Have WWII germans ever been depicted as just normal people in a movie?

Have WWII germans ever been depicted as just normal people in a movie?

German army was just like everyone elses army. Just a ton of young boys barely out of school, and anybody else they could grab and get to fight.

Yet in every movie Ive ever seen when they show germans they are goose stepping through towns screaming about their master race and shouting HIEL HITLER every 10 seconds.

I feel like Hogans Heros is probably the closest thing to ever showing WWiI german soldiers as human beings.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt1883092/?ref_=nv_sr_1
imdb.com/title/tt0108211/?ref_=nv_sr_3
imdb.com/title/tt0051749/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have WWII germans ever been depicted as just normal people in a school?

das boot

NOT YET

god that movie was legendary

So you're mad that they are portraying them correctly? What is it with you rightwing shitheads and historical revisionism?

das boot

not a movie but generation war is a mini siries about the average germans experiance during the war.

>Implying germans are people.

oy gevalt.

downfall felt fair and made me feel for the nazis before i named the jew

Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter

He was an everyday dude just tryin' to get by.

JIDF go now

>every German character was played by a jew
>still the best example of Hollywood not portraying Germans as complete assholes

generation war

Der Untergang/Downfall was pretty good.

This. Watch the long version.

It was ok. C- for T-34-85 in Stalingrad though. At least it was a real T-34-84 and not a shitty mock up. At least so far as I can remember. they get a D if it was. Also I feel like they tried too hard with the whole jewish friend thing. I mean I'm sure we all know "one of the good'ns" but it still felt like too much.

>T-34-84

brb, gonna kill myself for typing that

i feel like all quiet on the western front did but i dont remember it was too long ago

They literally killed over 6 million Jews. These people aren't "people".

Oy vey what did you do to the Tasmanian aborigines?

Sam Peckinpah's only war movie, Cross of Iron

And filthy NKVD Soviet Kikes murdered 6-7 million Ukrainians in Holodomer, you know, the Holocaust of White Christians that actually happened.

>Flubba wungga nunga Abos
>The Chosen People

Pick one

"Ukrainians"

No such thing senpai.

Sometimes when I think of the amount of my kin that was killed in WW2 I want to throw up. Anyone else feel this way?

I want to throw up when I think about how it was all for nothing

Most of the Germans in Inglorious Basterds were depicted as normal people. Whereas the Americans where depicted as bloodthirsty animals. The scene with the German officer and the 'bear jew' is a good example.

>correctly
fuck off dumb cunt go learn something for once besides the Kardashians

You have no argument so you mock his spelling? Go back to losing wars against emus you cuck

imdb.com/title/tt1883092/?ref_=nv_sr_1

imdb.com/title/tt0108211/?ref_=nv_sr_3

Nah, it was for something. It was to be free of the Jew. True that the attempt failed, but the attempt was made nonetheless.

Stalingrad.
Not the gay ass Zaytsev story, the 1993 film.

>germans ever been depicted as just normal people in a movie?

war movie trope is soldiers (usually a troop) as cynical, defeatist, homesick, psychologically damaged victims of authority. been that way since All Quiet on the Western Front was published. exceptions usually heroize eg. Green Berets, We were soldiers, but have never seen a wholly positive portrayal of German combatants (outside productions from Nazi Germany).

Watch La Grande Vadrouille lel

I wasn't mocking his spelling, what u on about burgerbro, I've just never heard of this thing called "Ukraine"

The longest day

inferior to original, plus the ears of the leading jew are distracting
imdb.com/title/tt0051749/

The pianist?
The book thief, or whatever it's called?

Been a while since i've watched them though.

Having nationalist depicted as humans is against the narrative leaf,
heck did you see how Americans went ape shit over the fact that Fallon messed with Trump's hair, showing how human he is?

Was Slaughterhouse Five ever made into a movie? It just humanizes everyone.

pic related

And FDR ordered the killing of 6 million innocent German civilians, winners decide the rules mate.

He was a toy company owner if i recall correctly

> shitheads

You misspelled "shitlords".

My tank autism wouldnt allow me to enjoy this movie

Nazis driving patton tanks is just too weird

they could have covered them in plywood or something

It also was shot in Spanish deserts instead of the actual Argonne forest.

>responding to ozflag
>not knowing ukraine is Nato propaganda to hide the nuclear attack at pripyat.

Man in the High Castle

Obligatory anime/manga post.

>Germans
>normal

A people who have a shelf in their toilet bowl for dissection and inspection of their poos are not normal

I would imagine it's similar to how a north Korean would behave if you asked how enthusiastic he was about the government. People would be killed for not towing the line, however there's no denying that the German people wanted war, they were butthurt about Versailles treaty and they were genuinely, I believe, pretty enthusiastic about the whole master race thing, especially at the start of the war, so the guy saying that they are portrayed correctly is probably right, even if you didn't believe any of the nazi stuff you'd almost certainly still have to act like you did.

>loli Hitler
My mind says anime was a mistake, but my heart says ask for sauce.

>muh master race
And thinking your highschool football team is the best is the same as thinking all the other highschool football teams are subhuman garbage, right?

>master race

Even though volunteers from the Balkans, Africa and Asia were recruited in the Wehrmacht. It's as if you still hold on to half the disinformation they taught you in history class - just drop it.

>you'll never be a sociopathic office worker who gets reincarnated as a magical loli general in WW1 who's the equivalent to the Red Baron
幼女戦記 made me realize how empty my life is

German Movies sure...

>Die Brücke aka The Bridge (1959)
>Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben aka Dogs, do you want to live forever – Stalingrad (1959)
>Das Boot (1981)
>Stalingrad (1993)
>NaPolA aka Before the Fall (2004)
>Der Untergang aka The Downfall (2004)
>Anonyma – Eine Frau n Berlin aka Anonyma – The Downfall of Berlin (2008)

So it was all roses and pixie dust to be a German according to you then. Maybe you should read one of this history books you hate so much.

That whole article is some of the most biased, narrowly focused bullshit I've ever read.

Genuine question.

Did you ever watch a non American movie? A shitload of Ango fags literally never watched anything non anglo.

Maybe you're from Canada so you watched some French movies but in general German Movies, French Movies, Ruski Movies, Czech Movies, Swedish and Danish and so on seems to be totally irrelevant..

Why do I say this... Well just go online and search for Subs of these movies and you'll find nothing.

Yeah, Das Boot, and All Quiet on the Western Front was good, although the latter is WWI, not II.

This sounds EXACTLY like my grandfather talking about Austro-Hungary. Everybody was literate, we had schools, hospitals, there was order and happiness, crime was super low because it was punished and socially unacceptable. You could live off the land, people weren't homeless and they owned houses in villages and worked the land some were more prosperous then others capitalism worked. If you did your job right you were rich and successful. You never hear about criminals in the News papers.

or my other grandfather talking about Yugoslavia.

Literally the same thing

>50% of the country illiterate and and devastated by War and Kingdom of Yugoslavian neglect.
>Industry leveled
>Schools nonexistent
>Telephone lines nonexistent
>Radio almost nonexistent

And from 1945-1991

Yugoslavia raised literacy to 99%
Build every single hospital in use today
Build tons of factories and employed everyone
Barely any homeless or beggars state provided you with everything

They're both fantasizing about the past.

Today they say everyone literate and educated but their stupid. (Being able to read doesn't make you suddenly a decent and moral person)
Why aren't we making thins that last my shoes use to last 40 years see these ones. Now your shoes last 2 years at most! (Because capitalism works on consumption and production)
Why do I have to buy a new TV my TV from 1985 is good enough, this digital TV is a scam! (Because capitalism works on consumption and production)
When I was you age I was working in the fields/factory
Why is this government so corrupt! (Because Media exposes the corruption)
Look at the TV/Newspapers/Radio why is there so much crime! In my time we had no crime! (Because they wouldn't allow it in media)

Basically every time I say something to contradict them they brush it off and say "My grandfather said : Theres gonna time when Wisdom turns into madness! I guess he was right! "

Map is literacy rates in Kingdom of Yugoslavia.