Trump doesn't use Oxford commas. Why is he so stupid, disgusting, and deplorable?

Trump doesn't use Oxford commas. Why is he so stupid, disgusting, and deplorable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pZxZvfohM4I
theguardian.com/commentisfree/video/2016/apr/20/grammar-snobs-are-patronising-pretentious-and-just-plain-wrong-video
breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/09/17/trump-hillary-clinton-first-presidential-candidate-proposing-to-abolish-u-s-borders/
zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-17/why-dont-they-trust-her-look-one-hillary-clintons-first-ever-scandals
youtube.com/watch?v=nKt2zaOrxD8&feature=youtu.be
theamericanmirror.com/bernie-bust-150-turn-sanders-ohio-stop-hillary/
youtube.com/watch?v=9sTQEEHaQqc&feature=youtu.be
fox13now.com/2016/09/12/prominent-latino-activist-tony-yapias-charged-with-rape/
hiddenamericans.com/politics/forget-3am-phone-call-hillary-looks-too-sleepy-for-a-10pm-call-after-nyc-bombings/
youtu.be/P_i1xk07o4g
youtube.com/watch?v=P_i1xk07o4g
youtube.com/watch?v=ZW7bB8D_mAY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

whats a oxford comma.

Who gives a fuck about an Oxford Comma

American schools didn't start teaching them till the last 20 years.

>call Trump a Nazi
>is an actual grammar nazi themselves

Because check these dubs nerd.

When you put a comma before "and" in a list.

>He brought the burgers, fries, and ketchup.

put a spook warning on that gif

thanks

Teachers used to tell me it was wrong but I always knew it my heart that it was right.

The oxford comma is no longer proper image. Welcome to 2016 you fucking retards, liberals and kikes

It looks ok to me

Also, he thinks Houston is a state. I really hate people who can't differentiate states and cities.

I was actively taught not to use them, but I use them now since they're in most of the textbooks that I read.

A comma that was not accepted at Cambridge.

He's clearly speaking directly to Oklahoma and Colorado.

Learn2Grammar, OP.

In all seriousness growing up in Bongland I distinctly remember in school being told not to use a comma before the 'and' or 'or' in a list.

> Not adhering to the superior Cambridge rules

He's conserving ink you diptard.

Oxford commas are for weak-minded people with frail constitutions.

>le one place gets to decide what's best for the english language meme

One that sucks at rowing

Oxford commas are tricks by Jews.

I was told to use those commas, but I see a lot of Americans who were told NOT to use them. Damn state-funded public education!

who gives a fuck about (((Vampire Weekend)))

how da fuk does he go to all these places, and give speeches and be so active.

What's an an?

The reason we don't use them is because of private education tho

Same. I was taught not to use a comma before "and."

Because when he was in school, the oxford comma wasn't a thing. All the english style guides said don't put a comma before the 'and'. I'm genx ( graduated HS in '84), and I learned the same rule.

The oxford comma is just some millennial shit.

Only pseudo-intellectuals talk about Oxford commas. Go on any basic bitch's twitter or tinder profile, and quite often you'll find some stupid shit about "upholding the Oxford comma." Why should you take pride in something that is taught as early as the first grade?

>Why is he so stupid, disgusting and deplorable?
ftfy

He's not dying

The Oxford comma has always been optional, but I've been using it for 13 years. It became a natural part of my writing style.

Gas the Kikes, Chinks, and Muslims

Gas the Kikes, Chinks and Muslims.

See the difference? The comma is put in there because that's how it naturally sounds.

Professional-writerfag here. You're an idiot. It entirely depends on whether or not publication has a specific style. When style is not specified, it is acceptable both ways. Most major style guides recommend its usage.

Only communist and women don't use the Oxford comma.

Dumbing down grammar is a liberal agenda.

Langauge is continually evolving. So glad we'll have a future president who's revolutionizing our language and making it more efficient.

When you put a comma before 'and'.

>Just leaving Miami for Houston, Oklahoma and Colorado.

It looks like he is saying that he went to the city of "Houston, Oklahoma".

>Just leaving Miami for Houston, Oklahoma, and Colorado.

However there are no rules, and grammar/punctuation autists are just that - autists. You must do whatever is necessary to get your point across in as clear a manner as possible.

youtube.com/watch?v=pZxZvfohM4I

I tried to construct a sentence as grammatically incorrect as possible but it didn't seem to attract the attention of the autistics I thought would be swarming a grammar semantics thread.

>See the difference? The comma is put in there because that's how it naturally sounds.
This 2bh

I read the first one as

Kikes Chinks and Muslims

Whereas I read the second one as

Kikes ChinksandMuslims

I noticed that my super liberal English professor didn't use the Oxford comma.
Really gets my neurons firing.

whats an apostrophe or correct punctuation

I guess your to intelligent to bate us idiots.

>lowering standards for grammar is a good thing
Niggers pls go
>implying they aren't loved by teenage girls nationwide

The Oxford comma is only used by liberal shills and kikes.

Same. It single handedly broke the conditioning and ensured I could never be a happy bluepilled normie.

>oxford comma being proper grammar
top kek

Something I still, to this day, consciously choose to ignore every time I write a list of things.

Oh there's one...

Fuck (((Oxford)))

It's a Tweet, Not a fucking Novel Dumb Ass.

I use it so that my sentences avoid confusion when being read.
Ex:
I love my parents, mickey mouse and minnie mouse.
I love my parents, mickey mouse, and minnie mouse
The first sentence sounds like micky and minnie are my parents. The second sentence sounds better because everything is separated. What is so wrong about using the comma?

Is this worse or better than raping thirteen year old girl?

If you really want to rage listen to this bitch

Tldw
>grammar is racist

theguardian.com/commentisfree/video/2016/apr/20/grammar-snobs-are-patronising-pretentious-and-just-plain-wrong-video

Character limit means Oxford comma is dead.

Oxford commas are fucking retarded.

This legitimately triggers me, but not as much as the destruction of Libya.

And I mean it. You are a Novel Dumb Ass.

a wrong one, which is not a one at all.

The second one makes it seem you're telling the chinks and muslims to gas the kikes, yes.

Nothing wrong with it. I quite like it. People spouting jews/liberals in this thread are just meming out.

but yet there is character space in the tweet for an oxford comma which would make his message far easier to understand
>trump
>message
>understandable
oh god why?

WTF I hate Trump now.

Seriously, one should use the Oxford comma, always. But with Twitter, you have to economize and I'm thinking that's what happened. Leave out a comma in favor of the end exclamation point.

>last item on a list is a phrase that includes "and"

send help

I love the Oxford Comma, but as long as Trump gasses the kikes, hangs the niggers, and deports the messicans; he famfam.

oxford comma confirmed as being more important than jews

This.

Although honestly it is arguably acceptable to not use it on Twitter because of character counts.

How come the Jews and blacks get killed but the Mexicans escape with their lives?

I always used commas like they were points in the sentence to take a breath

So do fat people, use more commas?

1 post by this ID
sage

>Implying this industrial wasteland dystopia isn't a state unto itself.

>implying he'll do anything close to what you've listed
he'll be left of bush. Even on immigration the best you'll get is a wall and nothing else

I'm an editor, and NOBODY uses them, even though they're required in pretty much every style guide. It drives me nuts. I have two things that I enforce on every document I work with: Oxford commas, and proper em-dash spacing.

But I forgive Trump, because if this election cycle has made anything clear, it's that he can learn, and do it quickly.

>Trump doesn't use Oxford commas.

Really makes you think...

A semicolon is used to connect two independent clauses

'He famfam' does not fit the bill you uncultured swine

>Trump doesn't use Oxford commas.

mfw this is literally the best insult hill-shills can come up with.

Hillary is now a literal Grammer Nazi.

>using “and” and “,” simultaneously
>not degenerate

cause it's completely unnecessary and redundant

An Oxford comma makes more sense.
I hate blacks, yellows, browns and reds.

There should be a pause before each listed thing, otherwise it sounds retarded.

>Grammer

Here's why the Oxford comma is important:

>Deport the mexican, black, and jew.

Easy to understand. Three people over the wall.

>Deport the mexican, black and jew.

Now this could taken two ways. 1) same as above so no problem 2) deportation is only applied to a mexican and a black jew. Only 2 people the later bieng from a very small specific group anyway.

And this is how devolution begins...

You didn't even use the Oxford comma.

It should be "blacks, yellows, browns, and reds".

Hillary Clinton First Presidential Candidate Proposing to Abolish U.S. Borders

breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/09/17/trump-hillary-clinton-first-presidential-candidate-proposing-to-abolish-u-s-borders/

A Look At One Of Hillary Clinton's Early Scandals

zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-17/why-dont-they-trust-her-look-one-hillary-clintons-first-ever-scandals

Huma Abedin EXPOSED- Terrorist ties to 9/11 funders

youtube.com/watch?v=nKt2zaOrxD8&feature=youtu.be

BERNIE BUST: Only 150 turn out at Sanders Ohio stop for Hillary

theamericanmirror.com/bernie-bust-150-turn-sanders-ohio-stop-hillary/

Google Subverting Election for Hillary

youtube.com/watch?v=9sTQEEHaQqc&feature=youtu.be

Prominent Latino activist Tony Yapias charged with rape

fox13now.com/2016/09/12/prominent-latino-activist-tony-yapias-charged-with-rape/

Forget 3AM Phone Call, Hillary Looks Too Sleepy For A 10PM Call After NYC Bombings

hiddenamericans.com/politics/forget-3am-phone-call-hillary-looks-too-sleepy-for-a-10pm-call-after-nyc-bombings/

...do you also care about two spaces after punctuation marks?

Oh look at mr. moneybags over here. Do you think Zyklon B and hanging rope just grows on trees?

Because I was making an example of how autistic it sounds without the comma.

>I was actively taught not to use them

same here, punctuation designed for separating clauses is redundant when a conjunction is used.

Its poor English.

We are all dying.

I tend to use it, but I think its perfectly acceptable either way. I get the perception that most people don't use it, or even know what it is for that matter. Most people my age and younger are barely literate, I have even been corrected on "putting an extra comma" by collegefags. Trump probably made the specific decision to adopt the writing style he uses, the same way he limits his vocabulary in public speaking, even if it clashes with his oratory style sometimes.

>people think Trump speaks at a 4th grade level because he's stupid
Trump speaks at a 4th grade level because half of the electorate is below the intellectual average.

We love the poorly educated.

Not since word processing programs with proper fucking kerning.

>Oxford

Because he's a goddamn American, not a fucking red coat

You absolute, autist madman!!

only inbred idiots do that .. His usage is correct. OP is a moron.

All this time I didn't know about it. Fuck I feel retarded.

Thanks for the kek

>>

Oversight.

Messicans are such a forgettable people, especially, if they are gone.

And, like I said, I love the Oxford Comma.

>mexican intellectuals

They use... ellipses

>And, like I said, I love the Oxford Comma.

I personally hate it. Its an extra character that creates a double break if their is a conjunction present.

It ruins the flow.

Remember an elementary school teacher saying that. Never thought of it as such.

> implying the wall will stop illegals from digging underneath

But I'll be damned if it won't trigger liberals for generations to come. And that, in my opinion, is worth it.

Plus, (R) domination of all three branches ought to facilitate immigration policy reform and liberalize the healthcare sector. That aside, we can only hope Trump nominates a constructionist to the courts to replace based Scalia.

I also love the em-dash, though I always use it with a space in between each -- I just like how it looks, reads, and sounds in my head.

>redundant punctuation

no very maga

is this accurate? it sounds very counter intuitive

hey now, i'm convservative and I use the oxford comma, it looks better.

All this and no one's mentioned his comma splice, it's sad.

>being this easy to troll

PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES HATE HIM
LEARN HIS SECRETS TO HIGH ENERGY! CLICK HERE!

>not using a CSV instead
OP is a:
faggot,homosexual,fudgepacker,nigger

houston isn't a town in oklahoma

Who gives a fuck about an Oxford comma?
I've seen those English dramas too
They're cruel
So if there's any other way
To spell the word
It's fine with me, with me

Why would you speak to me that way
Especially when I always said that I
Haven't got the words for you
All your diction dripping with disdain
Through the pain
I always tell the truth

no. its wrong.

"and" already separates the 2 ideas.

you don't need a comma to do so as well.

thats not true. oxford commas are the old school way of doing it in america.

it is more logical and clear. the comma makes it clear that the last two items are not part of a group.

Please learn English if you're gonna live in England, Ahmed.

Omg!!!

Well, I'm with her now

It's grammatically correct to use it or not in this particular case.
The purpose of the Oxford comma is to eliminate ambiguity of a statement.

E.G.
>This book is dedicated to my parents, Ayn Rand and God
Ambiguous. Are Ayn Rand and God your parents or is that three separate group?
But Houston, Oklahoma and Colorado are three distinctly separate places with no ambiguity conveyed. So you don't need it here.

You mean like thid
>I fixed my headlight, window, rack and pinion.

If its a pair or part of a group.

That would not seem logically for emphasizing a separate group.

Its still a redundant separator between clauses.

A pair plus one is still three.

The oxford comma is added to coincide with the way the list is spoken. Using only ,"and" is technically correct, but it is not how normal people would say it out loud.

>> 89430171

Yeah, that was meant to be a self-deprecating joke.

I do not know how to use the semicolon, properly, other than with "tl;dr".

It always seems like what it is supposed to precede should just be a new sentence, in parentheses, or even em-dashed.

you lost me.

how much have you smoked?

But there aren't any niggers in it.

Your post is superfluous and gay and nerdy.

>This book is dedicated to my parents, Ayn Rand and God

I don't think its necessary. The construction of the sentence makes the objects from a dangling participle because of their order.

If the writer made the sentence like this:

>This book is dedicated to God, my parents, and Ayn Rand.

Its a semantic error, not grammatical.

You realize that Hillary Clinton is so bad that the best her team can come up with is going to war with an internet meme and accusing Donald Trump of being racist.

Donald Trump is not racist, if he were, he would not have married and had kids with a Jew. Most racists hate Jews, that is what gets them started on the racist trail. I know from experience.

I just hope the American people aren't buying the Democrat's bullshit anymore.

I am going to have juice, an apple and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch.

Wheres your god now?

i cant tell if you're agreeing or arguing with me, but saying "rack and pinion" is more proper than "rach, and pinion."

but an oxford comma doesn't mean you insert a comma there. In fact, elimination of the oxford comma rule would ensure that there would be no differentiation between items of a group and individual items.

alot.

nice trips

you use "and" and commas to separate clauses or objects. So I feel two is repetitive.

maybe he didn't want to pause before saying and, fuckers. that's what's so great about america, we do whatever the fuck we want

>Trump doesn't use an Oxford comma
>Trump eats his stakes well done
Now I'm #FeelingTheJohnson

If you watch Hillary Clinton speak, you will notice she doesn't even mention her policies, because she doesn't have any. She is LITERALLY that bad. All she can do is attack people in between bouts of coughing fits.

this is now a GET thread

pretty disgusting desu

I'm taking the anti-Oxford comma position.

I actually enjoyed driving through that to get to that battlefield monument and battleship. Industrial wastelands always feel cozy to me for some reason.

More commonly known as IEEE comma.

Trump uses a lot of verbs. He is all image and it shows in his writing. Literal retardation it.

witnessed

>takes anti oxford comma position
>spells "a lot" as "alot"

MEDIOCRE! waste of get

You only use oxford commas when you would have logical reason to believe the first item was referring to them.
e.g. I invited my friends, John and Bill.
John and bill could be your friends or they could be two other people that you invited. So if you want to indicate that they weren't your friends, you add a comma after John to specify that it's a list.

But in the OP case, we know that Miami, Houston and Oklahoma cannot be confounded with one another. So an oxford comma isn't necessary.

hahahahaha

Also, it applies in this sentence: Buy bread, milk, salt and pepper, water, and fruit.

Salt and pepper go together so you do not put a comma there but everything else is separate.

Orr you just use them like a civilized person to avoid confusion. They never hurt.

your use of the word redundant is redundant

Thats not how it works. The first and shouldnt be there.

as a journalist, FUCK OXFORD COMMA

TRUMP 2016

All you terrible writing faggos probably use 'that' and insert comma splices regulary

GRAMMARR WINNNNNNN

fuck the semi colon. i've had just about enough of that niggers shit.

forgot your comma, pleb

period
>you're on one

Oxford comma is retarded and unnecessary

>tfw i'm not checking your dubs now

I can't stop laughing at this.

It's cute, funny and hypnotizing.

It's Twitter! Haven't ya heard!? Grammar is de-yed.

Same here. i dont recall our teacher teaching us that. What grade are they suppose to teach it?

Does anyone else find it odd that Cred Forums of all places has overall superior grammar in comparison to social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc?

Oxford Commas are aesthetically displeasing

Because we are a bunch of anime loving autists who are too intelligent for our own good. The world fucked us over and now we are here. This ride never ends user

I grow grass in my garden path are weeds.

shes a proper slag innit?

youtu.be/P_i1xk07o4g

How so? A lack of Oxford comma makes the list seem unbalanced, because there is punctuation after every item except for the penultimate one.

Hahahah you didnt't even do it right, you retard.

>I hate blacks, yellows, browns, and reds.

Is proper. Learn proper american english faggot.

Read the rest before you respond, faggot.

I'm a verb now, Lana. Deal with it!

Actually Hillary's chances are getting better by the day. Theres no way she loses. She's going to do amazing in the debates and expose him completely as the wheenie and doofus that he is. After the first debate most insider sources estimate she'll see a 15-25% poll jump. Thats right, by next tuesday she'll be polling at around 65% and drumpf will be at around 25%.

Idk man, it's just how I feel. It pleases me to not use it
>red, white and blue
>red, white, and blue
the first seems closer to how I speak.

Also, exposure to reddit-tier pieces of shit on the internet hating on not using the oxford comma makes me resent it and associate it with them.

But its just Trump shitposting on the internet why would anyone give a shit.

But even not counting that Oxford comma wasn't needed here.
If he said "I invited to my party few clowns, hillary and bill" Then yes, it is confusing if you don't use it.
But when you are only listing proper names (Houston, Oklahoma, Colorado) then its not necessary.

Wrong thread. You're a faggot, a nigger, and a retard.

>that does sound better with the Oxford comma.

It's for faggots who can't apply common sense to reading and need an autistic comma that 99% of the population wouldn't need.

In separate jars, place salt, pepper, vinegar, and oil.

In separate jars, place salt, pepper, vinegar and oil.

>insider sources

top kek,
yeah keep paying those insider sources 500k a year to tell you what you want to hear

Thank you for Correcting the Record I'm a #shill4hill now

I'm going to put them in separate jars no matter what because you can mix them later anyways.

>We're running out of shit to throw at him
>he's is unstumpable, wtf.jpg

>We invited a pair of retards, user and his girlfriend.(Lets for the sake of argument in this imaginary world that you have one)
Or
>We invited a pair of retards, user, and his girlfriend.

Now tell me what is easier to understand, because I think that understanding that you two are a pair of retards would be a common mistake considering how dumb you are.

Who the fuck writes like that.

>I invited user and his gf, they're fucking retarded.

What autismo is like

>I invited a couple of retards over, user and his gf.

No one does the latter anymore so obviously it's a fucking list.

Just don't be autistic.

>first seems closer to how I speak.
The first suggests "red white'n'blue".
The second suggests a pause between each listed item. Do you really say it as the former?

I don't think it's necessary for only a couple. Just "user and his GF" would suffice. However,
>user, his mother, and his GF.
seems about right.

AND WE'RE GOING TO SOUTH DAKOTA AND OREGON AND WASHINGTON AND MICHIGAN AND THEN WE'RE GOING TO WASHINGTON DC AND WERE GOING TO TAKE BACK THE WHITE HOUSE

YEEEEAH!!!!

There is definitely a pause after white, but not to the same degree as the one after red. The 'and' takes some of the oxygen from the pause that would be there.

red, white, and blue makes me feel like I'm trapped in a hell that will never end. It's too damn slow.

We specifically learned not to do this in school, both in German and English. You never put a comma before and.

This may be for red white'n blue specifically, but it's quite difficult to abbreviate other lists. "Motherboard, graphics card, and power supply" doesn't exactly roll of the tongue without some pauses.

You learned wrong. The Oxford comma is a matter of style, it is by no means incorrect.

I guess so. Seeing it used feels disruptive though, like it's breaking the flow of the sentence.

He's right about German tho. the "and" specifically signals the comma in a list, so it seems counter-intuitive for us to write them in the eternal anglo language

we have different grammar rules then England English, but in all seriousness it don't matter.

The same principle is at work in your sentence. The pause is there, but not to the same degree as the first pause due to the and. I'd write it 'Motherboard, graphics card and power supply'.

And what is "proper em-dash spacing," pray tell?

I did the same thing for years. It's completely optional. Dropping the comma before the and is a hard habit to break that, in the end, really doesn't matter.

I also understood that both were acceptable.

>it don't matter
>it do not matter
It "does not" or "doesn't" matter!

nobody uses Oxford commas in college you GED reject

Praise kek

I,n separate j,ar,s, place ,s,alt, ,pep,per, vineg,ar a,nd o,il.,

I used oxford in college.

Deport only black or Jew Mexicans

Who give a fuck about a oxford comma

Houston is a City
Oklahoma and Colorado are states.

>For lunch I had a glass of milk, an apple, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
See how dumb that looks?

And what is allepo?

Oxford commas are retarded and useless.
And I don't even like Trump.

We were taught explicitly to never put a comma before "and" here in Bongistan.

>Being enslaved by brit english
I bet you'd be upset too if he said color and not colour.

>Wasting time on a comma.
He's going for the black vote.

Sounds like a nice lunch user

S-so I don't have to do that?

Good, I always thought it was fucking retarded.

His house has more worth than you can ever earn in your entire life. Die pleb.

If you make a list about thing 1, thing 2, and thing 3, an oxford comma goes after thing 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=P_i1xk07o4g

FANBOYS nigga

,for
,and
,nor
,but
,or
,yet
,so

youtube.com/watch?v=ZW7bB8D_mAY
thread theme