Is foodservice degenerate?

I am convinced it is. Don't get me wrong some people I've met who work in food service are bro tier and not degenerate but the whole concept of food service is degenerate.
>Pay someone to cook you a meal
>Cook, a survival skill

The people who I've ran across who work in food service who aren't bro tier come off as degenerate, tattoos, in a haze like they've smoked weed before job. And lets face it, if you cook are you doing something I can't do myself?

being able to make food edible is a survival skill
being able to turn food into luxury items in not a vitally needed survival skill.

If you don't want someone making your food then that's your prerogative. Nothing of substance here

So you're asking them to do it for you for (((((((((((free))))))))))?

Fuck off faggot, go cook your own meals then you shitter.

Do you always have time and energy to cook all of your meals yourself?

No? You get someone to do that for you, sometimes.

Yes? Go ahead and cook for yourself or mix that in with some trips to a different cook.

There's nothing degenerate about being assisted. Humans are social creatures, they are meant to collaborate.

While that is true I think foodservice ie mcdonalds, burger king, any fast food place seems degenerate when you pay more for food then what you could make yourself of the same money, and healthier too. If more people actually made their own food instead of just having someone make fastfood shit society would become less lazier in the smallest way hence less degenerate.

ur moms degenerate

>Pay someone to X you Y
>X, a survival skill

This ain't 10,000BC anymore m80.

Do you do all your surgery and dental work yourself?

>pay someone to farm animals so you can eat meat

Why not just farm those animals yourself? You a degenerate?

Idk man, McD is pretty cheap. It'd be hard to make food of the equivalent price. They buy their ingredients in such large amounts and already have the infrastructure to cook it all. So if you add up the cost of ingredients, the cost of the cooking supplies, (pans, ovens, plates, knives, boards, spices etc.), the cost of ingredients, (wheat flour, ground beef, fresh produce, etc.) and the cost of time (cooking the meal, driving to the store, cleaning up etc.) you can see why some people chose to have some of their meals prepared for them. Also your argument is retarded

>when you pay more for food then what you could make yourself of the same money

yea guess what same thing applies to everything you buy. It's called a profit margin. Make your own iphone, build your own house, also go fuck yourself.

You pay people to do the things you don't wanna do.

You can do anything anyone else can, but you don't always have the time to, or don't want to, so you pay someone else.

How the hell is this hard for you to understand?

Both farming and surgery/dental work are skills and require training. The average person can cook something like what you'd get out of fast food without serious training. So yeah farmers and dental people work isn't degenerate.

Believe it or not, there are other things besides your greasy fast food, burgerbro. A professional chef requires training.

No not really, if you bulk buy basic ingridients like rice, beans exc. fast food becomes more expensive. And if your living on your own how the fuck don't you have equipment to do basic cooking. What are you going to do? Eat mcdonalds every day? no. Cost of time is also debateable.

There's a lot of skill that goes on behind the scenes to bring you that burger.

I thought Americans were taught about the "history of burger building" in primary school?

>he eats beans and rice every day

BUILD

Keep moving those goalposts, user.

You're not paying for the food at McDonald's; you're paying for the convenience. I can't cook a hot meal while at work. Sometimes I'm tired/don't feel like cooking after work and would prefer to just grab something quickly. Is eating there every day degenerate? No, it's just stupid and bad for you.

i'm sure you don't view your local pizza joint as degenerate, but they sell the same shit. Burgers, fries, shakes, etc. McDonald's just has an economy of scale that baffles most people.

If I go to an actual restaurant, I'm paying for the food, atmosphere, and service.

This thread is stupid, and its topic makes me feel like you're unemployed and just hanging around opining on shit nobody cares or thinks about.

>While that is true I think foodservice ie mcdonalds, burger king, any fast food place seems degenerate when you pay more for food then what you could make yourself of the same money

That's not actually true at all.

I don't know where this idea comes from that you can make equal quality food as mcdonalds for the same price or less at home. You can't. They have an entire supply chain built up to supply the cheapest and crappiest 'food' possible. The best you can do from a supermarket is get the equivalent crap for a higher price.

You can definitely eat cheaper though - but it involves living off beans and similar shit you'll get tired of after a single week.

If you want diverse, healthy and nutritious food, you pay for it. It's not cheap, it's more expensive than fast food, but it's substantially better for you.

well he did say mcd and bgk so that's why I mentioned meat. I also never said that fast food is cheaper, I simply mentioned the costs of the alternative.

>The best you can do from a supermarket is get the equivalent crap for a higher price.

What the fuck canada? In Australia you can make 4 delicious burgers with proper salad for the price of a mcdogshit meal.

Just go to restaurants where you pay first and they have a tipjar you can safely ignore.

>Implying food service is not meant to allow a middle class white family the luxury of sitting together at a table under god while professional cooks prep food that will bond the family through a palatable sensory explosion reminiscent of successful hunts or harvests of yore

What are you, a nigger whose momma left you TV dinners while she went to be pimped by tyrone?

>wife tends a garden in the summer and the greenhouse in the winter.
>I hunt all our meat.
>teaching our kids how to grow herbs and spices

It's imparative that any self respecting man know how to feed themselves without the need of a grocery store.

No you can't

>Burger rolls (6 pack) $2
>Beef Mince (1kg) $8
>Lettuce (1 head) $2
>Spices/salt & pepper to season beef $1.50
>Sauces $0.50
>Cheese $1

Total: $15 / 4 = $3.75

Typical equivalent burger from maccas will cost you around $6 in Aus.

Ah fuck I should have checked the flag before putting so much effort in.

Have this OC for your effort

I've worked in food service and every chef I've met drinks like a fish, swears like a sailor and pigs out on greasy fast food(even the ones from fine dining). I guess in that sense it is degenerate - but even then, they all took cleanliness very seriously b/c they had experience with health inspectors.

But it's not just cooking you're paying for, there's also gathering the ingredients(also a basic survival skill) and cleaning up(this too), keep in mind, back in the day hunters fed the gatherers and vice versa, cooperation in the foundation of society. Unless you're a complete degenerate who never moves, it's perfectly fine to avoid that hassle and frustration and wasted energy in exchange for a few shekels.

Yeah, man. Division of labor is degenerate. Now why don't you move out to the fucking Amazon and live out your non-degenerate caveman lifestyle while the rest of us try to save civilization.

Womyns gather da herb n men hunt

have you seen chef?