Who else is a D'Annunzio fanboy?

Who else is a D'Annunzio fanboy?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_over_Vienna
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

literally who?

Some guy who lost his eye and tried to take a city on the other side of the Adriatic. He also wrote things.

The John the Baptist of fascism. Fascist salute, military parades, basically all the aesthetic and much of the ideas of fascism are down to him

He was quite a degenerate but a great poet

What do people in Italy think of him now?

I'm confused. Fascist poetry by a one-eyed degenerate..?

They think he is a great poet, but there are many weird stories about him
Many people believe he had two ribs removed in order to autosuck his cock

>Canadian education
Holy fuck are you serious?

He was a complicated man, user. Most of his poetry was from when he was younger, but his brand of proto-fascism had an emphasis on heroism and glorious deeds; in Fiume, he created a constitution which divided the people into corporations (doctors, workers, farmers etc) and basically made one for himself. He saw the brilliant, warrior-poet as the inspiring part of fascism. Plus, he was massively arrogant so didn't care much about rules.

Ah yeah, I've heard that story.
But do people look down on him for his political views?

His nationalistic pride and his deeds(like occupying Fiume) made him very popular during fascism, but his poetry isn't fascist. Still very good

No

It would be like looking down on Dante because he hated Muslims

We live in an age where the man who discovered the structure of DNA is ostracised for being 'racist'. It wouldn't surprise me if D'Annunzio was despised

I am curios, do you know italian or do you read his poems in English?

English. And I haven't read as much of his work as I'd have liked to

Well, Italians don't have that racism complex that seems to affect northern Europe and the US.
Maybe in other countries he is considered a disgusting fascist

People don't know him here, but tend to look shocked when I talk about him and say I like him

Evola>D'Annunzio

Why would you compare a philosopher to a poet?

>tfw based D'Annunzio is finally catching on around here
I've been spamming this for ages. Finally, my toil bears fruit.

>Italians don't have that racism complex
and that's why you're all part nigger now, think about it.

I'm sorry to say that mine is the only D'Annunzio post I've seen, but keep on educating the people about our glorious hero

I've never seen anyone else post about him except me, today i'm no longer alone. Thank you!

spaghetti-with-cum slurping faggetti

Walden is the future desu

How did you first learn about him, user?

He was awesome

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_over_Vienna