US spends about 130k per student for Public Education

>US spends about 130k per student for Public Education
>the best jobs they can get out of high school without more training is burger flipper, mailman, or waiter
>none of these jobs require anything taught in public school

I don't think I learned a single useful life skill in all 12 years of Public School, does it solely exist to employ Liberal Arts and Education majors?

Other urls found in this thread:

slideshare.net/crdixon/aynrandthecomprachicos
napraviuchilishte.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Education-Free-and-Compulsory.pdf
talk.collegeconfidential.com/massachusetts-institute-technology/1870162-mit-class-of-2020-rd-results-thread.html
talk.collegeconfidential.com/harvard-university/1865655-harvard-rd-class-of-2020-result-thread.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shit tier book case.

Mailman make good money.

>mfw cute girls in glasses

Those books in the background are interestingly descriptive of the person in the picture.

Here you go, some redpills on government schools.

slideshare.net/crdixon/aynrandthecomprachicos

pic unrelated

napraviuchilishte.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Education-Free-and-Compulsory.pdf

You learned to read, write, use a computer, and math...

Im by no means wealthy, but im making $32/hr with just my hs diploma.

Shit tier books as well.

This. I'd love to be a mailman.

t. Chemistry student

My guess would be that the colleges are in bed with the DoE.

It's also likely that high school diplomas are worth nothing because 95% of people have them

That pencil has never been used. I would question her academic credentials.

>literally stuff white people like on the bookshelf
checked

Making 80k this year . The mailman for my house is bringing in 140k (I don't want to do that much over time)

Never mind the union benefits like sick/annual/retirement

Ticonderoga black raiders are the pencil master race imo

a) does that require 12 years of schooling?
b) the amount of reading and writing you learn after like elementary or middle school is useless, English classes afterwards are pure utter bullshit
c) same goes with math, you can't get jobs doing calculus with a HS diploma

>You will never fuck a qt teacher

Why even live

But getting more to your point. School only gives you back as much as you put in. You can learn the basic building blocks of knowledge that will take you further.

For instance, you can't learn physics until you learn calculus. You can't learn calculus until you master algebra. etc....

If you put in the work at the high school level, it can teach you enough to take you far in life. It's those children who refuse to put in the work who complain later that schools did nothing for them.

If you can't produce a viable workforce after 12 years of full-time education, then you fucked up.

that doesn't answer my question at all. When you get your high school diploma, what does basic knowledge of Bio, Physics, Math, Chem, History, English, prepare you for in the workforce?

exactly, that's why Public education is ass, cool pic btw

>US spends about 130k per student for Public Education
HA! Holy shit that's ridiculous.

Stop paying your teachers 70k for 9 months work.

Math, and some of the sciences are the only courses that apply to my job desu.

Im a machinist, which basically means i cut, grind, and weld metal into precision parts.

What do you do if you accidentally bore a hole too big? Well you make a metal sleave a few thousands of an inch larger than the bore in question, drop the sleeve in liquid nitrogen to shrink it, then press it into the hole.
Thats just one application of applied science, there are thousands in my field at least.

you're an absolute fucking moron, that requires 0 knowledge of Molar Conversions, Theory of Evolution, F=m*a, the Revolutionary War, Onomatopoeia, or 95% else of the shit you learned in Public School.

What did you learn in Public School taht you use daily at your job. Tell me.

You gain an immense amount of knowledge, as well as developing critical thinking and other real-world skills in school. Only an autistic NEET would actually hate education. Although you can argue that some classes are useless and some university majors need to be removed (i.e. music class in school was useless, Women's studies and Philosophy need to be taken out). You can argue that the curriculum needs to be revised somewhat during the early years to help develop more skills. You can't say that high school is useless or that it needs to be de-funded.

>130k per student
>students teach class in absence of teacher

>Philosophy need to be taken out
except forma logic*

A
FUCKING
LEAF

Critical Thinking in public school? It's regurgitation 101, you just memorize for tests and spit the answers back out and forget them 2 days later. EVERYONE hates education, normies and asian savants alike.

I would still like you to argue why HIstory, Physics, Chem, Bio, or Math beyond basic ALgebra is needed for public education, and even then most students don't even know Algebra that well.

Math and basic science, like i said in the first sentence of my previous post. Have a random page from my machinist handbook

Believe it or not, life itself requires certain basic knowledge. Reading, writing, mathematics, logical thinking, etc. I understand you're saying grades 1~12 does not teach you a skill that will be critical to a high paying job. But you're looking at it from the wrong angle.

Look at public education as a basic building block. You can't learn to run before you learn to walk. Some people will never attain higher education. But we need to give everybody a fair chance to seek higher education.

this is basic algebra, taught in middle school and maybe elementary if you were advanced. literally just plugging in numbers into letters, a fucking 10 year old could do this.

I think the point is, a 10 year old CAN'T do this with out schooling.

Yep, really only making gears and cams requires the higher math.

Really causes my neurons to form action potentials at the axon hillock via the result of the summation of excitatory and inhibitory post-synaptic potentials that was equal to or greater than the threshold potential, leading to the depolarization of the axon by the opening of voltage-gated channels that passively diffused ions down their concentration gradient leading to the release of neurotransmitters at the synapse to stimulate in accord with long term potentiation pathways developed through the release of seratonin at key moments of sensory input.

Look pal the public education is a way of the state to cut unemployment.
There are no jobs for everyone so people have to study for 27 years to give time for the rest to die and liberate some jobs.
But the old people live longer each year so the education is gonna be also longer.
Why do people need a post degree now just to get a job?
Why is a degree not enough for a job?
To make you wait another year to look for a job, same as phd
Also because university has dropped the level and it's free it has become a second high school.
They are now teaching less and less to kids to make it all longer.
We will have mandatory education till 20 years soon.

Interesting, Pablo. Very interesting. How are you holding up? Any Muslim invaders at your place yet?

Teachers in my state get like 30k

The question is what are the alternatives. If you're looking at 130k per student giving you educated burger flippers versus 0k per student giving you regular burger flippers, it entirely depends on how rich you are as a country, since there are obviously benefits of education unrelated to what job your get. If your alternatives are 130k per liberal arts major and 130k per engineering major surely engineering major will be able to utilize the knowledge better (in the current economy).

tl;dr: why not educate your burger flippers when you can afford it?

You are not entirely incorrect, but you're wrong about schools teaching less and less. It's just that a dichotomy is developing between schools in poor neighborhoods and rich neighborhoods.

If you go to a high ranking HS in your state, you will find tremendous focus on school work and ever increasing competition to enter elite schools.

Ghettos on the other hand, have completely given up. I have HS grads come to me to apply for a job, and they can't even figure out 15% of 200. I shit you not. They can't do it even with a calculator on their phone. Needless to say, my business is in the ghettos.

Asian dominated schools on the other hand, are teaching college level courses at 11th grade. And kids are still acing them.

But here's the real problem with education. As science and technology advances, there's just MORE STUFF we have to learn.

My estimate is that every 10 years of tech advancements require another year of schooling to catch up. So, while back in the '60s, high school was enough. Now, 50+ years later, College and 2 years of grad school has become mandatory, SIMPLY to catch up to current tech. I suspect in another 2 decades, PhD will be the mandatory minimum as our world will become so complex, only decades of learning can bring you up to speed.

I'm in BCN m8 this is ground Zero
Spain is sending them all to Catalonia
We have senegalese, moroccans, bengals, pakis, gypsis and indan sighs

No one actually likes them but the media is owned by 3 groups an they all shill for the EU and Merkel

The most readed newpaper here said that Merkel did the right thing even if most germans didn't want it, letting all the refugees it was something that had to be done apparently.
I'm talking about the editorial group, not some journalist.

But we will go reconquista mode sooner than later.
We won't tolerate as much as the french and brits.

>you cant learn calculus until you master algebra

what is this meme? You can take Calc BC after Precalc, which is Algebra 2.5

>Detroit
Ooga Booga

See, the problem is having 12 years of school mandatory.

Niggers don't even go to class anyway, why give them schools at all?

homosexuals detected

>but you're wrong about schools teaching less and less

Wrong. US schools have been teaching less and less. Check out a university entrance exam from 1900. Most American university students fail it.

that way we can spend money on people who actually want to fucking learn

Inmigrants are destroying public shcool here, teachers don't want to go to be threaten by criminal parents and nigs just aren't smart enough

My aunt is a teacher and she told me excatly that, chinese study, nigs don't, it's the same in every nation I'm sure of it.

What I mean with education getting lower is for example maths
Each year they teach the same thing later
Like divisions with 2 numbersand then waiting next year to do 4 numbers or shit like that

>PhD will be the mandatory minimum as our world will become so complex, only decades of learning can bring you up to speed.

Yes, that's globalization
You have to compete with much more people so you need more skills.
Same as house prices.
Now everyone from the whole 7 billion of people can buy a home and become a worker in your own city.
It's really hard to compete so I have give up honestly

Small and flawed example, but my own experience. My highschool

cut
>woodshop
>metalshop
>auto shop
>agriculture classes
>nursing
>law enforcement
>construction
>home economics

Added
>band
>choir
>art appreciation
>music appreciation

About 5 years before I got in, and by the time I got there the steel mills were practically begging us to come work for them offering ungodly amounts of money, and would put on a big day for the entire school at least 3 times a year trying convince us to work for them. We are a little corn town, so you either farm or work for the mills up north. My school effectively killed mill work for the entire town and we are already seeing a huge shift in age demographics because we send off all the kids to (((college))) and there are no jobs for them here.

Public education killed my town, and the only reason it happened was because the state decided that we need a fine arts credit to get our diploma, but refuses to count the industrial arts as arts credits.

>School should prepare you for a job.

Yeah, because what the dick has education ever done for us. Also:
>Not using algebra in your daily life
>Not using grammar in letters/emails
>Not using the reasoning and critical thinking skills you hopefully developed

You sound like a plebeian, desu.

>Stop paying your teachers 70k for 9 months work.
Where's that?

Texas here, median salary for a new teacher is $38,000 at a public school. You have to have certifications and a bachelor's degree at the very least to be accepted as a teacher. For that, it's a relatively low income job.

Explain this America, it looks almost random even if you take out affirmative action.

>Multiple normal impressive people get in
>Multiple near geniuses get rejected

talk.collegeconfidential.com/massachusetts-institute-technology/1870162-mit-class-of-2020-rd-results-thread.html

talk.collegeconfidential.com/harvard-university/1865655-harvard-rd-class-of-2020-result-thread.html

SCHOOL IS THE TOOL TO BRAINWASH THE YOUTH - Jaden Smith

We can't keep going to school, you feel me dawg? The greatest intellectual of our time has decreed that we must drop out of school, you naw'm'sayin? Math? More like Meth amirite? Dey shud be techin' ebonics and shit instead of English. Ooga booga where da African studies at? They be teaching History and sheeeit but no t include OUR history, dem racist kracka azz sheeits. They be scared because we wuz kangz and sheeit senpai. Yo fuck dat school shit senpai.

I don't usually like girls with hipster glasses, but she is a fucking cutiepie

>About 5 years before I got in, and by the time I got there the steel mills were practically begging us to come work for them offering ungodly amounts of money
I wish this happened when I was at school.
None really gave a fuck about what we would do after finishing school so obviously most kids didn't know what the fuck to do after we got our graduation certificate.

Doesn't help that schools don't teach real life lessons.
At least ours didn't.

The score on multiple choice questions should be divided not by the number of questions.

You didn't learn math in school? Or how to speak properly with correct language use?

You don't need a high school diploma to get BLACKED muhfugga. You don't need cockulus to suck on muh dick. We don't need educayshion and sheeeit. Dey should be teaching us real world skillz mah homie, you feel me? You know, like peddling drugs. They should only have black teachers dawg. All dem white women be watching my British Broadcasting Network, you feel me my nigga?

Oh, Canada.

You so silly.

As shitty a school as it is, fucking good on whatever kid tried to help.

>leaf posting at its best

Truly the most underrated form of abstract art.

school is solely to prepare you for college and to give the unworthy future working class kids something to do while they get big enough to work construction. We should pander to the ones who will push the world forward, not the plebs who do the jobs we haven't built robots for yet.
it looks like the near geniuses that got rejected were "just smart'. schools like those place a big emphasis on extra-curriculars and volunteer work. Sad stories about what integrity means to you also help.

>ITT: LERNING BAD IM NEVER GUNNA USE IT ANYWAY WHY WASTE THE ENERGY
And that's how your populations stays retarded.
It's good that schools teach a large amount of basic knowledge.
I'm studying CS, but I'm glad I had biology, physics, chemistry and all the other shit I don't need now in high school. Gaining knowledge, of any kind, makes you a better human being.

ololol

Yeah I was retarded until feminist whores gave me work sheets /s.

>I don't think I learned a single useful life skill in all 12 years of Public School,

Then pay attention and play less WoW you shit bag NEET millennial

You probably shit post on Facebook too. You probably post shit tier memes with faggot tumblr text underneath about how you can't fill out a tax form or some shit, then blame the school you never paid attention in. We all know one

This guy definitely isn't

SAT I (breakdown): 2400 (taken October sophomore year)
ACT (breakdown): 35 (only took once June freshman year)
SAT II: 800 Math II / 800 Chemistry / 800 Physics / 800 French / 790 Spanish
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 4.0
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 1/500ish
AP (place score in parenthesis): BC Calc (5), Chemistry (5), Physics C (5), English CompLit (5), APUSH (5), Chinese (5), French (5), Macro (5), Micro (5). Self-studied for half of these.
IB (place score in parenthesis): [N/A]
Senior Year Course Load: WHAP, AP Bio, AP Comp Sci, AP Music, Advanced French (higher than AP), gym, philosophy (AP not offered, just a chill class). Dual enrolled at UARK for real analysis and Honors Physical Chemistry. Independent study with the professor I did research with over the summer.
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): made the USAMO 10th, 11th, 12th grade, (scored a 1 and 3, third time the charm?). Won state science fair but gave up my place at Intel fair due to a schedule conflict. National AP Scholar. National Physics Olympiad. Some state and city piano things, idk if "major".

>Made the USAMO

That isn't remotely the same as being valedictorian or getting a perfect SAT, they have something similar in the UK. I find it weird how different it is to UK uni admissions

school is to keep white women from breeding

Cred Forums confirmed retarded.

Wat...

Dude, everyone knows Common Core is shit...

>I don't think I learned a single useful life skill in all 12 years of Public School

Didn't learn to read, do basic and intermediate math, basic world history, basic science.

Nothing in that is a useful life skill. Nope!

You mean they seized the means of production?

That's where muh dick comes in dawg 100 100 OK sign.

Edugaytion was created by krackaz. Dey made it hard so dat niggas can't do well. Dey be afraid dat us niggas will get ahead. Jus' wait till I unlock da full power of my melonin racis kracka.

>We should pander to the ones who will push the world forward, not the plebs who do the jobs we haven't built robots for yet.

All societies peak and then decline, pushing forward isn't always doing the best thing.

Nope I learned all that shit from my grandparents, mother, and self taught myself. Public school was shit, dropped out and went straight onto college after getting my GED. I placed in the top 1% for SAT scores in the nation and the top 1% for GED scores in my State (not that impressive). I graduated summa cum laude before I scored a 517 on the MCAT and am currently attending Medical School, well on my way to becoming a surgeon. Public school is a straight joke, where the most popular kids are usually class clowns who literally strive to look stupid. When I have kids with my soon to be wife they will only go to private school.

OP makes a very good point and I don't see anybody ITT refuting it.

Public school are utter bullshit. Most children, at least white children, can learn everything through high school level by the time they are 12-14. Interesting that as our minority population increased, school standards decreased and the focus shifted more toward social justice education.

Any parent who relies on public schooling is irresponsible.

Doing it right. Public school is nonsense.

So you be saying dat dem white brains be getting BLACKED?

Public schools are the reason leaf posters are so retarded. They are better (((educated))).

Case in point.

schooling is a form of childcare too. It keeps young+teenage douche bags off the street so they aren't forming gangs, etc.

If you watch the warriors (movie) you always here them talking about the street, or the block, or their social workers. The street gangs on the 70s were washout teenagers who were skipping school and living on the streets.

so you're proposing what? that we should stagnate?
we don't know where either path will lead us, but we know that one is much more likely to be better than the other. Obesity can give you better odds at surviving a select few illnesses, doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to be at a healthy weight.
You'd realize how stupid your argument was if you went to college.

>Didn't learn nothing
>does it only exist for Lib Arts and Education majors?
Sir I think you are the Lib Arts major.

Who is that girl?

>It keeps young+teenage douche bags off the street so they aren't forming gangs, etc.

This meme is also retarded. There isn't a more productive way for teens to spend their time? Like learning a trade or something useful?

>You learned to read, write, use a computer, and math.
We did a small experiment regarding learning math at my school when our teacher fast tracked us in math. 80% our class managed to finish high school math at age 14.
proving most people only need 7-8 years of school.
The rest is just day-caring and anti-white indoctrination. Germany and Norway have school systems where you finish as a welder, plumber, mechanic or electrician at age 18

I'd love to be a chemist

t. Biology student

>The mailman for my house is bringing in 140k
wtf

A cardigan, pencil, and pair a glasses do not a smart woman make.

Also, stop making me want to masturbate, Cred Forums. I come here for serious news.

Similar situation for me. I dropped out after 8th grade, got my GED, went to uni. Now I'm in grad school and plan to teach uni.

High school is glorified daycare for "youths."

>best jobs are teenager jobs
stop being a pussy and look for a factory job or something. better yet become an apprentice (probably can't do that if you were a retard in school, yes if you got bad grades it is because you were stupid) and get paid to learn a skill that could make you a starting salary of up to 50k

>But getting more to your point. School only gives you back as much as you put in. You can learn the basic building blocks of knowledge that will take you further.

Feminism
White privilege
Nigger-ball

What more can you ask for

>does it solely exist to employ Liberal Arts and Education majors?

Since it's government funded, yes it absolutely does.

Why do you think the teachers' unions are so powerful? Why do you think they always vote for more money to be budgeted to education?

>so you're proposing what? that we should stagnate?

Maintenance =/= stagnation

>we don't know where either path will lead us, but we know that one is much more likely to be better than the other.

History has shown that "progress" has led to collapse 100% of the time.

>Obesity can give you better odds at surviving a select few illnesses, doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to be at a healthy weight.

If the risk of you contracting those diseases is greater than the risk of being grossly overweight then you should be obese.

>You'd realize how stupid your argument was if you went to college.

Implying I didn't

Your entire argument is based around the idea that we can't produce a handful of innovators while still preparing the vast majority for existing careers.

Hell, without the vast majority doing their part, the innovators would be worthless.