He fell for the study really hard and get good grades to succeed in life meme

>he fell for the study really hard and get good grades to succeed in life meme

When did you realize it wasn't about how smart you were but about the friends you make?

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No shit, if you major in joint kangaroo/fairy toast studies it doesn't matter what grades you get

save money, make good decisions, be patient, and you'll succeed... now if you're in student debt you're fucked and should kys.

Too late. Got a stem PhD and finished a postdoc 6 months ago, had three on-site interviews (two before postdoc) but no offer.
Fuck my life.

What STEM field? Just because Marine biology or so is STEM, doesn't mean you're employable

My late 30's.

When did you realize meritocracy died when the Jews took over?

When did you realize that material and worldly success is meaningless and the only achievements worth anything are spiritual ones?

I want work my ass so my son can just be a rich chad and I'll live vicariously through him, happily spending my dying days knowing that he had what i and other men could not.

Yeah fuck you got me. Should have went for the low grades, don't study at all approach, just like the clerk at Maccy D's told me. I've heard he could climb up all the way to lower management.

>Good goy.

OR its about how smart you are with your relationships with people and using them to achieve your goals.

its really funny how all around me STEM majors are doing things like childcare, admin work and are generally unemployed.

Meanwhile I'm the "idiot with the business degree" who is now a sales manager earning big bank in a fortune 500 company.

S-shut up

Asians in america have the highest median income. The meme is real.

the shills are out in full force on an entirely non-political thread
what did they mean by this

>Be indian
>nation has an average IQ of 80, be surrounded in poop
>top 1% of the population is smart enough to leave the country
>they go to the US and get better jobs than the average American
>duur asians are SUPERIOR !!!

Filipinos making more than Japs? How?

Studied really hard, got an engineering degree, now I make $75k/year and own a house. Put half my salary into savings and will retire comfortably at 45. Yeah i guess I really "fell for it".

how do i make friends with the right people

like a month ago

>will retire at 45

You must be kidding? Your money will be worth so much less in 20+ years that you'll need to work until 70

We're pretty far down the rabbit hole if choosing to save your soul rather than eagerly participating in the downfall of Western civilization is being a good goy.

> phd in native american studies
> 300k starting

>be me
>work at shitty bbq joint
>culinary school part time
>expo all day 4 tips
>love co-worker
>propose
>embarrasing rejection
>wtf have i done
>quit
>need a job
>teacher knows a guy
>fine dining
>>I gotta fuckin have this job
>give teacher ~200 lbs. of cherry wood
>bribe succesful
>9am interview
>interviewer looks at me
>"you got the job, now check out this kitchen"

Huh.

Well here's one to make you even more unhappy:

abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

Discriminating against you for being smart has been ruled by appeals courts no less, to be legal. So, be smart, can't get hired. BTW this applies in the oil industries, and at electric utilities as well too. Score too high on the entry tests, and they won't consider your application.

realized it years ago
>be me awhile ago, bout to enter fourth year of business school
>work at some private golf course as a cart/club washer during the summer
>the members at the course are shockingly all pretty cool, the job involved being friendly and talking to them so I got on a first name basis with quite a few
>one guy especially takes a shine to me
>tell him I'm entering my last year of business school yadda yadda
>one day buddy shows up at the course with a guest, and so i start talking to his guest
>he says how he's heard all sorts of great stuff about me, and that when I graduate to shoot him an email or give him a call for a job
>gives me his card, he's the president of a large pipeline company, says he'll get me in on the business side of things
>few months before I graduate, give him a call
>two weeks after graduation I was already employed
>two years after graduations half the people I graduated with still didn't have a real career while I was raking in $110k a year workin 40 hrs/week in an office for a pipeline company during the early 2010's oil boom
>due to oil prices the company ended up going under 7 months ago
>economy is totally shot too due to oil prices as well, and I've been unemployed since

seriously man, it's all 'bout who you know. there's no other way I could have been making the money I was making without doing serious labour at 24.

Chem Eng

I completely over thought it. I figured if so many people majored in business and so few in engineering, the latter must be worth more.

>implying it's even possible to advance in this society
>implying even the chaddest of chads from your school isn't a huge sad worthless clown
>implying we aren't untouchables

Holy shit, I'm not ready for these feels.

1488 RACE WAR NOW REEEEEEEE

it's called PREHEAT THE OVEN