Human knowledge is able to perfectly understand and articulate an omniscient, benevolent deity

>Human knowledge is able to perfectly understand and articulate an omniscient, benevolent deity

Why do atheists believe this?

They have small minds.

That's a good point. You can't understand a thing from within it, you have to separate into a different thing or you can't get the whole picture. This is a mathematical argument, I forget the name but if an athiest accepts this as truth, how could they also expect a logical understanding of a creator?

>if humans can visualize something then it must exist
good meme

Its more the humans I have the problem with. In another thousand years there will be a totally different interpretation of God that is so radically different to any current religion that it cannot be the same god.

Its best to just assume there is no god and get on with my life. Maybe there is one. I doubt any current religions have it correct though.

Atheism just states that since this omniomniomnieverything dieties actions or their consequences can not be detected by anyone or anything or proven by any means than you can pretty safely never give it a single thought in your life
People who are actively fighting against religion are just trying to prevent shitheads like you mudslimes from becoming terrorists coz youll be stoned for getting laid outside marriage irl so you hope in death youll get 72 pussies to fuck is you blow up somewhere outside your shithole

>God is a singular being and not a concept

nigga i can't visualize that

Yeah and soon there will be a totally different and contradicting concept. If there is a god humans have not found it yet.

>human knowledge is able to articulate the demands and exact wishes of an omniscient power down to a T because some sandniggers in a desert wrote it down

Why do religioncucks believe this?

>le can't comprehend meme
>let's make a religion and call it the word of god, if anyone questions this or the orders we give them, they simply cannot comprehend the amazingness of god :DD

Not to mention you've already disproven your shitty point by typing the word omniscient. Anything we can describe, see, smell, design, dream, imagine we as humans can comprehend.
Are you telling me humans can't comprehend an imaginative being that is omniscient..? Why do religious people believe this...?

Well yeah. If the defense against there being zero evidence of god is that its incomprehensible, why would you try and comprehend it? Its impossible by definition. There is no point in paying any attention.

>Why do atheists believe this?
they are the type of people who value intelligence the most
following that, they also think very highly of their own intelligence
thats how they deduce that they are able to grasp the will of god and his design of the world

let it be known however that no such thing as an atheist exists. There are only two kinds those who believe in god and those who think they are god, or able to become god

You sound like a shit skin.

If atheism were true there would be no doubles.

that much for your judgment skills

FUCK OFF WITH THE GUNS

>ask god to make square that is a circle
>god can't
>god btfo because he's not god

But I am correct, arnt I?

They are small minded and egocentric. They can't imagine anything superior to them because it would damage their inflated egos to do so. That's why they're always like "I'm atheist so I'm superior to you duuurr"

Atheism = Autism

They don't

-t. An Athiest

you'll figure it out eventually.

>There are only two kinds those who believe in god and those who think they are god, or able to become god
wat

I will keep thinking you are a shit skin.

yes you understood correctly.

>There are only two kinds those who believe in god and those who think they are god, or able to become god

honestly shut the fuck up, you're not smart, wise or intelligent.

Of course, but religious people always seem to say le comprehend meme. For example you question how god created Night and Day on Day 1 yet Stars, Suns and the Moons were created on Day Four.. Well you see, you simply can't comprehend it you small minded human. Literally the worst argument ever, damn why to religousfags do this to themselves

I'm atheist, and I don't think I am God nor can i become a God. So I guess that's wrong then isn't it?

Except he is. You atheists are the dumbasses here. Atheism is literally Autism.
You people are missing part of your brain.

>honestly shut the fuck up, you're not smart, wise or intelligent.
I said no such thing my statement is true nonetheless, you like it or no dumb brit you

you're just lying or unconscious, one of the two.

Because they're stupid desu

>Of course, but religious people always seem to say le comprehend meme. For example you question how god created Night and Day on Day 1 yet Stars, Suns and the Moons were created on Day Four.. Well you see, you simply can't comprehend it you small minded human. Literally the worst argument ever, damn why to religousfags do this to themselves

Have you got any points other than 'religious people are dumb'? To clarify, are you under the belief that there is no higher power whatsoever?

>In another thousand years there will be a totally different interpretation of God that is so radically different to any current religion that it cannot be the same god.

Oh shit man I forgot none of the religions are old. There's nooo waaaaaaay a religion could last over a thousand years goys!

Why can't atheists comprehend that a god could exist outside of any known religion? Just because Christianity is fake doesn't mean a god doesn't exist.

>Some shitskin turk making a drivel statement about there being 2 types of people. 'people who want to become god and people who think they are god'

And you applaud that as intelligent and me as autistic, see this is what religion does to you. It destroys your ability to be objective and critical. All religious people do now is spout le fedora memes, kinda funny after thousands of years of religion and scripture the only argument they have now is "yeah but tip your fedora HA LOl u probs feel EUPHORIC". pathetic really

Theres more than 2 types or people, not everyone thinks they are god or wants to become god. Fucking hell did they give the refugee center wifi password out?

I accept that he could. I just don't believe that's the case.

Oh here comes the classic atheist "I'm better than you and am at this moment euphoric" speech.
I'm not even religious. I just know atheists are dumbasses. I have an outside perspective on both atheists and theists because I'm neither.

It doesn't really matter how the masses understand God; Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism etc. as long as enough people understand the esoteric concept of God and eternal truth.

The exoteric worship of God is just tailored to the needs of the masses.

are you actually retarded or just trolling?

>by not believing in a mythical skydaddy that knows and controls everything you ARE the mythical skydaddy that knows and controls everything , or at least you think you are

holy shit, i knew you guys were stupid but i never realized you were that basic and primal in your thinking

>this retard actually thinks there is a part of your brain that worships god
never mind, there is always something to laugh at when it comes to you people

>I'm not religious
>Atheists are dumbasses
>I'm better than both

Where did I say religious people are dumb? (I'm not saying they aren't).
Also look how you're trying to switch the question, is that because you're unable to objectively answer my question of producing Night and Day without a Sun and gravitational orbits? Please do answer that without use of comprehend meme

>Its more the humans I have the problem with.
>Now watch as I arrogantly make a claim about what will happen 1000 years from now as though it's obvious fact.
It's more the hubris I have the problem with.

That's the next problem with atheists: Everything is about superiority to you people. It blinds you. I never said I was better than anyone it's just atheists are so autistic they can't see anything without their superiority goggles

Because they found prime numbers seem to be arranged by someone that's called god kun

See Damn you guys are pathetic/stupid/unable to read

>this retard actually thinks there is a part of your brain that worships god
Third problem with Atheists: They take everything 100% literally thus proving they are autistic. Lack of ability to read between the lines.

>made in God's image

Whats so hard to understand?

You certainly sound like you think you are better than atheists. You make a broad claim that all atheist are autistic and obsessed with superiority. I'm atheist, and I'm neither.

Why do religiots believe this?

Because we created god

>producing Night and Day without a Sun and gravitational orbits?

>by not believing in a mythical skydaddy that knows and controls everything you ARE the mythical skydaddy that knows and controls everything , or at least you think you are
it is an observation not a logical deduction dumbass

nice try though its a common strategy anyway: 'look at my logix look'

You are thinking of Godel's incompleteness theorems, but they don't really apply to the real world, which is ambivalent with respect to which logical system you use to describe it.
Anyway, atheism is about whether or not one believes in a god, not whether one sees it as a logical possibility.

>see this is what religion does to you
>religion
Here we go again. Tell me:
What belief system(s) do you derive your moral values from?
How do you intend to teach those values to your (hypothetical) children?

never heard of that argument, can you provide me with a reference ?

>Because we created god

If you see god as logical, for what ever reason, you will find it's hard not to belive it

>If you see god as logical

>be atheist
>talk about logic 24/7
They're so hung up on logic but fail to realize logic is a social construct.

Triple dubs. Kek has spoken. Atheism is gaytheism + autism.

>muh feelings are hurt
>muh religion has lost it cloak of protection
>athiests keep saying they are superior!!!!!!
>wahhhh why do they think they are more intelligent

Grow the fuck up. The truth is, as much as you like it or not, (remember, YOU bought up this intelligence/superior shit) atheists are simply across the board more intelligent than people who hold religious beliefs. This is simply a statement of fact, it's not me feeling euphoric or tipping my fedora, again a simple statement of truth. So it really doesn't do you favours when you bring that up.

I've seen hundreds of you guys before, you sit on the fence you try not to think about it, religious people are generally dumb for the stuff they believe. But that's fine, most of the have probably been brainwashed from birth and tbqh I feel bad for them. To imagine I were bought up in a family where muhchristcock was shoved down my throat at every meal, I mean how could you not become religious?
But then there are people like you, who refuse to answer or objectively challenge the question at hand and think to 'win' the game is to not play at all, well you're wrong, since you lose either way. You're worst than religious, atleast they have the balls to speak what they think(no matter how stupid it may be).

>atheists are simply across the board more intelligent than people who hold religious beliefs

Dude you're a walking stereotype...Maybe you'll grow out of atheism.

>But that's fine, most of the have probably been brainwashed from birth and tbqh I feel bad for them.
>It's moral education when I do it and brainwashing when you do it.
You DO know there's no difference between moral education and indoctrination, right?

>OH FUCK HE'S RIGHT. I FUCKING HATE THAT FACT
>I'LL JUST POST AN IMAGE OF A STUPID LOOKING ATHEIST. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS PROVES BUT IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER

that's because your a australia

And the masturbatory knowledge of "the esoteric concept of God and eternal truth" is tailored to the needs of the faggots.

>this omniomniomnieverything dieties actions or their consequences can not be detected by anyone or anything
but it's wrong. we're living proof that there's a transcendent independent intelligent entity existing somewhere out of our sensed reach. Let's start from the beginning. it's scientifically proven that from nothing, nothing comes, aka conservation principle. So if there was always nothing, we, along with all the univers wouldn't exist. So we arrive to the logical conclusion that at some point in time, some 'entity' had to intervene in order to iniciate the process of the creation of this univers. You can not call it god if you want to, but such an entity does logically exist.

WHAT IN THE FUCK

>posts the vacant, vanilla waifu

Whatever helps you through the day m8

Why god would be a monkey?

Atheists are literally trapped within delusion and they're the only ones who can't see it. Their thoughts just ping pong back in forth between "muh logic. muh superiority. muh science. etc"

Atheism is a trap for your mind.

If there aint a god then we are gonna build one

>posting images on an imageboard what a heinous crime

>logic is a social construct

The universe operates on it. The trajectory of a comet is based on logic and is not a social construct.

I really hope I'm just falling for bait right now.

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>What belief system(s) do you derive your moral values from?

This is essentially the white flag for religious people. They try and slide discussion into 'but where did muh morals come from if not god?' because when you ask them how was night and day created without suns they have an internal brain malfunction.

Also morals came from tribalism, you know how humans and our ancestors have been around for hundreds of thousands of years? If you think we only found out 2000 years ago not to eat our own infants or kill your pregnant wife or outcast the alphas and food providers then that's because you're extremely stupid and blinded by religion.

>Lack of ability to read between the lines.
tell me that when you quote Ezekiel 69:2 about how tattoos are degenerate or this and that, kek

>its just a prank bro

You people are a joke

>If there aint a god then we are gonna build one
Revelation already predicted that humans would try to do this.

it's the particular image. it's like lainfagging but for actual closet faggots.

Sounds good to me

Or does it?

I'm not an atheist, but this argument isn't that good. Saying that something is unknowable doesn't predicate it's existence.

Explain this to me. Why are none believers countries the best countries in the world and the countries of Allah are the absolute worst? Should not Allah reward the believers and punish the atheists? Then why is it the other way around? Atheistic countries are the most peaceful and succesful countries in the world.

I side with you on this one. I don't need religion to have morals.

It does, I dropped my teddy bear to make sure it still fell towards the center of the earth. He did. Breath of fresh air to find that out.

It does if you're a child or choose to think as one.

>My magic sky jew is real
>all other magic sky gods are fake
This is what Christfags actually think

Because God is real, but he's a different God to all the Gods that people on earth believe in today. The real God hates the countries who worship false Gods like the christian notion of God. He rewards countries full of atheists who he knows will be open minded enough to believe in him when they uncover the evidence for him in the future.

>Girl gives birth miraculously
>Guy dies, comes back to life
>The world is going to end in fire, trumpets will sound from the skies, angels will descend from heaven and battle daemons, while all the people who believe the above fly up into space where they are "saved"

Because this is obviously not true.

That God sounds as made up as the rest of them.

it was just a joke user.

>Out of literally infinite possibilities there is this christian deity exactly how i picture it!

Retarded as fuck lmao

>>Logic is able to perfectly understand and articulate an omniscient, benevolent entity.

Ftfy

That's the problem with Christian apologetics. Their arguments are facile. This is because they understand something we don't. People are dumb.

Saying things like, "but why are there still monkeys" , hits the spot a lot more than, "evolution may be a revelation of God's plan though continual improvement". Just for one example.

>>What belief system(s) do you derive your moral values from?
>This is essentially the white flag for religious people. They try and slide discussion into 'but where did muh morals come from if not god?'
Woah nice strawman. That's actually not where I was going at all, which you should have been able to tell from my last few posts...

>because when you ask them how was night and day created without suns
Because Genesis deliberately contrasts its first three days with its last three to set up a pattern that allows people to learn what different objects in the world around them are, not that you care either way. You don't start a math textbook by telling people that the sum of natural numbers is equal to -1/12, you start by teaching them how to count.

>Also morals came from tribalism, you know how humans and our ancestors have been around for hundreds of thousands of years?
Nice way of avoiding both questions, unless you're actually that incapable of imagining someone else deriving moral values in a different manner to yourself.

>If you think we only found out 2000 years ago
Obviously not.
>not to eat our own infants or kill your pregnant wife or outcast the alphas and food providers
That's actually hilarious! The only examples of 'evil' you felt safe to come up with weren't just of things that are blatantly evil but also blatantly stupid.
>then that's because you're extremely stupid and blinded-
Says someone who has been ignoring my primary argument.

You DO know there's no difference between moral education and indoctrination, right?

wrong argument. it wasn't that it's not unknowable but unperceivable. like a blurry image, we try to make out what it is but ultimately cannot see with complete clarity

>Because Genesis deliberately contrasts its first three days with its last three to set up a pattern that allows people to learn what different objects in the world around them are, not that you care either way.
That's what most atheists think too though. Because the bible was written to explain how the world exists the way it is to people of the time who didn't know any better. It needed to be easy to understand more than it needed to be correct. It wasn't a record of what really happened, just a comforting story to help people of a consistent sense of place in the universe. You're basically backing up the atheist understanding of the bible here.

>yeah well there COULD be a God YOU DON'T KNOW
>so join my cult where we cut the skin off of baby dicks
Will you fucking retards go away already? You're a threat to individual freedom.

Except there's no evidence for the blurry image existing.

A blurry image would be something like quantum mechanics, where we know it's there because we can measure it, but we don't fully understand why or how it works the way it does.

The existence of God doesn't have any direct evidence, let alone any specific detail about the nature of God is he does exist.

>not unknowable but unperceivable

I don't really think there's a difference. I have reasons to believe in God, but I can't prove it. God exists in a non-physical form and leaves indirect proof of his existence. That's why we have to take it on faith. Logic isn't enough, but absence itself isn't evidence.

Nice jew religion

>That's what most atheists think too though.
Likely true.
>Because the bible was written to explain how the world exists the way it is to people of the time who didn't know any better.
That's not what I think, though.
>It needed to be easy to understand more than it needed to be correct.
Retroactively looking at it given passages such as Joshua 10:12-14 and noting the use of polysemy in the opening of Matthew, it's clear to me that it in fact is both correct and difficult to understand; that is to say that a day doesn't have to be 24 hours long because the Bible itself said so.

Having said that, the contrast with Genesis 2 could suggest that it is intended as an educational diversion to a question which requires more education before it can be answered fully. I'm open to both interpretations.

No Goldberg, we're busy talking.

>an omniscient, benevolent deity has utter control over every parameter of life
>akin to a programming an engine for a game
>created the universe a particular way through his omniscience
>created a world with athiests and people of other religions
>and murders and rapists etc.
>they will be punished in hellfire by being created what they are
>people he created to follow him correctly get rewarded

If God exists then you have free will, so that argument makes no sense.

>that is to say that a day doesn't have to be 24 hours long because the Bible itself said so.
what do you mean? The bible says a day is 24 hours and you don't think that's correct?

That's kafkatrapping masquerading as BTFO. God can create a world without free will, with free will, or he could do nothing at all. God doesn't need anything and has no obligation to do anything.

I don't understand why God doesn't want me to reproduce outside of marriage or kill other human beings.
Isn't that a crucial aspect of life? To reproduce and succeed over other humans? Other animals do it all the time. Killing and fucking is as close to mother nature as you can get.

The Bible gives an instance of a day lasting for a time other than 24 hours and still refers to it as a day.

Fine, I'll let that one go. Free will can be an extensive subject to discuss.

What day was that?

ummmm a day actually goes for 23 hours and 56 minutes
Don't see the bible sayin that do ya...?

The Bible doesn't make something true by itself. Evolution is an observable reality ergo man evolved from something else. There never was a first man, like Adam, because it was a gradual shift into humanity. If you take the Bible too literally this will destroy your faith. Without literal Adam and Eve there is no original sin. There has to be room for interpretation and allegory. The lessons of the Bible are too useful to be discarded. Christians far too often defend the worst parts of the Bible in the worst ways.

>Other animals do it all the time.
'Other animals' also engage in cannibalism, incest, bestiality, rape, child abuse, eating each other alive, and much much more.

Sorry, what was your point again?

An omniscient god knows everything.
It doesn't matter if we feel like we can change our minds or take any course of action.
An omniscient god would know which choices in life we would make beforehand
And he created the world knowing this because he is omniscient,

Your god is evil.

Joshua 10:12-14. During a long battle.

not if you define a "day" by the day-night cycle. Which is generally what a "day" means.

I think it would be evil to force man to live without choices. If I had no option, but to be good, then am I really good. Without the ability of man to perform evil his goodness is meaningless.

>I wash my body knowing it will get dirty again.
>There for bathing is evil.

Your argument makes no sense.

>Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
>and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”
>So the sun stood still,
>and the moon stopped
lol. that's adorable

problematic as fuck tbqfhwyf

checked tho

Will you meme faggot accept that religion is just an attempt of human to comprehend the world around us.
We raised question, why is this exist, how does it work, what is the purpose of life etc... constantly for thousands of years.
And the easiest answer is "some force did all of that"
But then other man start to questioned, what if it's all bullshit, and there come new religion, new doctrine, and science.
Our nature is that we never stop wondering and pursuing the knowledge, the unknown, new theories are born every day.
There come the problem when science updates daily, when the jew book use the same old version since last millennium with some minor changes these and there

SATAN SPEAKS!

>An omniscient god knows everything.
Neither 'omniscient' or 'omniscience' show up in the Bible, but that's just by the by.
>It doesn't matter if we feel like we can change our minds or take any course of action.
I don't see how that logically follows on from your premise. If I know someone's going to take the bus to the beach the following day, that doesn't mean that I've stolen away their ability to choose to perform that action.

Humans existed and participated (still do) in all of those activities for a long time. Pillaging, raping, murdering, etc.
It was common place to pillage the defeated village, murder most of the men/boys, take the rest as slaves, rape the women and steal all of their things.
Did everyone in that era go to hell?

Not trying to come off as aggressive, just confused. Why are the standards for getting into Heaven so high all of a sudden.

There is no freedom under this model, this is what I'm trying to get across.
Your omniscient god knows everything everyone on this planet will do down to each passing second.
He made you that way, but he could have made you a different way..
Your decisions in life are already set in stone by god.
I don't understand what you mean.

What we call 'reality' is holographic in nature, so we are in fact smaller versions of the whole (which you can call 'God', if you want). Every part of the whole contains the whole and, to be more accurate, IS the whole. And just as a drop of water contains the same qualities as an entire ocean of water, we likewise contain all that exists within us - but merely on a smaller scale.

"To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour." - William Blake

Not only did our ancestors know about the holographic nature of 'reality', but there is also scientific evidence for the holographic nature of 'reality'.

"That is whole, this is whole.
From that wholeness, this wholeness comes.
Add the whole to the whole and the whole still remains.
Remove the whole from the whole and the whole still remains.
The whole remains the whole." - Isha Upanishad

"Know the world is a mirror from head to foot,
In every atom a hundred blazing suns.
If you cleave the heart of one drop of water,
A hundred pure oceans emerge from it.
If you examine closely each grain of sand,
A thousand Adams may be seen in it.
In its members a gnat is like an elephant;
In its qualities a drop of rain is like the Nile.
The heart of a barley-corn equals a hundred harvests,
A world dwells in the heart of a millet seed.
In the wing of a gnat is the ocean of life,
In the pupil of the eye a heaven;
What though the grain of the heart be small,
It is a station for the Lord of both worlds to dwell therein." - Mahmud Shabstari

So.. tell me. Why are niggers and homosexuals allowed in heaven?

Meme magic is real because what we call 'reality' is holographic in nature. The late scientist Emoto used to put written messages next to containers of water, then freeze the water and examine the crystals that had been formed using microscopic photography. The water that had been placed next to positive messages like "I love you." turned into visually pleasing crystal formations, while the water that had been placed next to negative messages like "You make me sick, I want to kill you." turned into irregular crystal formations. In the ancient Indian poem 'Ramayana', a bridge to Lanka is being built with stones for Rama by an army of monkey-like humanoid beings. However, the stones don't stick together to form a continuous structure. Hanuman, Rama's devotee, suggests that Rama's name be written onto the stones so that they stick together. This is done and the stones then stick together to form the bridge that they want to build. In both Emoto's experiments and that story from Ramayana, it's not the mere act of writing that accomplishes those seemingly miraculous results but the VIBRATING ENERGY FIELDS OF INFORMATION of what was written. One of the COMPLETELY FALSE assumptions of modern mainstream science is that our internal world (i.e. our thoughts, our emotions and our intentions) has NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on our external world. But the truth is that there is NO BOUNDARY between our 'internal world' and our 'external world'. They're BOTH movies that originate from the SAME projector room.

which atheists believe that ?

The base state of all things is energetic wave-form information, which has been confirmed by quantum physics. This is why everything can be perceived in an infinite number of different ways, because nothing can exist without being perceived and to be perceived, there must be a perceiver. When you see a rose as being red, a bee sees that same rose in shades of ultra-violet and a bat perceives that same rose as vibrations of sound. It all depends on the way that the information is 'read' (so to speak). We not only decode/re-decode information with our senses into what we call 'people', 'places' and 'things', but we can also ENCODE/RE-ENCODE information with our senses into what we call 'people', 'places' and 'things' - this is the basis of meme magic. We're encoding 'people', 'places' and 'things' with different information to what was there before, we're altering its informational substrate. The base state of EVERYTHING in the universe is ENERGETIC WAVE-FORM INFORMATION. EVERYTHING. We are literally information decoding information. Energy flows where attention goes.

"If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is - infinite." - William Blake

Knowledge isn't the same as control. Just knowing what decisions I will make doesn't mean that he made them for me. If I know you'll go to the pub tonight that doesn't mean I robbed you of your freedom to do otherwise.

Remember who and what we REALLY ARE - Pure Consciousness (which is infinite and eternal) having an experience in a temporary human form. You can call Pure Consciousness 'God' if you want, but I don't because the word 'God' has religious connotations that I would rather avoid. Religion is the McDonald's of spirituality.
What we need is to raise our level of consciousness, both individually and collectively. If even one person raises his or her level of consciousness, it has a ripple effect that benefits EVERYONE ELSE, even if they don't believe any of this stuff - and this is because 'reality' itself is HOLOGRAPHIC in nature. One of the ways that they have manipulated us so deeply for so long is by suppressing our sense of the possible. What we call 'reality' is COMPLETELY ILLUSORY and thus MALLEABLE - and they KNOW THIS, while most other people do NOT. EVERYTHING IS ILLUSORY, EXCEPT PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ITSELF. NOTHING is impossible in a universe that is ILLUSORY to begin with. We have the power to transform this prison illusion into a PARADISE ILLUSION, so let's USE that power.

Because God knows the decisions humans will make doesn't mean he himself made those decisions. You're an idiot.

>It was common place to...
>Did everyone...
No, based on how you asked the question.

>Humans existed and participated (still do) in all of those activities for a long time
Some people are evil, that doesn't mean other people can't be virtuous and work towards a high moral standard.

As for ethics in war, I'm assuming that the 10 commandments are specifically ordered for a reason.

>f even one person raises his or her level of consciousness, it has a ripple effect that benefits EVERYONE ELSE, even if they don't believe any of this stuff - and this is because 'reality' itself is HOLOGRAPHIC in nature.
wat

>NOTHING is impossible in a universe that is ILLUSORY to begin with.
Good luck breaking the laws of physics any time soon user, illusion or not

I don't think anyone believes they could understand God, all thought their are arguments for him making man in his image and what not, but I wont get into that.

First is that the story of creation is obviously false. The Universe obviously has evidence of natural interactions (useless body parts, evolution, natural phenonemon that takes millions of years to happen such as oil). Why would God make any of these? Why is not spoken about in the Bible? God made the universe, waited 14B years and then made man from the a pre-existing species? Shouldn't that be the creation story?

Second is that there is a Neutral point everyone should start off on. Have no faith, be completely agnostic to everything. Then from there, allow yourself to be pulled into any direction you want, if there is a God that wants you in his flock then he will give you the necessary signs to show you that he is there as the Bible states.

Lastly, how come every group of people have not come up with the idea of the Abrahamic God. Not talking about religion and spirituality in general, but the Christian God and his rules.

Consider facts like 2+2=4. No matter what happens, if all humans in the world were erased and we had to start over again, we could always return to this conclusion. That 2+2=4.

However if you were to do the same with religion it would never work like that. Never would we have the Christian God again exactly as he is now. You can see this from 100s of faiths that aren't anything a like to the abrahamic faiths.

If God was truth then all men, independent of each other could reach the conclusion of his existence but they haven't and that is proof enough

There are no laws, only habits.

that pic should be the motto of Cred Forums

But there's a difference between a person with that knowledge and creator of the universe with it.
God knows every possible permutation of the world and the effect it would have on every human being.
No matter how he made the world, under the infinite possible ways he could have done it, he understands that the decisions they make will be determined by it.
He made the world in this way, and therefore crafted out decisions and lives this way.

Implying he's omniscient.

Then breaking any of the laws of physics should be easy then. Go ahead. Fart your way to the moon. I'll wait. Should be easy to break any laws of physics that might get in your way, they are only habits after all.

Ok Pajet, go to sleep.

Yeah this is what christfags say, I'm going to hell for not believing in god. Well god is omnipresent and omnipotent. Everything in this universe is decided and has a predetermined path as chosen by god. He knew every experience and thought I would have in my life, he knew I was not going to believe in him, billions of years before his creation, he had already decided that I along with millions of others were going to burn in hell for eternity. Does this really make sense?

In the ancient Sanskrit language of India, the word 'siddhi' means 'perfection'. In its most common usage, the word 'siddhi' refers to an ability that is a natural and inherent faculty of our true identities as eternally alive souls. The soul is smaller than an atom and larger than the universe. The soul is infinitely small and infinitely large. The soul is ALL-PERFECT AND EVER-PERFECT. The soul is the storehouse of ALL ENERGY, ALL POWER AND ALL STRENGTH. The soul is PURE CONSCIOUSNESS. The soul possesses ALL siddhis and there are an INFINITE number of siddhis. Among all of these siddhis, there are considered to be eight major siddhis. Siddhis can be awakened through a variety of methods. In Patanjali's Yoga Sutras IV.1, it is stated:

"Siddhis may be attained through birth, the use of herbs, incantations, self-discipline or samadhi."

Here is a list of the eight major siddhis (in no particular order):

Laghima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as light as you want.

Garima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as heavy as you want.

Mahima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as large as you want.

Anima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as small as you want.

Prapti siddhi: Having unrestricted access to any and/or all places.

Prakamya siddhi: Fulfillment of whatever you desire.

Isitva siddhi: Control over any and/or all of the laws of nature.

Vasitva siddhi: Being able to control any and/or all beings.

"A man is a god in ruins. When men are innocent, life shall be longer, and shall pass into the immortal, as gently as we awake from dreams." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

No.

If God has any power I don't think you will approve of how he uses it.

>The soul is larger than the universe.

Yet ours have us engage in an Mongolian underwater basket weaving charity.

cool.

So have you left yet? Maybe eat a tin or two of baked beans to make it easy on yourself.

Allowing you to make the wrong decision isn't the same as making you do it. You had a choice even if he knew you would choose wrong.

I'm not going to prove anything to you. I'm not here to prove anything to anyone, I'm just here to post my beliefs. I might be right, I might be wrong, it doesn't bother me either way. kek

Martin Luther > Quotes

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things, but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.”

As a German you should know...

You're ignoring the fact the god is the one who created him and the decision in the first place, and everything that has influenced and shaped his decision-making, be it environmental influences or biological propensities. All with foresight.

Free will cannot exist in any conventional sense under this god.

You say the laws of physics can be broken any time because reality is an illusion. You just don't feel like it.

Got it

Why do muslims believe that eating feces and fucking children is acceptable ?

What God would you morally approve of?

Do it faggot. Hard mode: record proof.

he leaves out the details as to why, the pitfalls of logical thinking, which an intelligent person can weild as a weapon against atheists so sharp it will cut their arguments like butter, but one has to be very good first to be able to do so
very good

Eating feces is good for you user

I don't think they actually like eating feces, they probably hoped that they could change Indian culture when they initially began their incursions.

This Like he says, every determining factor from birth to present that influenced my so called 'free will' was predetermined by god himself. So how 'free' are we really if this is true?

Honestly I don't feel like this debate has a way out. No matter what proof there is of free will you will find it inadequate.

So is free will desirable given that poor choices will be made?

If not then what is?

>You say the laws of physics can be broken any time because reality is an illusion.

I say that there are ways to do anything, but that the overwhelmingly vast majority of humans know not what these ways are (including me) - which is a PROFOUNDLY GOOD THING since most humans would abuse their newfound power and the world would be in an even worse state than it is today.

>You just don't feel like it.

Actually, yes, I don't feel like it. I'm quite happy with my life the way it is.

>Got it

Good. :)

Give back land to its rightful owners, the African Americans.

>What God would you morally approve of?
None.

To add I don't believe in free will in the absence of god either. But it is even more ridiculous to say we have it under a thiestic world view.

human imagination is different than human knowledge

Or...

And I'm just spitballing here...

Humans are fallable and none of their perceptions of logic and reality can be taken as fact because no human has ever had the authority to dictate the facts of universe. Even the concept of fact and falsehood is a manmade principle. Who are we to say one plus one is two when absolutely nobody who has ever lived has ever been in the position of omnipotence necessary to create "one" or "two" or even "plus".

Human intelligence is an improv class. The first thinker said some bullshit he had no business saying. The second thinker said, "Yes, and". The third thinker said, "yes, and". The fourth thinker said "yes, and." The fifth thinker said "yes, but", got fired and started hid own improv class. The sixth thinker goes to both classes and say "yes, and". But where did it start?

At some point you have to wonder if the wheel is the greatest invention of all time or is it simply the second best? Is the second best good enough to captivate us and commandeer our enture perception of "geometry" so that we are instinctively unable to or even afraid to perceive the true greatest invention?

>Who are we to say one plus one is two when absolutely nobody who has ever lived has ever been in the position of omnipotence necessary to create "one" or "two" or even "plus".
But we can all observe that 1, 2 and plus are all emergent properties of logic and reality.

Free will is another argument that ends with nothing. Nothing can ever convince someone that it is real or not. All evidence can be employed by either side to equal effect.

You seem to be completely ignoring what we're saying and have a very misconstrued meaning of free will. I completely believe we as humans have free will, but under the god model we simply cannot.

You wouldn't say sims characters have free will would you?

>Humans can determine whether there is an omiscient, benevolent deity exists.
Why do theists believe this?

Please stop shitposting with a proxy of my country, thanks. I know it's you, canada/aus. So please stop dirtying our name.

Kek. Why do religious people believe thi?

I think the world could be exactly the same with or without a God. That's why we debate about his existence, but neither side can really prove anything. Both answers are possible.

In regard to Sims free will, I could argue that the NPCs have a measure of free will. They behave in predictable ways, but with the proper software they could really have the power to make their own decisions.

Robots already exist that improve production lines without human interaction or approval. In effect they have a measure of freedom too.

Says who?

I submit to you that singular entity is pristine and unique and beautiful. When you produce an exact replica you tarnish the value of the no-longer-singular entity. It loses its divinity, so to speak.

Believing that, I can only conclude that two is the lesser number and one is the greater number. There is no number greater than one, zero is not a number. If there are no apples there is no number to speak of. The only reason we count "up" is for the convenience of the human mind. We need a starting number in order to rationalize our primitive ideas of logic. If we can't see a clear starting number than we have no idea what number to start counting with.

That is a failure of humanity, not of the universe. In our solar system there is only one star and we gave it a name and many claimed it a God. We see that one singular entity as the center of our solar system. One is the holiest and greatest number. The fact that we treat one as lesser than two is blasphemy. That is why many humans cannot live in solitude, because our limited perception sees one as lowest of the low. We are primitive and we fear the inconvenient observable truth of the universe because it disproves our notions of logic and undermines our achievements as a species.

One plus one is impossible.

One minus one id two.

Sorry about these typos but my does a weird glitch every other time I use backspace and I just cannot fix everything.

Whose to say that isn't the correct spelling anyhow? You aren't God. What we type isn't remotely close to English as it was originally conceived anyhow.

>God does all the retarded shit in the Bible
>"he's just so far beyond us that you can't understand it!"

You really do lack the wisdom to understand it though. What's your point?

because it's all powerful and all good and it made the universe and us and our minds and us understanding it well enough to know it exists at least would be according to what people like you insist it "good" and it's all powerful and all good and responsible fore setting up everything.

The point being there is a massive disconnect between the God of apparently unknowable amazingness that's being claimed, and the one described in the scripture it's being sourced from. It's like treating Hitler as a Super Saiyan after reading Mein Kampf.

Yes but a Sim running on auto mode and going to the toilet, or going to sleep is not of free will.. they have hard coded hunger levels and drain rates, these actions along with all others are of course predetermined. Free will isn't the choice to turn left or to turn right, it's the ability to deny logic and instinct, something which animals and computers cannot replicate (not yet at least).

What's the point of telling us about two hot daughters fucking their father in order to carry his seed?

That sounds like lowest common denominator "get thee to a nunnery" type of enticement in order to draw in gullible horny masses of olden days.

"I don't know, King. This book is pretty boring so far."

"Keep reading. It gets way hotter in a couple pages."

?

>God creates humans
>Wires their logic to view him as a dick or unreal
>Sends them to Hell
Douchebag

Implying that there is a omnishit being.

>Says who?
Says everyone. Anyone can demonstrate and prove the nature of numbers to themselves and others.

If you think 1 is greater than 2, then if you had a basket of 2 apples and I took one out of it, the basket should get heavier because it now has 1 apple in it, and 1 is bigger than 2. of course that doesn't happen, everyone has the same experience. That's why math is kinda popular.

You seem to be claiming the same, tho.

If you cant comprehend a deity, how do you know it isnt a demon or false god?

>It's like treating Hitler as a Super Saiyan after reading Mein Kampf.
That wasn't the best example to use desu.

>That sounds like lowest common denominator "get thee to a nunnery" type of enticement
I'd say the point is to show how desperate and degrading those times were - also showing a sense of priorities: Sodom and Gomorrah dun goofed.

Both are genocidal, so it seems pretty apt to me.

Having to shit doesn't invalidate free will. Life has challenges implicitly. You can approach them differently though. Take shitting: you can hold it in, poo in loo, or shit in your neighbor's garden.

>Human knowledge is extremely flawed and easy to manipulate, and ambitious power-hungry men have been telling stories that play off of insecurity and existential anxiety as a way to keep control throughout history
ftfy famalampai

Source of image?

Neon Genesis: Evangelion

ie: my favourite thing ever made

Maybe you'll experience a war in 30-50 years and understand then. It's hard to imagine justification for genocide until things hit a terrible extreme, and we're still in great peace times for now.

filename.jpg

God is omncient = we dont have free will since he knows everything that will happen and even since he allows people to be doomed.

God is omnipresent = everything is god because 2 things can occupy the same place at once so we and the rocks are god

There is only 1 god (who says so and why is it the christian one?)

All the other claims like these are all abstract and mostly likely are bullshit

It's called evolution cocksucker

>he does and your mind explodes

Top kek

An... emu war, perhaps?