An eighth grader at a Detroit charter school was put in the awkward position of having to teach math to seventh and...

>An eighth grader at a Detroit charter school was put in the awkward position of having to teach math to seventh and eighth graders when the actual teacher left in frustration over class size and lack of support, according to a lawsuit filed in federal court Tuesday.
>Although the school made a few unsucessful attempts to find a replacement for the math teacher who resigned, the "highest performing" eighth-grade student ultimately took over teaching duties for a month, the suit alleges.
>Students are also imperiled by "extreme classroom temperatures" which exceed 90 degrees on a regular basis due to "malfunctioning" furnaces. Mice, cockroaches, and other vermin regularly wreak havoc in the classrooms.
>the playground slide "has jagged edges, causing students to tear their clothing and gash their skin," according to the lawsuit. In addition, students frequently find bullets, used condoms, sex toys, and dead vermin around the playground equipment.
>The lawsuit also details how teacher shortages lead to classes being covered by "non-certified paraprofessionals, substitutes, or misassigned teachers who lack any expertise or knowledge in the subject-matter of the course."

>heraldnews.com/zz/shareable/20160916/8th-grader-had-to-teach-math-class-for-month-because-detroit-schools-were-so-understaffed-lawsuit-alleges-video
>nydailynews.com/news/national/lawsuit-alleges-eighth-grader-taught-math-class-detroit-article-1.2795314

Takes me back to my public school days

Other urls found in this thread:

bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2013/11/19/quin-etnyre-13-year-old-teache-mit-graduates/
youtube.com/watch?v=4xypiZ-hqdY
youtube.com/watch?v=G26H-UtDb6M
youtube.com/watch?v=zti_508FRrE
youtube.com/watch?v=9dBbZFXr05U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Honestly kids teaching classes is not bad at all. They usually do better job of it than the professionals. Otta pay the kids to do to too. It all comes out of the same books anyhow.

This little faggot teaches MIT classes.

bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2013/11/19/quin-etnyre-13-year-old-teache-mit-graduates/

teacher certification in this country is an anti-qualification. Schools of Education fill your head with new-age academic wankery instead of giving you practical advice on how to run a classroom.

anyway most inner-city kids don't give half a shit, their parents don't give half a shit, and no teacher can make kids like that into anything more than gangbangers. Ship Detroit kids off to another city at age 18 and give them an eighth-grade level exam. If they flunk, shoot them. It'd be easier, simpler, and cheaper.

Average of $11,000 per student across the US.

This, desu. Finished up classes and did my student teaching in 2008 and can confirm. I never really got comfortably with it and work in information systems now.

And black parents at urban schools don't give a FUCK. They use the older kids to babysit the younger ones and grandchildren and have no involvement at all.

How the fuck are we doing that poorly with that much money? It is literally criminal.

This is what happens when you have niggers in charge of everything. Never learn, liberals.

Much of it goes to administrative positions and pension funds. As for the "poorly" part, the answer is brown people. Either way we need to pull the plug on public education.

Probably still better than being at home with their nigger single mom

As a Michigander I can confirm this is fake, there are no students actually attending classes in Detroit.

Honestly yeah it's the administrative costs. I have no idea why the superintendent of a failing district draws nearly the same salary as the governor.

I wouldn't say it's all brown/black people either. Nice suburban public schools fail in a totally different way by offering a classic "well rounded" university type education instead of teaching more life skills and getting students ready for their careers.

What if we made education optional and mandatory and let the free market work itself out?

I haven't been watching the local news. Is DPS shut down again?

optional instead of mandatory*

SOCIALIZED FOOTBALL!

Kinda liked the John Oliver takedown of this. I enjoy him when he's not in current year/drumpf mode.

Why the fuck are football coaches making that amount of money

Our school coaches here just make a normal teacher's salary like everyone else

>there are parents in the year 2016 that send their children to federal school

That is for universities and colleges you fool.
See me after class
But in all honesty, teachers get paid shit, the schools get jack shit in the way of infrastructure, and yet we have one of the highest spending per student in the world.
WHERE IS THE FUCKING MONEY GOING

>>the playground slide "has jagged edges, causing students to tear their clothing and gash their skin,"
Yeah right, nigga.

Kids fight in schools, especially nogs.

Teacher's Union. They're the largest Democrat union and they block any attempts to reform the school system for fear that it'll disrupt their stranglehold. A teacher who works hard will not get a raise or recognition, a teacher who does a shitty job will not be fired or removed for incompetence. On a long enough timeline, everyone quits giving a shit.

It's American football. We need to pay them big bucks to convince players to slowly kill themselves game after game until they have no brain function left.

Teachers make good money on average. It just happens to be very regional. Those in inner cities and rural areas make much less because school funding is largely comprised of property tax.

Yea, I had this happen in my shitty inner city school system twice.
8th grade Geometry teacher resigned and we had a sub for the next 5 months of the year.
9th grade Algebra 2 teacher got in a car accident at the beginning of the year and we spent literally the entire year of her class with a revolving door of subs.
Not surprised though, I wouldn't want to teach in an inner-city shithole either, unless they paid me REALLY well.

I would rather go to a public school than a typical urban catholic school. The kids there are even douchier.

football is big business not like your poverty kickball

now that you mention It I encountered something like this once.
>female Art teacher in HS
>she was either out sick or just out right skipping work without telling anyone multiple times a week
>all year long
>wasn't uncommon to walk into class and she was either leaving out the backdoor with her shit halfway through the day or for her to just be gone
>didn't give a fuck what work we did our tests were to draw a fucking sphere
>2 months left in the school year before summer
>she quits for "her health"
>other art teacher had to take over duties for the class
>had a rage inducing shit shattering fuss when she found out what the other art teacher was doing for out work
>come to find out said teacher had a serious meth addiction and needed more multiple times a day

Ended up teaching a couple of blacks how to draw among other shenanigans from that class

Check out this documentary on Detroit schools:

The culprit turns out to be corrupt nigs stealing all the school funding.

This, the amount of useless bureaucrats in the American school system is unbelievable. That and seniority based pay, for every 30 year old teacher actually teacher there are a dozen 60+ fuckers who don't give a shit and just ride out the clock every day. Also teaching classes of brown kids without the ability to discipline or remove problem students is an exercise in futility.
The teacher's union is a cancer, Rahm Emmanuel tried to get them to extend the school day, (it ended at 1:30) despite being a huge Dem insider and a personal friend of Obama he couldn't get jack shit done.

Pic related is the head of the teacher's union in Chicago, just by looking at this picture I'm sure most people can guess how she reacts to things like "work" or "education."

What the fuck?

Alright "The Onion", do your thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=G26H-UtDb6M

"Administrative Costs"

No I will never be a teacher ever because I know I will eventually fall in love with a student girl. And sooner than not, I would be in a worse position than i am now.
>High risk, too much work, little reward

Wasn't uncommon where I went to school. My buddy and I taught a computer class because the teacher was basically 100% ignorant and just said that we knew more than he did and should lead the class, he was just kind of there as a supervisor and we had guaranteed As.

goddamn that pic makes me mad

>how are they going to get any money when the city has no money

What the actual fuck?

Because we don't make our sportsmen get degrees before we let them on tv. No televised university sports = no millionaire university coaches.

It's easy to forget how weird American culture is when the media saturation normalises it.

Just like flint, democrats will somehow blame it on republicans.

This was the Detroit school board president:

Detroit is an African city, from top to bottom.

youtube.com/watch?v=9dBbZFXr05U

If Detroit isn't enough to show blacks belong in the jungle (#notall), then you're beyond delusional.

Fucking sooks.

Libertarian paradise.

It's seriously like a third world country or some shit. I'm disgusted that kids have to learn in a place like that.

Don't worry, they're niggers.

I just want kids to get a proper education.

Then society has to deal with more braindead assholes running around.

How much money does athletics bring in to the school though? And how much money does a grad student bring in?

The theory is something like:
>git gud at handegg
>everyone hears your university exists
>more students go there and more money flows in

Like spending more on advertising than product development, it's one of those things in life that works way more than it deserves to. I'd say the blame is about a 60/40 split between universities spending the money and fans obsessing over sports too much. It's not the only vice in the world, but it's pretty retarded compared to a lot of them.

And all these posts are jewish.
(((coincidence)))

Catholic school is dog shit

this is for coaches at major universities. Very few coaches make this much. High school coaches are paid like regular teachers.

>Why the fuck are football coaches making that amount of money

Supply and demand. People here love college football, and there aren't many men who can coach at the necessary level.

Oh wow it's nothing. I had a kid teach me how an Arduino worked. And that's a misleading headline. He is teaching MIT graduates in a volunteer class. Pretty much just a demo.

Maybe. Or it will allow those that are interested in learning to excel due to lack of distracting students that don't even want to be there.

>playground equipment
>jagged edges
>still being used
Why are kids so retarded?

Also
>detroit

WAGE GAP IS REAL THIS CHART PROVES
ACCEPT FEMINISM
WHITE MALE SCUM

>>Schools of Education fill your head with new-age academic wankery instead of giving you practical advice on how to run a classroom.

the more one investigates, the more evidence there is to support this.

Athletes don't bring in a tenth of what we spend on them. Seriously.

America is 3rd world

>I wonder why teachers don't want to endanger themselves everyday by traveling to the inner city and dealing with the "youths"

Really makes you think

Can we just burn Detroit down and be done with it?

Are there any non-zoo areas in murka?

Yes but they're full