Why does no one advocate the abolition of college sports so tuition would be lowered?

Why does no one advocate the abolition of college sports so tuition would be lowered?

In the USA, there is the NCAA, which is a huge organization governing college athletics. Colleges and universities spend tons of money on scholarships to bring athletes to their schools. They also spend tons of money on facilities for these athletes to use (stadiums etc). Meanwhile the athlete is so consumed with sports they have barely any time to study. It is a lose-lose proposition. The student athlete doesn't learn much and the rest of the study body is forced to absorb the costs of subsidizing that student athlete by higher tuition costs.

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/money/3605591/college-athletes-sports-costs-students/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>cutest one doesn't show her ass

moar, op

"hey, you said we weren't supposed to wear panties!"

>that cheerleader effect

dang those girls are so hot, congrats on the lucky frat bros who will put rings on them

I'll advocate for college sports when e-sports is also supported. But only master-race esports like Starcraft2. Maybe Smash Bros/Marvel vs Capcom and Counterstrike, but not retarded casual games like LOL and DOTA.

>consumed with sports
you mean partying, drinking, and doing drugs?

I'm so tired of hearing about college athletes and their sob stories.

Two reasons that I can think of are:
1)
> successful business men tend to be huge sport fans too
> promote sport events between two unis to lure alumnus into the event for social networking
> get connections, possible internship connections for students
> discuss about projects, get opinions how they could be capitalized
> secure a possible investment
> increase universal ranking on due process
or
2)
> try to pander for the smart, athletic students who didn't get into top 20 unis
> hope that team does well in school cup, and gain popularity and interest towards the school with it
> be dumb enough to fall into dick measuring competition regards to offered free time activity by student clubs

Other than that, not a fucking clue. I wouldn't expect schools to make that much of money out of them, unless the sport facility structure and this arrangement has been set and exercised for few decades

Well, I know for sure there is not much networking happening. These students just get very drunk and then go into the stadium.

>pic related

You're a dumbfuck, the academia jews will find other ways to raise tuition

did you actually look at their faces?

they're all hideous and have a pound of makeup on

You've noticed too? Good for you!

What is so difficult about not eating like shit and exercising.

Endless disappointment.

>Kappa Alpha Theta
my wife is from that sorority

well sure, but do faculty members take part of those events at all?
I wouldn't expect them do social networking with students, unless a student is specifically prepared for such.

btw, are those Bad Neighbour type of parties actually a thing, or is there even more orgy type of activity involved?
Some American exchange chicks told me that any foreigner is a hot piece for your girls

Libs love the football, because it is all about whites and blacks working together towards a common goal. And the blacks, of course, are better at it. It creates a false sense of common identity and community between whites and niggers, and some slutty white chicks use this as an excuse to have sex with star nigger athletes. I would not mind sports being eliminated from both college and high school. If the pros need lower levels of organized sports from which to recruit new talent, let them pay for it themselves. At the pro level, taxpayers should NEVER subsidize stadiums. Let the ticket price reflect the total cost of the product, so that pro sports can price themselves out of existence.

>5,3,4,6,1,2

In that order.

College football is a net profit once it sells stadium tickets. It would be better to lower college tuition by dropping federal / state aid or simply nationalizing the colleges. Subsidies always raise prices.

Fuck Smash it isn't a real fighting game you autist.

I wonder what their assholes smell like.

I just want to fuck a qt/average girl with a nice ass. Thongs make me hnggggg.

post pics of her butt

Women, simply put, are garbage.

Lucky fucking Chad. Sorority girls are so goddamn hot.

Not a good looking one in the bunch.

All of them are hot except the 2nd and 4th. Even they are bangable.

Good schools take in more money by merchandise and ticket sales than they have athletics costs.

no, it is not like faculty and students mingling and talking about research or anything important. it is literally students trying to get drunk and being obnoxious.

the parties are real especially at big schools. lots of drugs and alcohol etc

being a foreigner would be a good conversation starter i guess

Not all of them friendo, not all of them

I have no opinion either way.

but, before you call him autistic I';ll just point out, he didnt say it was a * game.

this made me lol

this is my exact opinion. literally.

not to mention the public schools need more money from the state to fund the athletic programs.

i dont see the problem of high school students engaging in private leagues. most of the soccer players i knew in high school said that it was more important to play for a private league then the high school team because of scouts. they also had a lot of development teams. MLS teams had their own u-16 teams/development teams

>theta
Hnnnnnnng

>marrying
>marrying a sorority girl
>marrying a theta
SHIGGY DIGGY DOO!!!!!!

These women look fake, they look less human than video game characters these days.

nationalizing colleges would be the ultimate subsidy

do you not see how much of a failure the public school system is?

the federal government literally gives more money to underperforming schools to help them, when in reality, if the school is shitty, they should close their doors or drastically change, instead the federal government gives them tons of money to continue being failures.

also because of where you live, you are forced to go to a certain public school, this means the public school has a monopoly and has no reason to care about the students because they will keep coming regardless of how shitty the school is, they are forced to, especially low income kids

its literally a revolving door of shit in bad areas, low income kids, where even if their parents cared, they cant send them to a different public school because of the rules, so they are forces to go to a shit public school that begs for more money to continue to be shitty, and then spits out another idiot low income kid, and the government keeps this going

you want to nationalize the colleges?

>These women look fake
All sorostitutes (sorority girls) are fake as fuck. They have zero personality and basically no attractive attributes.

Basically a congregation of vapid sluts.

Fuck college sports. I had to subsidize some of the worst sports teams in the league while the engineering building had ancient equipment and was literally falling apart. Thank God I was in STEM so I didn't have to try and carry some Communications retards through group projects in addition to getting bilked out of money. College sports bring more niggers, more drunkenness/partying, more costs, reduce academic standards (can't let Tyrone fail his survey level physics course after all!) and in most cases don't produce good athletes or good students.

SSFV faggot detected

they are sluts, but the whole purpose of college girls is to be a wet garage to park your car

especially since most of them get shit degrees anyway

Do you know how much money they make from the football programmes?

Do you know how much money they make from high tuition fees?

Neither of these are going away

>they are sluts, but the whole purpose of college girls is to be a wet garage to park your car

Some college girls aren't disgusting whores though. A very small percentage, sure, but they exist. Tough to find but worth the effort

and if college was actually about education instead of indoctrination you'd be on to something. but it's not.

Which is ironic because, at least in the US, virtually all but the most successful football colleges actually lose money on their college football programs.

lol autist. there gonna marry 6'3 alpha chads who make sixfigures then tailgate you in their BMWs as your shitty 10 year old Civic barely shuffles down the highway as you drive to some autist store to buy a book about some worthless forgotten war nobody cares about lmao

Why do so many people on this board constantly misuse the phenotype "Chad"?

lol fuck off cuck. did my post hit u a nerve for u? lol fuck boi

Not really. Maybe if you were better at trolling

third from the right.

>KAO sorority
>cow
>no fatties present
aw

>>no fatties present
4 is pretty chunky

2, 3, and 6 will be within the next 5-10 years

Engineering did not make an income... sports do. Sports bring in tons and tons of money for Universities and Colleges. Tickets, concessions and memorabilia. Millions per game in revenue, plus a share of TV earnings. What money did your engineering department bring in? Did you sell a popsicle stick suspension bridge at a bake sale for $10?

better res

> filename

if this is a real pic, i came

Do all girls lose their bums firmness after early 20's?

I remember being 16 and having the most amazingly hot friends and now at uni all the hot girls have no ass.

Is this just a coincidence or what?

STEM fag here. Makes sense.

If it weren't for the sports culture my uni wouldn't have the money to have alot of the stem equipment anyway

Thanks a bundle

>Is this just a coincidence or what?
Once they start gaining fat, their asses start looking really bad

Girls past like 14-16 need to actually workout if they want firm asses. Most of them don't so their asses look terrible. Luckily for them, yoga pants exist though. Gives off the illusion of a decent ass

What they should do is get rid of all the bullshit elective requirements. What the fuck does humanities, government, psychology and other pointless horseshit have to do with my degree? Ban pointless electives and fire those teachers, now you can get a bachelors in like 6 semesters and bam education just got 50% cheaper.

this is a good point, just going by pure courses needed, the psychology major at my school needs 19 total credits

meanwhile the university makes that same student in that major take 120 total credits and 45 upperlevel credits like everyone else

it makes no sense, when the engineering major has 100 credits (lots of classes) required for the major

but they both get bachelor degrees?

one could finish a psychology degree in a couple of semesters, they dont need 4 years

They all look ethnic. I'm guessing this is a lower tier sorority at this campus.

I agree with you on removing sports from college and high school. I always bring this up when people talk about pouring more money into schools and rising tuition costs. I really wish this concept would gain traction. It's kind of crazy when a professor makes maybe 100k but a football coach makes 1mil. How do other countries deal with this?

you know how autistic you sound right now?

>all non-whites
>all have horribly flat asses, even when wearing heels

Exactly my dude, I personally am going for a bachelor of Science in Criminal justice with a specialty in law enforcement. Im in the military so I don't really NEED this education, but I need a degree as basically a check in the box so I can go federal law enforcement. I have something like 75 credits done (including like 20 electives give or take) and need maybe 6 more core classes to be done with my major.
>75-20= 55 core curriculum credits
>6 classes x3 = 18 more credits to go
>my core curriculum is only 73 credits

I need 120 to graduate. That means roughly 40 percent of my fuckin degree is useless garbage. I could save 40 percent of my money if I wasn't forced to learn about fucking Dionysis and the properties of sandstone and history of the Ballet Russe.

Tuition cost isn't paying for athletics. At most state universities, the staff at athletic departments are state employees. Those funds come directly from state legislatures and have nothing to do with the tuition you pay. School administration occasionally has to make tough choices with allocated funds - and that's when academics vs athletics becomes an issue. Athletics in div 1 sports can drive a lot of additional revenue fir universities, so usually when they hatchet a sports program, it's one of the low revenue sports that have a negative return on investment.

The university system sold its soul to athletics, the very nature of it is money. Cutting athletics won't make your tuition cheaper. It will, however, leave administration with a much tighter budget.

collegiate sport is a lie...

paying for knowledge is a farce...

if you put a price on knowledge...you are a pathetic fuck that should die...

these girls real average friendo

Cheerleader effect

It varies from school to school, but many schools do use tuition fees for sports.

Damn, one of those ugly cunts you in the picture? Lmao

I payed for a gravel parking lot for years as a college student...my money was not well spent if it payed for communist proffesors to suck all over my campus...

the only one who is close to being attractive is also the one who doesn't show her ass

i right not be the best looking dude around, but these are some C-, see me after class, girls

you vagina well...

Also they have the flattest, flabbiest bodies, their tits appear to be primarily because of being chubby

will look like amy shuchmer a few years after they pop out a kid

my entire home town was filled with girls who looked like this. they do not age well, I know from experience

they would be a 10/10 in the UK though

I'm pretty sure College athletics bring in millions of dollars for the universities that they spend across various operations. My university has a large student body and many nice/new buildings mainly because of our football team. The millions of dollars raked in from college athletics are spent for the betterment of the entirety of the university, however I do think that college sports shouldn't be as celebrated as much as it is.

look an American that has never even seen UK hole thinks she is an expert on UK hole....

Who cares if it comes from tuition or taxes? We get fucked either way. And most football programs don't even break even, except for like 5 of them, so that argument is out too.

3 would be best if she would do sports
no discipline
jew on the left had the idea with showing asses i bet...
and who doesnt show ass?
so i have to roll for 5

gj dumbfuck

College tuition is high because of explosive growth in administrative "jobs". It's a way for (((university administrators))) to help their (((friends))) get a cushy job.

Sure, there is a lot of cash flow, but most programs lose money, even with football.

>Sorority girls are so goddamn hot.

only as an idea imo.

like someone else mentioned, there is something about a group of them together that tricks the mind into thinking they are more attractive than they are if you separated them.

fuck that

>Supporting vollege supports
There's people that support handegg and apehoop in college, which allows every Jamal and Ty-Quan D. Obama to get a free ride to university, to the point where they don't have to even take real classes.

>e-sports
>Now gooks and chinks get a free ride to US universities.
Go back to Cred Forums.

Kind of a metaphor for life itself, really.

tongues fat chick anus...blames it on "groups"

Virtually all college sports programs lose money. Guess you didn't major in a useful degree?

yea let's be fat retards like you that don't exercise or do anything besides Cred Forums, fuck off

why don't we just shut down the internet also so you can't shitpost

They look like a bunch of dumb babies with their stupid diapers.

Thetas are trash

>not going to a Uni that has valuable enough researchers to get government and military funding

unless you are planning on teaching, you dun guf'd if you get a STEM degree from an institution that doesn't have a serious research program.

might as well get a business degree from an art school while you're being retarded

you know she sucked a lot of dic...right?

Because University is meant for the upper class of society who are supposed to become well rounded individuals at these institutions. If you mistook it for a job training center, that's your own fucking fault for being a retard

Why are they so ugly? Like fuck, they all seem to have make up on and all of them look terrible. You'd think at least one would be passable.

Most college campuses have Cred Forums on the ban list as is

no, private liberal arts colleges are meant for that

intro engineering class that everyone doing engineering has to take specifically outlines how much money you will be making once you graduate and goes on to tell you how much more you will make compared to other majors

you are just embarrassed that your degree prepared you for nothing

maybe you know worthless passages of shakespeare or something idk

Bullshit

This. God both their asses and faces are disappointing. Sad.

>well rounded individuals
Reading a few pages of Camus and Sartre and learning about different types of forests doesn't make someone well rounded . It makes pretentious retards who think they know everything because they got a pleb tier understanding of a book from a mediocre at best professor who has guaranteed employment because kids are FORCED to take his class, so therefore hemail can just be shitty at teaching and not worry about people not enrolling.

I did not say it was successful at that task, I said that was the intention behind the curriculum when it was developed and since then they have used that to justify adding more nonsense

My best friend is half-bong and I've traveled to Bristol and the surrounding areas with him every year for the past 6 years, so try again friendo. The most attractive women I met on that god forsaken island, were not actually from the UK

I thank God every day that I only have a small amount of Irish or Scottish ancestry

Only one doable is the one far right (your right). Unfortunately she is also the biggest slut of the bunch. She's bending over ever so slightly because she knows that's how the ass looks best. She knows from experience of being a whore.

>far right
>doable
Are you ignoring her face here or what?

To lower college tuition, just end student loans. Colleges would be forced to lower their tuitions.

>muh dick

Get the fuck out of Cred Forums nigger.

M8...do you see the other faces. She is by far the best.

The only sports that make any money are football and men's basketball, and only big, popular schools make money. All medium and small sized universities lose money on the sports progams

Shitposting from my schools wifi as we speak

2nd from the right

considering college sports are huge spectator sports, and the students don't get a paycheck, that shit should be PROFITABLE

where the fuck is all the money going?

Actually, you're wrong. Sports is a revenue generator for colleges/universities. Get rid of sports and they will have to increase revenue elsewhere.

Like 60% of the country has had school of choice. Wyoming has had school of choice since the 90s

why are american women so ugly

This argument is so flawed it is retarded. NCAA sports scholarships are not funded by tuition. They are funded by donations and sports revenue.

A better question is, why do private schools with 100 Billion dollar endowments still charge tuition? The interest alone would pay all of the tuition and more.

this
apart from left who is 6/10 the others are would fuck only if drunk

>The student athlete doesn't learn much and the rest of the study body is forced to absorb the costs of subsidizing that student athlete by higher tuition costs.

OP, the vast majority of college athletic departments are not only self-sustaining, they actually pay their "profit" back to the academic side of the university. That is to say, if they didn't exist, your tuition would be higher, not lower. There are plenty of reasons to oppose college athletics but pure economics isn't one of them.

Race-mixing.

>I would not mind sports being eliminated from both college and high school. If the pros need lower levels of organized sports from which to recruit new talent, let them pay for it themselves.

The only problematic college sports is the NCAA Division I football and basketball. They are the defacto minor leagues for those sports. Hockey, Baseball and Soccer have actual minor leagues; just like every other sport in the rest of the world (they might not actually be called that).

I think the solution is simple. NCAA Division I football and basketball should be professionalized. The players would not longer have to be university students, but paid employees of the team. The teams would be their own corporate entities, perhaps owned by the university but manged in an arm's length manner.

> At the pro level, taxpayers should NEVER subsidize stadiums. Let the ticket price reflect the total cost of the product, so that pro sports can price themselves out of existence.

YES. Quebec City built a whole stadium because muh Nordiques, but the NHL cockedblocked them and gave it to the hockey-mad Winter paradise know as Las Vegas.

HOPE YOU LEARNT YOUR LESIONS, ASSHOLES.

>it makes no sense, when the engineering major has 100 credits (lots of classes) required for the major
>but they both get bachelor degrees?

Engineering degrees are professional degrees that are regulated by an accrediting agency, so that have a lot of standardized course requirements. BAs, BScs, etc. can be less structured.

I would like to see most of the people graduating from college have a bit more humanities experience, actually.

Taking science courses is valuable for those majors, and understanding the cornerstones of our civilization is pretty valuable for engineers and biologists as well.

i don't know, i'm latin, we got great bootys all year round.

Aren't your sport facilities highly subsidized by the govt.?

No they don't. Where are you getting your info?

time.com/money/3605591/college-athletes-sports-costs-students/

Revenue =/= Profitable

It doesn't make any difference in tuition, schools with hardly any sports still jew you.

Also sports are huge for alumni donations.

>Get a chance for a college education.
>Act like a braindead streetwalking whore.

Why would guys even want to fuck trashy bitches like this?

>ad hominem out the ass
I think we found the woman.

That's 100% bullshit. There are perhaps two dozen D1 football programs and even less D1 basketball programs that are self-sufficient. Everything else is subsidized (including 100% of women's sports who are mandated to receive equal funding per Title IX).

Are women becoming less attractive?

this

Looks like a bloke

Not a single one of those women are attractive from the front.

I wish I knew this before going to my state university. My college spent so much fucking money on lavish unnecessary shit... My tuition could have been half of what it was. Fuck sports niggers.

lolwat
Have you ever looked into how much cash STEM grad programs rake in? Why do you think you'll find huge national institutes always being built at universities and things like medical research tends to be done at university hospitals.
Corporations put millions of dollars into university research programs at the grad-level.

>marrying a sorority girl
How does it feel knowing she had sex with at least 20 men by the time she graduated?

neither from the back. no hips tiny ass

^^this is actually a really good call leaf