loyal to him and his teaching that have been clouded and erased by Kings, Pharaohs and Tyrants. He will know that I believed in his word.

youtube.com/watch?v=XEmn0uaQCYc

Having your own faith is fine, even in small group is fine, problem is when it becomes organised and institutionalised. Then it has to protect its power, becomes dogmatic and stops pursusing the questions about existence.

To thicken the plot

people who call others heretics in the year 2016

That's OK. I don't think half of the things we are told by NASA are true. Don't trust the Freemasons, they are spreading their lies everywhere. They own and manipulate the media, education, politicians, etc.

Define evil.

Hurricanes, tornados, volcanos and earthquakes are not evil, and humans were given free will, it's not God's fault they choose to use it to do evil.

Well, truth is dogmatic by definition.

2+2=4 (dogma).
It's not 3, it's not 5, it's not even 4.000000001. Truth is dogmatic and unchanging. Anyone who says that you have your truth and I have my truth is deluded. Truth is the same to everyone and everywhere.

Its in the bible tard i am not assuming anything

Thats mathematics, not belief, learn the difference.

Belief holds no place in Science other than a Hypothesis.

It doesn't change reality. Facts and Logic cannot be wrong, only misguided due to lack of evidence that would change the outcome.

Science can't be wrong, ever. The moment new evidence comes along that changes the way we see things it was false science believed to be true and thus pseudoscience based on impartial evidence.

Unlike your Bible.

Mathematics is based on axioms. Those axioms cannot be proven, see Gödel's Incompleteness Theorems:

cosmicfingerprints.com/incompleteness/

You got to have faith in mathematics.

It's because God isn't as powerful as people want to think he is. He tries and means well, but can only subtly influence everything. For example, he gave us Trump and brilliant scientists.

>Science can't be wrong, ever.

Science is fallible. Science is wrong on many things and has been wrong in the past and will be wrong in the future. Don't put your trust in science. Science once believed that bloodletting was a cure for disease. There are many silly beliefs in science that have no evidence. Science is fallible and therefore can be wrong, as the history of science has shown.

no goy, believe in the jew demigod jesus

religion can't be proven either but i'd rather have faith in something that works than something that doesn't seem to be of any use other than dividing people. Thing is there's over 4000 religions on earth, which one is right ?

Jesus changed the world by teaching to love your neighbour as yourself.
Atheism changed the world by killing 100 million people during the Bolshevik revolution (Jewish revolution).

It's actually very logical. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Practical science works. But much of science is theoretical, speculative nonsense. Practical science (engineering, physics, etc.) is good, but the rest is a waste of time.

>Thing is there's over 4000 religions on earth, which one is right ?

The Catholic Church is right.

Why didn't god just create a world without cancer. Literally would've been just as easy as creating a world with cancer for him.

Why would anyone want free will if it allows evil anyway? I would much rather live in a world were people weren't evil.

Read the rest of my post Nederland. IT WASN'T TRUE SCIENCE, only misguided generalizations due to impartial evidence. There infallible truths in this universe, using our senses we can determine these using the scientific method. If we have impartial evidence we can come to the wrong conclusions, but its NOT SCIENCE. Science is unchanging, the universe has rules, we can only misinterpret it and call it science because of our lack of evidence.

> IT WASN'T TRUE SCIENCE

No true Scotsman. Hmm.

I'm sure there's a billion followers of Hinduism or Islam that would disagree but there you go. Maths has an agreeable outcome,, others can check results. not so with belief. There's not thousands of interpretations of the outcome of 2+2

Stay ignorant, their are infallible truths in this world that cannot be shaken. The very pillars of reality and THAT is science, misguided generalizations are not science and were just that,misguided generalizations based on impartial evidence.

If you can't understand that you are literally just being ignorant.

thru the apple in paradise people where allowed free will, to choose between doing the right thing and the wrong thing.

since then people have been allowed to make their own choices and since that point people have been allowed to do whatever people please

and people choose to create this. Dont like it?
Change it!

What about tsunamis

>god defines the rules of logic
>still doesn't let free will exist without evil
Not very nice desu

Atheist Lawrence Krauss believes 2+2=5.

G.K. Chesterton:
“When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing, they then become capable of believing in anything.”

>aryanism.net

Quite funny how retarded dolbaeb pindosi actually think they're Aryans when they're too fucking low iq to understand anything. Inbreds, I'll have the laugh with jews on this one, no wonder they view a portion of peopel as "golems."

Many scientists don't believe there are truths. Many scientists are relativists and subjectivists. They don't believe in God and truth. They believe in scientism.

Okay thats two interpretations and one's clearly from some dude with brain damage, doesn't really refute my point though.

>AthiestCuck simultaneously believes in everything created by random chaotic chance and morals.

generally created by an earthquake under water resulting in a tsunami.
which is a natural act, but incase you want to say Gaia as living entity it means she has a soul, and therefor under the law of free will is allowed to make quakes happen.

or if you want to believe HARPP arrays (created by humans)

Why didn't god create an earth that wouldn't have tsunamis or earthquakes

>practical science is right
>catholic church is right (nothing regarding difinity in the bible can be scientificly proven)

So pick one

free will

>everything created by random chaotic chance

You're really, really stupid. Did you know that?

>morals

When you say "I only do the right thing because I'm scared of being punished after I do by a wizard who lives in the sky", you're pretty giving everyone permission to ignore everything you say for ever. Because, as we noted above, you're very, very stupid. Aren't you?

We only think things are good or evil/bad because humans are narcissists. Evil doesn't really exist.

Read Thomas Aquinas. He gives 5 arguments for God. No one has yet refuted Aquinas.

Because death is a part of human life

also consider losing a loved one in a natural disaster.
normally this loss will bring with it grief, but one can choose to accept to instead be happy for this person to know they have gone beyond to see the truth.
>First Law of Thermodynamics: Energy can be changed from one form to another, but it cannot be created or destroyed. The total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, merely changing from one form to another.
if one believes in the soul this law states a person energy will never seize to excist, and therefor one can find happiness in a persons passing instead of grief.

in essence it all the bad shit in the world happens so people can make a choice on how to deal with it. respond to death with depression or love? respond to anger with more hate and anger or "turn the other cheek"

the choice is yours

kek my local news in that pic

Muh apriori

1) free will
2) god's plan

>having to strawman to avoid thinking about the opposing point of view

If God acts through us why are so many of us neets?

>Because death is a part of human life

The only reason it is is because god made it so

> but one can choose to accept to instead be happy for this person to know they have gone beyond to see the truth.

Sure but ask anyone whos had their son, wife etc die in a tragic accident and they will all say they would prefer to still have their loved one alive

>if one believes in the soul this law states a person energy will never seize to excist, and therefor one can find happiness in a persons passing instead of grief.

Physical laws only apply to things that exist

>in essence it all the bad shit in the world happens so people can make a choice on how to deal with it

There's no reason whatsoever bad shit like earthquakes hsould happen thjough. Why did god not create us to be perpetually happy beings that never had a trouble in the world and are completely content with that. I could think of an literal infinite number of worlds that would be better than this one. Think about it like this, if you consider yourself to be a moral person if you had the power of god would you let tsunamis, earthquakes and floods kill millions?

kid had it coming

Climb the mountain of ignorance, then you will find God.

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.”
― Robert Jastrow, God and the Astronomers.

It's not strawman, it's accurate. Atheism is meaningless.

The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but pitiless indifference.”

― Richard Dawkins, River Out of Eden: A Darwinian View of Life.

There are no peaks without valleys, there can be no good without evil, there is no objective reference point then. The reason to know the difference is so know one would support evil.

Good evil, right wrong. Evil is wrong. God can only do right.
Evil wrong is a matter of perspective to a human.
Eg, national socialism is evil, depends on your perspective. A ward full of children with cancer is wrong, depends on your perspective.
Only humans can do evil, only humans can deliberately do wrong.
So for God to stop evil he would have to remove humans.
God only does right, so the right thing to do is put up with human evil, and teach them to stop doing it.

Because God is a beta faggot, that's why.

>implying the world's problems aren't caused by nogs, the merchant and those who support both
God is testing us for the day we eliminate them in favor of his son, Kek

dacc.edu/assets/pdfs/PCM/merechristianitylewis.pdf

Book II

>Catholicism is STILL associated with Christianity

When will it end.

youtube.com/watch?v=AZTZRtRFkvk

>Proof from motion, proof from Necessary vs. Possible Being, proof from Efficient Cause

You can't logically reason out scientific problems. There's no reason something can't come from nothing it just appears to be that way due to the fact that our reasoning skills were developed to reason out hunting and gathering in the Savannah rather than the origins of the universe.

>Proof from Degrees of Perfection

Fallacious. I can compare two objects in their degree of perfection without the need for an absolute to measure against.

>Proof from Design

Could've been designed better earthquakes, volcanoes, disease etc

So what's with physical evil, such as a natural disaster or epidemic or something.? Why do landslides or Ebolachan occur? Preventing stuff like thay wouldn't conflict with free will, surely.

God created everything, including the potential for evil that he already foreknew would occur (potential manifested) therefore God is ultimately responsible for any and all morally evil acts that has, is or will ever occur. Freewill and predestination are incompatible, although from a mortal standpoint there is the illusion of freewill due to being bound by time/space. God being responsible for evil doesn't nessacarily make him evil, but more akin to a taoist point of view, containing the inherent potential for both. Pic unrelated

>let me tell you how god thinks
>nobody has ever met god or proved he exists

yeah nah, take your children's book shit elsewhere, dumb cunt.

>Said the beta faggot

>Thinking that a few sentences refutes Thomas Aquinas.

Listen, the greatest minds have not refuted Aquinas, why do you think you can?

>Discussing the problem of evil is beneath Cred Forums

What the fuck are you talking about?

One post by this ID

Ad hom's aren't any better Nederland.

>the greatest minds have not refuted Aquinas

Believe me they have. Also its not hard when the first three are all the same thing and can be fairly easily defeated with the modern day understanding of physics. Thomas Aquinas was a smart guy however I can't help feel that some of his arguments haven't exactly stood the test of time.

Doesn't mean that it can't prompt constructive discussion Meribro.

It's not ad hom to point out that a few sentences don't refute Aquinas.

Believe me they haven't'. Physics cannot defeat metaphysics.

>Physics cannot defeat metaphysics
>Netherlands education

It can. Have you ever actually observed nothing? How do you know that something wouldn't come out of it?

I don't belive in god.

But I do believe there is a flow.

For example without good, there is no evil. Action causes equal and opposite reaction. Shit like that.

Essentially what I'm trying to say is that everything that exists has a counter. Nothing is all powerful.

>There's no reason whatsoever bad shit like earthquakes hsould happen thjough. Why did god not create us to be perpetually happy beings that never had a trouble in the world and are completely content with that. I could think of an literal infinite number of worlds that would be better than this one. Think about it like this, if you consider yourself to be a moral person if you had the power of god would you let tsunamis, earthquakes and floods kill millions?

morality has very little to do with this. Does it make sense we live one life and then its over? or does it make sense we reincarnate and keep on learning? learn what? that we are all a tiny part of the one infinate creator (as is everything that is). In order for us to learn that we need to go thru hardships. apply the basic laws of karma here (if you kill someone in a next life you are going to be killed, lose a loved one to being killed, the works). This doesnt happen out of spite or anger, but so that you(the soul) can learn the effects these "evil" acts have. for this "morallity" as we see it in this world has to be set aside.

>Sure but ask anyone whos had their son, wife etc die in a tragic accident and they will all say they would prefer to still have their loved one alive

Offcourse, but as any buddhist will tell you this is an attachment to the material world which in essesnce is a illusion.
i love the people around me, and when they are dead i will be sad and cry for sure. but afterwards i will move on and honour their memory by living my life to the fullest by being happy.

>Physical laws only apply to things that exist

100 years ago infra red couldnt be proven today we can. so because we cant prove it now doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21_Grams
i will point your attention to the picture on the right.

Why did god create vagina?

So essentially, everything that exist has to exist otherwise it wouldn't exist?

>What makes YOU think YOU can go up against Thomas Aquinas

Not Ad-Hom

Nederland Education everybody.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

You faggots don't read the Bible and don't know shit. Explains why y'all think Jewish people are actually the Jews of the Bible. Fucking retards even though Jewish means to be like a Jew and being a Jew is an actual bloodline not something you can convert to. Faggots

No.

Everything that does exist has to have an opposite, or else it can't exist.

This so much, also I personally believe that "jews" these days are the Synagogue of Satan that god warned us about, the "Jews" who say they are "Jews" but are not.

So like, darkness exist because there has to be an opposite of light, otherwise darkness wouldn't exist?

Many types of good could not exist in the absence of some evil. How can there be sypathy if there is no suffering?

>why god does not strike evil people.

good question

because natural order is necessary. in order for civilization and society to exist people must co-habitat and follow laws of "good".

evil is a disorder, people who refuse to recognize evil or do something about it will be consumed by evil too.
it says in the bible

>Who is merciful to the cruel eventually would be cruel to the merciful.

>In order for us to learn that we need to go thru hardships

No we don't. I could think of any infinite number of universe where we are able to learn of the existence of a greater being without or son or daughters dying.

>Offcourse, but as any buddhist will tell you this is an attachment to the material world which in essesnce is a illusion.

But why visit any pain upon anyone? Why have the illusion in the first place? Why not just have us live in a utopia?

>100 years ago infra red couldnt be proven today we can. so because we cant prove it now doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

Yeah so it hasn't been demonstrated to be exist so you can't apply the first law of thermodynamics to it

>why God allows evil to exist
Free will. Duh

>god allows us to exist
>we allow evil to exist

It's not that hard really. You just have to take issue with one of those.

God abandoned us long ago.

>We allow evil to exist

And a child born like this is because of the evil/sin of it's parents or it's own?

But he was in my toast this morning Poojeet

That's because god loves you, silly.

Will we have free will in heaven?

Yes.

Without vvil there's no good. so it mst be good to be evil somethimes!

>It wouldn't exist unless it had to

>2016
>Simulation theory gaining traction
>Not subscribing to a Deist view of God

Seriously, how do you not believe in the Great Programmer in the current year?

This is the typical argument that atheists will use to disprove the existence of god.

1. God must be all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-good.
2. An all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-good being could eliminate evil.
3. Evil exists.
Conclusion: Therefore, god does not exist.

Instead let's use this

1. God must be all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-good.
2. An all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-good being could eliminate evil.
3. Evil exists.
4. God can have no good reason to allow evil to exist.
Conclusion: Therefore, god does not exist.

If God has morally sufficient reasons to allow even one act of evil or suffering, then the argument falls apart, because then this would show that god and the existence of evil are not logically contradictory. God may allow some evils to exist because by doing so he is preventing even greater evils from coming in the future. Or, by allowing some evils to exist, God is able to allow some goods to exist that would not exist otherwise. Another reason might be God's overriding goals for mankind, such as the goal of giving human beings free will. If we can't do evil we can't have free will, nor can we truly come to love God.

oh the evil meme
>Read Bible
>God kills a lot of people throughout it
>Even in Samson's death he kills ALL of the jews
>In the Revelations God tells us of our deaths
Evil is just perspective amateur.

im quite happy not knowing, there might be a god, might not be. If there is i suspect he/she/it doesn't give a fuck what we think.

so its predestination then. no matter what you do, got already knows and planned it out, even if you think you're actively going against what he planned. hmmmmm

>Don't worry mommy, God allowed this to happen to me so that some vague and intangible "good" can happen later!

>If God has morally sufficient reasons to allow even one act of evil or suffering, then the argument falls apart

Good thing there isn't. There's no reason god couldn't create a utopia in which we could live happily for the rest of our lives. If you were up there in the clouds calling the shots and consider yourself moral I doubt you'd let millions of innocents be killed by disease, earthquakes, floods etc.

This.

biblehub.com/2_corinthians/4-4.htm

Who knows?

What if happiness is not the highest good?

God could just make it the highest good?

Why would he do that?

Meh, i stick with Wodan if i have to believe in retarded shit.

Is he not benevolent? If so why would he not want to make us all eternally happy?

>Is he not benevolent? If so why would he not want to make us all eternally happy?

Apparently not.

Only some people will got o heaven.

Ok well your contention goes against typical christian belief so the problem of evil doesn't apply to the god you believe in

>Ok well your contention goes against typical christian belief so the problem of evil doesn't apply to the god you believe in
No I don't think so.

The problem of evil ASSUMES that all suffering is an expression of evil.

The bible doesn't say that that's so.

>itt god conveniently fits and is readjusted to fit everything true about the world

I think the point most christians would disagree with you on is that god isn't benevolent. If I were a christian I'd probably agree with you the god of the bible clearly isn't benevolent

>The problem of evil ASSUMES that all suffering is an expression of evil.

God could create a universe where no suffering takes place but he doesn't. That's evil.

Keep them talking, eventually they all admit to being basically agnostics that pick and choose which pieces of dogma to follow.

U don't understand duality. One can't exist without the other. Good can't exist workout evil. If u get rid of bad/evil things you also have to get rid of good things. Pretty boring.

iced out glo gang chain

Why couldn't god create a universe where you don't need this duality? Why not just create a universe where we may experience good without any bad?

>Good can't exist without evil

Because you say so? An omnipotent creator can make and make disappear from existence anything he pleases, including the idea of evil or anything that could possibly be viewed as evil. Just because you people keep saying you can't have one without the other doesn't make it true.

Think of it like this: Could you really define 'light' without also implicitly defining 'dark'?

YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE IN THE FIRST FEW PAGES OF THE BIBLE THAT GOD ISNT EVEN CLOSE TO OMNIPOTENT

>God could create a universe where no suffering takes place but he doesn't. That's evil.

I'm not so sure about that.

Light is, by definition electromagnetic radiation within a certain portion of the electromagnetic spectrum.

So yes, I can and just did.

What do you call a space where there's no radiation from that portion of the spectrum?

So he's not all powerful? He created this universe why couldn't he create another one with different properties?

>not understanding any of it

>bb b but god is "all powerful"
>Y U NO MAK UPTOOPIUH GAWD
>DOG CONFIRMED FAKE

*tips fedora*

God could create a universe where you wouldn't need to define light without implicitly defining dark as well as create a universe where could define good without defining evil

>So he's not all powerful? He created this universe why couldn't he create another one with different properties?

I'm saying I'm not so sure that it's evil to create a world that HAS suffering as opposed to a world that doesn't.

Suffering isn't evil in the bible. In many places, suffering has a holy aspect to it. It teaches us.

And what would the abscense of your autismo interpretation of 'light' in this scenario be?

>why God allows evil to exist

Because I find it interesting.

>God could create a universe where you wouldn't need to define light without implicitly defining dark as well as create a universe where could define good without defining evil.

What do you mean by that?
Evil is already defined as "not good"

God could create a world where nobody thought of the concept of evil... and thus never defined it.

He could create a world where nobody ever thought of the word for "Darkness" and thus never defined it....

But it sounds like you're saying something else that doesn't make any sense.

>Suffering isn't evil in the bible. In many places, suffering has a holy aspect to it. It teaches us.

But why make it a painful experience for us why not just make a universe where we may learn these lessons without having to see our entire village slaughtered before our eyes? Clearly these are things that don't feel good and it is evil to make a world were we experience pain in these instances over a world were we experience instead only happiness.

A different universe where evil does not exist and good may be defined without defining evil. Although something apparently logically impossible in this universe there's no reason why god couldn't create a universe where the above is true.

>But why make it a painful experience for us why not just make a universe where we may learn these lessons without having to see our entire village slaughtered before our eyes?

i dunno

>A different universe where evil does not exist and good may be defined without defining evil.

Yes, we don't need to have a world for evil. We can do that right now. Just erase it from all the books, and never bring it up again. In 100 years, nobody will know the definition. Is that what you mean?

Definitions of words aren't a property of the universe. They're a property of language.

I'm talking about the concept of evil and I was addressing the argument that you can't have good without evil.

>Definitions of words aren't a property of the universe

If your a christian you probably believe in some form of objective morality so clearly things like this are intrinsic your universe