California's broken electoral college is the only reason democrats could ever win a presidential election

California's broken electoral college is the only reason democrats could ever win a presidential election.

Other urls found in this thread:

us-places.com/California/population-by-County.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

Okay, proportional electors would have to apply in all states to make a fair election.

If you are doing proportional electors, then why use electors at all?

No I think the electoral college is retarded and they should be abolished, but i was pointing out flawed to try to propose a proportional system in one large state because it doesn't vote the way you want it to.

so, what you're saying is that you would be for popular vote to decide? You are aware that GOP lost 5 out of last 6 popular votes?

Fucking bay area cucks

>tfw red county masterrace

Yep. Most of California is Republican. The only reason they have 55 electoral votes is because if the illegal immigrant population.

California is long overdue to be broken up into multiple states.

LET'S DO THIS IN TEXAS!

will cali turn red if trump deports their mexicans?

> 5 out of 6
> 4 out of 6 were electing Dems as POTUS

Prepare a better bait.

>Voting by state

Why no simply have all people's votes and count them and not split by state (no candidate can "win" a state)

Riverside a shit

>Doesn't realize this is a problem in every state
>Doesn't realize that big states actually lose delegates to smaller, mostly republican states
>Doesn't realize that the only modern president to ever win the election but not the popular vote was actually a republican

This is retarded OP, kill yourself.

Because we are united states.

>why use electors at all?
The point of electors was to avoid all of this bullshit about vote-splitting, and a two-party system, and get together a limited-enough number of elected regional representatives that they can all take some time and talk to each other before they cast the final ballot, so 50+% can all agree on a president no matter how many candidates have been put forward.

Whether it's a million people or three hundred million people, a whole country can't sit down and talk through a decision and come to reasonable compromises. However, each district can choose a trustworthy man who understands the local interests, values, and preferences to go to such a meeting.

Putting the actual final choice of president on the people themselves ensures bad outcomes.

Thats not how it works at all.

Illegals arent even counted.

>997▶
California's people are the most retarded in the world. Everyone on the cost basically deserves to be gassed

Because candidates would spend 100% of their time campaigning in large cities. The electoral college brings swings states into existence and allows small, rural, states a chance to get their voice heard.

The big population centers, i.e. the bay area and LA, are in the blue areas.

The big population centers are all liberal as fuck

us-places.com/California/population-by-County.htm

We should go the opposite way
Eliminate the House so each state only gets 2 electors

damn, trump could win california this year

There are 6 million social security numbers in use of people over the age of 112. I think theres like 3 people in the whole country who are that old. Somebodys using them

That's how it works everywhere. Why not make the same demand of Texas?

Texas votes the right way

That is probably the worst idea Ive ever heard. The House is the only reason conservatives in California get any voice at all

But liberals get even more of a voice
The House was the death of Federalism

Not really m8. Not where I live anyways. Surrounded by like mind gun toting conservatives in a upper middle class neighborhood. Most of riverside county is pretty shit though.

That's why I'm not opposed to a little nuclear war.

Please best korea save us.

As much as I love how Orangecrest is copy paste Hollywood suburbia, it still doesn't redeem the city.

I can't stand the weather and pollution, and most of the good jobs are a drive away.

What really gets to me though is that people will defend it by saying "But we're close to everything!" The main attraction to this city is that it's close to better ones, awesome.

It's also got the stupid California price.

Nah man, Riverside a shit. Lived here my whole life and can't wait to leave.

If you did it to California, you'd have to do it to all states.

Then, Democrats would get a portion of Texas, Georgia, and Arizona.

End result would probably be about the same.

why even fuckin bother with electoral college, it should just be whoever gets the most votes

Because we are a Union of 50 sovereign States

>Orangecrest

Lol no wonder you want to leave. I used to live in riverside and it sucked dick.

Mein neger knows what a fucking Republic is.

>leaf actually makes a good post
>leaf actually understands the electoral college more than most Americans
>leaf doesn't blindly advocate for the popular vote because it's the simplest for him to understand

Hopefully you usurp Trudeau soon.

Jefferson or North California should split off. It's happened before, and there are a number of people who live there that are tired of being attached to the retards of LA and the rest of south-coastal California.

I imagine this proposed state would get ~10-12 electors, though I haven't crunched the numbers. Splitting votes is stupid, abolishing the college is even more so.

Summon the Elector Counts!

because winner takes all is a horrible fucking idea, there isn't enough representation.

THIS ACTION DOES NOT HAVE MY CONSENT

This is a ploy to extract money from socal through water politics

hahaha republicans would get their dicks chopped off every election if we abolished the electoral college. Thats why they are scared to sign the petition.