What environment is best for human societies...

What environment is best for human societies? I'm judging by what's better as in how much technology they have produced and how advanced they are. Obviously Europeans were much more advanced than the native Africans and Americans, but what aspect of their climate and geography allowed it? Fertile land? Temperate climate?

Europeans had the benefit of living in land just difficult enough to evolve intelligence, but not so difficult it prevents the development of civilization.

This. And now Europeans can live anywhere in the world, nay, the universe, with European technology.

Anywhere that it is too easy to subsist with no effort will never get technology on their own, IE Hawaii and the polynesian islands, and most tropical climates/

Living here has made me realize that we need hardship to improve. Fpbp.

Tropics are best because of the abundance of of resources, but if you want to be strong then you have to go to the higher latitudes

Yeah sure, go head to Antarctica and see how advanced they are.

I India the greatest civilization of the tropics? China of the subtropics? (I think it beats Egypt)

>Antarctica
>Only scientists inhabit the place
top kek

its too fucking humid here
its either I am dripping in sweat the min. I am out side or my head is being seared By the sun..
also it rains like fuck and floods the place
I like the up country which has a cold temprate climate like similar to england
but the people living there are either Tamils or stuck up ass hats

REKT

who /subtropics/ here?

see
Places like Antarctica and Siberia are so harsh they prevent the permanent urbanization required for civilization

One thing I can say positive about the Philippines is that I lose 10+ pounds every time I go there. It is some miserably hot I can't/don't want to eat and I sweat every time I go outside.

I looked so fucking good in my wedding pictures because I lost that winter weight.

>What environment is best for human societies?
Anything outside that read area of the map. It's hot and humid as shit there, you can't do anything properly there without sweating liters and becoming lazy.

>What environment is best for human societies?
Artificial environments, "artificial" is another word for human-centric. Nature is full of viruses and gay mosquitos that turn you into dwarfs and shit.

Early human civilization began in the subtropical zone

Just saying

not because of the weather tho..i mean it was nothing special
it was the fertile land and the rivers of the Indus and the rivers of Mesopotamia that spwned civilization, ie the fertile cresent

>nature is full of viruses and gay mosquitos that turn you into dwarfs and shit
Only if you have shitty nu-male genetics.

Read Guns Germs and Steel, it tackles this topic.

That book is junk science and has been disproved and discredited hundreds of times. Its a joke book at this point.

>tropics
Plenty of food all year round. Also plenty of blood born parasites. Dominant selection pressure is for resistance to malaria.

>harsh temperate climate
Food and shelter can be reliably had, but only with a great deal of planning for the harsh winters. Dominant selection pressure is for ability to plan, problem solve, use tools to assist in survival.