Be a good programmer

>Be a good programmer
>Irritated that all news-sites are horribly biased
>Could easily make my own site.

Imagine a news-site with only facts.
>In this place this thing is getting built
>This scientist did this thing
>A fire happened here due to this and it spread like this
>The police caught a guy, we know he did this/this, wore these clothes and looked like this, happened here.
>Everything is tagged so you could search for example "Hillary" and only get a list of factual news about her.
>Could even do searches like "Suspect ethnicity black" etc.

Making a site is fucking easy, but how the fuck do I get enough people helping me gather factual news without throwing cash at them?

Other urls found in this thread:

theweek.com/articles/624536/breitbart-france
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck you

What?

That's the thing, that with the internet and your programming you could create algorithms that would crawl web and so you would only need a small handful of people to run the site. News has a running meme that it's important to have a journalist first on the scene, and the smoke and mirrors of that is to get you the truth the fastest, but it's actually for ratings. The time difference is less important in the transition to digital media as opposed to mass TV watching, and in fact will happen whether you create your site or not.

You can make a site that aggregates news from news aggregators.

"Algorithms" is a heavy word for what in the beginning could simply be a Selenium script feeding me and 3-4 other guys news that we then sort and republish with only facts.

See response,

Omni din jävla skojare

Jäklar. Honestly relieved I don't have to do it myself. Thanks a fucking ton now I won't have to look at only clickbaity lefty stuff or niche sites.

Fan va skönt broder. Rapporterar de om allt typ eller?

Yeah but I just had the realization that you would probably end up in a fantasy land of news tailored to you. I know, it's so obvious, that's why I forget.

even facts are biased. what facts you choose to present and which ones get overlooked

even statistics are fudged. you'd have to do you own study and compare it to similar studies so as not to seem biased. but then what information you dont tell counts too

>Making a site is fucking easy, but how the fuck do I get enough people helping me gather factual news without throwing cash at them?
IMO You'd just have the site automatically direct to a front-page disclaimer that the site is meant for unbiased news/facts and that all news/facts are welcome so long as there is no interpretation involved.
Then you sit back and wait for people to provide you the information.
There are enough people tired of having to sift through 8 peoples biased touchy-feelys to figure out what the weather is going to be for the week. They'll do this shit in hopes of taking a hit at major news corps with bias.

Even if you had people who were great at it but said they needed funding to do it full time, put a donation link or simply a $1 yearly subscription and give them their fair share.

Zero Hedge is already like that

People submit stories under anonymity. All stories are published by "Tyler Durden"

>All stories are published by "Tyler Durden"
>mfw I thought Tyler Durden was one journalist who took his job entirely too seriously

this was actually a project of mine
problem is either you go with self-moderation which has to potential to turn into an echochamber or you have to do the editor role yourself/with a team of people which has its own problems

or you can do what i did and just parse the data from alot of sources and compare them and leave out what doens't seem to be in [insert percentage] of the articles from the news outlets. i wouldn't say you get only truths that way but it is a great start. can be easily done with some php

Isn't anyone going to ask about her arms? Is she missing her arms or what?

>Parsing websites in PHP
Are you a masochist? Either that or you are 40+.

Take a look at this :
theweek.com/articles/624536/breitbart-france

My view of Tyler just changed dramatically

>theweek.com/articles/624536/breitbart-france
Was going to post this. Godspeed Frenchbro.

This is actually a cool idea. keep pursuing it Cred Forumsbro

no one will visit your site if it's not click-baity

How Do I make super easy Websites?

jesus christ you people have small brains. this stuff doesn't exist because it doesn't succeed. at the very roots of the shit that news reports consist of, no one is objective in gathering info because that drains journalism of all its flare. no one would hear you.