This 40 Sq. Ft. New York Apartment Could Be Yours For $450 Per Month

Get your very own box for $450/m, don't worry everyone else does it :^D

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q4FoAr8i26g
sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/03/29/peter-berkowitz-san-francisco-pod-living/
vice.com/read/london-rental-opportunity-of-the-week-a-fucking-shed-a-shed-in-someones-front-room-987
trulia.com/property/3241391302--Sthwy-5s-Canajoharie-NY-13317
asunnot.oikotie.fi/vuokrattavat-asunnot/helsinki/13464042
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I could imagine someone renting a dump like that for $450 because it's really expensive in NYC and you could just spend the money you save on renovation even if you the landlord gets some of the benefits
>mfw i realize it's not 40 square meters, it's square feet

You guys don't understand

Living in NYC is the dream. Once you live in NYC you've made it.

>not living in Stamford & commuting to work everyday

It's like you want to remain poor

People who live in cities deserve every ounce of suffering they experience.

The thing is that everyone wants to live in Manhattan so the rents there are expensive as fuck.

No one wants to live in the outer boroughs like Queens or Staten Island where it is affordable and you can easily get to Manhattan by train or ferry.

>we found some "nice 700 sq ft apartments...for $9.25 per sq ft

>$9.25 per sq ft

>$6,475/month for a 700 sq ft apartment

New Yorkers deserve their suffering. I didn't even give a single fuck about the bombs this weekend. Let that hell hole sink into the fucking pits of hell.

this

what is the fucking appeal?

everything is expensive, crowded, dirty, lots of darkies, etc

Don't live in NYC you dumb fucker.

Queens is crazy expensive unless you want to live in a nigger infested hole, same with Brooklyn.

That's not much smaller than some japanese and korean apartments, and they live perfectly fine.
The real issue would be having a toilet.

I spent about a month in South Korea and shared an 80sq ft apartment with two other dudes. Really wasn't that bad.

Fag

>the free market is bad
When did this place get filled with commies?

No one is saying the free market is bad. We're saying New Yorkers are the worst """"people"""" on earth.

Yes this includes Trump. Fuck him and his entire Jew loving family.

>living in an expensive city
>being poor

I dont get it, if you know you can't afford it, why bother ? If you are a student you can live on the campus or a little away and have free transport.

>williamsburg

Isnt that jew central?

>leahy

Close enough.

A lot of apartments have rent laws and grandfather clauses with them

This happens in all big cities. Here in Amsterdam the prices are going trough the roof.

>rents a closet
>complains about it

Silverspoon hipster central

Ftfy

Maybe 5 years ago.

It's mostly French people and finance bros now.

> Stamford

Uuuuh no ill do the outskirts of westchester

That is where every hipster cuck late night bowling bearded faggot is. Dont tell me

This, I don't get why you would live in New York unless you were a millionaire. I had a $450 a month apartment in Kansas a couple years ago, it had a bedroom, a living room, a kitchen/dining room and a bathroom, plus utilities were included. True it was fucking Kansas, but still living in a spacious area in bumfuck nowhere seems more appealing than living in a broom closet. Pic somewhat related.

80 sq ft with two other dudes? You may as well be in fucking jail... I still really want to live/work in Japan though. It seems like it could be maximum comfy when the weather isn't awful

T-that was mean user

nah theyre in bushwick or bed-stuy and probably go drinking in the remaining shit holes in williamsburg, but unless youve got rent control or live in a closet its too expensive.

lived in brooklyn for a few years.

Kansas city has google fiber, so it probably isn't all bad

>Williamsburg
>Jew central
Hm, I wonder who's profiting over this ripoff.

Na it's not that bad

Lol living in the Urban Jew
Not.
Even.
Once.

just dont fucking rent it

What a fucking retard, for that price he's better off buying an used truck an sleeping in it.

Eastern Kansas isn't bad at all, there's lots of stuff to do in and around Kansas City and Lawrence, but go west of Topeka and you're going to be bored to tears.

Imagine if he had $900.

youtu.be/Q4FoAr8i26g

Lel i pay 580 euro for 72 sqm

Muricans are so stupid

>American Correctional Association standards call for a minimum of 70 square feet in single cell housing. At least 35 square feet of that space must be unencumbered, meaning open floor space not covered by fixtures or furnishings.

IT'S LITERALLY BELLOW PRISON CELL STANDARDS.

I'm terrified of tornadoes so I could never live in Kansas. I live in Appalachia right now though, not too bad, pretty affordable.

>MUH NEW YORK

i pay 820 and i live in a condo... these people are really fucking stupid. im very happy he lives in a hole stupid people deserve nothing more

Is that why Anne Frank didn't move out

>Living in a perpetual terrorist target

>San Francisco Newcomer Pays $400 Rent To Live In A Box In Friend’s Apartment

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/03/29/peter-berkowitz-san-francisco-pod-living/

I pay 700 euros for 25 m^2 (gas, electricity, internet,taxes) included

Fuck off Connecticut is such a pussy state, how are the Hartford whalers doing BTW?

Add three people to his apartment and you would have prison standards.

At least he can fart without pissing off two people

>New Yorkers
>living in closets

Those are transplants, probably from bumfuck no where like you. Actual New Yorkers leave the city as soon as possible, especially to NJ and Arizona.

Was born in queens and lived there for years, underrated borough

>buy 5 acres of land for 5000$ in rural area
>build nice cabin / a-frame whatever
>take train to nyc for 50$ whenever

for 10 months worth of the rent that moron could live like a king with no monthly expenses, of course millenials couldn't do this because it requires actual work

Do you get to listen to the owners have sex?

Wow, that's cheaper than in Helsinki.

50m2 in the Helsinki centrum is about 2000€/month.

>tfw my mortgage is less than that

I would rather live in the bush for free.

>actual New Yorkers
>wanting anything to do with Jersey

I can atest to this.
Moving to the south next summer.

40 square FOOT you dumbass

glad someone else did the math too I was just about to post that
Imagine the house you could have for that much a month....
I can't believe people fall for the rental meme
it's sickening
fuck you could get a nice house around me in Pittsburgh for $450 a month if you put down a decent down payment

I live in Kansas City. My apartment complex doesn't have Google Fiber but its presence has forced other ISPs in the area to offer better service at reasonable prices so I still benefit. Anyways, I pay $900 per month for a 1050 sq ft 2BR/2BA unit in a quiet complex with lots of amenities and it's in a good part of town.

Fuck big coastal cities, I came here from one. Flyover states truly are the master race.

How many Dutch or Anglos are still even in the City?

this

More like to Florida and fuck up the housing market.

En maximaal lenen bij stufi zeker.

Succes met ooit onafhankelijk te worden

Same here paying $925 for 3 bed 3 bath duplex

What is it about New York that seems so enticing that young queermos like this guy are willing to live in a cramped, hilariously overpriced shit hole apartment just for the privilege of living there?

Fuck, where I'm at that place would probably rent for less than $100 (if someone was dumb or jewy enough to actually try and pass that off as an 'apartment' in the first place)

>i dun understood it so I dun like it!
t. flyoverstate redneck

Underrated post

This x1000 but they wont do it because NY is cool and mum and dad will support their nu-males at any cost.

Just needs a window to pee out of.

>making renovations and improvements on something you don't own

ur an idiot

Not many...its so sad there are people in my area with dutch names though which is pretty cool

Why would anyone want to live in New York?

Posting from NYC now and can confirm it's true. The only trouble is that you can't be a poorfag in NYC, which rules out almost all of Cred Forums.

>buy 5 acres of land for 5000$ in rural area

come on the USA ain't that cheap

No one dreams of living in a fucking box.

400. 40 would be 4 x 10 x 1 high

he also has to film it

Because when you're living in remote Kansas, there's almost nothing to do outside your apartment. When you live in NYC, almost all your life happens outside your apartment. It'd happier and more fun to get out of your small little rental box. Living in NYC is a deterrent against wasting your life by posting on imageboards too.

Fucking transplant scum

NEW YORK FOR NEW YORKERS

FUCK DEBLASIO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That looks really cozy man..except for that creepy ass mask in the middle wtf is that???

>It's worth paying a premium to live in a closet because of the wider selection of restaurants and all the diversity.

Good stay there, we're full.

>40 square FOOT you dumbass
mispprint

For 900 I rent a house three bedroom, 2 full bath, living room , huge family room ,laundry, half an acre of land, live near farms no bs.

Fuck the city

sure is, mostly desert land but i'll be buying some anyway

if you an get away with 1 acre $5000 is doable in a ton of states

A lot of farmers own 100s of acres and they will gladly take some cash to sell you a piece of wooded land they aren't using, if you go by what is actually on the market land is probably about 2.5k per acre here in upstate ny, if it's rural.

Nope, you can find land for that cheap in America. Go to landwatch.com and search for land in states like Wyoming, South Dakota, Montana etc. I just found a listing in Wyoming that has 35.1 acres for 18,900 burgers. That works out to 540/acre.

The problem is not the initial cost but taxes.
>Buy for $5000
>Pay $10,000 /yr for taxes
>Oh, pension plan underfunded? Let's add another $5,000 /yr
It happened in Cook County, property taxes have quadrupled in 18 years.

Wow that's a bargain!
Cuck sheds are twice more expensive in London!

vice.com/read/london-rental-opportunity-of-the-week-a-fucking-shed-a-shed-in-someones-front-room-987

I'm 24 and planning to move to NYC, but this looks like a great plan. Can I build an A-frame in a summer on my own? what would materials cost I'm a /fit/fag, so no problems there.

Holy fuck I wanna do this, are you sure I can get an acre for $1000?

trulia.com/property/3241391302--Sthwy-5s-Canajoharie-NY-13317

fuck me. You guys are lucky to live in that country. Make sure to not miss those opportunities.

Actually no a square meter is about 9 square feet so you will find that the apartment in the story is about double as expensive as what you described.

if you process the lumber yourself it's quite cheap

cryptic

>renting
>not owning a home
>2016

You're fucked for quite some time.

Here in WI, wife and I had an apartment in a historic building that was 700 sq. ft. with an awesome layout, 12 foot ceilings, and a sunroom for $395/month.

After 10 years, the landlord raised our rent to $425 and actually apologized for it.

Fuck NYC, you have to be mentally handicapped to live in a closet for that price and not even have a place to take a piss.

great music scene
bar sluts
great people watching
great architecture
lotta history
constant. fucking. stimulation.
I think the subway is fascinating (my dreamjob is route optimization for MTA)

I literally just listed prison standards for a 2 person cell.

Meme all you want, those are the actual standards.

Savage

Probably gets a lot of white tenants

Depends on the land and the area. Good farmland in a relatively temperate region is going to run anywhere from $4,000-$10,0000/acre

Woodlands, hilly ground, etc that isn't suitable for large scale farming but isn't desert can be found for less than that though.

>NYC
>making it
>not wanting to own a nice plot of land in the heartland of America
>not wanting to build YOUR own house
>not wanting to be surrounded by natural beauty on something that YOU own
>not wanting to be self sufficient and a property owner

A city boy can dream can he?

>This happens in all big cities. Here in Amsterdam the prices are going trough the roof.

Here in Amsterdam 2/3rd of homes are social rent.
It's affordable, but waiting lists are 10-20 years for anything near the center.

>wanting to live in a city

Big Ol' fuck no. Enjoy spending thousands of dollars for cuck shed rental to make your landlord rich. All for the right to be surrounded by niggers, crime, noise, pollution, and trash.

I'll take my beautiful, high income, 90% white valley

Or maybe you don't like living in shit. Sometimes if the landlord is cool they'll deduct the cost of renovations from the cost of rent.

>yankee problems

>great music scene
Shit hipster bands
>bar sluts
Not wife material
>great people watching
you mean full of degenerate trash
>great architecture
ugly glass buildings
>lotta history
that was paved over
>constant. fucking. stimulation.
drugs
>I think the subway is fascinating (my dreamjob is route optimization for MTA)
too poor for a car / shit traffic

Goto any fucking city small or big even any town and you will find bar sluts, and music. Music is a dime a dozen so are slots

>The pod, which measures 8 feet long, 3.5 feet wide and 4 feet tall, cost $1,300 to build.

>owning a home

You mean borrowing it from the (((((bank)))))?

You don't own shit until you payed of your mortgage.

That's becoming more of a historical thing though. The tillable acreage is getting incredibly expensive and generally only owned by wealthier farmers who have consolidated HUGE amounts of land.

The smaller recreational plots have mostly been bought out.... some remain but it's not like it was a decade ago. Most of the old farmers who had hundreds of acres became aware they could sell that land and retire as millionaires and did so.

This.

Once you live in the city of Woody Allen, Seinfield, Broadway and shit you are the goy that made it.

Now be happy, swipe chicks on Grinder on your latest Iphone, spend 20% of your paycheck on Starbucks and don't forget to vote Hillary.

Not anymore, demand shot up during the hipster epidemic to the point that only the richest hipsters could afford the rent hikes, normal hipsters got priced out and replaced by Wall Street guys and rich foreigners so they had to move to suburbs like Dobbs Ferry and Tarrytown.

Better than those weird fucks that live in tiny houses. At least this dude can leave his building and have amazing shit to do 24/7.

BTW, just realized wtf is wrong with all the Cred Forums angry hateful fucks. You have nothing to do in your shit flyover states but shitpost on here and get further radicalized in your views. maybe try moving to a city, polfucks. You might not be so angry all the time.

probably used organic fair trade non-gmo lumber

don't you legally have to have a full bathroom and kitchen to be considered an apartment or is NYC so degenerate that a walk in closet is considered an apartment?

>$450
sqft
Top kek.

countryside over wealth anyday.
a healthy mind and soul is worth a lot more than being cramped up surrounded by concrete and pollution and constantly stepping on others toes

Just find the shitty part of town and you can get a cheap place because no one else wants to live there. Remember to look and dress like trash though, so you fit in and don't get bothered. This has another benefit of getting you access to free food because when those free food people come around, they peg me as a person who needs it so I get care packages.

And waking up in the hospital because you got mugged is just a fringe benefit. I have a cool scar.

Uh actually you get 110 square meters from Ullanlinna for about 2k euros.

asunnot.oikotie.fi/vuokrattavat-asunnot/helsinki/13464042

TFW i live in 100 square meter two storey with 5000 square meters of own forest & bedrock, 20 minute car ride to Helsinki city center for 760 euros / month.

Williamsburg sucks, fuck that place

This guy gets it.

So living under a bridge or in a van down by the river is making it?

The sad thing is, that's actually a "good deal" in NYC. It's fucking crazy expensive there. And williamsburg is where all the hipster nu-males go (and pay massive rental fees to shlomo the hasidic jew who owns all the property)

I have no idea why these fucking people subject themselves to this. They've been tricked or deluded or whatever into thinking that they NEED to live in muh urban cultural center or else they're lower than dogshit. And so they throw everything away to live in these shitty tiny little apartments, even though for a similar amount they could get a decent place outside an urban area. But they're "living the dream".

What I don't understand is how all the hipsters afford to live there. Kek knows none of them have a job, or they're a starbucks barista at best. And on top of that, they are probably all down 100 grand in student loans from art school. So how in god's cock are they able to afford living in NYC? Same goes with San Francisco.

no, 40.

are you retarded? it literally says the measurements in the picture, 9 by 4.5 feet.

that's 40.5 and you round down in real estate, so 40.

Holy fuck you are stupid.

How retarded. A good decent sizable house used to cost like $70,000 in the 1950's but because of inflation they are more like $500,000-700,000, at least in my area.

You anons get it.

This retarded user does not.

I found a gf whose father is a billionaire, so I live in her fancy apartment. Not even joking. Life is good.

If you bought that same apartment it would easily be in the millions of dollars range.

Good luck buying that

New York, New York, big city of dreams.

ITT: jealous peasants who will never be able to afford a cosmopolitan lifestyle.

Any Mamaroneckfags here?

Dios mio¡ that's more expensive than Tokyo or Singapore

Square feet moron not cubed.

Peekskill here

Fellow kansas city bro

Midwest states are best states

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about or are old. I agree Manhattan is the only place to be, young people only want to be on Brooklyn. Brooklyn is more expensive than Manhattan bc hipsters feel sorry for you. Times have sadly changed

>living in the original DUDE WEED LMAO country

yeah i can totally see myself growing to love breathing in toxic shit, surrounded by noise, niggers and bombs

ill keep my secluded 15 acres tnx

Anyone ever done this or know anyone who has?

>Get STEM/other useful degree
>Take job in city that pays six figures
>Get shitty closet apartment for peanuts/mo
>live frugally AF, commute via public transit, live only to work, etc
>Stick ever free penny into investments for 10-15 years
>Buy $120,000 home in small town midwest
>Live off savings/investments and never work again.

Just bought 160 acres of oak tree covered mountain land in California at 2,500 ft ASL for a mere $150K.

Suck it.

>chicks
>grinder

annon...

Like I said: jealous.

Shitskin detected

why is the toilet backward

no
I remember we I went to your country there were signs everywhere warning about pick pockets

>just happy to be in New York

Why do these fucking people exist? How could you ever want to live in a shit hole ManHive like New York?

>majority niggers
>high crime
>ugly, dirty, trash everywhere
>literally everything is expensive
>live in a tiny shoebox owned by a jew landlord
>no yard
>everyone is a hipster nu-male cuck

B-BUT AT LEAST MUH URBAN CULTURE (read: bars) IS NEARBY

"suburbs are lame and the city is where it's at!" is the biggest lie and most fraudulent meme ever pushed upon the american public.

Living in a box is not the kind of lifestyle I would enjoy.

New York City is fucking gay and anyone who wants to live there is a massive tool or a penis -snipping kike.

You automatically lose 30 IQ points if you unironically own any "I [heart symbol] NY" merchandise.

I lived in city before. All it did was redpilled me on how shitty leftist scum and Shitskins are.

I was never into media, can you explain why living in NYC = made it?

Like A-Z explanation.

Is it as simple as high prices all around or some shit? Why does it matter where you live if you're making a killing?

I lived in San Francisco for 3 years and then moved to flyover country because I hated SF so much.

You can take your big city ideals and shove it.

>So how in god's cock are they able to afford living in NYC?

They get money from their parents, but that isn't enough.

Most of them are doing deficit spending while they hope to find real jobs.

at that point why not just live in central park and use a 24hr gym for free wifi and showers?

To those of us that live in rural areas, that cosmopolitan lifestyle sounds like a nightmare.

>The only trouble is that you have to be one of G-d's chosen people in NYC, which rules out almost all of Cred Forums.

ftfy

>muh stuff to do
>muh ethnic food

>"I [heart symbol] NY"
That's only for tourists, primarily tourists from the Midwest. It's literally a tourism campaign that was started in the late 1970s to help pull NYC out of an economic mess. It succeeded magnificently and now NYC is a thriving and spectacular city, funded in part by tourists coming from much shittier parts of the country to leave their dollars in NYC.

Your provincialism is showing.

He's trapped in a year lease isn't he?

>Tfw my Jew landlord hasn't found someone to take over for me at the end of this month and has begged me to stay
>I'll even lower the rent!
>Tells me the price per day, it's a savings of $4/month

I should of laughed in her face, but I politely told her no.

This. I've been to plenty of big city bars, they just can't compare to local pubs and breweries.

I love going down to my local brew pub with some friends, getting some delicious pints and tasty food, listening to good music and having interesting conversation. Absolutely cozy.

I don't need to go to some pitch black nightclub with flashing lights that serve 10 dollar mixed drinks while blaring garbage music. When I was in college, the parties my frat would throw were 10 times better than any nightclub.

Literally every selling point for cities is rubbish

>>So how in god's cock are they able to afford living in NYC?

Gay prostitutes for elite sex parties

Damn bro that looks comfy as fuck, where at?

>ftfy
You're confused. NYC is not a monoculture. Clearly you can't even comprehend a society in which not everyone is the same as all your second-cousins sharing a goat-fucking, beer-swilling little mountain village together.

when they do PSF its per year.
thats dirt cheap.. so dirt cheap I think they used one of those craigslist scam ads as a comp

>I remember we I went to your country

And I remember I went to your.....oh, wait, why on earth would anyone visit your shithole?

de jood heeft je bij je pietje

I rented 650euro for 200m2

Can you even buy weed legally anymore? Isn't it just in Amsterdam and certain bars? I thought they've cracked down on it even more recently.

315 Bypass Plaza Dr, Frankfort, KY 40601

Nice spot and nice doubles

Contemplating moving to NYC, what borough should I look in?
The Bronx and Queens seemed kinda iffy,could be wrong, didn't see much of those 2 boroughs

>le tigre

feminist nu-male cuck detected

Ugh, cosmopolitan life

>SF
There's your problem

This user makes a relevant point...why the fuck do all you pol fuckers get so up in arms over terrorism that occurs in NYC when you seem to hate everyone that lives there, obviously dont share the same values and have no understanding of why people would even live there...maybe Cred Forums and ISIS should join forces...

J E A L O U S
E
A
L
O
U
S

Stay poor.

>oh, wait, why on earth would anyone visit your shithole?

Maybe because it's the strongest, wealthiest, and most influential nation on earth? I'm just taking a shot in the dark here...

I could name literally any city and you would say the same thing.

>Hurr durr (insert city here) there is your problem

It really does.

I'd have to get offered at least $500,000/year to consider living in a major metro area... and even then I'd only do it a few years to save up and move back out to the country.

These city people act like they're living in penthouse suites and going to millionaire parties and high end restaurants every weekend. Unless you're a highly paid executive or movie star or something.... you're not doing that. No way you could afford it.

In the meantime I have 40 acres, a 2400sq ft house... all paid for. I work for myself and I have complete freedom. I don't even have to look at another person unless I want to, it's fucking great.

Oh, I've been to L.A.

Just not to whatever bumbfuck town he lives in.

bought 3.5 acres on a dead end street in northern NY that has a detach 2 bay garage with 120v of juice, on top of the 2 bed room house.

paid less than 50k.

>why the fuck do all you pol fuckers get so up in arms over terrorism that occurs in NYC when you seem to hate everyone that lives there

Because I want muslims out

Gee, it's almost like there are too many people in the world right now.

Don't you dare slow it down though. If you don't have high birth rates, you're over as a civilization.

That is what they're pushing on us. I'm pretty sure we could slow down or cut almost right off for a generation or two.

Protip: Nature always wins, no matter how much money you want to make.

>healthy and sound mind
>is on Cred Forums

A lot of media companies (Like Vice and the now defunct Gawker) pay their contract/temp/intern/entry/etc employees with the "privilege" of working there, while making money from their slave labor. So they're usually getting money from their parents to afford that fancy loft or even a low-tier shitball apartment to afford to live in New York.

It's the "cool" thing to do. Suggesting that they're being used just gets you accused of jealousy.

I did that.

Except I bought the 225 k home and I still have to work. Hopefully for not much longer.

T. 32yo stem major who hates consumerism

>The only trouble is that you can't be a poorfag in NYC, which rules out almost all of Cred Forums.
Haven't you ever been in the 'how much does Cred Forums make' threads?

Everyone here either earns more than $150k/year or is a professional chef at Wendy's

u can get any kinda food pretty much anywhere tho

> 2016

Holy shit is land expansive in the USA. You can get 100 acres of land for a real pittance here.

Even that blows my mind though. I mean, there must be hundreds of thousands of jobless/underemployed hipsters leeching off their parents and living in brooklyn. But it's _so_fucking_expensive_ that I can't imagine someone's parents actually being complicit. What sort of parent would willingly put up hundreds of thousands of dollars over time to have their 20-something-year-old hipster manchild live in a state of permanent adolescence while LARPing as a painter or whatever?

Exactly. I had to live in Philly for a while due to school. Once the novelty of living in a city wore off after the first month, I fucking hated it. I felt claustrophobic and isolated due to being surrounded by hipsters, niggers, muzzies, etc. And all the other students and people my age talked about how awesome and culture-filled the city was, and it just felt like everyone was putting on a fucking facade - as if this was how you were "supposed" to think.

And all the same, I grew up in a small college town that had everything I need. Plenty of "nightlife" on campus and main street and all that. Plenty of lively bars and such.

>Le Tigre record
"Le Tigre is known for its left-wing sociopolitical lyrics, dealing with issues of feminism and the LGBT community."

That cuck enjoys living in his cuck cube.

LA is a giant shithole
I live in Coronado

so you can use the tank as a little desk, to read and stuff

I was gonna do that except i skipped ahead and worked in the midwest because I hated the big city so much.

>Your provincialism is showing.

This is another reason why New York City sucks fat dick.

Residents have their heads so far up their own asses that they act glib toward anyone who doesn't want to live in their trash-strewn nigger-infested concrete labyrinth.

I don't care if you saw Anderson butt-fucking Cooper while you were shuffling to work at some faggy corner restaurant.

I don't care if your idea of culture is watching a half-naked man in a cowboy hat play a guitar badly in public.

I don't care that you're inundated by faggy broadway musicals and gay pride rallies produced by kikes.

You could not pay me to live in that shitty-ass city.

>hurr durr the rent is insane, so just buy a home in a completely different location!
You're comparing apples to oranges. Compare Pittsburgh rents to Pittsburgh mortgages, not Pittsburgh mortgages to New York City Rents.
Renting is a perfectly fine economic decision in many situations. Which is why there is a fucking market for it.

>professional chef at Wendy's
God I'm so jealous of those guys.
I have to work at Taco Bell because I'm only 6'2" and my cock is only 8 inches long.
The 80k a year salary is pathetic, kill me.

>>mfw i realize it's not 40 square meters, it's square feet
Same. At first I thought "hey that's pretty good", then I realized it's like 1/4 the size of the dump I live in now

Poorfag in NYC here

Gotta hold on to these apartments for generations

Says the dutchfag.

I have no comment on what life in european cities is like. They actually sound nice and comfy, because you're actually surrounded by your own kinsmen.

but in america, cities are filthy and full of niggers. They're literally all filled with niggers or some other shitty minority like beaners. I cannot emphasize this point enough.

>Coronado

Literally what?

Never heard of it, don't care though.

That is such a load of horseshit.

You live in a rinkydink ass apartment, alone, so you can what? Be surrounded by crime and loud as fuck noises 24/7?

>the dream

Sounds like a fucking nightmare. Give me a log cabin away from that mess.

Not even a new yorker but I bet you live in some fly over state. You'll never understand. You probably think olive garden is fine dining.

>fucking leahy

What do you do for work? I've always wanted to move out into the middle of the country from New Jersey.

Why do you care tho?

I don't live in NY. I don't plan on going to NY.

Somebody actually gives a fuck if they live in NY? Why?

Only livable town in Southern California

The big city I worked aND lived frugally in was NYC. They are the scum of the earth and no words can describe what complete and utter pieces of shit new yorkers are.

>Don't worry, life is much better when you walk out of your shoebox!
>Bums, terrorists, human sized rats, and the smell of piss and feces are just feet away!
>Get your very own suicide booth for just $450 a month!

They have very feminine penises, user.

Might as well live in a van at that point.

Are anteater mouths floppy?

I keep picturing how easy that snout would be to snap and it's not happy, chaps.

If I were ever to live in NYC, it'd be Staten Island

It's not really overcrowded, there is so much empty land in the USA.
They herd people into cities to give the illusion of overcrowding and sell te scarcity meme.

One of the hotels near Central Park has this old guy who came with the building after it was converted from an apartment complex. He apparently rides the elevators all day in his bathrobe and talks to people. Gets free maid and room service. They even updated his apartment for him.

I guess they're just waiting for him to die so they can start renting out his place.

Not our fault you're dumb enough to live in a isolated, dune smelling hole with shitty wifi and only your over weight sister to fuck.

>LA is a giant shithole

Wasn't too bad.
Apartment came with a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, tennis court and gym.

>he forgot about the kikes, everywhere

>says he is just happy to be there
>user thinks this is complaining
Illiteracy in America

Good goy.

>i can't articulate why living in an urban nigger-infested rat's nest with an appallingly high cost of living is good, so i'm going to make some dumb, dismissive comment about a chain restaurant and hope you don't reply

:^)

I lived in nyc for 4 months and it was interesting as fuck, but I also hated all of the people there and it sucked as well. Still interesting. I'm glad i got out of there after 4 months and wasn't paying rent for any longer or seeing shit people.

I should say it was Orange County, not down town L.A.

Found a nice studio apartment near my home

only $1500 a month

Wait why am I arguing this?

YEAH THE CITY IS SO MUCH BETTER GUYS. GOSH I SURE DO WISH I COULD LIVE IN THAT GREAT NEW YORK CITY.

YOU'D BE CRAZY TO BUY CHEAP LAND AND HOUSING IN ALL THESE SHITTY FLYOVER STATES. BETTER STAY WHERE YOU ARE, YOU'RE LIVING THE DREAM.

Most new yorkers are also extremely ignorant. I've met people from queens who'd never even been to manhattan and vice versa. But they were """SURE""" new york was the greatest city in the world, and anybody who disagreed with them could fuck off (but they wouldn't actually raise a fist because new yorkers are actually gigantic pussie all talk)

Jesus that can buy a really nice 1 bedroom apartment with full kitchen and living room where I live

>Apartment came with a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, tennis court and gym.
Wow
Do yuropoors actually think this is impressive?

No idea what you're talking about, I live in Queens and I'm in midtown manhattan in 20minutes by train, also the rents are sky high in most parts of Queens. I'd rather live in Queens than Manhattan, easier to get around, I can own a fuckin car, better restaurant choices, and I actually know my fuckin faggot ass neighbors. I'm paying $2,650 for a 1 bedroom apartment in a private home, have a balcony and it's fuckin around 850sq ft, washer dryer etc. oh yea, and groceries are a lot cheaper in Queens than Manhattan, we're talking so much so, people ride the subway into Queens to buy groceries from Manhattan. The few years I lived in Manhattan were pure faggotry, I'm talking all my neighbors were degenerates for the most part, and I was paying over 5k for rent, wasn't some shithole apartment buildings either.

i dont even have a box i want a box!

If you're a young single guy and living in the suburbs you're doing it wrong. The suburbs are where you go to either raise a family or wait to die. You're wasting the prime of your youth melting away in the burbs seeing the same people every day, going to the same places to eat, hanging out with the same group of losers.

Basically this. But the bias develops because it's very easy to love the place.

The US is an incredibly wealthy country and a tiny fraction of kids have massive trust funds. It's a weird bubble and like no other place I've ever lived. Usually, these trust fund kids' parents will buy a property for investment and let their little darling live in it while its value goes up, even when they could be getting $10,000 a month in rent for the place. Then the trust-fund kids will get a weekly allowance and perhaps also work one day a week at an artisal pickle-making store or a glam bar in Williamsburg. Everything else adds up pretty easily, since the subway and food are relatively cheap. This isn't LARPing -- it creates a foundation where kids can focus on their band or their art show or their restaurant concept, and often this turns into legitimately good creative endeavors, which translates into life success (though some just drift through their twenties and end up doing not much). It's a very easy and privileged life. You sound a bit mad that it isn't accessible to you.

I guess I should've put ((( ))) around 'human sized rats'

>Mfw $1500 a month can rent you a 3-4 bedroom 2 bath full sized family home in my area

So not LA

This, Genghis Khan had the right idea.

>Leahy

U fucking wot m8?

Have you need following the thread at all?

Everybody seems to believe that all big city apartments are tiny shoe boxes.

Dude .. the difference is that prisoners get paid ..

So what do you folks do on a Friday night if you live in the bumblefucks of flyover america?

Me, I live in a city, so my Friday night is usually...
>Go out to a nice dinner at any one of the 100s of amazing restaurants within walking distance
>Get cocktails at any of the 100s of various bars within walking distance
>Go see live music or sporting event, usually about 10 decent options to choose from
>Return to a bar, if I'm single probably meat market with 100s of hot grills I will literally never see again in my life unless I want to breed them
>Walk home drunk and happy, often with some young slut to blow me

They pretty much are unless you make tons of cash

>full of niggers begging and trying to rob you
>full of Muslims always plotting on how to kill as many infidels
>smells like shit
>crowded as fuck
>everything is expensive as fuck
Doesn't sound like a dream to me

except that you lived in the suburbs

True. I know someone who lives in a rent-controlled place that's somehow was passed to them by their parent. It's in Chelsea and they pay something like $200 a month. Their are plenty of people who bought places in the 70s or 80s for not much and now continue living in them, even they they're poor, just because it gives them a good life in NYC. Then one day they'll retire off the millions they'll get from selling the place.

Americans call Overijssel Amsterdam.
We call The OC Los Angeles.

>make 9k a month
>my living costs are 3k, including my mortgage payments
>comparable living (3500 sq feet) in New York would be fucking millions.

I live like a king and have plenty of money to spare while the city dwellers live like peasants.
This is literally like a beggar saying I criticize his lifestyle because I am jealous.

Your actions are your own punishment, have fun with your niggers

Yea log a cabin sounds like the dream

Oh, what a treat

1000sq ft apartment for only 4.3k a month

Reasons? Stories?

>unless you make tons of cash

TADA!!!!!!!
That's my point, poorfag.

Peasants - they really are this dumb.

You can literally buy a castle in the country for the price of a cramped New York apartment.

Well its not

w-woah
this is the power of urban living...

They don't do anything. Have you seen people from the suburbs? Once they hit 25 they turn into old people. They'll sit inside on a friday night watching TV/Internet then go to bed at 9pm. They live pathetic simple lives.

>all this hating on cities by virgins in their mother's basements
London is an absolutely incredible city, an absolute cultural gem with so much to see and do that it's crazy.

The food costs the exact same as it did in my sleepy fucking home village deadzone, rent is the same as the shitty no jobs town next to it (Protip: Don't move to London and try and live in the centre you fucking retards), entertainment is often much cheaper and actual quality - going to the cinema costs you a fiver in London anywhere outside the centre.

The people have conversations that are actually interesting, have a semblance of intelligence and will often help you find even more off the beaten track things to do and see. I'm not even an artist but I'm invited to basically all the arts events in my area, for absolutely nothing. I meet people offering me jobs, sex, introductions to hard to meet people in my actual field. I've been to clubs playing all kinds of music, and by clubs I mean the more classic sit down variety where a band plays not the shit EDM kind.

London will only be shit for you if you can't talk to people because you're retarded, or you think that a job at fucking McDonalds is enough to live anywhere but Hicksville at a reasonable standard of living.

It's status by proxy. People feel the need to be where the wealthy, elite, and the hip live so they can feel like that themselves. Some people are trapped there in the nightmare though.

>wagecuck
>calls me poor

>that webm
so long, no fap...

This, I feel trapped in NYC and I couldn't imagine moving somewhere else and finding a job there.

I call that LARPing because of all the hipsters that do that, only a tiny tiny fraction actually end up producing "legitimately good creative endeavors" and "life success"

>You sound a bit mad that it isn't accessible to you.
But user, it was accessible to me. I've lived the urban life, begrudgingly. I do not like it. Not because of sour grapes, but because it's legitimately shit.

>mfw people are getting angry and replying to this guy for real

Cred Forums contain your autism and learn some sarcasm.

And even most the the nice areas in big cities are full of foreigners and other nouveau riche trash

That's not an apartment you fucking faggot, look at the layout

Not far from bigger cities. 45 min. to Louisville. 45 to Lexington.

Why do people like you exist? I remember being depressed as fuck living with my grandparents on their ranch. Never again desu.

That's probably the bedbug special.

This. It's the root cause of all the problems of American cities, and if we just went full fucking Moonman on them the country would be better off.
>niggers and beaners move into a city
>whites NOPE the fuck out to the suburbs but still commute in to the city for work
>Democrats take over the cities because they're all dens of shitskins who would rather light themselves on fire than vote Republican
>now the city still has to maintain all the infrastructure but with a tiny fraction of the tax budget, because niggers and beaners don't build intergenerational wealth and social mobility like whites and asians do
>up go the taxes and fees and deficit spending
>this pushes more businesses out into the suburbs, and draws more whites with them
>any increases to the city budget are immediately diverted to paying off the pension fund or more gibs for the niggers and beaners
>schools with more than 10% nigger students are effectively jails and/or war zones so nobody's getting the education they need to break the cycle of poverty
>rinse and repeat for 60 fucking years
American cities have great potential - locations near water transport usually make for nice geography, 25% of world GDP should provide plenty of good jobs, our culture and entertainment draws the best from all over the world to contribute, our architects can create some of the most beautiful buildings in the world, and the sheer mass of wealth they can bring to bear on a problem should give our major cities public transport, schools, etc. that are the envy of the entire world.
BUT NO. ALL THAT FUCKING MONEY GOES TO FEEDING, CLOTHING, HOUSING, SCHOOLING, SHOOTING, AND JAILING SOME DUMB FUCKING NOGS AND BEANERS SO THEY CAN GROW UP TO VOTE DEMOCRAT AND KEEP THE SLIMEBALLS WHO ENABLED THIS SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE TO RETAIN POWER. I AM PLUTONIUM MAD.

When I lived in the sticks I'd start a campfire and invite people over. We would drink beer, grill food, tell jokes and stories, look at the stars, and shoot the shit till the fire died down.

Depending on my mood after I got off of work I would also pack up and go for a trip somewhere and go camping and hiking.

>tfw Parents bought a house when they came here for 250k
>tfw they spent 100k on renovations
>tfw housing bubble popped
>tfw its worth 1 million+ (Gotten offers of almost 5 million)

Where's The Gimp?
Sleeping!? Go wake him up!

Have a family
Hike in the mountains
Shoot guns
Go to they lake

What is there to do in the city?

Says loft space for live/work in the description.

City dweller BTFO

Yep. I'm still bitter about my parents bringing me up in Londonstan. We had to move so many times because of fucking insane rent. Tons of muzzies and assorted shitskins everywhere. When we took trips to the countryside or abroad I realized what being alive felt like. We had so many opportunities to just gtfo of that dank, crowded shithole.

But at least now I can feel comfy in my little Cornish town. Cheap as fuck, beautiful, got a few acres of land, white people everywhere. It's how life is supposed to be.

Exactly. But it's just a shame because there are all these people living shitty lives by objective metrics, but they do so because they've been tricked into thinking that cool people live in cities and they're trash if they live anywhere else.

Hell, just look at the people living in San Fran who pay thousands each month for a closet apartment shared 5 ways. To subject yourself to that...

ITT: Angry virgins that still live with their parents in their hometowns, waiting their 20's away in the boring as fuck suburbs watching life pass them by. Grown ass "men" that still haven't left mommys comfort, still are scared to leave the comfort of their hometown (people might be DIFFERENT outside my world!).

Pathetic, fat, virgin manbabies....

Enjoy your STDs, It's hilarious you claim spending some time with yourself is a bad thing. You're either 18, a NEET pretending to be someone they would like to be, or a shitposter trying to rile people up.

I could literally buy a house in some parts of the country for 1500$, and it wouldn't be complete shit either, fucking burgers

NYC sucks. Lived there for two years. You'd have to pay me to go back.

40m2=430 ft2, no comparison.

And it's clearly a space used for offices, homes don't come open plan like that

Live is a suggestion but I bet it doesn't have the right facilities even to live in

t. Londonistan resident who pays 1000£ a year for his 10 square of mosque.

Id live there seems comfy

>look everyone, I'm projecting!
I've probably lived in more time zones than you've lived in neighborhoods in your city and you would have to pay me at least $250k a year to move back to a major city.

but doesn't it suck to be so dependent on someone ?

You can tell the people complaining about "niggers" have never been to a city. A city is just like any other place. You have your rich neighborhoods, middle class neighborhoods and low class/ghetto neighborhoods. I know your small arbys roast beef sandwich eating brain finds this concept hard to understand.

t. a ruralfag who thinks people are stupid for not wanting to live like him

That sounds nice and all but I would probably get bored and kill myself within months if that was all there was to do.
I grew up in the country and left as soon as I could. Maybe I'll get to the burbs one day, but can't imagine going back to the styx. I work too hard to have nothing to do when I actually dont have to work.

I've seen quite a few kids create success from these circumstances, but this success is also because they have everything incredibly easy and have financial support from mummy and daddy and the knowledge that if they take a risk and fail, they'll never fall far.

It's cool that you know what you like. For me, living well in NYC is amazing, but I'd never live here while poor.

Exactly. My grandparents were born and raised in Philly, and my father was born and lived there for about a decade as well. But in the 60s, they all fled out to the suburbs because all the niggers flooded in. Whites basically had to give up the city as a lost cause, even though it's the perfect location for commerce.

Life in philly, from what I've been told, used to be great. People had comfy lives in row homes with small yards that weren't ridiculously expensive and their neighbors were all white (and hell, you even had neighborhoods of poles, italians, irish, etc) and you actually knew your neighbors and felt at home.

That is something I will NEVER experience.

>muh stuff to do
>muh restaurants

>Bulgaria
>not shit

Honestly, it does a bit. I've sacrificed some independence for my own comfort. It gives her more control than I would like, but it also allows me to put my time and money into stuff that will benefit me a long way in the future, so on balance I feel I come out ahead.

That's because you live in a 3rd world country. I can also travel to zimbabwe and get a mansion for 20 bucks.

>go looking for apartments
>3 bed 2 bath, $1200
>1 bed 1 bath $900
>2 bed 1 bath $1100

>go looking for houses for rent
>4 bed 2 bath, gated community, full fenced backyard, three car garage, gameroom, partially furnished, pool access, club house access, free lawncare service, pets welcome
>$950

Jews, are you even trying anymore?

Ok mr 1% tell us how rich your mummy and daddy are.

First thing I saw too

You don't live in Queens then. .. queens is the last real nyc

>get some beer, food, camping gear
>Drive out into the back 40
>Drink, cook something over a fire
>Fuck my wife under the stars

Or drive into a nearby town because I have 100s of restaurants I can go to that are really good and cost less than $50 for two. If I wanted there's a bar in walking distance.... beer is going to be maybe $1.50

I can go out to the lake and borrow my friend's speedboat... for fun or fishing.

I can go hunting, or just shoot trap or targets from my back yard.

There's always an outdoor event nearby on the weekends in the summer.

Or if we really want to drive an hour into a major city, but we don't do that often. There's not much worthwhile there at least for us.

What these suburbanites don't realize is most of us were not born in the city. I lived in small/medium sized towns the majority of my youth. I got the fuck out and moved to a city as soon as I could afford it. I have lived BOTH lives, and the city wins hands down when you're going. You have to hustle though, its a fast life. I would probably blow my head off having to go back to the boring slow paced life of the suburbs.

Living in the city for school was insufferable because literally everyone wanted to blow money on restaurants and other shit 6-7 times a week because "lol student loans xD" and because they had no concept of fiscal responsibility. So I was the only one who actually wanted to not eat out every fucking night and instead cook my own food for cheap.

As someone who lives in NYC this is such bullshit

>not having a cuck box in your living room

I don't need other people to make my fun for me.

I go to the local grocery store and make myself delicious dinner from fresh local ingredients, Whatever I want I can make. There are bars in town, and amazing brew pubs. There is fishing, hunting, camping, golfing, etc. all close.

I actually have hobbies, so I don't need establishments all over the place with expensive, flashy garbage "entertainment". I tie my own fly fishing lures, I work on nice classic cars (that I can afford because I don't spend 10 grand a month for a cuck shed) I home brew beer, I use wood tools to make custom stocks for my firearm collection.

I actually have an interesting life. I don't need to live in a city and pay people to make my life appear interesting

Lots of people live in one-room/studio apartments in big cities in the US, especially in NYC

Honestly the 40s through early 60s, for all they're lionized, contained the seeds of some incredibly stupid decisions.
>hey guys let's rip up all the streetcars and interurbans for more highways, what could go wrong :DDD
>hey guys let's let the blacks in to our cities and neighborhoods, what could go wrong :DDD
>hey guys let's normalize trade relations with a billion starving peasant gommies and remove tariffs, what could go wrong :DDD
>hey guys let's give up on Vietnam and castrate public perception of our military for generations, what could go wrong :DDD

100's of resuturants, so applebees, olive garden, golden corral, taco bell lol

You live a mediocre life dude, deal with it.There are only so many times you can go out camping/hunting/shooting until it gets repetitive. That lifestyle would be alright if you were 45 - 50 years old. In your 20's? No thanks.....

You realize all highway exits aren't towns right?