Should Trump come out in favor of legalizing marijuana (either medical or recreational)?

Should Trump come out in favor of legalizing marijuana (either medical or recreational)?

I don't think it would hurt his existing support one bit, and will attract Bernie voters and fence sitters. I see no downside. He can even reference Pat Robertson for his support of legalizing weed in case Evangelicals get wary.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v3SYWDkWyXA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

too bad about her ass

also he should avoid the issue

he already said its a states issue, and he's in favor of medicinal

Why not embrace it? He could completely own the young vote. All Hillary would have left are old ladies.

But does that mean he'd stop enforcing at the federal level?

already suggested this in one of those email surveys

literally no downside, he can even approach it from a states' rights perspective with a speech

"donald j trump will never allow a federal agency to arrest or prosecute a state for legalizing marijuana"

very minimal exposure to backlash from the evangelicals, and all the upside of garnering liberal attention and support

Trump is largely advocating for the working man, so no, probably not. It may appeal to his base (possibly) but it doesn't really work with his image as a successful businessman who wants to revitalize the working class of the US. If he does do it then he should absolutely wait until his second term.

Even if he did say he would, he wouldn't.

Why the fuck is this even an issue? Why does no candidate address obesity trends dominating the public sector?

What does her breast milk taste like?

It's in issues like this that would make him stand out as a real non partisan-non-establishment politician, yet he probably wont. He's too busy trying to sell himself as a "true republican".

Stoner here, and I say no.

More normies would be driven away than votes gained, so fuck it, no on my vote.

It wouldn't benefit him, I think. Many conservatives would be against it and I don't think many Dude weed lmao liberals could set aside their dogmatic hatred for Trump even for the dankest of weed. Plus, I believe Trump is quite against drugs of any kind. He doesn't even drink.

He would probably drive away the republicans that see legalization as a partisan issue, but don't you think that he would be apealing to the bigger target group?

He's pretty much already said he's pro medicinal because he's met patients that need it. He's kept the appropriate political distance from endorsing it but still told Bill o Reilly to go fuck himself when he tried to shame Trump into disavowing it completely.

Because no one likes to be told they're fat

nah.

he can play that card when hes president and actually get shit done.

10 seconds on google would've informed you he already said he plans to deschedule it

occasional refer smoker

should be illegal forever, its widespread use would be terrible for society on the whole

Enforcing those laws costs us billions every year. Let the pot heads smoke themselves retarded.

You don't get it. All the potheads already smoke. Weed has been mainstream in our music, movies, and tv for over 50 years. Most people grow out of it in theire late 20s or after college. Just because its legal doesn't mean people are going to stop being drug tested.

I believe he's stated it should be up to the state. Either way it would risk alienating some of the tradiation conservative voters, which Hillary could pounce upon.

He represents the WORKER. And workers should pass a piss test at the very least to get a job.

Let it remain illegal, who gives a fuck. If you can't find weed to smoke, you're a fucking loser.

I think it's Trump ace in the hole. It's how he will ensure the Johnson voters flock to him. He will do this really close to the election.

He should give a non-answer. Because it is a non-issue.

Because there are plenty in the conservative crowd that do not like it. The young vote is the shittiest and smallest voting block anyways, not to mention record low turnout rates. You are also assuming that all young voters want this.No point in talking about it, it is up to the state, like capital punishment. All you can ever do in these situations is piss off half of the voters.

Trump has this in the bag, all he has fo do is not fuck it up. Do not interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake.

He already said he's not going to interfere with state level issues. That's one of the core reasons we like him so much, in case most of you forgot.

Blue moon marijuana smoker here. I'm for reduced criminal penalties, and perhaps limited decriminalization, but not legalization. Stoners are fucking awful, and need not be enabled.

. . . Plus weed that gets here from "legal" states (in oppose to Mexico) is way too strong. That alone has caused me to all but quit.

Sadly she doesn't lactate

No he shouldn't, he should do what he's been doing since the start, and that's leaving it up to the states to decide.

>too bad about her ass

No ass big tits is superior taste

that's not her

sauce is Amanda Love

He claims he would "leave it to the states" unfortunately leaving the laws as they are aren't really leaving it to the states because it's federally illegal.

If you want marijuana to be a state decided issue it has to be descheduled from the Convention on Controlled Substances.

That technically makes it outright legal unless states make it illegal on their own (vs making legislation that actually regulates the sale of Marijuana on a federal level, then states don't really get to make their own laws)

But he won't do that. He'll leave the federal laws as they are which is Marijuana is totally illegal, and if states make their own laws they violate federal law and we get closer and closer to court cases where federal laws clash with state laws and there are supreme court lawsuits that will essentially, kill state laws for legal marijuana, both recreationally and medically.

The ONLY way to leave it to the states, is to deschedule.

see You cannot claim that it is a "state issue" when it is FEDERALLY schedule I.

>non issue

except that it has conflicting state laws and federal laws. That is a constitutional law issue.

He already gave the best answer, both from strategic and constitutional perspective.

Let the states decide. Libertarians out west and bible belt conservatives alike can get behind that.

Maybe even a few semi-cucked bernouts. I know some people who put this issue almost at the top of their priorities. Sad, I know, but they legally get to vote too.

The downside is that drugs are degenerate and should be banned,

Of course he should. The evidence is clear now. It is only a matter of 3-5 years before the federal criminal status is lifted. The people have spoken. More than 50% of all people in the US think it should be decriminalized. The rest are on the verge of death from old age and alcoholism. Only a matter of time.

He should go about getting it allowed for medical purposes or legalized. I think weed is shitty for recreational use but the fact that it is actually magical in some cases of disease it is needed,break down those faggot rich pharmaceutical companies who have a monopoly on the markets.

see You

CANNOT

leave the laws as they currently are on a federal level, and claim that it is a state issue. CANNOT. IT DOES NOT WORK.

The only reason it's "working" now is because Obama told the DEA NOT TO ENFORCE THE FEDERAL LAW.

>not realizing the law itself is unconstitutional and was only enacted due to cronyism, pro-cannabis groups would have a better chance at challenging this and winning in a Trump government

Even the American Legion, whom he just wooed, admitted that cannabis needs to be made medicinally available. There's a strong chance with his new cabinet and replaced heads of departments will ensure an easy change in classification

Also see the tenth amendment.

The states rights battle needs to be fought at some point. Marijuana is an issue where there is widespread public opposition to the federal government's position on both sides of the aisle and momentum is on the side of the states. It might be the best opportunity to take a stand.

youtube.com/watch?v=v3SYWDkWyXA

Yes, but also see the 11th Amendment. The Federal law supercedes state laws.

So there is conflict between state law and federal law, if this were to go to the supreme court federal law would win and it would bury all state medical marijuana and legalized cannabis laws.

You are right there. Canabis is one of those issues (the others being Gay Marriage and Trans Bathroom laws) where state law vs federal law are coming to a head, and a champion for states rights could do a lot of good.

> but the fact that it is actually magical
t. NCBI

if you're 13

i think this kratom ban is going to spark some interesting conversations as well

He has said he would make it legal medically federally and beyond that leave it to the states

nigger detected

>no ass
>good
A fucking leaf

caring about tits is more immature, therefore more niggerish and degenerate

No one, including me, even knows what that is so they'll lean towards banning it. Sounds dangerous.

first off it's the 10th amendment you turbo autist.
second, he could just leave the current regulation in place and not enforce it or stop states from doing what they want.

The people who would bring the case to the SCOTUS would be the DOJ which he controls so even if he didn't deschedule it with the DEA which he controls as well, he could still just not do anything to stop the states and leave it in limbo as is currently happening.

>Mitragyna speciosa Korth. (also known as ketum or kratom),[2] is a tropical evergreen tree in the coffee family

>In cultures where the plant grows, it has been used in traditional medicine; the leaves are chewed to relieve musculoskeletal pain, increase energy, appetite, and sexual desire in ways similar to khat and coca,[4] and the leaves or extracts from them are used to heal wounds, and as a local anesthetic, and extracts have been used to treat coughs, diarrhea .[3][11] Kratom is often used by workers in laborious or monotonous professions to stave off exhaustion as well as a mood enhancer and/or painkiller.[11]

it didnt take infowhores very long to get on the train discussing it.

kratom is not dangerous

>The only reason it's "working" now is because Obama told the DEA NOT TO ENFORCE THE FEDERAL LAW.
lolwut That can be done?How the fuck does that work?

Against alcohol too?

>a lazy broken government that doesn't enforce laws is perfectly fine if I like the outcome

He should have supported it a long time ago. If he comes out with it now, it'll become part of his platform and I think that's too risky. Perhaps, if it comes up, he could soften his position.

I'd been using Kratom about once per week for the past couple years.

It barely has a noticeable effect. You have to drink a lot of it and it tastes like shit, and then you get a little body buzz.

A lot of recovering alcoholics use it as a substitute because it has minimal withdrawal symptoms and no known side effects or health risks.

Banning that is so insanely petty it boggles my mind.

actually it's not an amendment at all I was wrong I thought it was one of the ones after the 10th but it's actually the article VI supremacy clause.

the DEA is an arm of the Executive branch of the government, the President is the head of the Executive Branch.

The President can just tell the DEA by executive order to prioritize other things. Which is what the DEA has done.

However the DEA can decide to start enforcing the law and crack down on legal marijuana states if it wished once there's a new President who hasn't told them not to.

What feeds your fucking sons, you dumb nigger?

Obviously you don't care; as having families and civilisations is a European mans thing.

Look for the hourglass figure anons. Giant asses is absolutely niggardry and big fake tits is hollywood kikery.

Whoa.