Am I alone?

Any other Eagle Scouts here on Cred Forums?
How has the BSA affected your political views, culture, life, etc...?

Other urls found in this thread:

nesa.org/nesafaq.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Arrow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bumpers

bump

>boy scouts

indeed.

Reporting in. Gave me other people to be autistic with for 7 years. Good time over all

I got to First Class, but that's as far as I got. I didn't really care for badges and the constant need to be promoted. I just loved camping. It definitely taught me a lot about useful things, though.

Former boy scout here. Did it for 11 years (cub scouts first) and got to Star, not even Life.

I hated it to be honest. The other guys were assholes, I wasn't into camping with other people, and I hated all the rules and regulations. Now as an adult there's nothing I love more than traveling alone, camping, and doing all that stuff, but something about the boy scouts was downright not fun for me. I'm sure other people really enjoyed it but it just wasn't suitable for me and I have no regret dropping out.

Scouting was one of the best parts of my childhood. Peoples experiences with scouting greatly depends on their troop, I was lucky with the troop i was in. I fully credit Scouting for me being the man I am today.

Basically I love the activities and still do but the other kids were fucking bullies and I couldn't stand it and the whole rules and regulations of everything kinda felt disingenuous and absurd.

Quit at life scout. Feels bad man

Hey OP, what was your Eagle Scout project?

A voter registration drive.

Eagle Scout reporting

I am.

Bunch of people who also made eagle in my troop went to rehab. But hey, they're great guys and I'm very happy about my memories of the org.

Made it to Eagle Scout my sophomore year of high school

itt: lds
so where did you guys go for your missions
I went to ireland

Everyone post your dank scout moments

One time we camped out on an island and we had to get all our camping gear on canoes and paddle across. The weather sucked and we somehow made it all the way out to the island and then the scoutmaster's canoe with all the food and shit fucking got tipped over. We saved what we could, shit sucked.

Also one time our troop camped out in a blizzard and when the snow got almost deep enough that it was drifting over tents the scoutmaster told us we had to give up or else he'd get sued.

Shit was a lot of fun now that I remember all of it.

Is that your welfare card?

>tfw lost eagle card

where would I go to get another one? it's been years.

It honestly made more of a man out of me. You grow a little bit spending time out in the woods learning skills to become more independent.

Oh and we made gay jokes a lot

i wish i got free stuff with my eagle scout card. it helps out with cops and stuff tho

talk to your local Council. assuming you still have your bluecards and papers and stuff it shouldnt be a problem

Seeing the sun rise on one of the higher mountains at Philmont was pretty breathtaking

Eagle Scout,
Didn't like it when I was in now I want to do all the activities again. Most people my age have not been camping or hiking as much as I have and that outdoor experience is something I really appreciate having. Honestly learned some pretty good life skills from it and I'm happy I did it.

Politically, I'm on Cred Forums so that whole 'treat others with respect' thing didn't work out.
Generally pretty conservative, pro military/veteran love those old time values, i wear boots everywhere and compulsively garden.

>canoeing without putting your food in floating waterproof buckets

Shit tier planning m8.

The coolest single moment I got to do was pilot a glider for the aviation thing. Doing nose dives was pretty fun.

Got my Eagle in '08, went to Philmont and Northern Tier twice.

Fun as fuck. My scoutmaster was god tier.

I hated boyscouts, I got Eagle then left. Now I'm just a filthy Commie, Marxist to be exact.

Eagle scout here, my troop was dank we weren't big on ceremony but we went camping every month rain snow or shine. Definitely was better than playing video games or whatever faggot shit kids that age do

Also got mine in 08, Did seabase and Philmont, but never Northern Tier - how was that?

Eagle scout, currently fighting for Israel in the US Army.

Loved being a scout, hiking and shooting, white water rafting.

BSA is based af, If I had a kid I would be his scout leader.

When we went to NorthernTier a scout was fishing and a seagull accidentally bit the hook and got stuck. We pulled it in to shore and wrestled with it to get the hook out and it ended up biting my finger as soon as it got free. Fuckers have crazy sharp beaks and I had a scar for two months

Eagle here, since 2001. (Does this make me old?)

Scouting in general is amazingly based. But it can vary greatly depending on the troop. The main problem I have seen is when adults step in too much, to try and direct things the way they want it to be. Thats not the point, the point is BSA provides the framework and its up to the boys to lead and make things happen. Adult leaders are support and guidance, not command and control.

Anyway. It influenced me quite a bit. Working for years at a summer/winter camp teaching badges after I got eagle was incredible and made me the man I am today. I made role models out of people my own age and realized, I could be better. So I worked to become better.

At winter camp I would teach the citizenship badges. That's a huge opportunity to instruct some good values in kids. Not to mention personal fitness and finance, firearms exposure with rifle and shotgun, and general innawoods.

Boys leading other boys and becoming men. The way it should be. The way it always has been.
Boys raised by a single mom literally do not know how to adult.

More than anything scouting gave me a broad range of life experiences at a young age, all grounded in reality and not liberal fantasy land. You wanted better food on the trip? You worked harder the next ime around and cooked better. You wanted clean dishes to eat off? You cleaned up after cooking. Etc.
emphasizes personal responsibility, and therefore is a huge weapon vs cultural marxism and its massive ploy to shirk responsibility.

Ayyy
Philmont twice and NT once here. That shit was easily the high point of my grade school time.

Eagle here. At the time, I hated camping cause I just wanted to spend every weekend playing video games. Looking back, I had a lot of great experiences and it gave me a gateway to uncucked hobbies like camping, survival skills, and shooting rifles

.I was at summer camp and a group of us were going out for the night to make a shelter in the woods and sleep there for the night. We're all making our shitty little stick lean-twos with sticks and leaves and once it got dark it just started raining. Everyone got soaked. We ended up just getting a fire started somehow and staying up overnight together, talking around the campfire.

I made it to First Class. My dad and his brothers are all Eagle. It definitely helps you understand the importance of discourse and practical skills.

argentina

Scouting is based.

I did boundry waters up north. Made 175 miles in canoes in 12 days. Shit was cash.

Fun fact: I worked at a camp in central Texas. We had an inner city troop week every summer. We called it, "hoods in the woods" week.

Every year without fail, mormon week kids were worse behaved.

>proof that scouting aka male role models helps chill niggertry, but cultism fucks it up

I am.

Didn't like being in it at the time, didn't want to admit that it was perfect for the autist inside.

In retrospect I'm glad I did because I literally had the best times of my life doing shit I would have never done otherwise....Philmont, whitewater rafting, ax throwing, basic life saving measures, lashing (which is badass) and creating massive structures, sailing... the list goes on and on.

butthurt texan can't handle 12 year old mormon bants

Fucking pathetic desu

Haha, that's good.

Everything you said was on point. I'm more liberal than most on Cred Forums, and I really believe that if you teach a man he can positively affect things around him, he will choose to do it. These single mom raised idiots are still making choices they think are making their lives better, but they have no other outlet. Even though at the time I thought learning how to plan a trip or fix a small engine or tie a knot was random shit, it all adds up to this philosophy.

Got as far as Life. I'd been designing a suspension bridge to go across a creek at a nature preserve near our town for my Eagle project, the plan was for it to be the first part of a new trail system our troop would help set up at the preserve over the next couple years. I aged out before I could get funding or approval for the project.

No regrets though, scouts was one of the better parts of my adolescence.

Eagle Scout here. (Lost my damn card)
BSA had little impact on my political views. I thought it was the best way to help my community and better myself. It's definitely based.

Cred Forums has changed my views though desu. If I wasn't a staunch nationalist then, I sure as fuck am now.

who /bartle/ here?

lone star master race

Reporting in.

Damn. I miss those days.

>join scouting
>be 1st year scout and make friends with SPL
>SPL immediately likes you and makes you his assistant
>SPL gets sick and misses almost all the meetings
>everyone looks to you as the SPL for the next year.
>SPL elections approach and I win the vote almost unanimously because I did so well filling in for the guy.
>be the legitimate SPL for the next year
>parents in the troop let the boys run things so I pretty much decide/ have the final say on everything.
>well liked by entire troop and get elected a second term
>become the first Eagle Scout in my age cluster.
>next year get elected as SPL for a third term
>best friend in scouting as well
>we both heavily study WWII
>he starts to joking call me "mein fuhrer"
>Whenever I would ask him to do anything he would respond with "Yes, mein fuhrer."
>that feel when I felt like an Oberstammfuhrer of the Hitler youth every time I did something with him.
Looking back it was inevitable I would one day find myself here.

Anyone ever do Mic-O-Say?
Better yet.
Anyone know what's in the sacred bundle?

Fuck yeah it does.

Lot of fun. Isolated and relaxing. The terrain leads to some fun campsites.

>that one kid who would pick his scabs and eat them
>that one kid with down syndrome who basically gets ranks and merit badges for free
>that one kid who lights everything in sight on fire
>that one kid who accidentally cuts himself with knives or hatchets every campout
>that kid who didnt properly stake his tent down and would have to chase it blowing away in the wind
>that one fat kid who was a runner in mic-o-say whose bitch tits would bounce to the beat of his bells ringing
>that one kid who had the worst skit ideas and was painfully unfunny
>that kid who shit himself in the summer camp pool

moar

Did your friend jerk you off while smelling your brown socks?

No. This was back when they didn't let fags in.

(Why on /pol?)
The saddest boy scout:

I was in a mediocre cub scout troop for a few years, just before boy scouts. Then I was in boyscouts for about a year.

The leader was a fat neckbeard system administrator at a large corp. He needed a cpap machine to not die at night, so we could never go camping. LIterally dateless wizard probably a pedophile. He could have been in a southpark episode. He gave us impressionable youths a speech once about how a girl turned him down and ruined his faith in women for all time. He ragged on the other dads (he didn't have a kid in the troop because wifeless/dateless) and their wives when alone with the kids. I think the only reason we weren't raped was because he was too much of a failure to do it. Or maybe he did one of the other kids and skipped me, I dunno.

>Big boy scout field trip! yayyy!
>It's his office
>h-here is a scsi RAID, and a tape backup device.

>Big scout trip, yay!!
>Drive down to Fry'sElectronics in LA to buy a SCSI cable, nothing else.

We went out camping once, I think one of the dads was about to take over the troop, and that was him stretching his legs, but I moved away just after that and never got back into scouts.

Camp Lakota
> BBD

This guy is basically me.
I've been really surprised how so few of my friends have never gone camping/hiking/skiing/climbing/etc.

So while I didn't really put much effort into badges or getting ranked up, I acknowledge that I had many experiences I would probably not have gotten without Boy Scouts.

Caving, long bike/hike trips, and dog sledding. Those are memories I'll cherish.

Kek, just thinking this

Same. Literally just had to do an eagle project and some merit badges and then I dropped out.

I made it to Life, unfortunately my troop sort of fell apart just in time for me to miss my Eagle. A lot of respect to any former Scout.

As an aside, my SJW ex gf tried to denigrate my experiences at summer camp and in the order of the arrow as some type of 'cultural appropriation' the fucking cunt

Yeah Eagle Scout here. I probably went into the military/public service in part because of BSA.

I always thought it sounded nerdy and gay growing up but I kind of wish I had friends that did it so I would have joined.

>only know how to tie one type of knot

Any scout knows we have the utmost respect for native Americans desu.

Eagle since 2006, been the most fun I had as a kid. Sea base, camp cherokee, order of the arrow, etc.

We had a really good troop and we knew it. Helped motivate people to stay and try their best. The size of the troop made the leadership meaningful and the adults really stepped back and let us run the show.
>cooking
>pistols/rifle/shotgun
>canoeing
>backpacking
>entrepreneurship

who /palms/ here

>2

Reporting in.

Taught me that when you're out in the world, it's up to you to fend for yourself, so you better BE PREPARED.

Also, it exposed me to some conservative values, which was much needed considering the area I lived in.

Anyone ever go to the northern tier camp?

Im an eagle scout, made me like guns and helped me get a job.

Another eagle here. Would not let son or family in scouting now.

Hey what did you think of that scouts guide to the zombie apocalypse movie? Very surprisingly hilarious.

Sometimes it's helpful for a job interview. Other than that, not a whole lot. Taught me how to shoot and start a fire though, but I couldn't tell you the last time I had to do either.

nesa.org/nesafaq.html link under "How do I order a duplicate Eagle certificate or pocket ID card?"

pic unrelated

Just got back from my Eagle scoutmasters conference

tfw 4 days left to get eagle

>Bring M80s to camp
>Older scout brings some kind of homemade pipe bomb
>Bury it in ground and light it
>Run a few hundred yards away
>Blows a crater in the ground 3 feet deep
>Run away quickly
>They thought it was some kind of meteor that hit

Confirmed Cred Forums af

Lone star was the best camp, apache master race reporting in. Mic-O-Say name?

One time a kid took a bunch of gunpowder he'd collected from shotgun shells and threw it into a campfire.

This other time, we lit a tree on fire.

Actually, come to think of it, most of my stories involve fucking around with fire.

Made it to life scout then pussied out.

But I'm a naval officer now so I guess it worked out? I'm the only one of my peers who knows jack shit about land nav which is pretty funny.

again.
we had one of these guys. He made a 'bow' out of a broken stick and a piece of string at campone year and was running around 'shooting it' (He almost had to push the arrow out and it went like a foot)

Then someone fixed his bow up for him--made the string tight, it still sucked and probably wouldn't hurt anyone, but now it went far/hard enough to at least be concerning to people and the camp had to talk to our leader.

So why the hell are there so many eagles here? This gets asked every scouting thread and I haven't found a good answer yet as to why.

>admitting you're underage

Made Eagle Scout in 2012, just before I turned 18.

I learned a lot about personal responsibility, and it helped me shake off a Communist-phase I was going through

Eagle Scout here as well. Only got to Brotherhood in Order of the Arrow.

Did the program from Tiger all the way through. Worked at one of the oldest continuously operating Scout camps in US.

I saw it stated in earlier replies, and it is the first time I have heard it from anyone else besides my Scoutmaster at the time: The troop makes the experience. Good parents who volunteer significant time when asked, and Scouts that organize the events. I was fortunate I was able to leave a troop that was faltering and continue on in a great one.

Some great memories, sometimes I regret not having done more. I would hope one day I could do the same for my son, but I don't know what the Scouts are like anymore. They resisted a lot of the degeneracy but I haven't kept track..

Becoming an Eagle Scout, One learns Responsibility and Leadership. We are not typically not Degenerates, dont ask for handouts, and make our own way. Therefore were more likely right leaning with conservative views.

>only know how to tie one type of knot

A hangman's noose?

Me. I'm from the Northwest.

Official Boy Scout Camp Tier List:

God-Tier: Pioneer
Okay-Tier: Meriwether
Dumpster Tier: Cooper
Dustbowl Tier: Baldwin

Baldwin was somehow the best and gayest camp because we had access to whitewater rafting but also had to go on a gay boring horse ride each time we went. In conclusion life is full of contradictions.

Enjoy your ban.

I remember we had some troops from detroit shipped in one camp. We had someone as night watchman the entire time.

Eagle Scout from 1994, Son just went to camp for the 1st time this year. It was a lot of fun and several of my friends from scouting have kids that are in it now.
We didn't do OA instead we had Mic-o-Say

Nice seeing some other philmont fags itt. I think I went in 09 or 10?. Barely made my eagle, but I guess I can say it was worth it. Camping and doing other /out/ stuff definitely made an impression and helps me shit on sheltered faggots at college. Can't tell you how many of these cunts have never slept outdoors or had a even mildly hard (think OA) days work in their lives.

Mostly miss camping and shooting. Like other anons say, most people dont like the idea of legit backpacking or even car camping. Hated the structuring and formalities most of the time though

Eagle Scout here.

>political views
Built my own over time, usually around the scout law and oath.
>culture/life
Things are shit, but I can make it less shit through hard work and patience.

Overall Scouts helped me a lot through my childhood and even now is a huge help. I have gotten jobs based solely on the fact that I am an eagle scout. 10/10 will put my kids through it.

TROOP 82 CT REPORTING

Our leaders actually stopped caring that me and my buddies stopped trying to get merit badges after our first couple years in the Troop. They mostly let us be and basically just kinda let us do most of the shit we wanted to do the whole time we were at camp. It led to all sorts of shit like making cooking fires that were so hot that they could combust aluminum cans and hauling wood from all over camp to make impromptu shelters that we put our tents inside.

At a certain point, scouting became less about being a scout and more about learning and doing cool shit on campouts for the fun of it. I didn't want to earn a merit badge, I wanted to have fun with my friends for a week away from my parents.

Proud eagle reporting in. Glad to be not a cuck. I go innawoods every weekend and fuck shit up. Caught a dozen trout of a reservoir this past weekend.

Lifer for life aka a failure

Fucking Mormons reeeeee

I did scouting and got my eagle in Florida but now I live in Colorado and rage at the LDS troops. Fucking devaluing eagle scout status by handing it out.

How much does it help a resume to put it on?

Ex aussie Rover here. We all think you guys are giant fags

Did eagle and worked at Philmont for four summers.
pretty neat/10

l think l made first class then did very little to progress further
My parents basically let me have the reigns and it turns out 14 year olds are lazy and it's mathematically impossible to get all the requirements in time after 16 so, l just gave up on ranking and had a good time

An entire week diving in the Florida Keys at sea base. Leaders snuck us off base one day to go fuck around on our own in the keys.

McEagles... Everyone knows theres Eagles and then Mormon Eagles and if they don't, they do now.

Probably not much these days

Where at? I had some real nice camping grounds around my area, always made for some fun when our troop went on a trip

were you there when the kids got banned for life because they pushed that donkey off the cliff?

Fucking around with fire was all we did too. Shaving cream cans and whatever else we had on hand went in, although one of the best was when one of our boys beat the shit out of another older scout with a walking stick at summer camp.

>kid steals rim fire .22 round from range
>forgets it in pa ts pocket
>gets home, goes off in washing machine and machine is kill

Wow guess who never got his eagle. What a tardo

That was a thing?

Rafting down the New river after 2 days of heavy rain. It was surreal coming through the mountains and coming to the bridge.

>tfw only made life

Pioneer>Baldwin>Meriwether>Cooper

Eagle Scout here, last EAGLE of the 2001 from Flint River Council in GA. Was at the Council for highest achievements honors dinner at Flint River Council

I have a large souvenir from the top of Trail Peak

Eagle Scout, I will not deny I wavered at times but had an actual family and friend network who encouraged me to take charge of my life and be responsible.

Will vote for Trump, not because I support him per se but because I want to shit upon globalists everywhere.

>Barak Obama
BITCH MINE WAS SIGNED BY GEORGE BUSH

Been there user, been white water rafting on east coast - hands down.

Enough to put you over at least 25% the applicants.

Eagle Scout with three Palms here. I loved the Boy Scouts. I like to lurk Cred Forums for diverse opinions, but I don't agree with most of the weird stuff on here.

What was your General experience as a scout like?

It has potential to be a bit spergy in Australia, but my patrol was full of rough kids, some of them probably ended up in jail. Had a blast, done some mischief, boys will be boys pretty much

That was before my time ('10 or '11 I think). Its become a sort of legend of scout shenanigans by now. People have gotten banned for bear baiting while I've been there though.

Eagle Scout. I guess the entire experience helped me realize that I could be self-reliant. I had a pretty good troop with some good friends that I still have. I learned a lot about basic leadership skills and more general utility skills.

And, from what I've read that's essentially the goal Baden-Powell had. Basically guide young boys into being useful self-reliant adults while learning useful skills.

I always hated rafting and canoeing down rivers. We always were steered right into those low hanging trees and 15 spiders would join our voyage every time we went under a tree. Aside from that it's alright.

>Be senior patrol leader at 17
>Trying to manage a group who respects me not because we grew up together (I had just moved from out of state) but rather because I just happened to be the oldest one and was the road for eagle.

The experience was sobering, before I lead because of friendship, now I had to lead just because. It paid off though in my current career.

I had a friend tell me this, so idk if it's entirely true or not, but you could rent a mule at Philmont and a bunch of kids led it off a cliff with a snickers bar iirc

Not an Eagle. But i was in scouts for a long time. Scouts was some of the best times i had. Up in northern MN scouts was everything. Always outside always building and always helping. Best thing about scouts was it taught me how to be a man

>My kid won't be old enough to have his signed by Trump, even if he makes two terms.

Aren't the scouts pretty cucked now, by the book? I looked at it a few years back and it seemed like no fun! allowed, at least compared to what was in my book...

So does every male bonding experience in Aus basically just devolve into Outback/Wake in Fright?

14 year olds do stupid stuff when they're angry

I don't have a particularly dank moment, lots of fun stuff, rafting, climbing, Mt. Baldy at Philmont and general fun times.
I do have a low point though, l was working at a pharmacy after highschool and a bunch of shit happened; dog dies, gf cheats on me, mom needs back surgery, anyway l get into the painkillers and get addicted, eventually my dumb ass spends the night in county where wouldn't you know it my old buddy from my troop is a guard.
He said " l know you from somewhere"
All l could do was look away
Never hated myself more than right then

Our scoutmaster was a WW2 and korean war vet. He was old but based. We had his grandsons who were older than us in our troop and they were proper chads. They taught us many things.

They hit it in the head with a rock, took all the gear off, and rolled it down a hill. They said it fell down, but it was obvious bs.

This is just speculation, but the way young adults act today I would think having something that shows you've already done something involving discipline, respect for your superiors, and even leadership would be a huge advantage over someone without.

Boy Scouts was best time of my life, learned a lot and the community stopped my beta ass from committing suicide. Earned my eagle in 2011, hold it as more important than my degree in mech eng. Hell of a lot more charismatic now after being SPL for a couple terms.

I feel for you bro, but wish you had better support. Aging out sucks but on that final task BSA is pretty lenient as long as you show you care. I did my project the same month I aged out but I was still given honors since I showed I was dedicated.

You take part of the plane?

>that one time back in 2012 (?) when we were camping at Ockanickon in October
>A blizzard passed through overnight and all the pine trees were bending over into perfect arches due to the heavy snow
>no water due to frozen pipes
>entire camp had to be closed

Never seen anything like it ever again.

Has anybody else seen trees bending over due to the weight of snow?

It is certainly more tame, but I can tell you it is still relatively up to the local leadership. If your adults are based, everything still works out. Cucked leaders lead to a cucked troop as always.

Yea dude I think the parents are a lot more controlling now. When I was in scouts the parents weren't very involved so it was mostly run by the boys so we just did what we wanted.

Now I think it is getting pretty PC. Before I got out with Eagle I remember at a summer camp trail to first class teaching how to deal with bullies (be a pussy, don't fight back).

If you are with the right people yes, I.e. Anyone not a nu male. Going camping in Australia consists of making a dangerous as fuck fire, shooting anything that moves and drinking as much as humanely possible. Then you maybe go canoeing in the day

Got life scout eagle lined up had project planned but started high school and football the practices conflicted with the meetings and I missed it. Biggest regret of my life. Still the BSA has forever greatly impacted my life. On my honor I will do my duty to God and my country and obey the scout law; to help other people at all times. To keep myself physically strong,mentally awake and morally straight.

Yes, part of the Northeast Illinois Council. Funnest camping trips were Makajawan, Devil's Lake and Okpik. Haven't visited my troop in forever though

Scouts was great. My troop was most run entirely by the boys and the parents were hands off. All my life-long friends are from scouts. We used to sneak off in every camping trip to drink and smoke weed then wander around fucked it. Great times. Made it to eagle. Made me the man I am today.

This
My leaders would mostly let us settle our own disputes, if that meant the annoying kid who's mother tied his own shoes for him got popped, they didn't see anything

>boys will be boys pretty much

That is the goal. We lit a bunch of fires. I had to learn as leader that I could not stop it (at age 12) but rather just control it. It is amazing the skills a kid can learn if forced to.

Mine was a tough, traditional, working class guy. The whole patrols, parade things were very relaxed, he would let you get away with so much, you know, boys will be boys, but if you some something extra stupid he would chew your ears off

one of my most prized possession.

Pretty much shaped my entire childhood. My troop was separated by lazy poor kids who acted like total cunts and then people who actually cared and worked hard to make the experience fun.
>10/10 my kids will be scouts

Good times. Was on a tv show once too called Scouting For Adventure. Went to Philmont to filming for free and stayed at base camp for a week and to Cold Beer just past Cimmaron for night pop (had root beer). Bretty gud

Eagle Scout here.
I was actually a very good kid while working up to Eagle Scout, very diligent in school and so forth. After I got the badge I went downhill. I started taking drugs, dropped out of college, and pissed off my parents, and so forth.
I don't know whether or not it is a coincidence.

29y/o Eagle here. Always been very conservative, love of guns came from scouts.

I'm an Eagle Scout.
Just graduated college.
There is something about an honor like that, which you HAVE to be finished before you are 18.
All the life scouts I meet, are just so lackluster. I've met quite a few autismos who got eagle, maybe I am one

Life scout chiming in, didn't make it to eagle because pussy doesn't like boys.

I was a tenderfoot the entire time I was in Boy Scouts, and I was in until I was 18. I had a lot of merit badges and I was very competent with camping and survival skills, but I have a fear of water and I was never able to complete the swimming requirements. My SM offered to see if he could have the requirements altered for me since it was a legit fear of water, but I felt like that was a cop-out and I refused to let it happen.

I am, but let's all be honest, It's worthless in this degenerate society. I got made fun of all the time for being in Boy Scouts. Only looks and who you know matter anymore.

Gotta wear the ring. Its like being a Mason, eagles help other eagles, but we have to be able to spot one another.

>female
>rip-off TAN boyscout uniform
>not venture scout
delet

can someone save down and export the lists and volunteer lists? so we can phone bank after the lists are taken down

Anyone have any women in scouting stories? We had some MILF that was one of the leaders in an adjacent camp to ours and we caught her changing in her tent a few times. One of the flaps was open.

I honestly think being a scout influenced the most out of anything I did during adolescence. I don't have any contact with anyone from it anymore besides my brother. And nearly everyone I meet is a bit of a pussy, like unwillingly to get stuck into work, the have a wrong attitude about hard work, I.e. Trying to do as little as possible when something hard comes up instead of teaming up and getting it done

The quit really easy as well, I think the only time I've every quit anything physical is when I'm on my hands and knees vomiting. Like I see people claiming to be sick at work when their symptoms consist of a runny nose

The way is should be really, I learnt so much lessons for my self over those years

>tfw have no idea where my Ka-Bar is

Eagle Fag reporting in.

Yea dude we all talked about how all the leaders would fuck her. Like how this fat dude would eat cookies while getting his dick sucked or some shit. I backpacked with her. Got comfy

Eagle Scout checking In!
Be Prepared, BSA!

I still have my Sash with all of my badges. I got my Eagle Scout badge when I turned 16, and I still use the morals and dedication to finish what I started, the mental ability to prepare myself for the worst and hope for the best, in my day to day life.

I'm hoping my 3 yearold son grows up and wants to follow in the same footsteps as I did, CSA and BSA, and one day I hope to help him win the Troop Pine Derby just as I did.

who /missing/ corners of their totin chip?

haha sure was great growing up in utah and watching every single bishop's son get their eagle at 13

Were there merit badge pow wows where you guys were at?

>gets eagle at 16
>eagles who get it at 16 not right the damn hair before 18 were ALWAYS wankers who did nothing else in high school

Yeah northern tier are where most of my mermorable scout trips happened. I remember climbing around a like 200 foot cliff then pissing off the edge.

Order of the Arrow is the most gay fucking faggot shit ever

I actually denounced that I was even a part of it.

faggot.

While I was at summer camp we got hit by a massive tornado right in the middle of the main campfire ceremony. We all ran into the mess hall where the power promptly ran out and the whole building was shaking. Everyone thought they were gonna die but after awhile everything died down and we went back to our tents.

244 reporting

It really was, I didn't know what I was getting into when I went to my ordeal, I fucking forgot my sleeping bag too that weekend so I was absolutely fucked when we had to spend the night just lying on the field.

Eagle scout here, just trying to be courteous and kind, you fucking nigger

I was never missing more than 2 at any one time. My Firem'n Chit was hard for me to keep though.

yea i joined a troop that was the least autistic and then it turned autistic by the time i left not my fault i swear

Yup. Am now an assistant scoutmaster in my old troop too,

It's so they can work you for free at the camp. I thought everyone knew that.

ON MY HONOR

Holy shit yes... I remember my dad pressured me into doing the stupid ordeal. They literally took everything fun about camping and threw it in the trash

haha putting in my papers didn't think I'd find any lds here

>do work all day while starving and sleep deprived to be a part of something that was of no benefit
At least the bonfire ceremony before was cool

I'm Asian if that helps to explain anything to you, we tend to excel in nerd activities.

Hardway here. No one but chief lone bear himself knows what's in the sacred bundle.

Ohio Eagle here. The experiences helped a lot in developing my character which I believe has contributed a good bit to my success in life so far. Hard to say how it has affected my political views.

I was in the pre-faggot BSA.

It encouraged me to always do what's right, regardless of what the crowd thinks. It encouraged us to live honestly. Timeless traditions, the things that built this civilization, were prioritized, and we were taught how to be reverent. I think that we could use a few more Eagle Scouts out there, but honestly, some of them are shitty people. Look at all of the leftists and faggot degenerates who have the medal, who worked to promote faggotry and new values within the organization.

Today, I think I'm a more stalwart social conservative/traditionalist because of my experiences. I also underwent outdoor activities involving teamwork and comradery, something that modern kids miss out on. Boys need that. It also instilled in me a sense of service instead of entitlement and selfishness.

It is only right that we work to restore morality and sanity to the BSA, which is undergoing leftist change.

So eagles...has getting the rank helped you at all in life? Like getting jobs, opportunities, etc. that you normally woudn't have gotten without eagle.

New Jersey Eagle Scout here, anybody been up to Forestburg Scout Camp?
Also I was at the 2014 Jamboree, anyone else?

Oh, I forgot to add something.

It was especially pleasing when after they got their eagles, they pissed off and never came again, and their parents (who of course always ran the troop) stopped caring about the troop.

eagle scout here.

Scouts didn't honestly overtly teach me anything. If they got rid of the scout handbook my experience wouldn't have been too much different. However, it taught me something about how people get along in a group. It was a sampling of a lot of good people, and i kinda got to learn from them. I was kind of a loner in hs, but i can say that I learned a lot about the virtue that family and community has, and even if i'm not likely to be a part of any of those anytime soon, I can still appreciate its place in society.

I got mine about 15 years ago, I'm 30

Welcome to Ellis Island. What will your American Name be?
>I dont know, I like the forrest and i'm a Jew.
Say No More
>MFW Forrestburg

Forrestburg is the name of the town...

Yes, actually.

Pre-Fag Eagle scout, here. Got mine in 2008. Not only has it helped me with job searches but it teaches a lot of life skills that I am constantly finding apply to almost every field.

Eagle Scout here too
Scouts was fucking fun and redpilling dude.
I used to hate all the assholes in my troop, but then I realized that I should've actually liked them, but most of them aged out by the time I realized this.

My project was fucking stupid too.

>California troop

*whisper* aholeton

I am 1

It has come up in every single job interview/college interview/security clearance investigation/etc I've ever done. Usually doesn't go farther than asking me what my project was, though. The time and work involved in the rank say a lot about most.

I don't think I even got a card. Just the patch and a fucking bumper sticker. Then again I got it over 10 years ago.

I am an Eagle Scout
Honestly, I became a better leader through it.

Troop 309 outta Louisville, KY. Mostly influenced my politics making me way more conservative and a nationalist.

I was a Life Scout at one point, then realized that the scout leaders were only interested in getting their sons ahead.

Sawmill reporting. That goddamn right angle tree on the left path up to the mess hall gets me everytime.

I am one. Was lucky my dad is a big outdoors guy, so we did lots of hiking and adventure stuff

I'm an Eagle scout and I bullied dumb nerds. Now I forgot everything I did in scouts and it doesn't apply to my life at all.

Yo, I was at the 2014 Jamboree. Got some pretty awesome badges from other troops.

Eagle Scout reporting in. Was an edgelord shithead when I got Eagle in high school, but looking back I had a great time and learned a ton of useful shit.

Turns out my best friend from scouts was a fag who had to stay closeted, so the whole 'morally straight' value is a little bit of a sore spot for me. Glad they softened the rules there a bit, as long as they keep chicks out.

Went camping with a bunch of friends from my old scout troop recently, it was a blast, and we all rag on our friend who dropped out at Life.

Also, from 3rd-10th grade we would dole out duties for cooking each morning and made the Mexican kid clean the dishes every time. Classic.

Camped on a tent platform with only a space blanket during a thunderstorm in the mountains. We had booked the shelter but when we showed up they said no groups

Eagle here. Actually, i just got a good research position because of my Eagle on my resume.

My political views have not been affected too much; I guess I have always been somewhat based. Going to places like Northern Tier and Philmont has shown me the beauty of this world and why I know God exists. Being an Eagle also makes me strive for a life of success, hard work, strong morals, marrying a woman for whom I strongly care, etc.

Pic related: Philmont summer 2015 (rayado)

My troop was insanely gay and boring and our numbers suffered for it. When I finished up there were like 6 kids still in it. Troops need good scouts but they also need good leaders and ours was some middle aged beta pussy who worked at the PUD.

Eagle Reporting

Scouting was amazing.

highest i got was first class. dropped out before i could reach eagle

boy scouts is great

Spoiler.
I was not actually in the Order of the Arrow or a Boy Scout at all

I just worked with this one fucking faggot who was. He was so autistic and stupid i couldn't stand him

lol

Still sounds gay as fuck though. Thank you for validating my thoughts on the matter.

lol

Got my Eagle in '98.

Haven't supported the scouts much since, but I would definitely support my sons going through it if I have any.

Eagle Scout here. Scouts made sure I didn't grow up a pussy or a globalist.

Post Eagle projects
>Collected and donated 2500 books

Every eagle scout i know, turned into a junkie.

Eagle Scout here. Texas.

BSA has become a bullshit bureaucracy. 2/10 would not recommend to anyone.

2005 Jamboree reporting in.

Same.

One of my best friends got it in 8th grade, but his dad was the scout master.

wew lad.

I believe in KEK more then Jesus, has Cred Forums ruined me?

2005 Jamboree

Retard Alaska troop had their leadership zapped.

>being proud that your father was too much of a cuck to teach you how to be a man so he put you in a camp for a square who reads manuals to do it for him
My dad just hates the outdoors in my state so he never took me camping

Eagle Scout here.
It hasn't helped me get a job or an interview at all. But it did give me some great experiences I'll probably never get the chance to have again.
>Troop 667
>Off by one

tfw you're an eagle scout that turned into a junkie

Built three planter boxes for kindergarteners at my old elementary school

Eagle Scout

Now I'm a tranny. I thought absorbing myself in Christianity, diligent self-improvement, and doing everything I could to be a right and proper man would make me not want to be a girl anymore but it just made it a lot worse.

yes, actually

I made life scout, parents got a divorce and I couldn't complete my eagle project

You ever go to camp James Ray?

>Built a shed for a community garden
It turned out pretty well, would make again.

I remember some guy from a different troop collected computers for the homeless. Still don't know how that passed through the board.

Was anyone here in GA around 1998-2004? I used to help run Green Bar Junior Leader Training, but I don't think it's around anymore.

Raising the Texas flag at 5 am over BDSR, Colorado, then doing the flag ceremony with my troop.

I rebuilt, painted, and finished a large storage closet for the church where we did our meetings. My dad wasn't around so I basically had to do the project myself. I'm kinda surprised we didn't have to get an engineer stamp or something because the room was definitely bigger than 200 sq ft or whatever the limit is these days.

Boy scouts was sometimes cool but mostly super gay because some of our leaders would just focus on checking shit off and not let us do anything fun

>Be like 14
>Scout Camp
>Hot ass water-stuff counselor
>Maybe
>She was like the only gril there so idk.
>Go do canoeing with my friend.
>Turns out he's a tard and can't be in a canoe without it tipping over
>She saves us
>"Hold on to my swimsuit I'll drag you to shore"
>Im an excelent swimmer but I do it anyways
>ithinkiloveher.jpg
>Only get canoeing merit badge that summer
>Mom freaked.

Worth it.

This.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria

Why didn't you get actual treatment?

Yeah. I don't really remember specific anything about it though. I went on all the camping trips my troop scheduled.

Greater Alabama Councilfag here. Eagle Scout and the connections I've made have gotten me scholarships, jobs, and all sorts of opportunities. as far as influencing my political views, nothing helps guide a young man away from the Left like shooting guns, camping, and brotherly bonding.

no, Cred Forums has enlightened you. jesus is a cuck and kek has proved his existence through memes and repeating digits. what has the cuck sand nigger christ done? praise kek

utah?

What do you mean? I did get treatment

Were you 1st or 2nd session in '15?

>mic-o-say

Total Unbridled faggotry

Are you at least passable?

I already know the answer is "no".

Life Scout from the 80's. I learned a healthy respect for firefarms and to hate to hate the Red's which included mostly the USSR and Red China. I was one of the few to qualify for the rifle merit badge.

I used to staff there during summer camp. It was the shit

yeah but the theatrics where cool, and our chapter did a pretty good showing of everthing. A lot of things in scouts are just for the sake of Ceremony, and I'm okay with that.

It sounds like you tried to solve your narcissism problem with more self-absorbed narcissism.

my brother worked Poniel that year and 2016. camp almost washed away last year.

Worked at Scout camp for four years. Can confirm.

Best description of scouting i've ever heard.

I was the 1st session. When that huge flood hit.

I wish I was born a few years later so my Eagle Scout certificate and card had Trump's signature and not Obama's...

One of my troop mates' project was hunting a dear with his friend and dropping it off at a shelter.

Required no leadership, no other scouts, no real planning beyond safety. Made me pissed.

Which RM/W if you don't mind me asking?
I was a ranger first session '15

New York, but I'm sure it's a common occurrence.

Oh yeah, i was there the night of the storm. Our itinerary actually had us set on ponil, but we had to change after that flood. The most beautiful sunrise ever though.

I forgot the location, but this was the scene at 5 am after the storm

Eagle scout here. Scouting, especially my two trips to philmont gave me an appreciation for the outdoors and is probably a big reason why I'm not a total shut-in neet today.

lmao. I was a badly behaved mormon kid. It's probably because most of them don't even want to be there, they just want to get their eagle scout so their mom will let them get their drivers licence.

Jamie and Adam

Had great scoutmasters and leaders. Based as fuck. Nam vet worked in NYC as master carpenter on play scenery (I know) Dude was the man.

Memories:

buying 50 oz commemorative mugs. Filling with mountain dew and then pouring ne of the big plastic pixie sticks into it.

Was doing BSA lifeguard at camp in Blairstown NJ. Kid breaks leg after getting stuck between 2 floating docks. Rescue in rowboat was so fucking cash

220 mile bicycle trip on C and O canal from Cumberland MD to Georgetown. Toured Antietam Harpers ferry. the fucking bomb

Philmont. The mountainous north Baldy and coming back into camp over the Tooth. Fucking awesome

Eagle in 2009. Added benches planters &handicap access fishing pier to lakeside area in town. Secured donations from local businesses for supplies/help.

/r/ing boy scout bukkake pasta

Cool stuff. Adam was a ranger trainer this past summer.
I was RM4; don't think we ever ran into you guys.

bump

Eagle, Vigil, Philmont twice Jambo twice (once as youth, once as SM). Gave most of my college years to the program. Then parted ways 10 years ago.

Went back to my old troop a month ago. They asked me to be ASM. It's been hard to see what my old troop has become. Standards are low. Expectations are even lower. There's a real cultural problem in the unit, and they think I can fix it. I don't know how to tell them that they may be too far gone.

Then, come to find out, my home council is folding at the end of the month. It will get merged into the area mega council. The camp I grew up at, and the Lodge that made me into a man will be no more.

It's really depressing right now. I'm having trouble coping with a lot of it, but I can't walk away after making the commitment to help without feeling like I'm letting my old scoutmasters and mentors down. They devoted their lives into making me into a man, and I'm not strong enough to do the same.

You fucking rich troops and your national camps. We didn't have the money to do Philmont or seabase but we explored our state.

If i see him ill have to tell him. Probably not, we were the Southern Gentlemen, the first group in South Country

>I'm not strong enough to do the same.
Yes you fucking are. You're a scout, not some pussy faggot.

Nigger I'm from bumfuck poorland and we still did Philmont. We spent two years raising money for just 9 of us to go.

You were just lazy fucks and didnt want it hard enough.

We started at Maxwell TA for Baldy on day 2.

Some of the special treks are

fug, if I get a new card it won't be signed by bush anymore.

Yes, most normies will only know that eagle scout is some mythical being that is good. They have no idea what it means to be one, but they it is a good thing. Which is good enough.

Underrated. I feel you. You are not alone.

Now just don't cause a mass shooting. Please.

You're right. I know the fire is still there. I care about the program in ways that are very hard to explain. But it tears my heart out to see the things these guys have lost. The pride just isn't there anymore.

Hey Robby (or Steven), it's Stevens brother

Im going to put in my application for this summer, but whether or not i go will depend upon if i get any internships or i need to take any summer classes for my major.

Eagle scout reporting in. Thinking about it the only other 2 people I have ever talked to about Cred Forums were eagle scouts. God, damn near 20 years ago.

nigger, sell more popcorn. I sold 3k in a week one year.

Just got my eagle before my 18th
Also worked at council camp and about to hopefully work at philmount next summer

That's always the catch. It was a great way to spend summers during college, but isn't exactly relevant experience. Hope it works out!
IWGBTP

>Be 11
>6'1, 98 lbs
>skellyasfuck.gif
>awkward ass kid so few friends
>only chum is white trash, right wing nazi kid from trailer park
>parents fucking hate him
>they think think Boy Scouts will help me socialize and make friends of a better class
>join up, because I like camping and archery
>me and nazi chum hunt squirrels and crows and shit by the dump
>go to first meeting and end up hating everyone
>one of them bullied me and nazi chum
>I do meet one guy, he's ok but he's a nigger
>parents happy I'm being so open minded
>push me to go to summer camping trip
>look at brochures, place is sweet af
>on a lake with mountain view
>agree to go and plan on sharing a tent with nigger chum
>nazi chum finds out and is pissed
>chews me out for being down with brown
>I tell him he's not like the others
>"he grew up in a white town, is adapting positive Boy Scout values"
>he tells me it doesn't matter, "they all will put a fucking kinfe in your back"
>he cuts me off for life
>day of the trip comes
>dad drives me up to camp
>3 hour drive so make pit stop
>dad buys me tons of junk food
>fucking stoked because mom never let's me have shit
>really looking forward to the Twinkies and a giant pepperoni stick that was some specialty of the deli we stopped at
>dad was pumped for me
>"you and Bernard (nigger) are going to have a great time!"
>only wanted to shoot arrows
>first day there we sit out by the lake at the bottom of our campsite
>view is amazing, guys are skipping stones
>I pull out my giant pepperoni stick and plan on taking that shit down, but not until later
>want to skip rocks with these assholes
>put it on a rock and collect skipping stones
>guy who bullied me and nazi chum comes up, grabs the pepperoni off the rock
>"what's this, Bernard's dick?"
>tosses it in lake
>he comes at me so I run away to my tent
>thinking I'll get the nigger to come kick this guys ass
>walk into tent, Bernard's eating my Twinkies
>only thought is of nazi friend, laughing at me

Me too man

Eagle checking in.
I learned a lot of cool, useful shit. Hated going, and hated my parents for forcing it, but as an adult it has helped me countless times.

>at scout camp
>working there for the whole summer
>other people were too, from different troops across the state
>get to know each other really well over the course of 2 months
>most of them were normies
>2 of said normies always go into the bathrooms and fuck
>was always really awkward having to hear that at 2 am while trying to shower from being out in the hot sun for the day

not too much of a story but it was one of the only things i remember from my time there

2012 Eagle reporting in.

Ya philmont was dank. I'll never forget that week

Sawmill reporting in.

>Be 2013
>Go to Bartle for last year.
>Second to last night at camp.
>Troop a few campsites away starts running around camp after taps (10PM)
>Playing gay club music and throwing 250+ glowsticks into the air like a volcano.
>Running into random campsites and jumping on tables dancing.
>mfw me and scout bros join in.
>mfw grumpy commissioners show up and get PISSED.
>mfw their scoutmaster takes responsibility, claiming he had no idea they were going to do this.
>mfw the scoutmaster developed this plan.
>mfw they did this as a troop tradition every single year.

holy shit if any of you are in here, you are gods among men.

>Wanting to break the inner circle.

kys

Yup, I was there for that too. That was the biggest storm I've ever seen. The other user's right though, that sunrise was beautiful.

What exactly was the purpose of mic-o-say?

Yes you fucking are man. Don't give up. Make that unit even better than it was when you joined.

Eagle Scouts were the older creepy guys.

I was, however, Order Of The Arrow and did the same shit Eagle scouts did (minus the kid touching).
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Arrow

Easier said than done. The youth think that camping as a unit means dicking around in the woods for a few nights, and the other leaders are content with letting them do as such as long as they don't have to actually participate. Some of the older boys in the unit are ignorant to some of the most basic scout skills, and don't care to teach the younger scouts the few they do know. There's an apathy to the program that I've never seen before. This troop used to be the shining example of what scouting should be. The scoutmaster (who I love like a second father) is extremely accomodating, but he's accomodated the troop right into the ground over the past 10 years. That's really hard to say, but I know it's the truth. It seems like nobody else is willing to make those tough changes in the unit, for fear of making it "less fun" for the boys. They don't understand that this comes at the cost of the principles of scouting, and any benefit to the boys is lost with them.

Another eagle checking in

Philmont was neat, yo

Pilot-copilot shitters for life

THIS.
Anybody here ever volunteer at Rotary camp?

Also,
/TLStorer/
anyone?

why would you need to link to the order of the arrow you sorry excuse making fuck

if you didn't make it you didn't, why blame the organization?

t. Tender foot rank II and my father was an Eagle

Eagle here. Scott Cuck Walker spoke at my ceremony

Not him, but I knew a Steven in troop 94.

reporting in

Eagle scout got mine in 2015 feelsgoodman. Scouting definitely made me some good friends and the camping was good as for what it's done for in terms of politics really nothing. It did make me more helpful in life though.