Confederacy

Redpill me on the civil war, faggots

I know someone can provide more details. I'll summarize from what I've heard.

At the time there were two major industries that made the USA what it was. Industrial and Agricultural. They helped to support each other, as well. Agriculture = textiles, industrial = machines.

The northern industrialists had much more pull over politics than southerners. The north pushed tariffs on imports from other countries, causing other countries to increase tariffs on our goods. Our major export was agricultural, so the southerns were disproportionately affected. They fought to end the tariffs.

Abe Lincoln came along and said he would get rid of the tariffs as part of his platform. After getting into office he reneged and brought the tariffs back (I believe these were known as the Tariffs of Abomination).

Shortly thereafter, the south started to seriously consider seceding, much to the detriment of the industrialists who heavily depended on the agriculture. Thus, the war.

Lincoln threw in the Emancipation Proclamation to cause further dissent in the south, as well as garner support. In reality, the south depended heavily on slaves. The north depended more on white workers (wage slaves).

But you didn't even mention slavery!

But... but... slaves are bad

>The northern industrialists had much more pull over politics than southerners
No they didn't
The south dominated both economically and politically
That's why the north started the war in the first place, they wanted to take away their political power and then economically cripple them so they couldn't just take it back in a few years

> Be Pennsylvanian
> Be told we freed the slaves
> Be proud
> Move to California
> White people called Jim Crow
> Never heard of him
> Look him up, supposed to be southern lawmaker.
> Actually a strawman argument from nignogs.
> The people I freed are trying to make me the enemy, the oppressor.
> That was in 1990.
> Things went downhill from there.
> At least cops are shooting dindus.
> Thanks based cops.

If they dominated economically and politically then why did the north push tariffs three times, ultimately resulting in the south wanting to secede?? The tariffs realistically only affected the south as industrialist exports weren't nearly as large as the south's agricultural exports.

> north started the war
*sigh*
It was what it's always ever been about. Power. The South didn't like the fact that the Federal Government was in the North, and of course the north had industry whilst the south had crops and stuff, and they never saw eye to eye, like rural folks and city slikers, their different ways of living lead to mistrust and hate, and for the south, a desire for self rule.

They lost. They're still butthurt over it.

Basically to put it into simple terms it was southern states telling the Feds to fuck off. Adherent to the U.S constitution federal government should not control individual states.

The North waged a war of aggression on the South. The South fought for states' rights, so basically independence war 2.0.

Yankees are everything bad about the US.

The south said fuck the north because muh state rights and the north was trying to control its trade with foreign countries like England and France because of all the cotton. during and after, the north made it about muh slavery to be on the morally correct side like how any one who's with hitler is wrong cuz muh holocaust.

I learned this in school. I was never taught that the south seceded just because they wanted slaves so bad as liberals today would have you believe. Fourth grade to be exact.

*WAR OF NORTHERN AGGRESSION

Only Yankees would call the willful actions of tyranny, genocide, and general drunken tomfoolery at the hands of a liberal Jew usurper "civil".

Should've killed all traitorous bastards.

Imagine this perfect world, as their kind remains contributing nothing politically and academically to this country. Go back and read their posts it you have doubts, see Trump as well.

Sad.

TRAITORS TO THE UNION CAN KISS MY ASS, DECEMBER 1864 BEST MONTH OF MY LIFE!

what type of horsey is this

Literally the 1864 version of a FEMA Director.

Enjoy your camp pass and plastic coffin, faggot enabler.

The South was right

>implying those fuckers didn't deserve it
WEW

Well, lets be honest the CSA was the worst. But do you know the best confederacy is in the world?

Canada.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

You think I am joking?
CSA - 5ish years
Confederacy of Canada 150 years

t. someone who has never been to the South

I live in Virginia and lived in Texas before that. Can confirm that the only things worth saving from the south is Whataburger and Pralines

So liberals are against people flying the Mexican flag?

Only about 25,000 Americans died in the mexican american war. But, let's also not forget that the "confederate flag" is actually the confederate battle flag.

> Whataburger
> worth saving

>Only about 25,000 Americans died in the mexican american war
So that makes it ok?
Also what about the Democratic Donkey?