This is the Cascade Range. It is one of the largest volcanic centers in the continental United States...

This is the Cascade Range. It is one of the largest volcanic centers in the continental United States. It may be quiet now, but it is definitely going to wake up at some point in the future.

If some of the large Cascade volcanoes were to erupt, large cities in the Pacific Northwest such as Portland and Seattle would be heavily damaged. These aforementioned large cities also just happen to be leftist strongholds.

All it would take is 1 or 2 volcanic happenings in WA or OR to turn them into red states.

>it's another "DA BEEG WAN" thread

My dubs in the OP seem to indicate Kek is willing to grant us a happening in the Pacific Northwest.

>large cities in the pacific northwest such as Portland and Seattle would be heavily damaged
good, smelly libshits in Seattle and Portland fuck everything up for both states.

wtf

Im on the other side of the puget sound. I will have a great view of mount rainier blowing its lid and not have to worry about any mudflows.

Kek is with us in this thread.

Kek, bring forth the fury of the fires of the deep! Bring them forth and smite the Sodom and Gommorah in the Northwest!

Praise him!

praise KEK!

Same here bruh. Feel a tad close in the 360 but will definitely have a good view.

Portland is special because it has a collection of small cinder cones located within the city limits. Cinder cones may be short lived and only erupt once, but new ones can form in the same area if there's still a magma source present.

One could just pop out of the ground one day like Paricutin in Mexico.

Here's hoping it takes the bridges with it, don't need anymore smelly unshaven craft brew faggots and cali transplants in the 360.

I can already sense the rising magma deep beneath the the cuck laden streets of Portland. Kek shall see that it breaches the surface and washes over the craft breweries and gentrified neighborhoods of the heathens.

fuck the hippie homeless white niggers that occupy the nw and leech your tax money

Kek be with you brother

>It is one of the largest volcanic centers in the continental United States

One of the?
Only the United states?
Only the continental part?

Why do people do this thing where they hype up somethings significance while pointing out facts that do the opposite?

This is why we should use Kek to wake the Cascades and destroy them instead of using it on Yellowstone.

May the Juan De Fuca plate keep subducting.

Make no mistake, the NW is shit now because of Californians.

What about the conservative Californians that want to get out of Commiefornia? Will you accept us as humble refugees?

you can have the NW, i'm moving to Alaska to spread the word of KEK!

It also extends into British Columbia and it's the largest continuous chain of potentially active volcanoes on the West Coast of North America.

There are other volcanic centers on the continent that could still erupt, but most of them are small volcanic fields in fairly remote areas.

>It may be quiet now
And it will be for the next 100 years. Volcanically, the only thing anyone need worry about is lahar flows wiping out small towns.

Got homies with plans take care of tacoma narrows at first sign of Seattle Exodus.

But user, Alaska is very pro Trump. They already know the power of Kek. But I guess moving there would be pretty dank if there's a lot of job openings there.
Kek says otherwise. Wakey wakey, Cascadey.

OP doesn't realize that the airflow would push most of the fallout inland

Portlander here
Please god, destroy this degenerate city
Destroy Seattle too, they are far too arrogant

The lahars from the stratovolcanoes would still flow towards Seattle and Portland.

Don't worry user, Kek will take care of the numales that infest the area with the power of subduction volcanism.

I think mt hood is supposed to erupt towards the south since that's where the volcanic bulge is facing. If it were on the western slope of the mountain then Portland would be fucked

>My dubs in the OP seem to indicate Kek is willing to grant us a happening in the Pacific Northwest.

I sure hope so. My ex wife lives in Oregon and I've been praying for the Cascadia Subduction Zone to go off.

What he is likely referring to is the fact that Seattle and Tacoma have major thrust faults through them. Seattle also has a basin the depth of Mt. Everest beneath it, the largest in the contig USA. It's not really my field, but in the event of an earthquake these basins would reflect and amplify the earthquake and truly devastate seatac. In 1000 AD, the southern side of seattle was upthrust almost 30 feet in an instant, creating modern day Beacon Hill and Alki. If that happened today it would be fucking awful, and it very well could. Most of our waterfront is also built on mud. We're pretty fucked desu.

I'm more concerned with the massive amount of tech companies in the area (including San Francisco and Silicon Valley who are equally as likely to have earthquakes or get nuked by North Korea). I don't think people understand just how much of the internet and the world's technical infrastructure is based in those areas. Sure they have server farms in buttfuck Virginia, but without anyone to manage that shit and once normies go without internet for two days, we're fucked.

sorry PNWfags earthquakes will not destroy california, the state red tagged basically everything not reenforced after loma prieta

kek, your id is merkl

>if that happened today it would be fucking awful
No it would be amazing, Seattle is shitting up the whole state for everybody.

Mt Hood will take care of these profligates. And if one of us gets trips, then Kek might grant us some additional eruptions.

God I hope so. Fuck All the recent Amazon Transplants. FUCKING LEAVE. GO BACK HOME

the effects can be unpredictable, it isn't just the west , it's a 600mi radius from yellowstone at least to be worried about

someone warn Hugh Mungus, he lives in king county

Do not worry. Kek will protect the based and faithful on the day of happening.

>Mt Hood will take care of these profligates. And if one of us gets trips, then Kek might grant us some additional eruptions.

My ideal scenario would be Cascadia fault zone going off. 9.4 quake that sets off Mt Hood. Then the Tsunami hits.

I think that would be sufficiently BTFO for my liking.

but user.. I live in seattle

what about rachel?

> HB 2354 likely to get passed, all because of faggots in Seattle and Portland.
Seriously fuck you guys.

just leave it behind
great sacrifice will need to be made

I'd prefer a giant earthquake that triggers a mass wake-up of all the major stratovolcanoes in the range, plus the tsunami.

The screams of the leftists would be legendary as Kek draws power from their agony.

We actually have a huge stockpile of chemical weapons (no idea why) right next to the Columbia river. Read about the Umatilla Army Depot.

Combine that with the inevitable massive 9.0+ quake we are 100+ years overdue for, all the chemicals leaking into the river followed shortly by the Pacific ocean will produce the happening of happenings

What's that?

I lI've in the Pacific Northwest. I'm willing to die if Seattle and Portland get their shit fucked in sideways. Fucking leftist scum strongholds.

Ban on ""ASSAULT WEAPONS"""""" and high cap mags.
>Pic related banned, ATF cat neutralization force inbound.

pic related

>one of the 985490892734 responses to this post that will derail this already retarded thread

A commiefornia-tier assault weapons ban.

Hopefully the NRA or somebody will sue and put a stop to it.

this is such a huge tease to countries like russia and china. it's impossible to have a contingency plan for a disaster like that and everyone knows but appears that western united states happens to be the luckiest place on earth in addition to being the most potentially apocalyptic

How can we accelerate the volcanism?
Copious amounts of plastic explosive?

FBI pls go

Not really.
If the west coast suffers economically, China suffers economically.
No natural disaster will cripple our military, if that's what you're saying. We made sure of that.

The last of the chemical weapons were incinerated around 6 or so years ago.

And yes they're all gone. I've been in the bunker areas.

Hanford is way more of a threat.

Damn, you got me.
I was trying to frame these damn Cred Forums kids for trying to blow up a volcano.

Or we can pray to the Frog God of Chaos that we shitposted into existence. He has already granted us a bounty of happenings ever since he first manifested when the Germanwings plane crashed with no survivors last year.

hah, jokes on you. That's why I signed up for volcano insurance.

For a second I was relieved until I saw Hanford is on the Colombia as well. WTF? Why wouldn't they put that shit somewhere with less volcanoes and earthquakes

damn its almost as if they did that on purpose

Anonymous posters on a Cambodian textile forum awakening an ancient Egyptian god is probably the highlight of this decade.

Same here. I though he was talking about the Hanford in central California.
His divine intervention will save us in these SJW infested times.

You guys do realize that you can use explosives and mining machinery to cause a volcano to erupt, right?

These areas aren't guarded or anything, just saying.

Stop trying to bait us, FBI.

It is Kek and Kek alone that will bring forth the magma.

Hanford is like most large nuclear facilities: they need a large, circulating body of water to cool reactors and for steam.

Most of the waste is pretty secure in concrete tombs, but there's a bunch of other shit there.

PRAISE KEK

Drill a hole slightly larger than the explosives you are going to use, about 150-200m underground. Drop the explosives and an oxygen tank, seal the hole with concrete leaving only the detonation wire outside.

Use equivalent to 300kg dinamite, it'll force an eruption by seismic shock.

That's like popping a water balloon with a nail as opposed to filling one up until it explodes. A natural eruption would be way more destructive.

Sure brazil , sure.

May the triggered cries of the leftists fuel his power.

And may his power wake the Cascades.

You, sir, are a retard.

goodnight west-coast friends

Good night.

And tomorrow I shall say good morning to the awakening Cascades.

And a mining engineer. Any explosion analogous to 300kg dinamite ripples for about 2km, in unstable formations. Thats enough to reach the caldera and crack the cork. Pressure takes over after that.

Is the eruption smaller than it would have been if left to erupt naturally?

It'll only let out the pressure that has built up so far, but it'll still cause damage.

The thing about volcanic eruptions is that the lava flow itself causes very little damage, and is easily containable. The real problem is the earthquakes that follow it. Those can be absolutely devastating, because they are sustained and chaotically repeating themselves as the pressure shifts and turns, and the earth reacomodates air pockets and whatnot.

The earth under your feet isn't solid 100% stone and dirt, there are vast networks of caves and rivers beneath you.