Is this the crowning achievement of humanity?

Is this the crowning achievement of humanity?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/07/photogalleries/apollo-moon-landing-hoax-pictures/photo8.html
google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiKjvWApZrPAhVT32MKHe2gAikQFggeMAA&url=https://collapseofindustrialcivilization.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/ferroni-y-hopkirk-2016-energy-return-on-energy-invested-eroei-for-photo.pdf&usg=AFQjCNGdeJegShQl6uwR7xcM5FSSVa083w&sig2=aZQDGfwRqZLTc0GHUG9mhg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In the realm of exploration, yes.

yes, nothing else compares to sending men to the moon and bring them back all within 65 years of learning to fly.

Yes, and even better it was down with Imperial units, no metric was needed.

No. Our crowning achievement is letting men piss in the women's bathroom

WHO TOOK THE PICTURE?!?!

it's hard to think of something more emblematic, but a few things compete; dna sequencing? i mean, it's the most romantic example for sure

Sadly, yes the crowning achievement of humanity happened 47 fucking years ago

I don't want to live on this planet anymore in all senses

No because it's fake.

Maybe, it was groundbreaking for the special effects industry.

do you think the earth is flat too? is the sun real?

It will be unless we can get off our sorry asses and get back into space. We're slowly killing ourselves on this planet with our contagious retardation of intelligence, senpai.

All twilight theatre to closeout the Kennedy assassination. Man will only leave LEO on a long term suicide mission.

I wouldn't call it THE most crowning achievement, but in terms of science and exploration, most possibly.

>amerifats think the moon landings were real

No, antibiotics is

Yes. You're welcome.

Also, our generation isn't as mesmerized by the moon as every other group of people in human history.

I'm reading Jules Verne, "From the Earth To The Moon" and about read it's sequel. One thing he showed was how at the time, if someone came up with idea of getting to the moon, everyone on the planet, but especially the industrious and scientifically minded civilizations would of all supported it wholeheartedly.

It was something Man only dreamed about, but wanted to know. They wanted to know what was up there and what was possible. It represented a dream in our society dating further back than just the space programs inception. And we did it more than once, we did it several times. To the point where public actually got bored with it.

And now the public discredits and says it didn't even happen. Slapping Man's ambition in the face for self-aggrandizing conspiracy theories. Because that makes Man refuse to believe in himself and be proud of himself.

>do you think the earth is flat too?
idk you tell me

Creating the matrix was the crowning achievement of human existance.

Wait til we build our first Warp 5 engine, Trip.

>Is this the crowning achievement of humanity?

Making people believe in that hoax? It would be, if there weren't so many other lies and hoaxes, like USS Maine, Lusitania, Pearl Harbor, USS Liberty, Gulf of Tonkin, 911, on and on.

Same people that get away with it, do it again. Surprised?

Kek. I like Kubrik and everything but I dont think his films are the "crowning achievement of humanity" m8.

Where is the shadow of the flag?

>Because that makes Man refuse to believe in himself and be proud of himself.
no its because it was very important to beat those fucking russian in the space war

The camera placed on the landers leg.

Fake and gay

The poor positioning of the stage lighting, obscures the flags shadow a bit. All those diverging shadows.

Space travel deniers need to be gassed. seriously.

Behind a mound, you can see bits of it.

1. the www
2. the space station
3. dolly cloning
4. cern lhc
5. the british empire

in that order,
the moon landing doesnt figure

even the panama canal is a bigger achievement

It's an impressive film set but I wouldn't consider it a great achievement.

Too bad we gave it up to import and pay for more shitskins to degrade the gene pool and ensure the end of humanity's technological future.

And those Russians who lost are the ones who probably spread this bullshit that it never happened. How about THAT for a conspiracy theory?

None of you other nations could come close to what we've accomplished and this makes you feel inferior, small and bitterly jealous.

Because when you see the full might of the moon shining in the night sky, you see THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. We OWN the moon. It's ours.It's a part of us. With our flag still sitting on top of it, it's stars shining brightly among the rest of the Milky Way.

Our reach as Nation extends beyond your simple borders and has gone to a place you're not even capable of dreaming of. So you bemoan, you criticize. You scream it isn't real! But there is but one truth and those who deny it only end up as puppets and by denying the moon landing you end up the useful, idiotic puppet of the evil forces who want to steer our world towards the exploitable mediocrity.

When you sleep at night know this -- It's the United States that hovers above you. It's the United States that took humanities first step into the stars and it's first taste of naturalist freedom beyond home world.

Low orbit yes, man on the moon, no.

This, also nuclear fission currently until nuclear fusion happens.

exploration wise? Sure, until we explore our oceans.

this

We need to go further.

Where do you think geostationary satellites are?

n-n-n-no! it's just the gravitational gravity waves caused by the pull of the astronaut's gravitation field that caused the flag to wave! they're not on a film stage you conspiratard!!!

No

As president Eisenhower once said, every ship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

No, getting media outlets to seriously discuss smug cartoon frogs is

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/07/photogalleries/apollo-moon-landing-hoax-pictures/photo8.html

You're probably thinking of the ladder pic, this one I am pretty sure was taken by another astronaut.

What? The picture taken at a disney studio under the supervision of stanley kubric?
Nah

I've seen bigfoot footage that was clear than that blurry shit smear.

isnt it just lingering vibrations from the rigid flagpost

The stage was 230 meters in diameter @ 36 centimeter thickness. Lunar regolith was crushed silver mine tailings and spun cornstarch. All under DOE not NASA who were all alcoholics. We have all the b-roll.

Thats not how it would move in air. Without air there isn't resistence so residual movement from the flag being placed/touched carries on longer than if there was air to push against.

though i agree that conspiracy theories about moon landing are made by bitter peeps, no country is allowed to claim ownership of the moon, or extraterrestrial space for that matter

Front screen projection

You are quite dimwitted. We have everything.

Nope. It's the invention of the hockey mask.

You mean convincing so many people that we went to the moon? No, but it's probably top 10 for proving the effectiveness of propaganda techniques which are now universal and control most of the world's minds.

Possibly.. It's all going downhill from there..

>a fucking leaf
Is it our collective job to slave away for those would not provide for themselves?

God helps those who help themselves. Why should I do any different.

The lowest tax bracket pays 41% combined tax (all purchases etc) as researched by the Fraser institute. It is crippling our country and preventing anyone who wants to work an opportunity.

Gas yourself.

>knowledge of kinematics
>dimwitted
It's time to quit posting turk

Shut your commie mouth, America is eternally #1

It was pretty neat for a bunch of monkeys, but not exactly a crowning achievement of civilisation.

>is the sun real

It's real, but it's not what you think it is.

All of the major features were FP using retroreflective coatings. This is why parallax distortion abounds...the forced visual cues imply great distance but that distance is only as far as the projection plane....always < 230 meters.

You ain't got shit.

Hmm nice logic because I'm pretty sure that if those missiles were not fired people would have even less to be fed with in the end of the day.

which kerbal space program mod is this

We have all of your b-roll. We know how everything was done. Now fuck off back to public school air pushing residual retard.

Honestly calling out hoaxes is the most fun on Cred Forums because this place is infested with govt shills.

Anyone in this thread who is saying the moon landing is real is a paid shill

DUDE
>multiple light sources do not result in diverging angles on separate objects, multiple light sources result in multiple shadows per object.
You can literally figure this out in your own house.

>a private company can build this but can't build roads in a libertarian society

You know (((who))).

>yfw the white race and the American dream will live on in space

feels good man

>leafs want to feed scrap metal to the starving and burn the cold people alive with rocket fuel
pretty edgy man

The high water mark of Western civilization.

Our only hope is that one day, many years from now, the descendants of those who picked up the pieces, rebuilt, and in time surpass us as we surpassed those who came before, will find the relics of our lunar explorations. Preserved and timeless on the moons surface, they will stand as an untouchable legacy.

May they one day help our successors learn who we were and what we accomplished. May they learn the lessons of our destruction and avoid them in turn.

37A buttboi detekted.

Wont happen because of global warming and you have built nothing really.
We have done more to the World than you for inventing the plane.

The deal's more about a functional network of roads. A private company can build *a* road, but you can't exactly build a national network of roads with agreed standards in construction, materials, techniques, clearances, etc. with hundreds of small actor companies.

basically, it's not about paving your driveways and a culdesac, the roads argument against anarcho-libertarianism is about national coordination.

a rocket is 'just' a rocket, and it launches and lands on the pads defined for it by the same company. that's the issue there, there's no need for massive inter-company cooperation in building a rocket as there is in making a national road system.

>1. the www
>2. the space station
>3. dolly cloning
>4. cern lhc
>5. the british empire

All of those exist because of america
>tfw

So far, yes.

Soon it will be a nostalgic memory as we reach greater things.

>hurr imma film analyst expert i got ur film
Thousands of engineers and scientists are keeping up a continual lie you retarded turk.
Is it inconceivable that an ICBM with a flight computer that can land a nuke in Moscow all the way across the globe can be pointed upward and navigated toward a not far away celestial body?

I agree with the sentiment. I'm convinced the "conspiracy" is the not that we went and lied, but the deniers were being directed by the enemies of the US to discredit it.

And it worked. American's have proven they're gullible, not because they believe what they happened live in front of their own eyes but because of sensational, emotionally driven Youtube videos can dissuade them of anything.

Kubrick

Tfw you think that America caused the British empire, when the British empire existed before America was even colonised.
American "education" is really doing its job.

Absolutely it is

Jesus Christ. 65 years? That is an immensely fast rate of advancement and it's all exponential from here on out. Think of the shit we'll see in the next 65.

well, the first 'space station' in the sense of slapping shit together in orbit was mir, and that was put together by the russkies, and the current space station was basically our response to mir tacked onto their idea for mir's successor.

still, white people did that, so still happy.

The internet is the greatest invention in the history of mankind.

Round Two is one the way.

Make us feel proud.

>Is this the crowning achievement of humanity?
No, That would be diversity

The biggest redpill to Americans is this:

Moon landing is fake.

WE won't be seeing anything, roach larva.

You'll be long gone and dust.

If you're an idiot, yes.

Apollo was an expensive wartime project to weaponize the orbit of the moon.

Petrochemicals are the crowning achievement of humanity because they both made the modern world and will be the source of its downfall.

Yes but the dream died after we touched the moon

For some reason nobody cares anymore

Manifest Destiny is dead

Hi shills explain these things for me

>why haven't we (humans) been back to the moon (or anywhere near it)?

>how did we pass the van Allen belt successfully?

>how was the fuel stored to arrive back at Earth?

>how was the video and photos from the moon (like the lunar module taking off) sent back to Earth?

>why aren't the moon rocks brought back from the moon actually moon rocks? (They were tested and failed)

Never fucking happened

>Moon landing is fake.
>redpill

It doesn't even begin to be a redpill. Whether we landed on the moon or not has no effect on anything.

no no no don't ask those questions!!

if i scream flat earther enough you'll stop asking those questions!!

Set up two lights in your house both pointed at you and count how many shadows it makes.

i'll wait.

It will be remembered as the peak of our civilization, like the building of the Great Pyramids was for Ancient Egypt or the Parthenon was for Greece. Everything is downhill from here.

>Whether we landed on the moon or not has no effect on anything.

Imagine the chaos if US government and NASA admitted they faked it, or if someone found firm evidence. It would have humongous effect.

Nobody cared then. It wasn't about the moon, it was about the russians.

Remember, Apollo 13's broadcasts weren't broadcast, because baseball was more important.

Only when something went wrong did people care for a few days.

>why haven't we (humans) been back to the moon (or anywhere near it)?
Because the purpose of the apollo missions was to develop technology and experience to be used for putting weapons platforms in the moon's orbit so that they could rain down destruction upon the earth. Ironically, nasa shot itself in the foot by making ICBM's better and better with the same tech. Now that we have those for war, using the moon is terribly inefficient.

>how did we pass the van Allen belt successfully?
They went through them incredibly fast at their thinnest point, which limited the exposure.

>how was the fuel stored to arrive back at Earth?
In a tank?

>how was the video and photos from the moon (like the lunar module taking off) sent back to Earth?

Radio transmitter, with a guy at NASA who had practiced the maneuver. He knew had a countdown and had to move the camera remotely at just the right moment to catch the LEM module ascending.

>why aren't the moon rocks brought back from the moon actually moon rocks? (They were tested and failed)
Nobody's perfect / Source?

1) Nixon, followed by years of NASA getting shoved around as a political pingpong ball. The shuttle was a fucking mistake.

2) The trajectory was very fast, and was inclined to avoid the bulk of the van allen belt, just grazing the top and bottom on the way to and back.

3) Rocket equation, read it. The Saturn V was so big because it had to push itself up and then the payload on top of it. The more of it that's just rocket, and the less that is payload, the more change in velocity you can get out of something. Because of that, and the low gravity around the moon, it takes a lot less fuel for a small spacecraft to come back from the moon to earth, than it takes to send a bigass rocket to a few thousand feet up, which sends a smaller rocket a few more thousand feet up, which puts a smaller still rocket in low earth orbit, which then puts the spacecraft and the lander in a trajectory to the moon.

Basically, it had to carry all the fuel it needed for the trip. That's also why the lunar lander didn't have seats and discarded all of the landing parts when it launched, because anything it didn't strictly need was mass that could be better used in rocket fuel or mass reduction.

4) Anything video was radioed back. You know, the same way a television gets signals over the air? They used a special snowflake 10FPS B&W camera at first, then a 30FPS color* NTSC camera later. (it was a B&W tube, but with a color wheel spinning in front of it)

All the stills were in film cartridges that were returned to earth as well as the regolith/rock samples.

5) ??? Never heard about that.

2D waifus

jealous, leaf?

If the USA faked it why did russia agree that it happened?

Because russia knows how radios work. And russia knows that a signal from the moon has a unique attenuation that cannot be faked. It had to have come from the moon, or an equivalent distance. If it had been relayed, there would be further degradation.

A radio signal from the moon cannot be made by anything other than something on the moon.

Fucking get out of here japan

Do you want another one?

Jealous of what. Your schizophrænia?

No, that would be the Hadron Collider.

If you disagree you're wrong

The crowning lie. No man stepped on the moon.

Because they're both zog you fucking moron. Yeah it can be made. By liars like you. Or by demons you defend by lying

>the chaos

There wouldn't be any chaos. People would be like "oh, i guess they just lied about it to win the cold war".

And other countries would say "we already knew that, stupid americans"

Just highschool politics. Nothing would come of it whatsoever.

Hi ganesha

>detects something we already knew existed.
>detects nothing unpredicted
>just shits phd kids with no other place they can apply that phd except other supercolliders

Hey it killed that nonsense String theory but that's not really a crowing achievement.

what's a zog? some canadian thing?

HOW DARE YOU IMPLY THE GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT OF MANKIND IS NOT SUPER MARIO BROTHERS!!!!!!

What's an intelligent American? A nonexistent thing? What the fuck is google? Some kind of boomer thing?

the solar jew?

>no humidity
>very low gravity
>definite footprints

>no wind
>flag

>it_was_real_in_my_mind.jpg

I'm not going to waste time on bullshit. You can either tell me or not.

And you can fuck right off back to tumblr

Reversing the Chicago river took longer than the Panama Canal and moved 5x as much earth, and did it decades earlier

Solar power is a net loss on latitudes above or below the equator.

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiKjvWApZrPAhVT32MKHe2gAikQFggeMAA&url=https://collapseofindustrialcivilization.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/ferroni-y-hopkirk-2016-energy-return-on-energy-invested-eroei-for-photo.pdf&usg=AFQjCNGdeJegShQl6uwR7xcM5FSSVa083w&sig2=aZQDGfwRqZLTc0GHUG9mhg

It's a pdf.

>no country is allowed to claim ownership of the moon, or extraterrestrial space for that matter
Says who? I bet the poorer countries in the 1500's were saying the same thing about the Americas when the Spanish, British, French and Portuguese went and conquered the injun xenos.

Wow you were handed your standard narrative just yesterday, weren't you?

i think you're dumb

the pictures were taken with a WIDE LENSE.... these pictures are just flattened and it makes it look weird. it's an optical illusion

kys

It's a crowning achievement for cinematography, certainly.

>what is soil cohesion in a low gravity environment

i know there's only baked dirt, sand, shitty weed, and soggy potato chips in your country, but come on, pedro.

Who would the world believe, US in full strenght culturally, with huge propaganda and Hollywood, or the Soviets who would just say "filthy capitalists are lying" without evidence? They lost a propaganda war.

>gravity is the only force responsible for footprints
>flag literally held up by wires
Why the fuck would there be wind inside the studio, moron?

"without evidence"
bro, the red scare was bullshit, but the soviets actually did have spies all over the government.

"We did not receive any signals from the moon, despite having our dishes pointed at it. We invite scientists to look at our data."

>when you realize the American flag has been bleached white and destroyed by the rays of space in the same way America is being bleached and destroyed by liberalism and degeneracy

Really fires up those neurons...

Can you stop being snakes and animals and potatoes? Kthxbai

I need to stop reading leafposts

holy fuck mind blown. moon landing = fake

Let's face it, this was a leaf post.

So far. I don't think we, the US, will go out there again. Obama canceled all manned space flight. Doubled our debt and we're broke.

Maybe the Chinese can build on what we've done.

>moon has no atmosphere
>flag appears to be waving

if they were going to fake this, they could've at least ironed the flag.

So then what the fuck is it?

To my understanding it was just a giant fucking self sustaining fusion reaction.

Care to elaborate?